The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by Rowley on Wed 03 Aug 2016, 9:21 pm

Am sure some of you will have seen the headlines and stories tonight about Tyson Fury being banned for anti doping offences. For those that haven't the story is here: http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/10521753/tyson-furys-provisional-suspension-lifted-by-uk-anti-doping

Now those who like a conspiracy theory will be interested to know the June 24th date was the same date Fury announced the withdrawal from the Klitschko rematch. Peter Fury is insisting on Twitter that the injury came first and is legitimate, but if so it is all one hell of a coincidence. Peter and Team Fury also claim they will be suing UK Anti Doping as they are completely innocent of this charge. UK Anti Doping are inevitably refusing to comment whilst investigations are under way.

God only knows what to make of all this. The funny thing is a wrote a thread earlier about whether Fury should leave Hennessy, my plan was to tidy it up and post it this evening. However this story has somewhat superseded that thread. That said I do think the question remains valid. Whilst obviously Hennessy cannot be blamed for either Fury or UKAD's errors he hardly grasps the nettle when it comes to getting ahead of the story from a PR perspective. As someone who has tickets for the Klitschko rematch I now have genuine doubts it will even happen. Clearly none of us have enough insight into the truths of this to comment with any authority but you can't help but get the impression chaos reigns in the Fury camp at the minute.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Posts : 22053
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 47
Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by catchweight on Wed 03 Aug 2016, 9:39 pm

All of the flabby heavyweights are getting done for drugs, but the ripped bodybuilding look a likes are clean.

These drug tests always seem to be handed so poorly. The test dates back to February 2015? Was it sitting on the shelf until last month? Why bring it out now? Why bring it out before a scheduled fight and then lift the ban? And whats supposed to happen then? More tests? Like a lot of other things in boxeing, the organisation of the testing seems to be a bit of joke.

Surely the can they run a test and find out pretty quickly if its clean or not and then act appropriately. But there always seems to be a balls up somewhere. Already one good heavyweight fight ruined this year between Wilder and Povetkin.


catchweight

Posts : 4305
Join date : 2013-09-18

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by Rowley on Wed 03 Aug 2016, 9:44 pm

Got to say for what it is worth I think Fury is clean. Firstly if he is using roids, he is almost certainly being ripped off and secondly I don't think his camp are anywhere near sophisticated to get away with it or even make half a fist of getting away with it. Has not been a great couple of days for UKAD. Don't follow cycling but it appears the Lizzie Armistead was handled every bit as poorly as this.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Posts : 22053
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 47
Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by catchweight on Wed 03 Aug 2016, 9:55 pm

Any boxer failing a test would never surprise me in the slightest. But the whole drug testing regulation and procedures seems like a total mess. Different agencies, different tests, different procendures. If one sample fails test another. If that fails test another. If a trace is above a certain amount it could be a sign of a masking agent for a different making agent for a PED. Or it could be the toothpaste. We arent sure. So lets just forget it. Boxer A wants to be tested by this organisation because hes paying them to do the tests. Boxer B doesnt trust that organisation so he want to be tested by his pals in his home country. The promoter doesnt want any testing at all.

And when it it all blows over nothing actually seems to happen really.

catchweight

Posts : 4305
Join date : 2013-09-18

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by RANDY77 on Wed 03 Aug 2016, 10:12 pm

I don't believe any half educated (I'm giving TF this much credit) professional athlete would knowingly choose to cheat using nandrolone. There are thousands of substances, with probably greater performance benefits and much "better" dectection times.

Something doesn't add up. I believe Tyson is clean. It's the fact both him and HF failed around the same time that is causing me to be suspicious.

RANDY77

Posts : 198
Join date : 2011-10-09
Age : 32
Location : Penpedairheol, South Wales.

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Wed 03 Aug 2016, 10:44 pm

Tyson and Hughie both failed tests so that would be one hell of a coincidence if they are clean, he's been caught and body shape has nothing to do with it.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by ShahenshahG on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 7:11 am

catchweight wrote:All of the flabby heavyweights are getting done for drugs, but the ripped bodybuilding look a likes are clean.

These drug tests always seem to be handed so poorly. The test dates back to February 2015? Was it sitting on the shelf until last month? Why bring it out now? Why bring it out before a scheduled fight and then lift the ban? And whats supposed to happen then? More tests? Like a lot of other things in boxeing, the organisation of the testing seems to be a bit of joke.

Surely the can they run a test and find out pretty quickly if its clean or not and then act appropriately. But there always seems to be a balls up somewhere. Already one good heavyweight fight ruined this year between Wilder and Povetkin.


That's the thing, if they stay fit all year round they aren't going to need those drugs, they aren't going to give them much more performance than their own abilities and it's like they've got a lot more to lose than gain (or they're just better at getting away with it which is always a possibility) Fury being a case in point if he is indeed guilty. The fat ones need the boost, because losing weight is fecking hard.

The second bit is because of what happened to previous fights Ortiz vs berto being a case in point, all the drug testing agencies have to sign a NDA until all the testing is verified and they have to pay to do it so until they get paid by the promoter they aren't going to do it. Supposed to be prohibitively expensive the way boxing does it whereas economies of scale in other sports make it more viable.

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15643
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 35
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by marty2086 on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 9:42 am

catchweight wrote:Any boxer failing a test would never surprise me in the slightest. But the whole drug testing regulation and procedures seems like a total mess. Different agencies, different tests, different procendures. If one sample fails test another. If that fails test another. If a trace is above a certain amount it could be a sign of a masking agent for a different making agent for a PED. Or it could be the toothpaste. We arent sure. So lets just forget it. Boxer A wants to be tested by this organisation because hes paying them to do the tests. Boxer B doesnt trust that organisation so he want to be tested by his pals in his home country. The promoter doesnt want any testing at all.

And when it it all blows over nothing actually seems to happen really.

When samples are taken two are done at the same time, so you have an A and B sample. The A sample is tested, if negative that's ok if positive the B sample is tested if the athlete asks for it to be done, a sample could be tainted or a test provide a false positive. Its the way most testing is done in scientific fields.

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by marty2086 on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 9:48 am

ShahenshahG wrote:The second bit is because of what happened to previous fights Ortiz vs berto being a case in point, all the drug testing agencies have to sign a NDA until all the testing is verified and they have to pay to do it so until they get paid by the promoter they aren't going to do it. Supposed to be prohibitively expensive the way boxing does it whereas economies of scale in other sports make it more viable.

In the States, most, if not all promoters and other sports use the USADA who are as much as part of the problem as the Mayweather IV debacle hightlighted.

There is a lab in the US, can't remember their name, that carry out the tests for considerably less than USADA and the test is actually more comprehensive. USADA claim it is too expensive and don't do it.

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 10:01 am

marty2086 wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:The second bit is because of what happened to previous fights Ortiz vs berto being a case in point, all the drug testing agencies have to sign a NDA until all the testing is verified and they have to pay to do it so until they get paid by the promoter they aren't going to do it. Supposed to be prohibitively expensive the way boxing does it whereas economies of scale in other sports make it more viable.

In the States, most, if not all promoters and other sports use the USADA who are as much as part of the problem as the Mayweather IV debacle hightlighted.

There is a lab in the US, can't remember their name, that carry out the tests for considerably less than USADA and the test is actually more comprehensive. USADA claim it is too expensive and don't do it.

VADA, a few boxers are signed up with them, Nonito Donaire was the first to do so I believe.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by AdamT on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 10:45 am

I don't believe many elite pro boxers are totally clean. It's only my opinion of course.

I think he cheated. Nandrolone can be found in many designer drugs.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by hazharrison on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 10:58 am

It really is a puzzler. As usual, there isn't a single boxing journalist anywhere near the story.

From what I can gather:

Both boxers charged on 24th June (the day Fury pulled up injured).
Both provisionally suspended.
Both have challenged the suspension which has been lifted pending a hearing before the NAPD.
Both remain charged with the presence of a prohibited substance.

It does not look good.

hazharrison

Posts : 7540
Join date : 2011-03-26

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by Guest on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 11:00 am

Never believed the "injury" to Fury was genuine however, my though process was along the lines that tickets sales were p!ss poor and they wanted time to shift a few more. Fuel was added to the fire when watching the former Irish HW champion Fury dancing and carrying on with the England supporters during the Euros this Summer.

His stupidity is exceeded only by his arrogance but my biggest concern is that if he's submitted a sample that failed then why was he allowed to fight for the HW title in the first place. Seems ludicrous in the extreme to allow this to happen

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by AdamT on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 11:05 am

Boxing needs to take a leaf out of the UFC and test these f...ers better. More random testing required.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by hazharrison on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 11:06 am

I'd be amazed if those bulbous boils all over Hughie's body were as a result of steroid abuse. Amazed.

hazharrison

Posts : 7540
Join date : 2011-03-26

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by hazharrison on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 11:08 am

AdamT wrote:Boxing needs to take a leaf out of the UFC and test these f...ers better. More random testing required.

Problem with that is they're all at in in UFC - only way they can train as often as they need to. Didn't Lesnar and Jones go down recently?

hazharrison

Posts : 7540
Join date : 2011-03-26

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by Guest on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 11:11 am

hazharrison wrote:I'd be amazed if those bulbous boils all over Hughie's body were as a result of steroid abuse. Amazed.
Does seem surprising that Hughie started with, then went for treatment for, a virulent strain of "acne" round about the time these offences are alleged to have happened.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by marty2086 on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 11:34 am

hazharrison wrote:
AdamT wrote:Boxing needs to take a leaf out of the UFC and test these f...ers better. More random testing required.

Problem with that is they're all at in in UFC - only way they can train as often as they need to. Didn't Lesnar and Jones go down recently?

Sorry but that's a ridiculous statement, two failed tests mean they are all at it?

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by AdamT on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 11:42 am

marty2086 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
AdamT wrote:Boxing needs to take a leaf out of the UFC and test these f...ers better. More random testing required.

Problem with that is they're all at in in UFC - only way they can train as often as they need to. Didn't Lesnar and Jones go down recently?

Sorry but that's a ridiculous statement, two failed tests mean they are all at it?

A lot more than 2. Chad Mendes among others. Forget off the top of my head.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by marty2086 on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 11:50 am

AdamT wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
AdamT wrote:Boxing needs to take a leaf out of the UFC and test these f...ers better. More random testing required.

Problem with that is they're all at in in UFC - only way they can train as often as they need to. Didn't Lesnar and Jones go down recently?

Sorry but that's a ridiculous statement, two failed tests mean they are all at it?

A lot more than 2. Chad Mendes among others. Forget off the top of my head.

You used those two to back up your statement that's why I mentioned two. Yes many have failed, yet most haven't.

If they are all at it, then why aren't all failing?

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by AdamT on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 11:53 am

I didn't Haz did. Bad timing I guess.

Maybe more don't now because of rigorous testing.

I am of the same opinion of Haz when it comes to this issue.

Similar to when Floyd was caught using an illegal dose of vitamins with an I.V

For a guy that weighed 150 30 days from fight night, I doubt he was that dehydrated for his 147 fight with Manny.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by Pedro147 on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 12:03 pm

AdamT wrote:Boxing needs to take a leaf out of the UFC and test these f...ers better. More random testing required.

I could be wrong on this but from what I've been told UFC's system is no better (a friend told me as we were discussing PEDs in boxing and UFC and I don't know much about UFC), but apparently in UFC the year round testing is left to the drug testers in the fighter country i.e. Irish fighters are tested by the Irish testers, UK fighters by British testers and so on. So essentially testers naturally don't want fighters from their own country testing positive so a lot of results being covered up. It may be different for big fights in the US but the all year round testing is done this way. This is why there's so much suspicion about Brazilian UFC fighters and the Brazilian testing body.

I'm not saying that boxing has better standards or procedures that can't be improved upon but UFC still has a long way to go too, to the best of my knowledge anyway.

Pedro147

Posts : 885
Join date : 2011-03-05

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by ShahenshahG on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 12:03 pm

How many ufc fighters are there?

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15643
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 35
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by marty2086 on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 12:05 pm

UFC are ahead of the times when it comes to it all, they were the first to ban IVs because of their masking properties. California have since done it for health reasons.

The system is also overly complex, Mendes seemed to indicate that he used something he didn't realise was banned. It was a HGH peptide, so if he thought it wasn't banned that means he was likely using HGH substances that are not on the banned list and wouldn't be the only one.

Until those caught doping are banned for life, the rewards will always outweigh the risks. That in itself is also fraught with difficulties because there are genuine competitors who fail tests because they haven't been vigilant on what they are eating, drinking, using or even injecting.

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by marty2086 on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 12:10 pm

Pedro147 wrote:
AdamT wrote:Boxing needs to take a leaf out of the UFC and test these f...ers better. More random testing required.

I could be wrong on this but from what I've been told UFC's system is no better (a friend told me as we were discussing PEDs in boxing and UFC and I don't know much about UFC), but apparently in UFC the year round testing is left to the drug testers in the fighter country i.e. Irish fighters are tested by the Irish testers, UK fighters by British testers and so on. So essentially testers naturally don't want fighters from their own country testing positive so a lot of results being covered up. It may be different for big fights in the US but the all year round testing is done this way. This is why there's so much suspicion about Brazilian UFC fighters and the Brazilian testing body.

I'm not saying that boxing has better standards or procedures that can't be improved upon but UFC still has a long way to go too, to the best of my knowledge anyway.

UFC use USADA to administer their tests, as I said they are as much part of the problem as anyone.

Going after Lance Armstrong wasn't altruistic for them, they weren't cleaning up sport. They were marketing their company, which is essentially what they are.

USADA use local agencies then in different countries to administer the tests though that's not always the case, prior to his fight with McGregor an American agent went to test Jose Aldo. As they were used to dealing with Brazilians they refused to deal with him, so was sent packing saying they thought he was suspicious.

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by Pedro147 on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 12:11 pm

marty2086 wrote:UFC are ahead of the times when it comes to it all, they were the first to ban IVs because of their masking properties. California have since done it for health reasons.

The system is also overly complex, Mendes seemed to indicate that he used something he didn't realise was banned. It was a HGH peptide, so if he thought it wasn't banned that means he was likely using HGH substances that are not on the banned list and wouldn't be the only one.

Until those caught doping are banned for life, the rewards will always outweigh the risks. That in itself is also fraught with difficulties because there are genuine competitors who fail tests because they haven't been vigilant on what they are eating, drinking, using or even injecting.

Is it not strange that McGregor can go from fighting at 145lbs to 170lbs and still be ripped? It's the equivalent of Mayweather going up to fight Froch and still being ripped at the weight. Yet we're told this is normal as he's boiling down. Most fighters boil down however this isn't questioned.

Pedro147

Posts : 885
Join date : 2011-03-05

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by Guest on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 12:18 pm

Pedro147 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:UFC are ahead of the times when it comes to it all, they were the first to ban IVs because of their masking properties. California have since done it for health reasons.

The system is also overly complex, Mendes seemed to indicate that he used something he didn't realise was banned. It was a HGH peptide, so if he thought it wasn't banned that means he was likely using HGH substances that are not on the banned list and wouldn't be the only one.

Until those caught doping are banned for life, the rewards will always outweigh the risks. That in itself is also fraught with difficulties because there are genuine competitors who fail tests because they haven't been vigilant on what they are eating, drinking, using or even injecting.

Is it not strange that McGregor can go from fighting at 145lbs to 170lbs and still be ripped? It's the equivalent of Mayweather going up to fight Froch and still being ripped at the weight. Yet we're told this is normal as he's boiling down. Most fighters boil down however this isn't questioned.
Check out pictures of McGregor during his FW stint, he looks ill, he's that thin.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/blogs/mma/conor-mcgregor-could-leave-ufc-featherweight-division-before-defending-title-vs-frankie-edgar/

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by marty2086 on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 12:20 pm

Pedro147 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:UFC are ahead of the times when it comes to it all, they were the first to ban IVs because of their masking properties. California have since done it for health reasons.

The system is also overly complex, Mendes seemed to indicate that he used something he didn't realise was banned. It was a HGH peptide, so if he thought it wasn't banned that means he was likely using HGH substances that are not on the banned list and wouldn't be the only one.

Until those caught doping are banned for life, the rewards will always outweigh the risks. That in itself is also fraught with difficulties because there are genuine competitors who fail tests because they haven't been vigilant on what they are eating, drinking, using or even injecting.

Is it not strange that McGregor can go from fighting at 145lbs to 170lbs and still be ripped? It's the equivalent of Mayweather going up to fight Froch and still being ripped at the weight. Yet we're told this is normal as he's boiling down. Most fighters boil down however this isn't questioned.

That's not the case though, after weighing in for UFC 194 he apparently shot up over 170 for the fight with Aldo and was still ripped. He was due to fight at 155 at UFC 196 before RDA got injured and said himself got stuck into the steaks to add on the weight.

So many get questioned these days that rumours will now follow most unless they fail

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by Pedro147 on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 12:21 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Pedro147 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:UFC are ahead of the times when it comes to it all, they were the first to ban IVs because of their masking properties. California have since done it for health reasons.

The system is also overly complex, Mendes seemed to indicate that he used something he didn't realise was banned. It was a HGH peptide, so if he thought it wasn't banned that means he was likely using HGH substances that are not on the banned list and wouldn't be the only one.

Until those caught doping are banned for life, the rewards will always outweigh the risks. That in itself is also fraught with difficulties because there are genuine competitors who fail tests because they haven't been vigilant on what they are eating, drinking, using or even injecting.

Is it not strange that McGregor can go from fighting at 145lbs to 170lbs and still be ripped? It's the equivalent of Mayweather going up to fight Froch and still being ripped at the weight. Yet we're told this is normal as he's boiling down. Most fighters boil down however this isn't questioned.
Check out pictures of McGregor during his FW stint, he looks ill, he's that thin.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/blogs/mma/conor-mcgregor-could-leave-ufc-featherweight-division-before-defending-title-vs-frankie-edgar/

I've seen the photo's before. So we're saying he loses two stone, doesn't lose any power and that he's naturally a 170lbs fighers?

Pedro147

Posts : 885
Join date : 2011-03-05

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by marty2086 on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 12:25 pm

He actually seemed to lose power going up in weight against Diaz

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by Pedro147 on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 12:26 pm

marty2086 wrote:
Pedro147 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:UFC are ahead of the times when it comes to it all, they were the first to ban IVs because of their masking properties. California have since done it for health reasons.

The system is also overly complex, Mendes seemed to indicate that he used something he didn't realise was banned. It was a HGH peptide, so if he thought it wasn't banned that means he was likely using HGH substances that are not on the banned list and wouldn't be the only one.

Until those caught doping are banned for life, the rewards will always outweigh the risks. That in itself is also fraught with difficulties because there are genuine competitors who fail tests because they haven't been vigilant on what they are eating, drinking, using or even injecting.

Is it not strange that McGregor can go from fighting at 145lbs to 170lbs and still be ripped? It's the equivalent of Mayweather going up to fight Froch and still being ripped at the weight. Yet we're told this is normal as he's boiling down. Most fighters boil down however this isn't questioned.

That's not the case though, after weighing in for UFC 194 he apparently shot up over 170 for the fight with Aldo and was still ripped. He was due to fight at 155 at UFC 196 before RDA got injured and said himself got stuck into the steaks to add on the weight.

So many get questioned these days that rumours will now follow most unless they fail

So he put on 25kgs in 24 hours, that's over three stone. 1 litre of water equals 1 kg of weight and he would also be eating food in that time also. So we're saying in approximately 24 hours he had 20 litres of water and 5 kgs of food? This also doesn't take into account urinating or having a number two.

Pedro147

Posts : 885
Join date : 2011-03-05

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by AdamT on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 12:27 pm

25kg?? You mean pounds??

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by Pedro147 on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 12:29 pm

AdamT wrote:25kg?? You mean pounds??

Sorry yes lbs. So it's still just under 2 stone.

Pedro147

Posts : 885
Join date : 2011-03-05

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by marty2086 on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 12:31 pm

Pedro, Im going on what others reported.

This was prior to the no IV rules being introduced so obscene amounts could be introduced quickly, don't forget too most fighters wont have had anything prior to weigh in, so there'd probably be plenty of food eaten after words

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by Pedro147 on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 12:32 pm

I'm Irish btw so it's not an anti-Irish bash. But to bring it back to boxing, if it was a fighter you didn't like you'd be questioning it. It's not that you can't lose weight by boiling down but he's not losing power, it's nuts. And even though he tired in his last fight he busted up Diaz's face.

Pedro147

Posts : 885
Join date : 2011-03-05

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by marty2086 on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 12:37 pm

There are very few fighters I suspect of cheating or doping. Most substances aren't for muscle or power these days but for recovery during training or endurance so muscle mass etc doesn't exactly give away much.

If hes in two weight classes above someone he will have a serious advantage when it comes to power

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by AdamT on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 12:42 pm

marty2086 wrote:There are very few fighters I suspect of cheating or doping. Most substances aren't for muscle or power these days but for recovery during training or endurance so muscle mass etc doesn't exactly give away much.

If hes in two weight classes above someone he will have a serious advantage when it comes to power

There are very few fighters I suspect aren't doping. Each to their own.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by marty2086 on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 12:52 pm

AdamT wrote:
marty2086 wrote:There are very few fighters I suspect of cheating or doping. Most substances aren't for muscle or power these days but for recovery during training or endurance so muscle mass etc doesn't exactly give away much.

If hes in two weight classes above someone he will have a serious advantage when it comes to power

There are very few fighters I suspect aren't doping. Each to their own.

When I say doping I mean using banned substances. Like I said with the Chad Mendes example, he seemed to indicate he didn't think it was banned so fighters would be using legal substances to gain advantages because they aren't on banned lists because the authorities aren't ahead of those producing them and probably never will be.


marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by Guest on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 3:40 pm

Pedro147 wrote:
AdamT wrote:25kg?? You mean pounds??

Sorry yes lbs. So it's still just under 2 stone.
So what, Arturro Gatti was notorious for it

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by Guest on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 5:35 pm

Fury to be stripped and Wlad to face David Haye for the vacant title.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by TopHat24/7 on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 5:39 pm

Worst thing, to me, is Fury's win looked totally legit and he was the first person to pull it off (or come even close) versus one of boxing's most dominant champs for the last decade.

This now undermines that and, worst case, the result gets annulled and we get Klitty reinstated and wrestling over tomato cans for another couple of years. (plus I'm an AJ fan and think he'd fare better versus Fury than her would versus K)

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 36
Location : London

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by catchweight on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 11:08 pm

How does it take 18 months for this to be brought to light? Something seems off.

It looks clear that that in Feb 2015 one of Fury's tests did show traces of Nandroline (from the timeline this looks to be from his fight with Hammer). However a second sample from that date and the results of 7 other seperate tests across the last 2 year period (including all the test from the Klitschko fight) have all been clean.

Apparently, and this is where it looks off, UKAD informed Fury last Sep that one of his tests had traces of Nandroline but as the others had been clean they told him it was most likely a contaminated test / supplement and no further action would be taken.

June 24 2016 its leaked by the Sunday Mirror that Fury failed a test in Feb 2015. Now Fury is taking legal action against UKAD for damages and violating an agreement that UKAD made whereby they confirmed that no action would be taken back in September.

Not a great deal to go on, but something looks fishy with how UKAD handled this.

catchweight

Posts : 4305
Join date : 2013-09-18

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by AdamT on Fri 05 Aug 2016, 8:25 am

I hope he is clean. He was the one guy I thought that might of been clean. I always thought his rivals are juicing big time. I still do.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by Guest on Fri 05 Aug 2016, 10:42 am

catchweight wrote:How does it take 18 months for this to be brought to light? Something seems off.

It looks clear that that in Feb 2015 one of Fury's tests did show traces of Nandroline (from the timeline this looks to be from his fight with Hammer). However a second sample from that date and the results of 7 other seperate tests across the last 2 year period (including all the test from the Klitschko fight) have all been clean.

Apparently, and this is where it looks off, UKAD informed Fury last Sep that one of his tests had traces of Nandroline but as the others had been clean they told him it was most likely a contaminated test / supplement and no further action would be taken.

June 24 2016 its leaked by the Sunday Mirror that Fury failed a test in Feb 2015. Now Fury is taking legal action against UKAD for damages and violating an agreement that UKAD made whereby they confirmed that no action would be taken back in September.

Not a great deal to go on, but something looks fishy with how UKAD handled this.
There's evidence to suggest you may have stabbed someone but because there was no evidence you stabbed anyone in the following seven weeks we'll just assume it's a mistake, shall we? Seems VERY professional!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by Pedro147 on Fri 05 Aug 2016, 11:06 am

DAVE667 wrote:
Pedro147 wrote:
AdamT wrote:25kg?? You mean pounds??

Sorry yes lbs. So it's still just under 2 stone.
So what, Arturro Gatti was notorious for it

Yes but didn't fight at the higher weight smashing people's faces up, he boiled down to fight at the lower weight as he didn't have the power to fight the bigger guys at his 'natural weight'.

Pedro147

Posts : 885
Join date : 2011-03-05

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by Guest on Fri 05 Aug 2016, 11:19 am

Pedro147 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Pedro147 wrote:
AdamT wrote:25kg?? You mean pounds??

Sorry yes lbs. So it's still just under 2 stone.
So what, Arturro Gatti was notorious for it

Yes but didn't fight at the higher weight smashing people's faces up, he boiled down to fight at the lower weight as he didn't have the power to fight the bigger guys at his 'natural weight'.
So no different to McGregor then? Fail to see what your argument is

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by marty2086 on Fri 05 Aug 2016, 11:24 am

Pedro147 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Pedro147 wrote:
AdamT wrote:25kg?? You mean pounds??

Sorry yes lbs. So it's still just under 2 stone.
So what, Arturro Gatti was notorious for it

Yes but didn't fight at the higher weight smashing people's faces up, he boiled down to fight at the lower weight as he didn't have the power to fight the bigger guys at his 'natural weight'.

Pedro you do realise that in MMA theres less padding on the gloves so theres more damage gets done when throwing a punch?

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by Rowley on Fri 05 Aug 2016, 12:18 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
catchweight wrote:How does it take 18 months for this to be brought to light? Something seems off.

It looks clear that that in Feb 2015 one of Fury's tests did show traces of Nandroline (from the timeline this looks to be from his fight with Hammer). However a second sample from that date and the results of 7 other seperate tests across the last 2 year period (including all the test from the Klitschko fight) have all been clean.

Apparently, and this is where it looks off, UKAD informed Fury last Sep that one of his tests had traces of Nandroline but as the others had been clean they told him it was most likely a contaminated test / supplement and no further action would be taken.

June 24 2016 its leaked by the Sunday Mirror that Fury failed a test in Feb 2015. Now Fury is taking legal action against UKAD for damages and violating an agreement that UKAD made whereby they confirmed that no action would be taken back in September.

Not a great deal to go on, but something looks fishy with how UKAD handled this.
There's evidence to suggest you may have stabbed someone but because there was no evidence you stabbed anyone in the following seven weeks we'll just assume it's a mistake, shall we? Seems VERY professional!

You do have to apply a bit of common sense to things though. His completely clean record since and prior does raise reasonable questions. The most obvious one being why would a fighter choose to cheat against an opponent of moderate ability when he has not cheated before or since, when he has fought more dangerous opponents in that time frame. Seems at best an odd decision.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Posts : 22053
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 47
Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by Guest on Fri 05 Aug 2016, 12:29 pm

Rowley wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
catchweight wrote:How does it take 18 months for this to be brought to light? Something seems off.

It looks clear that that in Feb 2015 one of Fury's tests did show traces of Nandroline (from the timeline this looks to be from his fight with Hammer). However a second sample from that date and the results of 7 other seperate tests across the last 2 year period (including all the test from the Klitschko fight) have all been clean.

Apparently, and this is where it looks off, UKAD informed Fury last Sep that one of his tests had traces of Nandroline but as the others had been clean they told him it was most likely a contaminated test / supplement and no further action would be taken.

June 24 2016 its leaked by the Sunday Mirror that Fury failed a test in Feb 2015. Now Fury is taking legal action against UKAD for damages and violating an agreement that UKAD made whereby they confirmed that no action would be taken back in September.

Not a great deal to go on, but something looks fishy with how UKAD handled this.
There's evidence to suggest you may have stabbed someone but because there was no evidence you stabbed anyone in the following seven weeks we'll just assume it's a mistake, shall we? Seems VERY professional!

You do have to apply a bit of common sense to things though. His completely clean record since and prior does raise reasonable questions. The most obvious one being why would a fighter choose to cheat against an opponent of moderate ability when he has not cheated before or since, when he has fought more dangerous opponents in that time frame. Seems at best an odd decision.
Not denying it does seem odd, but then Fury is unpredictable to say the least however, my gripe is with the casual attitude of the testers namely, saying "the sample is 'probably' contaminated"

It's attitudes like that which leave the door open for athletes to cheat and then imply a slapdash or slipshod approach from the testers rather than anything they've taken.

However, it doesn't explain Hughie's fail test. Seems a massive coincidence that two fighters from the same family and promotional stable should both fail a drugs test taken on the same day. Were they tested by the same person in the same lab on the same day immediately after one another? What are the odds of that happening?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by catchweight on Fri 05 Aug 2016, 12:46 pm

Yes it looks pretty shoddy from UKAD. Reading into it, it looks firstly that they weren’t confident in their own testing (looks like there might be a trace of nandroline in there, but the second sample was clean so might be our bad!) and secondly that they didn’t think it was worthy of further investigation at the time. So either they didn’t think it a genuine case for investigation, or they did think there was a case and chose to ignore it. Theres also a strong chance that the leak to the press came from within UKAD, and maybe the fact it was leaked is why they feel they have to pursue it again as it looks pretty bad that a drug testing organisation claim they found traces of a banned subjected but decided to let it slide at the time. Could also be that Furys mouth and antics have p1ssed a few people off in there, and now they want to get him.

catchweight

Posts : 4305
Join date : 2013-09-18

Back to top Go down

What is going on with Tyson Fury? Empty Re: What is going on with Tyson Fury?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum