The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cincinnati Masters

+12
sportslover
Danny_1982
CaledonianCraig
lydian
summerblues
banbrotam
Guest82
dummy_half
sirfredperry
Born Slippy
Henman Bill
YvonneT
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Cincinnati Masters - Page 3 Empty Cincinnati Masters

Post by YvonneT Wed 17 Aug 2016, 2:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

Men's draw: http://www.protennislive.com/posting/2016/422/mds.pdf

Interesting to see how far Murray and Nadal can progress after their exertions in Rio last week. Murray looked to have a difficult opener in Karlovic but Ivo has also had a busy schedule in the US hard court season and is one game from an exit against Monaco.

Could this be the time for a new Masters winner? Can someone like Raonic or Kyrios take advantage? Or even Monfils?!

Women's draw: http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-Archive/posting/2016/1017/MDS.pdf

For the first time in a long time, the number one is in play in this tournament. Serena is out with a shoulder issue (after not entering initially to stay longer in Rio, then taking a wildcard last minute) and Kerber needs to win the title to overtake her.

YvonneT

Back to top Go down

Cincinnati Masters - Page 3 Empty Re: Cincinnati Masters

Post by Guest82 Fri 26 Aug 2016, 2:23 pm

Born Slippy wrote:The final wasn't a big match for Andy though. It was his 19th Masters final and he's won 12 of them. For him, it was a relatively minor match. The whole tournament was just to get some practice on similar courts to the US Open. He was awful for most of the tournament and played relatively poorly in the final. Absolutely no chance he bottled it.

Of course it was a big match for him. No doubt he's played in bigger, but it is the final of a masters - a big match for anyone.

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Fri 26 Aug 2016, 2:56 pm

I can't decided which is the biggest wind up Jerry or Guest82  picard

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Fri 26 Aug 2016, 4:15 pm

No wind up. I started off as sticking up for Jermaine's right to post about Murray being a bottler (even though I don't agree).

But I do feel there are individual matches that can be lost for a variety of reasons, including bottling.

Also, I do feel that the final of a masters is a big match. Obviously not the biggest Murray has played in, but still a big match.

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 26 Aug 2016, 4:44 pm

So did Federer bottle his semi V Raonic at Wimbledon? Did Becker bottle the Wimbledon finals he list? Did Djokovic bottle his match V Querrey etc yawn etc yawn etc.

I prefer the more accurate phraseology that they were all beaten by the better player on the day.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Fri 26 Aug 2016, 5:03 pm

Guest82 wrote:No wind up. I started off as sticking up for Jermaine's right to post about Murray being a bottler (even though I don't agree).

But I do feel there are individual matches that can be lost for a variety of reasons, including bottling.  

Also, I do feel that the final of a masters is a big match.   Obviously not the biggest Murray has played in, but still a big match.

But Jermaine's a serial WUM, who just writes disrespectful comments about Murray ALL the time. They're one of the reasons why these boards have lost so many posters

It's staggeringly naive that, surely knowing this, you then defend a ridiculous comment of his - just in the name of free speech

I come on these boards for an interesting intelligent debate about Tennis, some angle on a player / match etc, that I hadn't thought of

Not to have Gerry's abuse , sanctioned

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Fri 26 Aug 2016, 6:21 pm

I'm not particularly aware of his work, I just don't think what he posts is particularly offensive. Although not particularly constructive either.

Of course there may be some past history I'm not aware of...?

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3