The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elliott Saltman....back with a bang

+4
LondonJonnyO
George1507
super_realist
sejorge
8 posters

Go down

Elliott Saltman....back with a bang Empty Elliott Saltman....back with a bang

Post by sejorge Sun 05 Jun 2011, 5:08 pm

Hi all,

Following the demise of the old 606 i've made the switch.

Elliott Saltman, now back from his ban (discussion of which was more than amply covered on the old boards) finished a pretty creditable T12 at the Wales Open this week, more remarkable though is the fact that he made a hole in one on the 17th on Thursday AND Sunday...

In fact he finished eagle, eagle on Thursday to move from +6 to +2.

Say what you like about his previous transgressions but this is some pretty awesome golf...or was he just trying to avoid having to mark his ball?

sejorge

Back to top Go down

Elliott Saltman....back with a bang Empty Re: Elliott Saltman....back with a bang

Post by super_realist Sun 05 Jun 2011, 8:19 pm

I think like Shane Lowry's recent good form Saltman's caddy is probably holding a bacon roll out in front of him.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Elliott Saltman....back with a bang Empty Re: Elliott Saltman....back with a bang

Post by George1507 Sun 05 Jun 2011, 8:20 pm

Good for him. I hope he gets known for holing one twice on the same hole in the same competition rather than the negative stuff.

George1507

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun 05 Jun 2011, 8:30 pm

All the negative stuff he's brought on himself. In golf he'll never shake off the stigma of being a cheat. Even if he holed in one on all the par 3's.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Sun 05 Jun 2011, 8:35 pm

I still think he should be allowed to play golf... but only after we amputate his thumbs for cheating.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Sun 05 Jun 2011, 8:56 pm

you seem to have softened your stance LJ, no elephants

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Sun 05 Jun 2011, 9:00 pm

I am mellowing in my old age I think. Besides I reckon it could be funny watching him try to compete without opposable thumbs. Even those cats on that milk advert could take him then.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 06 Jun 2011, 11:59 am

Good for him. Hole-in-ones must have been a blast.

Hopefully he learned a lesson with his ban. Served his time so why not cut him some slack? He'll always be known for his cheating. Have to say I love this 'Holier than thou' attitude where golf is concerned, as if it's whiter-than-white. There are cheats all the time everywhere from artificially high handicaps, lie improvers and magic pencil users to people who replace a marked ball 1/2" nearer the hole. Given some of the people who are typical golfers, it's nonsensical to think that when they step on the course they're angelic Laugh.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by SetupDeterminesTheMotion Mon 06 Jun 2011, 1:50 pm

I think Saltman is working on the principal that if you ace the hole, you'll not need to mark the ball on the green. idea
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
SetupDeterminesTheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Mon 06 Jun 2011, 1:51 pm

SetupDeterminesTheMotion wrote:I think Saltman is working on the principal that if you ace the hole, you'll not need to mark the ball on the green. idea

Yeah but the chances are the scumbag tried to tee it up on the ladies or something.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon 06 Jun 2011, 2:42 pm

LondonJonnyO wrote:
SetupDeterminesTheMotion wrote:I think Saltman is working on the principal that if you ace the hole, you'll not need to mark the ball on the green. idea

Yeah but the chances are the scumbag tried to tee it up on the ladies or something.

Actually, after his hole-in-one he signed for a 0. 🤦

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down