The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lack of Passion

5 posters

Go down

Lack of Passion Empty Lack of Passion

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 05 Jun 2011, 3:56 pm

That's how I see it when Federer is playing with Nadal. He goes into his shell against the Spaniard more than he does with any other player.

Annacone won't change that, I can't believe anyone thought this would have been a classic...

Only Djokovic v Nadal would have provided that, no way does Nadal get so many gifts like he does from Federer...
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Lack of Passion Empty Re: Lack of Passion

Post by socal1976 Sun 05 Jun 2011, 4:03 pm

Josiah, Rafa is a very tough matchup on clay for the single handed backhand. the high backhand is a hardshot for the single hander. But much easier for the two handed backhand. The one hander handles the low ball and the ball on the move better, but Nadal is the one guy with his whipping super topspin backhand that gets the ball so high and hard up on the one hander that it just becomes very difficult. Technically on a clay court Roger is at a disadvantage, in terms of passion Roger has never been a volcanic type tennis player.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 05 Jun 2011, 4:06 pm

He has bent over backwards for Nadal as I knew he would after losing from 5-2 up.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 05 Jun 2011, 4:12 pm

Well we disagree, Rafa is just the greatest clay courter ever and Rog is at a techincal disadvantage.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 05 Jun 2011, 4:22 pm

Spot on socal. Rafa is the 'King Of Clay' as I pointed out when Andy played him in the semi and sometimes you have to hold your hands up and say:'Too good' (on this surface of course I mean).
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 05 Jun 2011, 4:25 pm

yes caledonian, right now we are watching why the one hander is dying. The heavy spin of the modern game is too much even for a very good one hander like Fed has. Its been the same story for years and it has nothing to do with passion.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sun 05 Jun 2011, 4:45 pm

You have to understand that emotion is not a driver of Federer's game. If Nadal was facing a McEnroe it would be different as McEnroe could use passion to pull him through.

Federer played so well in the first set and to me started to rush himself and not play at his own pace.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Sun 05 Jun 2011, 5:03 pm

legendkillar wrote:You have to understand that emotion is not a driver of Federer's game. If Nadal was facing a McEnroe it would be different as McEnroe could use passion to pull him through.

Federer played so well in the first set and to me started to rush himself and not play at his own pace.

That is due to the amazing defensive prowess of Nadal. It's a credit to Rafa that he forces Roger to go for outright winners, thus resulting in errors.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sun 05 Jun 2011, 5:34 pm

kemet wrote:
legendkillar wrote:You have to understand that emotion is not a driver of Federer's game. If Nadal was facing a McEnroe it would be different as McEnroe could use passion to pull him through.

That is due to the amazing defensive prowess of Nadal. It's a credit to Rafa that he forces Roger to go for outright winners, thus resulting in errors.

I think though this is where Federer needs to bring the slice in. Just to help him get better positioning on court during points.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down