The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye day 2

+24
EX7EY
Herman Jaeger
JabMachineMK2
smashingstormcrow
fa0019
catchweight
Knowsit17
mobilemaster8
eirebilly
Pound-for-Pound
jimdig
Steffan
ONETWOFOREVER
djlovesyou
Mr Bounce
Fernando
AdamT
TRUSSMAN66
Rowley
Duty281
Hammersmith harrier
milkyboy
spencerclarke
SweetScience
28 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Haye day 2  - Page 3 Empty Haye day 2

Post by SweetScience Sat 21 May 2016, 8:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

Who's watching, pretty cringe worthy So far.
Haye to splatter his guy inside 4
Biggs his in 2

SweetScience

Back to top Go down

Haye day 2  - Page 3 Empty Re: Haye day 2

Post by smashingstormcrow Mon 23 May 2016, 12:47 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
What risk? Stiverne's done little or nothing since losing to Wilder and parker, what the F*CK are people raving about. A guy as open to shots as that gets his head taken off even by this version Haye. Don't know enough about Ortiz to comment but I gather he's been calling out Haye recently.

Well if Haye doesn't think these guys are risky/dangerous, then why doesn't he fight one of them... instead of a bunch of nobodies... and Shannon bloody Briggs?!!

smashingstormcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 May 2016, 1:41 pm

smashingstormcrow wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
What risk? Stiverne's done little or nothing since losing to Wilder and parker, what the F*CK are people raving about. A guy as open to shots as that gets his head taken off even by this version Haye. Don't know enough about Ortiz to comment but I gather he's been calling out Haye recently.

Well if Haye doesn't think these guys are risky/dangerous, then why doesn't he fight one of them... instead of a bunch of nobodies... and Shannon bloody Briggs?!!

Like he said, most of them are tied up with other fights but I agree that Shannon Briggs can't be the next best alternative.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 23 May 2016, 1:44 pm

I would love to see Fury shut Hayes mouth, after he beats Klit.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 May 2016, 1:48 pm

So would I...however, I genuinely believe Haye kicks the living f*ck out Fury but I'll settle for watching them fight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 May 2016, 1:52 pm

The best bit was when David Haye tried to get a bit of verbal going with Briggs and repeated," Let's go, CHUMP!" rather half-heartedly until it was clear that Briggs wasn't allowed anywhere near the ring.

If Haye doesn't say "People are always coming up to me in the street to ask me when I'm going to shut his mouth", I'll be very surprised. I think they could make a good Viz strip out of that; David Haye goes about his day, to be interrupted by members of the public with an interest in D-Level has-beens

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 23 May 2016, 2:16 pm

I think the authorities have more to worry about with Briggs than PEDs Dave. They should start with a brain scan... To see if they can find one. I suspect there's just an AAA battery attached to a speaker from a kids toy inside there.

On a serious note, I can't remember if the guy always had that tic, but he shouldn't be in a boxing ring.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 23 May 2016, 2:21 pm

DAVE667 wrote:So would I...however, I genuinely believe Haye kicks the living f*ck out Fury but I'll settle for watching them fight.

I think Fury bullies him and wins easy. I guess we will never know.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 May 2016, 2:52 pm

AdamT wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:So would I...however, I genuinely believe Haye kicks the living f*ck out Fury but I'll settle for watching them fight.

It's that kind of apathy that's killing boxing, Adam

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 23 May 2016, 2:58 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
AdamT wrote:

It's just really frustrating. You have some good fighters, that will never step in the ring.

Floyd and Manny were a disgrace. That fight took too long to happen. Now we will have divas all over the shop, demanding the world.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 May 2016, 3:06 pm

andygf wrote:The best bit was when David Haye tried to get a bit of verbal going with  Briggs and repeated," Let's go, CHUMP!" rather half-heartedly until it was clear that Briggs wasn't allowed anywhere near the ring.

If Haye doesn't say "People are  always coming up to me in the street  to ask me when I'm going to shut his mouth", I'll be very surprised. I think they could make a good Viz strip out of that; David Haye goes about his day, to be interrupted by members of the public with an interest in D-Level has-beens
It was as cringeworthy as the VT on "Britain's Got Talent"

One guy, "This is so dangerous I'm putting my life at risk but I'm willing to risk everything to get to the final." Err, "everything" would be your life therefore if you died you wouldn't be in the final...c*nt

One kid, "Me and my mum have been practicing 24/7 but she allows me time to spend with my friends" cue footage of him kicking a football with his mates...Errm, you can't have grasped the concept of 24/7 can you...c*nt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 May 2016, 3:08 pm

AdamT wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
AdamT wrote:

It's just really frustrating. You have some good fighters, that will never step in the ring.

Floyd and Manny were a disgrace. That fight took too long to happen. Now we will have divas all over the shop, demanding the world.
I agree, "Haye's an easy night's work" Well fight the c*nt, win, get paid, shut up about it! or "Fury's an easy night's work" Well fight the c*nt, win, get paid, shut up about it!

It's as to arrange easy as you want to make it, fella

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 23 May 2016, 3:14 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
AdamT wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
AdamT wrote:

I agree, "Haye's an easy night's work" Well fight the c*nt, win, get paid, shut up about it! or "Fury's an easy night's work" Well fight the c*nt, win, get paid, shut up about it!

It is sometimes fun to imagine different eras collide. Like we will never know for certain if Duran could beat Mayweather, or Leonard was a good as Robinson etc. Reason being, they obviously can never fight.

Now in 20 years, will sad gits like us be still questioning whether Khan could of beat Brook? Or if Canelo had of stepped up to face GGG, would he survive??

These types of fights should be happening.

I give Haye sh1t for pulling out, but if he is fit and becomes the main man, Fury or whoever is champ has to fight him.

Boxing needs these guys to step up.

Floyd fought Manny eventually and financially it worked out great. However people will always ask, who would of really won in their prime??

I know ducking has always gone on to a degree, but it is scandalous now!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 May 2016, 3:30 pm

AdamT wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
AdamT wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
AdamT wrote:

It is sometimes fun to imagine different eras collide. Like we will never know for certain if Duran could beat Mayweather, or Leonard was a good as Robinson etc. Reason being, they obviously can never fight.

Now in 20 years, will sad gits like us be still questioning whether Khan could of beat Brook? Or if Canelo had of stepped up to face GGG, would he survive??

These types of fights should be happening.

I give Haye sh1t for pulling out, but if he is fit and becomes the main man, Fury or whoever is champ has to fight him.

Boxing needs these guys to step up.

Floyd fought Manny eventually and financially it worked out great. However people will always ask, who would of really won in their prime??

I know ducking has always gone on to a degree, but it is scandalous now!
Before long, fighters will refuse to face someone claiming it breaches their human rights

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 23 May 2016, 3:33 pm

there are still some good match ups being made. For every good match, there is another that is failed to be made.

Khan and Brook is still a super fight here. I bet it never happens though.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 May 2016, 4:29 pm

It'll get made, just a few too many years after it ceased to become relevant or particularly competitive

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 23 May 2016, 4:36 pm

Can't see a time when Brook ever gets near 50/50....Khan has a loyal following especially amongst the weighty Asian population who don't have many heroes and also has a love/hate personality which attracts attention..

Unless Brook's team makes significant financial concessions can't see it happening...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 May 2016, 5:06 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Can't see a time when Brook ever gets near 50/50....Khan has a loyal following especially amongst the weighty Asian population who don't have many heroes and also has a love/hate personality which attracts attention..

Unless Brook's team makes significant financial concessions can't see it happening...

Hamed?

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 23 May 2016, 5:53 pm

Haye is conman. His whole gig is trying to fight the poorest possible opponent that he can make a few quid from. Hes going to fight the club fighters under the guise that its building towards a big fight with joshua while he lines his pockets. When the joshua fight comes it will be another klitschko display and whatever new excuse he can invent. Hopefully joshua is good enough by then to flatten him into retirement.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Mon 23 May 2016, 6:02 pm

I used to like Haye but now I can't wait to see him get flattened off someone. I'd love it to be fury but don't think he has the one punch power needed for Haye.

Haye is just another Muppet with I respect for the sport or the fans.

I'm sick of hearing the words pay and day when it comes to boxing. There is literally nobody in it for the glory anymore. It's depressing and it's turning me off boxing slowly but surely.

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Mon 23 May 2016, 6:04 pm

Get paid by all means. But surely there should be a bit more to it?!

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Mon 23 May 2016, 6:17 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Can't see a time when Brook ever gets near 50/50....Khan has a loyal following especially amongst the weighty Asian population who don't have many heroes and also has a love/hate personality which attracts attention..

Hamed?
I thought Hamed was descended from the middle east?

Last edited by Atila on Mon 23 May 2016, 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 23 May 2016, 6:25 pm

Dont think Khan vs Brook or Haye vs Fury ever happens. Khan made enough to retire from the Canelo fight and Haye isnt exactly doing his best to get a shot at Fury

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 23 May 2016, 7:32 pm

andygf wrote:The best bit was when David Haye tried to get a bit of verbal going with  Briggs and repeated," Let's go, CHUMP!" rather half-heartedly until it was clear that Briggs wasn't allowed anywhere near the ring.

If Haye doesn't say "People are  always coming up to me in the street  to ask me when I'm going to shut his mouth", I'll be very surprised. I think they could make a good Viz strip out of that; David Haye goes about his day, to be interrupted by members of the public with an interest in D-Level has-beens

I'm going to take a guess that fewer people have asked him about Briggs than asked him about Harrison when he made the same claim about him. Suspect the smart money is on the nil nil draw.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 23 May 2016, 7:48 pm

It's funny. I've never heard him say... 'People are always writing about me on Internet forums saying I should fight someone with a pulse'.

He seems a little selective in his 'doing it for the fans' bit.

The guy was talking about Briggs as a super fight. Sorry did I say Briggs, I meant 'former two time world champion Shannon the cannon lets go champ Briggs'. Superfight or Cnutfest? You decide.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 23 May 2016, 7:52 pm

A working day in the life of David Haye:

9am. Read emails asking him to knockout some guy who is either crap or really old

10am. Get a phone call of Wlad saying "You would have knocked me out if it wasn't for your bad toe. I got lucky"

11am. Goes for s walk and gets constantly stopped by people asking him to knockout some guy who is either crap or really old

12pm. Eat a vegan lunch

1pm. Get a phone call off Tyson Fury saying "There is no way I am fighting you after seeing what your power did do De Mori and Gjergjaj. Forget it"

2pm. Has a meeting with himself about how the plan to save heavyweight boxing is going

3pm. Decide that fighting a 44 year old nutcase is the best way to save heavyweight boxing

4pm. Gets injured in sparing

5pm. Goes home content in the knowledge that he is the best heavyweight in the world

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 23 May 2016, 8:11 pm

I agree with Lance.

Khan will never fight Brook. I think he would rather fight Joshua.

Honestly Khan will fight Garcia next and then he will retire.

Brook will go on to fight the cream. (eventually)

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 23 May 2016, 8:14 pm

Steffan that is definitely Haye lol

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 23 May 2016, 8:20 pm

Steffan wrote:A working day in the life of David Haye:

9am. Read emails asking him to knockout some guy who is either crap or really old

10am. Get a phone call of Wlad saying "You would have knocked me out if it wasn't for your bad toe. I got lucky"

11am. Goes for s walk and gets constantly stopped by people asking him to knockout some guy who is either crap or really old

12pm. Eat a vegan lunch

1pm. Get a phone call off Tyson Fury saying "There is no way I am fighting you after seeing what your power did do De Mori and Gjergjaj. Forget it"

2pm. Has a meeting with himself about how the plan to save heavyweight boxing is going

3pm. Decide that fighting a 44 year old nutcase is the best way to save heavyweight boxing

4pm. Gets injured in sparing

5pm. Goes home content in the knowledge that he is the best heavyweight in the world

You forgot the hour he spends between 9 and 10am checking Dave is not hiding in his cupboards or under his bed.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Haito Mon 23 May 2016, 9:31 pm

Im hoping all the stars align and Briggs lands the lucky punch needed to stall this awful David Pretentious Haye circus. The smile on his face looking out to the crowd after the fight said it all.

Hamed had a high opinion of himself but Haye takes the biscuit. A very unlikeable bloke who is just out for himself. Hes very happy mugging fans taking on absolute no hopers until he gets a huge money spinning title fight which he will lose & then retire.
Haito
Haito

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 23 May 2016, 9:41 pm

Great to hear from you Haito..

Hope you're keeping the Benn shrine clean..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 May 2016, 9:46 pm

Atila wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Hamed?
I thought Hamed was descended from the middle east?
You know damn well that for comedic purposes Hamed is a brilliant example. You f*cking killjoy...

Back to top Go down

Post by Haito Mon 23 May 2016, 9:49 pm

Absolutely Truss, i know you would be dissapointed if i didnt. Hoping for big things from his son Conor aswell. He's certainly got the exciting Benn DNA.
Haito
Haito

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 28 May 2016, 6:12 pm

The only thing I will say positively about it was the fact that it was on Dave, not your Sky Sports or BoxNation subscriptions. It was free. If people want to go to these events. More than welcome, more fool them. Only thing we lost was time, and probably patience. I'm going to judge Haye after Briggs. Clearly the guy was out for a long time, 2 fights in just under 4 years now isn't much, so it's fair to shake off ring rust. The opponents have been dire, though and Briggs isn't much better, I don't think Briggs should be allowed to fight at all, it's clearly dangerous to his health now. After Briggs if he doesn't fight a genuine contender, then it's time to really get on his back in my view. But, like I say, hes fighting on free to air, hes not exactly costing you anything so and as long as he doesn't get a title shot off the back of only fighting nobodies I aren't too bothered. Which he won't. Hearn has already said Haye needs to beat someone relevant for AJ, Fury fight him and I don't think hes interested in Wilder, and I'm even more sure that Wilder isn't interested in getting sparked by Haye, which I'm 90% sure he would.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 28 May 2016, 6:21 pm

Haye has earned a title shot....He was in a superfight with Wlad..is a former two weight champ...and he's an accomplished heavy of his day..which doesn't say much !!

Who did Fury beat pre title????.....and Dillian Whyte is relevant is he ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 May 2016, 5:32 pm

Mr Bounce wrote:Whatever you think about Briggs, he always looks like he's enjoying himself knocking over no-hopers. And he's quite entertaining in a rather tragic "I want a payday" kind of way.

Haye of course is just lining his pockets. Be interesting to watch him against a half decent opponent mind. Ortiz would be interesting.

Briggs is desperately cringingly embarrassing. The 'lets go champ' shtick got tired after day 1.

He's a sad by product of social media and self promotion.

BTW has anyone seen that noob 'Prince' Patel? - a wannabe Naz clone, without the tongue in cheek or confidence and a powder puff puncher by all accounts. Another example of a boxer that will do and say anything to get noticed but sadly doesn't have much substance to back it up.

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Sun 29 May 2016, 7:52 pm

Prince Patel went quiet after he got dropped against a complete no-hoper and scraped a draw.

Not sure we'll be seeing much more of him after that.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jun 2016, 5:52 pm

Just read that Haye has given Nick Blackwell somewhere in the region of £100k to help him out since he was injured in the fight with Eubank Jr.

Nice!

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 30 Jun 2016, 9:42 pm

I'm no fan of the guy, as you well know Dave, but fair play to him... Done more than just give the guy a cut of the purse too, so big thumbs up.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3