The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stadium Announcers

2 posters

Go down

Stadium Announcers Empty Stadium Announcers

Post by The Fourth Lion Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:59 pm

Is it just me, or does the stadium announcer at Toulouse, where the Spain vs Czech Republic match is being played, really sound a dead ringer for Monty Python's Mr Gumby?

He's been bellowing away throughout the second half and listening to him (you can't help but hear him, he's that loud) I can't help imagining he is wearing grey shorts, wellington boots, little round spectacles and has a knotted hankie on his head. I've been expecting him to shout out "Mon cerveau fait mal" at any moment, but alas he hasn't yet.

I thought they weren't supposed to do announcements whilst play is actually in progress?

What does everybody think of stadium announcers in general? Do they really have to be so loud?

Stadium Announcers Mr__gumby_by_applescruffgirl-d3dlzlr

The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Stadium Announcers Empty Re: Stadium Announcers

Post by Hero Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:53 pm

Depends on the announcement. If the announcement is 'The stadium is on fire, get the bejeesus out of here' then I'd prefer it to be rather loud and repeated.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Lion Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:02 pm

Even by Mr Gumby?

Perhaps they could vary it a bit and have emergencies announced by the Spanish Inquisition, or even the Vikings in the spam cafe. The announcer could make his way along the touchline doing a silly walk.
The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down