The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 10 September

+23
GLove39
mikey_dragon
Pete330v2
A Simply Mesmeric Try
Golden
cakeordeath
TJ
asoreleftshoulder
profitius
NeilyBroon
Hazel Sapling
Manky-Flanker
IanBru
Senlac
brennomac
Kingshu
RDW
funnyExiledScot
jimbopip
Pot Hale
Notch
thebandwagonsociety
George Carlin
27 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 10 September - Page 2 Empty Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 10 September

Post by George Carlin Sun 04 Sep 2016, 7:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 10 September - Page 2 Glasgo10               Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 10 September - Page 2 Leinst10
Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby
Saturday 10 September 2016
KO: 15:00
Scotstoun Stadium

Live on Sky Sports

Referee: John Lacey (IRFU, 55th competition game)
Assistant Referees: Dan Jones (WRU), Dunx McClement (SRU)
Citing Commissioner: John Montgomery (SRU)
TMO: Gareth Simmonds (WRU)

Glasgow Warriors 
Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 10 September - Page 2 Tucker11
S Hogg, L Sarto, A Dunbar, S Johnson, T Seymour, P Horne, H Pyrgos (co-capt); G Reid, F Brown, S Puafisi, T Swinson, J Gray (co-capt), R Harley, S Favaro, R Wilson.

Replacements: C Flynn, A Allan, Z Fagerson, T Uanivi, L Wynne, A Price, R Clegg, L Jones.

Leinster Rugby
Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 10 September - Page 2 Conor-11
R Kearney, F McFadden, G Ringrose, N Reid, D Kearney, J Carbery, L McGrath (capt); C Healy, J Tracy, M Bent, M McCarthy, R Molony, D Leavy, J van der Flier, J Murphy.

Replacements: B Byrne, P Dooley, T Furlong, M Kearney, D Ryan, J Gibson Park, C Marsh, Z Kirchner.

Last edited by George Carlin on Sat 10 Sep 2016, 4:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 10 September - Page 2 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 10 September

Post by brennomac Sat 10 Sep 2016, 4:04 pm

Golden wrote:
A Simply Mesmeric Try wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:Where has this Leinster 10 appeared from??

Auckland, New Zealand

Maybe, but his rugby talents have more exotic roots than that having learnt his skills in the rugby stronghold that is athy....

Yeah born in NZ, came to ireland at age 12, so not a granny rule lad

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 10 September - Page 2 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 10 September

Post by cakeordeath Sat 10 Sep 2016, 4:04 pm

Glasgow second best at everything. No way,they will win this game.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 10 Sep 2016, 4:08 pm

Glasgow forcing things

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 10 Sep 2016, 4:09 pm

Munchkin wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:Why have all the Leinster players deyed their hair?

It's for McQuilkin, their Kiwi coach has had to return back to New Zealand due to family issue's. They raised money for him with a 'shave or dye' event.

A really nice gesture, and I'm glad it's not a new Irish fashion trend!

No, it isn't really tolerated. Sure look what happened to Madigan Very Happy

It is quite a lot to take in combined with the strips though!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 10 Sep 2016, 4:13 pm

Tommy Seymour really does get an incredible number of interceptions!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 10 Sep 2016, 4:16 pm

Seymour is on absolute red hot form at the start of this season!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Sat 10 Sep 2016, 4:20 pm

That'll be the Ulsterman in him Smile

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 10 Sep 2016, 4:21 pm

Pete330v2 wrote:That'll be the Ulsterman in him Smile
guinness
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 10 Sep 2016, 4:25 pm

Sounds like an epic game, it sucks to be stuck in work... I'm guessing Seymour is still in good form - great news with the Lions tour coming up. #ScottishRepresentation Wink

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Sat 10 Sep 2016, 4:36 pm

Tommy Seymour! kiss
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 10 Sep 2016, 4:37 pm

Incredible

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Sat 10 Sep 2016, 4:38 pm

This "bespoke" pitch allows for some fantastic running rugby. 8 tries and the game hasn't finished yet.
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 10 Sep 2016, 4:39 pm

I am watching a bad online feed and in the time it took to move from the scrum starting to the next 10 seconds of play, yerman from Nashville had scored again. Can't wait to see the highlights at real speed.

Looks like this 4G pitch is going to make for some cracking games. Just imagine what we'd have done with Matawalu and Nakarawa on it.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 10 Sep 2016, 4:44 pm

10 points from Leinster and Connacht - incredible!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sat 10 Sep 2016, 4:46 pm

Great game, great win for Glasgow. All we needed was Dan the man shouting Tommy Seymour, Tommmmy Seeeeemooour! Tommy seeeymoooooouuuurrr!

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sat 10 Sep 2016, 4:47 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Sounds like an epic game, it sucks to be stuck in work... I'm guessing Seymour is still in good form - great news with the Lions tour coming up. #ScottishRepresentation Wink

I bet Seymour does not even go on the lions tour let alone get a game no matter how many tries he scores. He doesn't play Gatlands way

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Sat 10 Sep 2016, 4:48 pm

I think we'll see more of Seymour in the future......

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Sat 10 Sep 2016, 4:50 pm

But hey, what a game. Two sides playing rugby that was a great advert for the Pro12.
Now to watch the Ulster match.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 10 Sep 2016, 5:03 pm

Delighted with that. Lots of players have stepped up - guys like Puafisi and Johnson whom I didn't necessarily really rate last season have started to look like very good quality purchases. And Alex Dunbar has gone for 2 games without being injured, which is nothing short of miraculous.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that Leinster will get the likes of Sexton and Sean O'Brien back. Ominous for the future, but we should enjoy the victory now.

Will watch the whole game if it's posted anywhere.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sat 10 Sep 2016, 5:06 pm

Decent shift for Tommy Scoremore Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 10 Sep 2016, 5:07 pm

Pete330v2 wrote:But hey, what a game. Two sides playing rugby that was a great advert for the Pro12.

Completely agree - the Pro 12 gets a lot of bad press but there's a hell of a lot good about it too. This game was fantastic and played at a very high level.

Shame that the same couldn't be said about the Edinburgh game last night...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 10 Sep 2016, 5:15 pm

According to Jim Neilly on BBC NI, Connacht have just beaten Leinster at Scotstoun.

Very generous of you lads to let them use your home ground.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 10 Sep 2016, 5:16 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:But hey, what a game. Two sides playing rugby that was a great advert for the Pro12.

Completely agree - the Pro 12 gets a lot of bad press but there's a hell of a lot good about it too. This game was fantastic and played at a very high level.

Although Edinburgh continue to be the red-headed stepchildren of the league, the Cardiff-Miunster game was of the highest quality. I can't remember so many good coaches working in the league at the same time. We're in for a cracking season.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sat 10 Sep 2016, 5:19 pm

Notch wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:

Although Edinburgh continue to be the red-headed stepchildren of the league, the Cardiff-Miunster game was of the highest quality. I can't remember so many good coaches working in the league at the same time. We're in for a cracking season.

MODS! MODS! You'd better do something about this shameful example of Everyday Gingerism... warning

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 10 Sep 2016, 5:20 pm

GLove39 wrote:
Notch wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:

MODS! MODS! You'd better do something about this shameful example of Everyday Gingerism...  warning

See I can say it because I'm ginger myself. Only a ginger can call another ginger ginger man.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sat 10 Sep 2016, 5:22 pm

Notch wrote:
GLove39 wrote:
Notch wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:

MODS! MODS! You'd better do something about this shameful example of Everyday Gingerism...  warning

See I can say it because I'm ginger myself!

Hug

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 10 Sep 2016, 5:24 pm

Peace and equality brother.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 10 Sep 2016, 5:26 pm

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 10 September - Page 2 Ginger10
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sat 10 Sep 2016, 5:29 pm

George Carlin wrote:Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 10 September - Page 2 Ginger10

Sad

I'll tell Rob Harley on you

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Sat 10 Sep 2016, 5:38 pm

Tommy Seymour enjoyed his all-you-can-eat at the Toby Carvery...

Sorry.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sat 10 Sep 2016, 5:42 pm

IanBru wrote:Tommy Seymour enjoyed his all-you-can-eat at the Toby Carvery...

Sorry.

clap clap clap

Made a similar joke at home & got several cushions thrown at me

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 10 Sep 2016, 5:49 pm

Swapped Seymour into my fantasy team for Piutau who's injured this week.

Just checked- didn't save the transfer. Absolutely spitting. Raging. Cannot believe it.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 10 Sep 2016, 6:09 pm

TJ wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Sounds like an epic game, it sucks to be stuck in work... I'm guessing Seymour is still in good form - great news with the Lions tour coming up. #ScottishRepresentation Wink

I bet Seymour does not even go on the lions tour let alone get a game no matter how many tries he scores.  He doesn't play Gatlands way

I hope for everyone's sake that doesn't turn out to be true. It would be hard even for stubborn guts to ignore Seymour in this form.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sat 10 Sep 2016, 6:22 pm

A mention for Lacey? Not a single controversial decision? I thought he was a bit lenient at the breakdown - the ref from Edinburghs game would have given a lot more pens for holding on but he was consistent and missed nothing much.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Sun 11 Sep 2016, 10:22 am

Well shows you what I know. Leinster looking like they are getting their act together. I predict a top 2 finish for them. Their 10 looks like a great player. The one surprise for me our (Glasgow) scrum. Are we actually developing into a decent scrimmaging team.

Lacey had a good game by his standards.. He was consistent, didn't have san obvious howlers and his mistakes balanced out. I thought he managed the breakdown well. If the ref who done the Edinburgh game had been in charge it would have been 7 a side.

Pitch looks great.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 11 Sep 2016, 10:48 am

cakeordeath wrote:If the ref who done the Edinburgh game had been in charge it would have been 7 a side.

I agree to an extent but these were 2 teams looking to play positive rugby in good conditions, so whatever the ref it probably would have been a good game.

Edinburgh v Scarlets could have had Nigel Owens as ref and it still would have been turgid!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 11 Sep 2016, 11:57 am

RDW_Scotland wrote: agree to an extent but these were 2 teams looking to play positive rugby in good conditions, so whatever the ref it probably would have been a good game.

Thats been my experience of every game I've watched so far this season. Ulster have had a relatively 'soft' start to the season playing Treviso and Dragons but even those two bottom-half teams are looking to play with a lot of tempo and with ball in hand. I am yet to see Edinburgh play this season, but based on what I've heard about them they are probably the only team in the league who are not playing quite a fast, open game. Them and Munster, who are playing to their strengths in the pack and in the air but even Munster realise that you have to get the ball through the phases really quickly if you want to do anything in this league. I believe the Pro12 may well turn out to be a very compelling league to watch with a lot of very positive, attacking rugby played. The order of the Top 4 going to be decided by TBPs in my opinion. It's going to be very close.

Based on what I saw of of Treviso yesterday, Edinburgh would want to watch their back. Could finish as low as 11th. Treviso could crack Top 10, Top 8. They have improved immeasurably. This is going to be a cracking season with battles all through the table. Already I'm worried for Connacht- to get a top two finish you can't afford to drop more than 4 or 5 games all season and they've just been comfortably beaten by two of their playoff rivals. A good start is essential- this could be a case of the Men of the Wesht coming back to earth with a serious bump.

And finally Glasgow were given a really tough start to the season- playing against both of last years finalists. Were they worried? Not a bother on them. 10 points, top of the league. Already looking like favourites for the title. Can't wait to see Ulster pip them to the post against the odds Wink
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Sun 11 Sep 2016, 12:52 pm

Unhappy we  didn't get the LBP but encouraged by a lot of the things we did in the match.Carberry has had a strong start to the season so lets hope he kicks on.Our attack looked much better and far less predictable than last year and we were missing maybe 8 of our starting team for that match.

The defense was pretty strong overall although it got weaker as the game went on and legs grew tired,2 of the tries were due to our own mistakes and Glasgow will score tries against everyone on that pitch.

There is a lot to improve on but it does look like we're improving which is all you can really ask for.Oh yeah Cian Healy also looks like he might be returning to the player he was in 2013.If we get him back near that level we'll be a difficult team to defend against.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 11 Sep 2016, 2:27 pm

Out of curiosity, who were Leinster missing? Seems like they put a good team out with a few regulars available. Given the chat last year I thought McGrath is ahead of Boss, and Ringrose now a starter.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Sun 11 Sep 2016, 3:12 pm

1.McGrath 2. Strauss/Cronin 3. Ross
        4. Toner
6. Ruddock              7. O'Brien
             8. Heaslip

10. Sexton
                      12/13. Henshaw

Those would be the starters we were missing although if Healy continues on the form he's shown so far he'll get the no.1 shirt back imo.Boss has left so Mcgrath and Gibson-Park are fighting it out for the 9 shirt.

Last edited by asoreleftshoulder on Sun 11 Sep 2016, 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 11 Sep 2016, 3:22 pm

Oh I see. Yep those are definitely some good players to come back in, but I remember a time when Leinster could stull turn over most teams without those players. It's been a good opening two weeks so it will be interesting to see how Leinster do when those guys come back in.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Sun 11 Sep 2016, 3:31 pm

Oh yeah those days were great but we're not at that level anymore unfortunately.I'd also say that Glasgow aren't "most teams",they're a really good side and I hope they finally show it in Europe this year.

The other players will improve the side although our weak points are in the backs so they won't improve it that much,the main thing that will improve is our impact off the bench.We faded in the last 20 of this game so a stronger bench could make a huge difference.Our attack looks far better than last year too so hopefully whatever we've changed will click a bit more as the season goes on.

I edited the last post to put in Henshaw,don't know why I had Ringrose there.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 11 Sep 2016, 3:42 pm

Definitely agree about Glasgow, it's about time they showed it in Europe but they always seem to struggle, I find that strange.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 11 Sep 2016, 3:55 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Definitely agree about Glasgow, it's about time they showed it in Europe but they always seem to struggle, I find that strange.

Been some tough draws for Glasgow - this years group will be very difficult to get out of. Last year Bath got a disillusioned French team away who were out of the comp and beat them easily, When Glasgow came to play them the french guys had been told they were playing for their contracts and they played much better then Bath gave Glasgow a lesson in tactics and ball retention.

This will not be Glsgows year 'cos of the pool and Glasgow are weaker than last year.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 11 Sep 2016, 4:21 pm

TJ wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Definitely agree about Glasgow, it's about time they showed it in Europe but they always seem to struggle, I find that strange.

Been some tough draws for Glasgow - this years group will be very difficult to get out of.  Last year Bath got a disillusioned French team away who were out of the comp and beat them easily, When Glasgow came to play them the french guys had been told they were playing for their contracts and they played much better then Bath gave Glasgow a lesson in tactics and ball retention.

This will not be Glsgows year 'cos of the pool and Glasgow are weaker than last year.

Agree, but nowadays it's always a really tough draw. I do believe that Glasgow have the firepower to do well though. Who were they grouped with last season? I thought it was Scarlets and Racing, not Bath.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 11 Sep 2016, 4:31 pm

Maybe that was the year before. I'm sure someone will correct me if I was wrong ;-). glasgows group this year is the toughest of the lot.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by reallybored Sun 11 Sep 2016, 5:34 pm

TJ wrote:

Been some tough draws for Glasgow - this years group will be very difficult to get out of.  Last year Bath got a disillusioned French team away who were out of the comp and beat them easily, When Glasgow came to play them the french guys had been told they were playing for their contracts and they played much better then Bath gave Glasgow a lesson in tactics and ball retention.

Why'd you think that?

Losing Nakarawa was obviously a blow but other than that I'd say they're looking a better team.

Sarto is a huge improvement on Naiyaravoro, Lamont or Jones.

Getting through the group will be a tough ask but wouldn't write them off in Townsend's final season in charge.  Could end up being quite an open group.

reallybored

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 11 Sep 2016, 5:51 pm

Glasgow's failings in Europe have generally been because of the pack - they've been bullied by the big boys meaning the match winning backs haven't been able to get any ball.

Is this year's pack any better? They've started the season well but Europe is a big step up.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 11 Sep 2016, 5:58 pm

George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 11 Sep 2016, 5:58 pm

Also - the full game is up here:

George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next