The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aviva Premiership - Round 1

+23
Cyril
stub
EST
sad_gimp
Heaf
nathan
B91212
No 7&1/2
WELL-PAST-IT
Forward Pass
international198
TheMildlyFranticLlama
Cumbrian
Ozzy3213
beshocked
yappysnap
Welly
Geordie
formerly known as Sam
HongKongCherry
doctor_grey
propdavid_london
LondonTiger
27 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Aviva Premiership - Round 1 Empty Aviva Premiership - Round 1

Post by LondonTiger Tue 30 Aug - 21:05

Fri 2nd Sep 16

19:45 Gloucester Rugby v  Leicester Tigers  BT Sport

The premiership season starts down at Castle Grim. Gloucester have promised more than they have delivered over the last few seasons, with the pack often failing to perform. This season DoR Humphreys has looked to the SH to address this, bringing in an entire front row from Super Rugby. Gloucester have been slow starters in recent seasons as newcomers take time to assimilate. They will need old hands like Greig Laidlaw on top form to ensure they can start the season with some good results.
Leicester will arrive expecting to play a high tempo offloading game and looking to run the legs off teams. This game plan was introduced last season by Aaron Mauger and was a hit with fans. The team will hope that increased familiarity will reduce the error count that bedevilled the club in the key knockout games last season. A lot of power has been lost in the back row with 3 number 8s leaving the club, but the front 5 looked very strong in pre-season.

20:00 Newcastle Falcons  v   Sale Sharks

It is always hard to ascertain how teams will go at the start of a new season. That is especially true for visitors Sale. They have tended to alternate between over-achieving and under-achieving seasons. Steve Diamond looks to have been pretty canny in his recruitment, but so much will depend on how McGinty goes and if Mike Phillips still has the legs for top flight rugby. The effect of increased revenue following the recent takeover will be unlikely to be seen this season.
Falcons have not finished above 11th in the AP since finishing 9th in 2009/10, and their recruitment has been largely of the "value for money" sort. There has been a massive clear out of players this summer, though despite the international status of many of them most will not be missed. Looking at the players available, and how the team have performed in the past it is hard to see beyond another season in the relegation zone.
I suspect Sale to be too strong for a plucky Falcon's team.

Sat 3rd Sep 16

14:00 Saracens   v   Worcester Warriors   BT Sport

The Twickenham double header starts with the champions (of England and Europe) hosting a Warriors side that again will have minimal EQP representation. Worcester will be physical and look to hit teams on the counter-attack, Saracens will do the same only better. Could be an exciting match but an easy win for Sarries you would expect.

15:30 Northampton Saints   v   Bath Rugby

Both these sides had quite small squads last season, which at times did affect them. Just a small number of changes to the Saints squad this season with a lot of faith (and cash) being thrown the way of Louis Picamoles. He will have to hit the ground running if Saints are to fight their way back into the top 4.
Bath have seen a lot of players leave and look desperately short of midfield backs. With the arrival of players like Charteris and Faletau, the pack shoudl be stronger than last season but it will take time for new coach Blackadder to both stamp his mark and get the players he needs in. They will be buoyed by 3 wins out of 3 in pre-season (all away from home) including last week over Leinster.
Saints to grind out the win.

16:30 Harlequins   v   Bristol Rugby  BT Sport

A new era for Quins in the coaching department, but minimal changes in the playing roster. With Evans yet another season older, they will want Jackson to find form quickly. He showed flashes of excellence last season for Wasps, more of that and Quins could be pushing for a Top 6 placing. Any better than that will require a herculean effort from their England men, and for some of the younger players to really step forward and deliver on youthful promise.
Who knows what to expect from Bristol. they have recruited heavily and will look to be taking early scalps to settle their own nerves. They may surprise Quins.

Sun 4th Sep 16

15:00 Wasps  v   Exeter Chiefs  BT Sport

These teams met at the knock out stages in both major competitions last season, with each team securing a win. Exeter have allowed largely fringe players to leave, and brought in a small number of probable starters. they will be stronger than last season. Wasps however have splashed big money, and are now the leagues money bags. Recruitment seems to have been centred on the back line however, where they could easily field two very strong line-ups. They could struggle up front though - with grizzled old heads like George Smith, Bradley Davies and the italian pairing of Cittadini and Festuccia likely to be missed. Add in the injury issues for Haskell and opposition will be looking to deny their backs any food ball by taking them on up front.
Exeter will probably be too organised for a Wasps team that may well go on to win the title.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Aviva Premiership - Round 1 Empty Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 1

Post by propdavid_london Tue 30 Aug - 22:30

Nice review LT. I think generally you have hit most of the games on the head.
I do hope that the Quins-Bristol game isn't that close! Could do some psychological damage to a fragile Quins squad from last season if its a close run affair.

I am hoping that the influence of Rowntree will harden up our pack and give the backs some decent ball to run off - and hopefully have worked a lot more on handling skills!

Bristol, like all newly promoted sides will be a pretty unknown team.

A bit early making playoff predictions before the 1st game but I suspect we will be looking at - Wasps, Chiefs, Tigers and Sarries in the playoffs again.
Saints-Quins-Sale to fight it out for top 6 qualification.

Worcester may be a bit of an unknown too - with a loss of direction after Ryan's exit and not a lot (that I know) about their players.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Tue 30 Aug - 22:42

Nice summary - always look forward to you summaries and analysis.  I agree it is difficult to evaluate teams in game 1 and my predictions are never terribly accurate.  But let's take a shot.

Gloucester Rugby v  Leicester Tigers - should be fun.  I would not give Gloucester much of a shot if Leicester opened at home.  But out west I think it should be close.  I suppose Leicester to win a close one, simply because they are Leicester.  Leicester by 5.

Newcastle Falcons  v   Sale Sharks - Very hard to know how these teams could go.  Final score could easily be 0-0 or 40-40.  I have no idea, so will go with Newcastle on their plastic turf.  Newcastle by 3.

Saracens   v   Worcester Warriors - OK, some matches are difficult to call, but some are not.  This one is not.  Saracens on their plastic turf by 10.

Northampton Saints   v   Bath Rugby - Home cooking, baby.  I have no idea how Bath will play.  There is frequently an initial energy from a new high profile coach and I think they will start fast.  But I think Saints will take the first punches then grind 'em down.  Saints by 14.

Harlequins   v   Bristol Rugby - I think Harlequins might be drifting a little as a team.  No idea how Bristol will go this season.  Quins at home are not going to lose (famous last words).  Quins by 3.

Wasps  v   Exeter Chiefs - Should be the best game of the weekend.  I agree Wasps are not quite settled and may take a few weeks to hit their stride.  Baxter is a very good coach and will have Exe ready to roll.  Hoping the match lives up to the expectation.  Exe by 7.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Tue 30 Aug - 23:47

I shall use this opportunity to plug the SuperBru league to get everyone predicting there too! https://www.606v2.com/t63884-superbru-jeff-pool

The LDH should very much go the way of the London sides and I'd expect both to win by a margin of 20+.

Falcons v Sale is likely to be a highly attritional, forward based game. Sale have been badly let down by Kruger pulling out of his transfer and they've not replaced him to the same standard. I think this will be just enough to see Falcons sneak this, but I'd expect Sale to be challenging for top 6 come the end of the season.

Saints should have too much for a Bath side lacking midfield options and more importantly won't have had sufficient time to settle under new management. I can see Saints by 10 for this.

Wasps v Chiefs will undoubtedly be the game of the weekend and could go either way. Chiefs are probably more of a settled side, however, a raft of new players didn't seem to negatively effect Wasps last year. I'm going for a draw!

Finally, Glaws v Tigers. Oh, how I would love this to be the year we finally come good, however, we're already facing a injury crisis at lock with Thrush, Savage and Denton injured, leaving just Galarza as the only fit lock with Jeff experience. Even our other back-up Kalamafoni is injured. Glaws will be lifted by a raucous Castle Grim, but Tigers are just a very street-wise team and sadly I can see them sneaking this by the odd point. Here's to another 8 months of false hope and unrequited love broken
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 31 Aug - 0:44

First season in a while where I couldn't guess the forwards in the 23. Cilliers doesn't look likely to be involved a d neither does Mulipola which makes the props easy and I'm sure the backrow will include both BOC and McCaffery but with three quality locks and three more quality back row options (one of which can play second row as well) things become more interesting. As does who will be the reserve hooker.

I just hope Burns is fit otherwise we could be totally stuffed as Glaws aren't that bad we can beat them either without a 10 or with an academy player there.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 31 Aug - 1:19

LondonTiger wrote:
20:00 Newcastle Falcons  v   Sale Sharks

It is always hard to ascertain how teams will go at the start of a new season. That is especially true for visitors Sale. They have tended to alternate between over-achieving and under-achieving seasons. Steve Diamond looks to have been pretty canny in his recruitment, but so much will depend on how McGinty goes and if Mike Phillips still has the legs for top flight rugby. The effect of increased revenue following the recent takeover will be unlikely to be seen this season.
Falcons have not finished above 11th in the AP since finishing 9th in 2009/10, and their recruitment has been largely of the "value for money" sort. There has been a massive clear out of players this summer, though despite the international status of many of them most will not be missed. Looking at the players available, and how the team have performed in the past it is hard to see beyond another season in the relegation zone.
I suspect Sale to be too strong for a plucky Falcon's team.

Aw LT, you didn't...Plucky.....Plucky???

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 31 Aug - 1:22

Sorry Aviva Premiership - Round 1 3559488474

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 31 Aug - 1:28

Ive been monitoring a few of the forums and ive never seen it so clear cut by the masses that the Falcons are certainties for relegation. Worcester fans on mass seem to think so aswell...they think they're far superior to us and we deserve to go down.

I genuinely think we'll surprise a few this season. It'll be the good, the bad and the ugly...but I think we'll give a few sides a good thumping.....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Wed 31 Aug - 1:38

Wuss for me is favourites IMO.

Falcons have recruited well IMHO, and will still have continuity from last season, they have got a team that is aimed to keep them up.

Wuss will be without Potgieter and Hougaard till around November.
Both teams are struggling @ 10 but i would have more faith in Falcons 10's TBH.

Honestly i look at both squads and coaches available and i reckon Falcons will be 10th this year.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 31 Aug - 1:52

That's where ive said I want to be Welly....10th. With another couple of wins against the bigger sides!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 31 Aug - 1:54

A lot depends on how Bristol settle, but there is a reason that Falcons have not been above 11th since 09/10. I would like them to get a decent start to the season so they can play without that fear nagging in their bellies - but the pragmatist says it will be another struggle for survival.

I would not like to try and predict who will come bottom - but do feel it will be between Brizzle, Wuss and Falcons.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 31 Aug - 2:02

It will be out of us 3 LT, I think that's quite straight forward...unless the likes of Glos continue to decline (though I cant see that).

A nice victory against Sale on Friday night would start it off nicely! I suspect it'll be the same side that beat Edinburgh on Friday night:

We played some not great stuff...mixed with some cracking stuff. And the pack has more of a physical edge to it with some of the signings.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Wed 31 Aug - 2:05

Slightly nervous about this game, quins limped out of the last season to some of the worst performances I've seen. I hope we've put that behind us now and are ready to smash Bristol while they try to get used to the step up in leagues.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 31 Aug - 2:09

Yes...give Bristol a good hiding please! Very Happy

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Wed 31 Aug - 2:57

LondonTiger wrote:A lot depends on how Bristol settle, but there is a reason that Falcons have not been above 11th since 09/10. I would like them to get a decent start to the season so they can play without that fear nagging in their bellies - but the pragmatist says it will be another struggle for survival.

I would not like to try and predict who will come bottom - but do feel it will be between Brizzle, Wuss and Falcons.
I agree. I thought Newcastle played pretty well a few seasons ago when London Welsh protected the rest of the Premiership from relegation. This short discussion seems to touch on the pros and cons of relegation. It is hard for teams to play to win when the price of losing is catastrophic.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Wed 31 Aug - 3:19

Leicester by 5

Sale by 3

Sarries by 25

Saints by 5

Quins by 17

Exeter by 3

I think the biggest result will be Exeter sneaking an away win at Wasps.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 31 Aug - 5:25

Tigers
Falcons
Sarries
Bath
Quins
Chiefs
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Wed 31 Aug - 5:40

Just a quick point of order: If the London Double Header is one of the signature events on the Rugby calendar, why bring in Worcester to be cannon fodder for Saracens? We couldn't open the season with a repeat of the Final from last year and have Exeter instead of Worcester? Seems almost a waste.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Wed 31 Aug - 18:59

As a Falcons fan I am optimistic about getting our first opening weekend win since 2007. There has been a big squad overhaul at Sale. I think home advantage may give us the advantage we need to take the win.

Falcons by 3

Gloucester by 3

Saracens by a lot (at least 20)

Northampton by 8

Harlequins by 6

Exeter by 3
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Thu 1 Sep - 22:06

The Glaws team is:

Marshall, Sharples, Scott, 36, Purdy, Burns, Laidlaw; Y.Thomas, Hibbard, Afoa, Savage, Galarza, Moriarty, Kvesic, Morgan

with subs: Dawiduik, McCallister, PDJ, Latta, Rowan, Evans, Heinz, Hook
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 1 Sep - 22:08

Leicester Tigers (v Gloucester Rugby, away, Friday September 2, 7.45pm)
15 Mathew Tait
14 Telusa Veainu
13 Peter Betham
12 Manusamoa Tuilagi
11 JP Pietersen
10 Freddie Burns
9 Sam Harrison
1 Marcos Ayerza
2 Tom Youngs (c)
3 Greg Bateman
4 Ed Slater
5 Dom Barrow
6 Luke Hamilton
7 Brendon O'Connor
8 Lachlan McCaffrey

Replacements
16 George McGuigan
17 Ellis Genge
18 Dan Cole
19 Graham Kitchener
20 Will Evans
21 Ben Youngs
22 Matt Smith
23 Adam Thompstone

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 1 Sep - 22:09

Freddie v Billy will be fun.

Looks a strong pack you have there HKC - though they have flattered to deceive before.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 1 Sep - 22:11

Newcastle Falcons team to face Sale Sharks (Friday, 8pm, Kingston Park Stadium)

15 Simon Hammersley
14 Vereniki Goneva
13 Chris Harris
12 Juan Pablo Socino
11 Sinoti Sinoti
10 Mike Delany
9 Sonatane Takulua
1 Jon Welsh
2 Scott Lawson
3 Taione Vea
4 Calum Green
5 Will Witty
6 Evan Olmstead
7 Will Welch (captain)
8 Mark Wilson

Replacements

16 Ben Sowrey
17 Alex Rogers
18 Sam Lockwood
19 Opeti Fonua
20 Callum Chick
21 Sam Egerton
22 Joel Hodgson
23 Dominic Waldouck

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 1 Sep - 22:12

Strong looking Tigers side. Strong pack and attacking backs (with size and skill)

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 1 Sep - 22:13

Sale Sharks:

15. Byron McGuigan, 14. Will Addison, 13. Sam James, 12. Johnny Leota, 11. Nev Edwards, 10. AJ MacGinty, 9. Mike Phillips, 1. Eifion Lewis-Roberts, 2. Rob Webber, 3. Halani Aulika, 4. Bryn Evans, 5. Andrei Ostrikov, 6. Josh Beaumont (c), 7. TJ Ioane, 8. Laurence Pearce

Replacements: 16. Neil Briggs, 17. James Flynn, 18. Kieran Longbottom, 19. Jonathan Mills, 20. Magnus Lund, 21. David Seymour, 22. James Mitchell, 23. Dan Mugford

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 1 Sep - 22:14

That's the falcons team I expected with the exception I thought Egerton would start at 9. But Takulua is a very good 9.... they're all better than flippin Youngs.

Im looking for a win tomorrow night!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 1 Sep - 22:15

Glaws and Sale opt for 6/2 splits on the bench

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Thu 1 Sep - 22:15

The battle of Burns could be quite good fun; whilst they have played against each other before, I think Billy was at FB, so this could be interesting.

Our pack always looks good on paper, but is definitely less than the sum of the parts! We're obviously expecting a forward battle with a 6-2 split on the bench.

I was vaguely confident until I saw your side, it looks excellent and the subs bench is particularly strong. We've only won 1 out of the last 6 opening fixtures and I think it's going to be a tall order to make that 2.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 1 Sep - 22:15

GeordieFalcon wrote:That's the falcons team I expected with the exception I thought Egerton would start at 9. But Takulua is a very good 9.... they're all better than flippin Youngs.

Im looking for a win tomorrow night!  

Youngs or Young?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 1 Sep - 22:19

Both of them... Wink

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Thu 1 Sep - 22:36

Matt Scott (12) at 13 picard

Gloucester going full Solomons on us

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Thu 1 Sep - 22:48

If I were a Tigers fan I'd be very disappointed that after the truly shocking behaviour of some of their players in a fast food restaurant, the club hasn't taken action and suspended them for 1 match... Whistle Run
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu 1 Sep - 23:03

HongKongCherry wrote:If I were a Tigers fan I'd be very disappointed that after the truly shocking behaviour of some of their players in a fast food restaurant, the club hasn't taken action and suspended them for 1 match... Whistle Run
I would be disappointed, too. After all, who wants their players going to McDonald's?

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Thu 1 Sep - 23:07

Glous to win by 20

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 1 Sep - 23:40

Yeah you're right, it's a 20 point win for them at the very least. With no cover for 10 on the bench Tigers will be forced to play Dan Cole at FH when Sam and Freddie come off injured in the 2nd minute. Ever the underdogs.

Initially I was going for a Gloucester win but I'm feeling optimistic, so I'm going for Tigers by 9. Unfortunately I'm almost always wrong, so you're welcome HKC.

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 2 Sep - 1:50

I can't remember us ever dominating a game at Gloucester so I can see this one being close both on the scoreboard and on the pitch. Hopefully JPP can make a better impact this week than his debut where he lasted less than five mins before being sin binned

Still unsure of Bateman (primarily a hooker) at tighthead. Luckily he's only up against Yann Thomas.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 2 Sep - 2:03

Thanks Fuzzy, however, according to my wife I'm never right, so on that basis I think it'll end up a 0-0 draw Hug
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by international198 Fri 2 Sep - 2:13

Hopefully Gavin Henson will be selected for Bristol and he'll be able to show the world what he's capable of before he is forced to retire due to old age.

international198

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 2 Sep - 2:19

HongKongCherry wrote:Thanks Fuzzy, however, according to my wife I'm never right, so on that basis I think it'll end up a 0-0 draw Hug
Are we married to the same woman? Or merely clones?????

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 2 Sep - 2:30

doctor_grey wrote:
HongKongCherry wrote:Thanks Fuzzy, however, according to my wife I'm never right, so on that basis I think it'll end up a 0-0 draw Hug
Are we married to the same woman?  Or merely clones?????

For the sake of humanity I hope my wife is not cloned...

(P.S. this will be my last post)
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 2 Sep - 7:24

HongKongCherry wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:

For the sake of humanity I hope my wife is not cloned...

(P.S. this will be my last post)
[img]Aviva Premiership - Round 1 Death-mariticide-husband-wife-murder-murderer-aevn883_low[/img]

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 2 Sep - 20:15

doctor_grey wrote:Just a quick point of order:  If the London Double Header is one of the signature events on the Rugby calendar, why bring in Worcester to be cannon fodder for Saracens?  We couldn't open the season with a repeat of the Final from last year and have Exeter instead of Worcester?  Seems almost a waste.

Because it's a money making crap heap that most fans (and clubs) don't want to be part of but some of us are stuck with unfortunately. Quins fans would much rather we were at the Stoop then having to provide the bulk of the supporters at Twickenham with a few thousand neutrals and all of Sarries dozen fans.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Fri 2 Sep - 21:15

Ha - that is so true Yappy.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 2 Sep - 21:16

doctor_grey wrote:

I married Miss Right. Just never realised he first name was Always.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 2 Sep - 22:08

Saracens:

Mako, George, du Plessis, Itoje, Kruis, Wray, Burger, BillyV, Wigglesworth, Lozowski, Maitland, Barritt, Bosch, Ashton, Goode

Brits, Barrington, Figallo, Hamilton, Rhodes, Spencer, Taylor, Ellery

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 2 Sep - 22:08

Worcester:

15 Jackson Willison
14 Dean Hammond
13 Wynand Olivier
12 Ben Te'o
11 Cooper Vuna
10 Ryan Lamb
9 Jonny Arr
1 Val Rapava Ruskin
2 Niall Annett
3 Nick Schonert
4 Tevita Cavubati
5 Darren Barry
6 Phil Dowson
7 Marco Mama
8 GJ van Velze (C)

Replacements
16 Jaba Bregvadze
17 Na'ama Leleimalefaga
18 James Johnston
19 Christian Scotland-Williamson
20 Alafoti Faosiliva
21 Luke Baldwin
22 Tom Heathcote
23 Perry Humphreys

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 2 Sep - 22:10

NORTHAMPTON SAINTS TEAM TO PLAY BATH

15 Ben Foden
14 Ken Pisi
13 George Pisi
12 Luther Burrell
11 Ahsee Tuala
10 Harry Mallinder
9 Lee Dickson
1 Alex Waller
2 Dylan Hartley
3 Kieran Brookes
4 Courtney Lawes
5 Michael Paterson
6 Tom Wood (capt)
7 Jamie Gibson
8 Louis Picamoles

16 Charlie Clare
17 Campese Ma’afu
18 Paul Hill
19 Sam Dickinson
20 Teimana Harrison
21 Nic Groom
22 Stephen Myler
23 George North

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 2 Sep - 22:11

Bath Rugby team to face Northampton Saints

15 Tom Homer
14 Semesa Rokoduguni
13 Jonathan Joseph
12 Max Clark
11 Matt Banahan
10 George Ford
9 Kahn Fotuali’i
1 Nathan Catt
2 Ross Batty
3 Henry Thomas
4 Charlie Ewels
5 Dave Attwood
6 Matt Garvey (c)
7 David Denton
8 Taulupe Faletau

Replacements

16 Tom Dunn
17 Nick Auterac
18 Kane Palma-Newport
19 David Sisi
20 Tom Ellis
21 Chris Cook
22 Rhys Priestland
23 Jeff Williams

(over sized back row)

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 2 Sep - 22:12

Harlequins team

15. Ross Chisholm
14. Marland Yarde
13. Joe Marchant
12. Jamie Roberts
11. Tim Visser
10. Nick Evans
9. Danny Care (c)

1. Joe Marler
2. Rob Buchanan
3. Kyle Sinckler
4. Sam Twomey
5. James Horwill
6. Chris Robshaw
7. Luke Wallace
8. Jack Clifford

Replacements
16. Dave Ward
17. Owen Evans
18. Will Collier
19. George Merrick
20. Mat Luamanu
21. Karl Dickson
22. Ruaridh Jackson
23. Alofa Alofa

Bristol Rugby team

15. Jack Wallace
14. Ryan Edwards
13. Will Hurrell
12. Gavin Henson
11. Tom Varndell
10. Tusi Pisi
9. Will Cliff

1. Soane Tonga’uiha
2. Ross McMillan
3. Gaston Cortes
4. James Phillips
5. Ben Glynn
6. Jon Fisher
7. Jack Lam (c)
8. Jordan Crane

Replacements
16. Chris Brooker
17. Kyle Traynor
18. Anthony Perenise
19. Joe Joyce
20. Olly Robinson
21. Mitch Eadie
22. Rhodri Williams
23. Ben Mosses

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 2 Sep - 22:14

Wasps team for Exeter Chiefs

15. Rob Miller
14. Christian Wade
13. Elliot Daly
12. Jimmy Gopperth
11. Josh Bassett
10. Danny Cipriani
9. Dan Robson

1. Matt Mullan
2. Tommy Taylor
3. Phil Swainston
4. Joe Launchbury ©
5. James Gaskell
6. Sam Jones
7. Guy Thompson
8. Nathan Hughes

Replacements

16. Ashley Johnson
17. Simon McIntyre
18. Marty Moore
19. Matt Symons
20.Alex Rieder
21. Joe Simpson
22.Brendan Macken
23. Frank Halai

Unavailable for selection through injury:

Forwards – Jake Cooper-Woolley, James Haskell, Kearnan Myall, Thomas Young
Backs – Guy Armitage, Kurtley Beale, Kyle Eastmond, Alapati Leiua

Willie Le Roux – to arrive February from Cannon Eagles, Japan.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next