The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Middleton Arena - If you missed it then you missed out

3 posters

Go down

Middleton Arena - If you missed it then you missed out Empty Middleton Arena - If you missed it then you missed out

Post by Derbymanc Mon 11 Jul 2016, 6:06 pm

I decided to take the whole family as last time we went to a live show (Crolla/Perez 1) the kids couldn’t come. This was £20.00 each so not an overly massive amount if it didn’t turn out so great (no worries on that score).

Middleton Arena was the venue on Friday, 24th June. The doors opened at 19:30 ready for the first bout at 20:30, during this interval the ‘Vicious’ documentary was played, showing the struggles ex-boxer Kieran Farrell has come through and how far he’s come. (I’ve struggled on many occasions to write about it but still feel I can’t do it justice.)
Then some interviews carried out by Jamal Niaz with the local boxers was played and of course, the beers were flowing, the Arena filled up and with the place packed (only 10 tickets weren’t sold), we’re ready for the first bout.

The youngster Jake Bulger taking on the experienced Kas Hussain over 4 rounds in the Lightweight division. Jake looking like he’d spent the last 6 months abroad took the bout straight to Kas which seemed to overwhelm the plucky veteran who covered up for much of the first round taking constant short jabs to the head followed by strong looping hooks to the body, the younger Bulger was very much in control for ¾’s of this one and not only boxed anyway he wanted but seemed to move the slightly bulkier Hussain around the ring at whim. Hussain exploded into life in the 4th, but Bulgers ring intelligence shown as he covered up, took the shots on his arms before unleashing some wicked hooks to the body and driving the well travelled Hussain backwards before the bell went for the end of the 4th and Jakes arm was raised in victory with a 40-36 win.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Continued at http://www.ringnews24.com/2016/07/10/wins-jake-bulger-william-warburton-middleton-arena/

As always opinions good and bad are welcome and as i know some of you are from round this way, would be interested to know if any of you went (or friends went) and what your thoughts on it were

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Middleton Arena - If you missed it then you missed out Empty Re: Middleton Arena - If you missed it then you missed out

Post by Rowley Tue 12 Jul 2016, 8:41 am

Good stuff Derby, for what my opinion is worth you're a decent writer. Good luck with it pal.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Middleton Arena - If you missed it then you missed out Empty Re: Middleton Arena - If you missed it then you missed out

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 12 Jul 2016, 9:32 am

Echo Rowley's sentiments..

Yes Farrell has to be commended...Easy for him to feel sorry for himself but he's said bollox to that...

Nice you have a family interested in the sport...If I shouted out "Broner" my Wife would think it was her lucky night.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 12 Jul 2016, 1:51 pm

Cheers fella's (and it's worth a lot Rowl's as your stuff's always gold)

He's top class Truss and still the down to earth Heywood lad he's always been (and his brother Nay too). Helped me out a lot with my coaching (article to come soon) and you can see he wants what's best for his fighters (be they amateur or Pro).

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down