The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

+43
superflyweight
Lowlandbrit
lostinwales
guildfordbat
dyrewolfe
LordDowlais
Dolphin Ziggler
GSC
wayne
LondonTiger
Fernando
Samo
rIck_dAgless
No 7&1/2
Rory_Gallagher
RDW
kingraf
Galted
Notch
JuliusHMarx
Tattie Scones RRN
Hero
Corporalhumblebucket
aucklandlaurie
TRUSSMAN66
navyblueshorts
funnyExiledScot
Derbymanc
Hammersmith harrier
Pr4wn
doctor_grey
Hibbz
Rowley
Ent
SecretFly
rodders
Coxy001
Sin é
catchweight
temporary21
ShahenshahG
milkyboy
Nico the gman
47 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 17 Empty The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Nico the gman Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:14 am

First topic message reminder :

Munchkin wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:Whether people like it or not the country voted to leave the EU and I don't think there's a cat in hells chance of a 2nd Referendum, those who did fail to vote and wanted to remain have in my opinion no argument.

I don't think a 2nd referendum will happen. I do think a 2nd referendum would vote Remain, even if the exact same voters come out.
Quite possibly.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 17 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by lostinwales Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:27 am

superflyweight wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
superflyweight wrote:33 days and still they don't send the notification.

Once again demonstrating stunning mathematical skills there

I don't pass comment on your posts.  I'll ask you to extend the same courtesy and not pass comment on my [brilliant] posts.  

If we never commented on other people's posts this forum would be a very quiet place.

Can I ask why you are putting this count up?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 17 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by SecretFly Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:37 am

lostinwales wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
superflyweight wrote:33 days and still they don't send the notification.

Once again demonstrating stunning mathematical skills there

I don't pass comment on your posts.  I'll ask you to extend the same courtesy and not pass comment on my [brilliant] posts.  

If we never commented on other people's posts this forum would be a very quiet place.

Can I ask why you are putting this count up?

He doesn't pass comment on your Posts!  

Except the one above that you quoted.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:57 am

I'd just like to advise superflyweight that there are at least another 157 days before we can expect any further Brexit action... raspberry
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:29 pm

FTSE100 now higher than June 23. FTSE250 now higher than June 23.

A great relief to all those people who suddenly had an interest in the financial sector after the referendum result.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:35 pm

35 days since June 23rd and still the planet rounds the Sun.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:58 pm

34 days and still they don't send the notification

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:48 pm

Super, you sound like that mental patient in Hellraiser II "A hundred and five years.... and he still doesn't know my name!"

Look, if you want to do something useful, do a countdown to MONO at the Brudenell in Leeds or Black Crown Initiate playing the Key Club in Leeds. I'm sure these obscure metal bands will be far more interesting than anything Brexit related

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:42 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Super, you sound like that mental patient in Hellraiser II "A hundred and five years.... and he still doesn't know my name!"

Look, if you want to do something useful, do a countdown to MONO at the Brudenell in Leeds or Black Crown Initiate playing the Key Club in Leeds. I'm sure these obscure metal bands will be far more interesting than anything Brexit related

Thanks Dave - always good to get constructive advice, but I think I'll crack on as I am.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:01 am

Duty281 wrote:FTSE100 now higher than June 23. FTSE250 now higher than June 23.

A great relief to all those people who suddenly had an interest in the financial sector after the referendum result.

Probably as everyone's realising that Brexit means lets have a go and we'll end up pretty much where we are.

Yahoo laughing

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:02 am

Am I the only one wish ing a prolonged and painful death for the Radio 2 DJ Steve Wright....what an annoying c*nt he is. Yes I appreciate this is the "Referendum/Brexit/ I know more about Finance than you, ya thick c*nt" thread, but people need to know that he needs to be stopped.

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:56 am

DAVE667 wrote:Am I the only one wish ing a prolonged and painful death for the Radio 2 DJ Steve Wright....what an annoying c*nt he is. Yes I appreciate this is the "Referendum/Brexit/ I know more about Finance than you, ya thick c*nt" thread, but people need to know that he needs to be stopped.

A few years ago I found myself working a lot alongside an English man over here - and he was a great one for the radio. And that Steve Wright guy was obviously a guy that did it for my pal.  Every damn day for a few months, Steve was always there.

I could handle him too for about four or five days, because it was a new voice and the novelty of it kept me mildly interested for a while.  But then I felt that mind-killing drone kick in - I began to see the patterns, the repetition of tone - and the forced "Wey! Hey!!! Hey!!! - We're having massive fun here with all our giggles, asides and stuff!!!"  

I came to quickly hate that regimented strict 'happiness bubble' feel that Steve shared with his helpers, assistants and guests.  And The 'Sal Traffic' sections were the worst.  She herself sounded nice and her voice was lovely, but no woman should ever sit and take it as some idiot calls her f**king 'Sal Traffic' from Monday to Friday.  That's the bit that always made me shiver.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:45 pm

SecretFly wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Am I the only one wish ing a prolonged and painful death for the Radio 2 DJ Steve Wright....what an annoying c*nt he is. Yes I appreciate this is the "Referendum/Brexit/ I know more about Finance than you, ya thick c*nt" thread, but people need to know that he needs to be stopped.

A few years ago I found myself working a lot alongside an English man over here - and he was a great one for the radio. And that Steve Wright guy was obviously a guy that did it for my pal.  Every damn day for a few months, Steve was always there.

I could handle him too for about four or five days, because it was a new voice and the novelty of it kept me mildly interested for a while.  But then I felt that mind-killing drone kick in - I began to see the patterns, the repetition of tone - and the forced "Wey! Hey!!! Hey!!! - We're having massive fun here with all our giggles, asides and stuff!!!"  

I came to quickly hate that regimented strict 'happiness bubble' feel that Steve shared with his helpers, assistants and guests.  And The 'Sal Traffic' sections were the worst.  She herself sounded nice and her voice was lovely, but no woman should ever sit and take it as some idiot calls her f**king 'Sal Traffic' from Monday to Friday.  That's the bit that always made me shiver.
The bit that annoys me most is when he insists on singing over the end of a record as if it's still the 80's and we're all trying to tape the song from the radio so we can save £2 and not buy it from Woolworths. Steve, anyone who wants a copy of ABC's The Look of Love, probably already has it, you t!t...

Then you've got Simon Mayo who has these kids on who will be asked what they'd like to hear and, lo and behold, it's been teed up ready, but not only that, this 13 years desperately wants to hear something by Bette Midler...Oh just f*ck off and die, the lot of you!

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:01 pm

Does anyone know how many days it is since the vote and whether they've sent the notification yet?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:32 pm

35 days and still they don't send the notification.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:44 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Does anyone know how many days it is since the vote and whether they've sent the notification yet?

laughing well timed.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:46 pm

Does anyone know how long it is until MONO play at the Brudenell Club in Leeds?

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:18 pm

It is 106 days until MONO play the Brudenell Social Club in Leeds.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:48 pm

Tremendous, is there anyway you can fashion one of those countdown/Doomsday clock things then we keep track without having to ask you for an update?

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:47 am

superflyweight wrote:It is 106 days until MONO play the Brudenell Social Club in Leeds.

I think I've just discovered 'flyweight's real-life identity...

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 17 The-count-pi

WAN HANDRED UND SIX DAYS...A-HA-HA-HA!!!

dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:49 am

laughing

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:54 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Wd-Q3F8KM

This one is more accurate Dyre

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:20 pm

35 days and still they don't send the notification.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:21 pm

It is 103 days until MONO play the Brudenell Social Club in Leeds.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:39 am

superflyweight wrote:It is 103 days until MONO play the Brudenell Social Club in Leeds.
I can barely contain my excitement...finally something to get excited about. Just need to know if they're swapping headlining sets with ALCEST during this tour. Suppose it's too much to ask if you know the answer, Super?

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:04 am

DAVE667 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:It is 103 days until MONO play the Brudenell Social Club in Leeds.
I can barely contain my excitement...finally something to get excited about. Just need to know if they're swapping headlining sets with ALCEST during this tour. Suppose it's too much to ask if you know the answer, Super?

Given that he seems to be having problems with the other count.....

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:23 pm

36 days and still they don't send the notification.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:23 pm

It is 102 days until MONO play the Brudenell Social Club in Leeds.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:32 pm

Enough please, Superflyweight. It's annoying everyone and contributing nothing to the debate.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:21 pm

I do need to keep track of MONO to be honest, otherwise I will forget.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:36 pm

Pr4wn wrote:Enough please, Superflyweight. It's annoying everyone and contributing nothing to the debate.

Fair's fair. I'll behave and won't do it anymore.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:42 pm

Vladimir: Shall we leave?

Estragon: Yes, we should leave.

They do not send the notification.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:43 pm

It is 101 days until MONO play the Brudenell Social Club in Leeds.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:06 pm

EU referendum poll:
Remain: 43%
Leave: 44%
(via YouGov / 21 - 22 Jul)

Leave leading in another poll - looking good for the 23rd...oh right!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:28 pm

Pr4wn wrote:Enough please, Superflyweight. It's annoying everyone and contributing nothing to the debate.

To be fair Duty spent months spouting his inane closet racist rubbish yet was allowed to go on.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:00 pm

To be fair, as inane and closet-racist as it was, it was contributing to the debate.

Should I stop everyone that you don't agree with?

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:08 pm

Yes
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:28 pm

Pr4wn wrote:To be fair, as inane and closet-racist as it was, it was contributing to the debate.

In which case, I disagree with your belief that my posts were not contributing to the debate.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:28 pm

37 days and still they don't send the notification.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:29 pm

Pr4wn wrote:To be fair, as inane and closet-racist as it was, it was contributing to the debate.

Can I give you a list?

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:59 pm

superflyweight wrote:37 days and still they don't send the notification.

Thank you for the update.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:16 pm

Just wondering why it was 35 days on both Friday 29th July and Monday 1st August

And what is the point in the first place?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:17 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Thank you for the update.
I too appreciate the update but not nearly as much as I appreciate the MONO updates. New album out on October 16th. Perfect opportunity for another update which may make (drumroll) Prawn crackers

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:25 pm

'The UK economy is contracting at its fastest rate since the financial crisis, making an interest rate cut "a foregone conclusion", according to financial data company Markit.

There you go. More bloody experts....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36962059

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:44 pm

Thanks Walesey. I was on the sauce at the weekend which led to a catastrophic miscount.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:45 pm

40 days and still they don't send the notification.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:46 pm

superflyweight wrote:Thanks Walesey.   I was on the sauce at the weekend which led to a catastrophic miscount.  
Ironically this was the excuse put forward when the result of the Brexit vote was announced

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:35 am

lostinwales wrote:'The UK economy is contracting at its fastest rate since the financial crisis, making an interest rate cut "a foregone conclusion", according to financial data company Markit.

There you go. More bloody experts....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36962059

Feel's silly having a conversation with myself but anyway - stuff like this is going to make it harder and harder to 'send the notification'. Nobody is going to want to do that and watch the economy nosedive on their watch.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:41 am

I've never heard of MONO before.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:01 am

Galted wrote:I've never heard of MONO before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAV6g7la7po

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:08 am

Life changing stuff Galted, it may not stop you wanting to get sucked of by tramps but at least when you go home reeking of shame and regret, you can unwind with some nice music (certainly better than that j*zz rubbish Rowley listens to)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next