The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frank Bruno film

+3
Pedro147
melv500
mckay1402
7 posters

Go down

Frank Bruno film Empty Frank Bruno film

Post by mckay1402 Thu 15 Sep 2016, 10:45 pm

Hi everyone. My mate is working with Frank on a movie about his life. It needs publicity and funding to get made. Let's face it who wouldn't want to watch a film about Frank ?

O there's a kickstarter too if you guys could get involved or share it...https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1137405665/bruno-the-movie
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Frank Bruno film Empty Re: Frank Bruno film

Post by Guest Fri 16 Sep 2016, 11:45 am

mckay1402 wrote:Hi everyone.  My mate is working with Frank on a movie about his life.   It needs publicity and funding to get made.  Let's face it who wouldn't want to watch a film about Frank ?

O there's a kickstarter too if you guys could get involved or share it...https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1137405665/bruno-the-movie
Me...obviously a "National Treasure" but not someone who deserves to have a film made about him (take note makers of the Jamie Vardy biopic). Fighter wins title, people love him, fighter loses title, life spirals out of control, mental breakdowns, marital difficulties, drug issues ensue..... Why Frank and not Ricky Hatton or a hundred other fighters?

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Fri 16 Sep 2016, 2:06 pm

Get him to call Eddie Hearn and ask him to view it on PPV. Lots of people will just about buy anything he shows on there. They'll make the cash in no time.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Fri 16 Sep 2016, 4:21 pm

He can fight Joshua. Ex heavyweight champion well known to the British public. Frank has put his demons behind for one last shot at the big time.

This thing sells itself really.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by md_fan Sat 17 Sep 2016, 12:28 am

Can't be any worse than the Eddie the Eagle movie. As for who deserves a movie it should be not so much to do with their fight record but whether they have a compelling story and how well it can be translated to a screenplay. I don't get why there has never been a decent Ali movie for example. Looking forward to seeing the Bruno story though. Guy Ritchie could direct and it would be cool to see who ends up playing Frank, Harry, and Prime Tyson.

md_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Sat 17 Sep 2016, 12:45 am

Dave fancy a 'spar', you cynical bag of fanny froth?

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 22 Sep 2016, 11:36 am

I don't like Frank Bruno...(I'm sure he'll be disappointed to hear that!!).....For a multitude of reasons....

1. Read an interview in the KO magazine back in the 80s where Bruno seemed to intimate.....If Honeyghan acted in a different way he could earn more money......

The Lennox Lewis law suit was interesting..

2. Moaned about only getting 6 million for that pitiful night at the MGM......The fight where in his book he basically said he had to duck and dive his way through a medical.

What about the hard earned money paying fans who paid to watch you crap your load ???.......

3. Remember in 92 him stating if Labour got in he'd leave the Country.....Real man of the people stuff...........Kinnock was hardly Jeremy Corbyn..

4. Called homeless people living on park benches...."Bums"!!!!.......Really ???....Could be a multitude of reasons they ended up there and none of them would be nice...............Classy stuff....

5. Also lost to every top fighter he fought...

Wouldn't wish his problems on him though or anybody....

But for me the guy is a grade 1 a-hole..........Bollox to a movie..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Thu 22 Sep 2016, 6:30 pm

I don't care much for Bruno either. But if they can make a film about Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards, they can make one about Bruno. However, I won't be going out of my way to watch it.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down