The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales XV to face Australia? Sam Davies has to start!

+11
lostinwales
irnbrew
chris_501
mikey_dragon
maestegmafia
bedfordwelsh
True Raven
No 7&1/2
offload
propdavid_london
international198
15 posters

Go down

Wales XV to face Australia? Sam Davies has to start! Empty Wales XV to face Australia? Sam Davies has to start!

Post by international198 Sun 18 Sep 2016, 6:35 pm

15. Leigh Halfpenny
14. George North
13. Jonathan Davies
12. Jamie Roberts
11. Liam Williams
10. Sam Davies
9. Rhys Webb
8. Taulupe Faletau
7. Sam Warburton (captain)
6. Dan Lydiate
5. Alun Wyn Jones
4. Luke Charteris
3. Samson Lee
2. Ken Owens
1. Gethin Jenkins

international198

Back to top Go down

Wales XV to face Australia? Sam Davies has to start! Empty Re: Wales XV to face Australia? Sam Davies has to start!

Post by propdavid_london Mon 19 Sep 2016, 10:50 am

So whats your bench look like?
Toby is out isn't he with a pretty serious injury - not sure he will be available!
And with Halfpenny, Roberts, North and Toby that's 1 too many wildcard selections for players playing outside WRU territory.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Wales XV to face Australia? Sam Davies has to start! Empty Re: Wales XV to face Australia? Sam Davies has to start!

Post by international198 Mon 19 Sep 2016, 10:56 am

propdavid_london wrote:So whats your bench look like?  
Toby is out isn't he with a pretty serious injury - not sure he will be available!
And with Halfpenny, Roberts, North and Toby that's 1 too many wildcard selections for players playing outside WRU territory.  

Halfpenny is exempt from the rule.

16. Rob Evans
17. Scott Baldwin
18. Dillon Lewis
19. Bradley Davies
20. Justin Tipuric
21. Tomos Williams
22. Dan Biggar
23. Matthew Morgan

international198

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Mon 19 Sep 2016, 11:09 am

I read your posts and I'm genuinely confused. I can't tell whether you don't know much about rugby or just like winding people up?
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by international198 Mon 19 Sep 2016, 11:11 am

offload wrote:I read your posts and I'm genuinely confused.  I can't tell whether you don't know much about rugby or just like winding people up?

I know a lot about rugby. I don't like winding people up.

international198

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Mon 19 Sep 2016, 11:15 am

international198 wrote:
offload wrote:I read your posts and I'm genuinely confused.  I can't tell whether you don't know much about rugby or just like winding people up?

Ahh...now I understand. It's you who is confused. Very Happy

Last edited by offload on Mon 19 Sep 2016, 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 19 Sep 2016, 11:16 am

Why have you changed your mind on including players from outside of Wales?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by True Raven Mon 19 Sep 2016, 1:47 pm

I really hope Halfpenny isnt at fullback. We saw against New Zealand the quality Liam Williams has when he counter attacks. Halfpenny has lost that 15 shirt now.

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 19 Sep 2016, 4:43 pm

international198 wrote:15. Leigh Halfpenny
14. George North
13. Jonathan Davies
12. Jamie Roberts
11. Liam Williams
10. Sam Davies
9. Rhys Webb
8. Taulupe Faletau
7. Sam Warburton (captain)
6. Dan Lydiate
5. Alun Wyn Jones
4. Luke Charteris
3. Samson Lee
2. Ken Owens
1. Gethin Jenkins

I'd swap Halfpenny and Williams around if you play both.

Faletau likely to be ruled out

Lydiate hasn't played yet and not due back until when??

Once the Os get into the big games (next 3 in row type of run) I doubt if Davies will start.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 19 Sep 2016, 11:20 pm

Id say there are a fare few more players than just Sam Davies putting their names in the ring.

Ollie Cracknell
James Davies
Sam Parry
Thornton
Cook
Tomos Williams
Giles
Ben John
Steven Shingler

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 20 Sep 2016, 6:48 am

Giles, seriously after 1 game against a shockingly poor Treviso.

I would like to see Thornton be developed as our locks are getting on really.

bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by True Raven Tue 20 Sep 2016, 7:17 am

Cook, Ben John and Shingler are the new Richard fussell. They may do a decent job at pro12 level against poorer teams but would get humiliated at international level as they are simply not good enough. Seriously Ben John??? I'm guessing no one watched him play last year when he got shunted to the wing when we had an injury crisis in the centre and played an 18 rookie instead.

I also agree with bedfordwelsh that talk of Giles playing for Wales is dumb. Bloody Tom Grabham has more top level games than him

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 20 Sep 2016, 8:57 am

True Raven wrote:Cook, Ben John and Shingler are the new Richard fussell.  They may do a decent job at pro12 level against poorer teams but would get humiliated at international level as they are simply not good enough.  Seriously Ben John??? I'm guessing no one watched him play last year when he got shunted to the wing when we had an injury crisis in the centre and played an 18 rookie instead.

I also agree with bedfordwelsh that talk of Giles playing for Wales is dumb.  Bloody Tom Grabham has more top level games than him

18 year old rookie Owen Watkin. He was likely to go on tour with the squad to NZ this summer, the tour Giles was on.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by True Raven Tue 20 Sep 2016, 9:20 am

maestegmafia wrote:
True Raven wrote:Cook, Ben John and Shingler are the new Richard fussell.  They may do a decent job at pro12 level against poorer teams but would get humiliated at international level as they are simply not good enough.  Seriously Ben John??? I'm guessing no one watched him play last year when he got shunted to the wing when we had an injury crisis in the centre and played an 18 rookie instead.

I also agree with bedfordwelsh that talk of Giles playing for Wales is dumb.  Bloody Tom Grabham has more top level games than him

18 year old rookie Owen Watkin. He was likely to go on tour with the squad to NZ this summer, the tour Giles was on.

No he wasnt. He was was the Wlaes under 20's until the Osrpeys wanted him to have a rest and pulled him out

Gatland said he may look at taking someone from the under 20's in passing but Keelan Giles was called up as a last minute replacement for the last test as we had no wingers but didnt play

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 20 Sep 2016, 10:59 am

maestegmafia wrote:

He's over 18 and was over 18 back then too. How was he likely to tour NZ? There was absolutely no indication of that. Giles was a late call-up after injuries and didn't feature - a silly call-up as he was still playing U20s and hadn't played much if any top level rugby. Touting him after coming on as a replacement against a poor performing Italian outfit is equally as silly.

I do wonder where you get your info from sometimes? It comes across as a bit blinkered.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 20 Sep 2016, 11:01 am

maestegmafia wrote:Id say there are a fare few more players than just Sam Davies putting their names in the ring.

Ollie Cracknell
James Davies
Sam Parry
Thornton
Cook
Tomos Williams
Giles
Ben John
Steven Shingler

Parry and Williams are worth a punt but the rest.... Yikes! Yikes

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 20 Sep 2016, 11:14 am

international198 wrote:

Ah right, that told us.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by chris_501 Tue 20 Sep 2016, 12:19 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:Id say there are a fare few more players than just Sam Davies putting their names in the ring.

Ollie Cracknell
James Davies
Sam Parry
Thornton
Cook
Tomos Williams
Giles
Ben John
Steven Shingler

I would say that Cracknell is one to keep an eye on. Finished last season well, and we aren't blessed with too many blindsides. How old is he?

chris_501

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 20 Sep 2016, 12:24 pm

One for the future perhaps, but you wouldn't put him into the squad right now. That's almost as bad as saying Baker should start for Wales at No.8 because he's a No.8.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by irnbrew Tue 20 Sep 2016, 2:48 pm

Cracknell is English

irnbrew

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 20 Sep 2016, 3:33 pm

irnbrew wrote:Cracknell is English

Just looking that up and found he's played for Wales U20. Depending on who that was against his place of birth may not matter.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by True Raven Tue 20 Sep 2016, 4:36 pm

lostinwales wrote:
irnbrew wrote:Cracknell is English

Just looking that up and found he's played for Wales U20. Depending on who that was against his place of birth may not matter.

He played against France so im sure hes tied in

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by international198 Tue 20 Sep 2016, 5:40 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Why have you changed your mind on including players from outside of Wales?

Because I believe everyone deserves an opportunity.

international198

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 20 Sep 2016, 8:11 pm

But you didn't a month ago, what changed your minhd?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 21 Sep 2016, 11:00 am

mikey_dragon wrote:

Ollie Cracknell
James Davies
Sam Parry
Thornton
Cook
Tomos Williams
Giles
Ben John
Steven Shingler

Sam Parrys started season well whilst our other hookers haven't really. Mikey is Dee still out injured for us?
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 21 Sep 2016, 11:16 am

Wasn't it an ankle or shoulder op that Dee underwent? He's still got around 3 weeks, I think... Parry is playing well and the reason I mention him is because Owens and Baldwin look poor.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 21 Sep 2016, 12:56 pm

I'm gutted for Elliot Dee. I've never been convinced by Scott Baldwin.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Sep 2016, 1:16 pm

Ken Owens is still the best hooker in Wales. He's guilty by association with the poor form of the team. Scott Baldwin deserved his selection due to his purple patch of 12-18 months, but he's not in the same class as Ken. If Ken Owens could add a bit more power to his tight carrying game, he'd literally have it all. Don't believe the bitter nonsense from mikey, he's an excellent lineout thrower. The only reasonable suggestion of a weakness of his could be leadership: with the team playing so poorly, and him as captain, as I said, guilty by association. Remove that chain from around his neck, and put him back in a Welsh shirt, and he should improve. My only concern is that he's always looked better off the bench for Wales than starting. He's almost like a super-sub, and so despite evidently being the best hooker available to Wales, the ability to bring him on late in a game is such a useful one, I could see Howley going for someone a bit more mundane, in which case it would probably be Baldwin starting to get through the typical grind of the first 50-60 minutes.

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 21 Sep 2016, 2:27 pm

Dee has an ankle injury, another cruel blow for him. Hopefully Hewitt will stay fit and earn a call up at some point.

munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 21 Sep 2016, 2:36 pm

international198 wrote:
propdavid_london wrote:So whats your bench look like?  

Halfpenny is exempt from the rule.

16. Rob Evans
17. Scott Baldwin
18. Dillon Lewis
19. Bradley Davies
20. Justin Tipuric
21. Tomos Williams
22. Dan Biggar
23. Matthew Morgan

Isn't Rob out until December/January?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 21 Sep 2016, 2:38 pm

Yupp
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 21 Sep 2016, 7:24 pm

munkian wrote:Hopefully Hewitt will stay fit and earn a call up at some point.

Yeah he looked really good in his debut season last year, and I agree with you. I do worry that you've incurred the wrath of our resident ignored muppet through rating him. I remember I did it last year and had to read paragraph upon paragraph of bolox.
I'd like us to look at Parry and perhaps Dacey this season, not convinced by Baldwin going by his form last season, but he seemed to be another one of the undroppables.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2016, 12:22 pm

So Navidi at 7, Hewitt on the wing, Parry at hooker...who else are we picking in this team of yours that sounds like it could definitely give Australia a run for their money?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2016, 12:23 pm

p.s. Mikey. Just say no. Log out of 606. Turn off the computer. The first step to getting over an addiction is admitting you have a problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 22 Sep 2016, 12:29 pm

miaow wrote:p.s. Mikey. Just say no. Log out of 606. Turn off the computer. The first step to getting over an addiction is admitting you have a problem.

Why? This place would be a lot more dull without Mikey around. Yes he can get offensive but then he gets bans. Otherwise he thinks for himself and is passionate about what he believes. You can always ignore him if hearing contrary opinions bother you too much

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 22 Sep 2016, 12:38 pm

lostinwales wrote:
miaow wrote:p.s. Mikey. Just say no. Log out of 606. Turn off the computer. The first step to getting over an addiction is admitting you have a problem.

Why? This place would be a lot more dull without Mikey around. Yes he can get offensive but then he gets bans. Otherwise he thinks for himself and is passionate about what he believes. You can always ignore him if hearing contrary opinions bother you too much

Oh dear you've quoted it after I put the troll on foe boxing. As you can see miaow has peronsal issues and they come to the fore when people disagree with him - others are now finding out. He also resorts to lies. I got sick and tired of reading essay after essay of him repeating himself - seems pretty desperate to do all that just to try and get people to agree with you. It turns out I was correct about Rhys Priestland as well btw which Bath fans are now saying. And I was right in saying Scarlets have underperformed for years which a lot of people are now also saying laughing.
People also have office jobs and iPads, etc. It's no surprise to see people on here often so it would be grand if you could stop trying to guess my life and also stop obsessing over someone who you know for a fact put you on ignore over a year ago. Besides who spends a lot of time writing boring, regurgitated essays on here and then has the audacity to tell somebody they're on here too often. Pathetic behaviour.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 22 Sep 2016, 12:40 pm

Oh and I was also correct in saying the Cudd vs Cubby too small debate was a daft one, several sources proved that I was correct. Too bad kitty Smile.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 22 Sep 2016, 12:56 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:As you can see miaow has peronsal issues and they come to the fore when people disagree with him - others are now finding out.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2016, 1:42 pm

lostinwales wrote:Why? This place would be a lot more dull without Mikey around. Yes he can get offensive but then he gets bans. Otherwise he thinks for himself and is passionate about what he believes. You can always ignore him if hearing contrary opinions bother you too much

Dear me. Says it all about the current state of 606 if you actually find mikey interesting. Do you not remember the days of the BBC 606, and the early days of v2, with good quality posters like Red Stag and Biltong etc? When the goading, incessant, and repetitive (non rugby related) WUMming was diluted by the sheer volume of decent posts? Evidently you can't if this is the kind of output you think acceptable and 'interesting'. Dear me...

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 22 Sep 2016, 1:48 pm

miaow wrote:
lostinwales wrote:Why? This place would be a lot more dull without Mikey around. Yes he can get offensive but then he gets bans. Otherwise he thinks for himself and is passionate about what he believes. You can always ignore him if hearing contrary opinions bother you too much

Dear me. Says it all about the current state of 606 if you actually find mikey interesting. Do you not remember the days of the BBC 606, and the early days of v2, with good quality posters like Red Stag and Biltong etc? When the goading, incessant, and repetitive (non rugby related) WUMming was diluted by the sheer volume of decent posts? Evidently you can't if this is the kind of output you think acceptable and 'interesting'. Dear me...

We have lost a lot of good posters no question. But getting rid of more isn't necessarily going to help.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2016, 1:50 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:People also have office jobs

Wow, someone employs you? To sit all day on 606? Pay someone peanuts get a monkey I suppose...

You've got quite the obsession with me Sainty for someone you're apparently trying to ignore! I bet you're logging in and out just to read my posts, seething on your iPad at "work".

mikey_dragon wrote:Oh and I was also correct in saying the Cudd vs Cubby too small debate was a daft one, several sources proved that I was correct.

Dooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Your argument wasn't with the debate- of which one of the many benefits James Davies had over Nic Cudd was the fact that Cudd seemed a little insubstantial for international rugby at openside- but the fact that James Davies was "smaller" (despite being three inches taller) than Cudd! Amazingly, nearly twelve months later, you're still arguing the point! How!? Why!?

DOB 25th Oct 1990
Birthplace Carmarthen, Wales
Height 1.87 m (6' 2")
Weight 93 kg (14 st 9 lb)

Born 12/10/1988 (27)
Place of Birth Carmarthen
Height 180cm / 5' 11"
Weight 96kg / 15st 1lbs

Taken from the respective official club websites:

http://www.scarlets.co.uk/eng/games/player_archive.php?player=98390&includeref=dynamic

http://www.newportgwentdragons.com/Teams/Player/Dragons/137882

Whatever that job that someone pays you to do, I desperately hope it doesn't involve anything do with the application of statistics, facts, or, well...in fact I hope it doesn't involve any sort of responsibility at all, for Newport's sake...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2016, 1:56 pm

lostinwales wrote:We have lost a lot of good posters no question. But getting rid of more isn't necessarily going to help.

Well precisely. Mikey's constant, 18 hour a day 606 habit is pushing all the best posters away from this board with his agenda that 606 is his playtime, where he can goad posters into a shouting match without the thread of getting a fist in the mouth that would happen if you behaved this way offline.

Go and have a look at who has made the most posts in the Scarlets' season thread. The man/Saint is very bitter, and it comes across in his posting: within Wales, it's the Scarlets he saves his trolling for. When supporting Wales, it's often the Irish, and sometimes the English, that seem to receive most of his trolling. He's urinating in each and every collective swimming pool that is 606, to the point where he'll have to start branching out across the sporting divide, and go and troll the football fans in the name of rugby. I'm amazed that anyone could deem mikey a "good" poster, unless by good you mean the frequency with which someone posts, in which case, he's 606's #1.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2016, 2:04 pm

Aaaaanyway.

Anyone got a prediction for who might be a stand out player in the Autumn? Either someone goes on the rack up a few tries across the series, or a new face who does well, or even an old face who hits a good run of form?

If North's fit I hope we see the kind of player that was threatening to break out against NZ. He could be the missing link between a decent season and a 6Ns Grand Slam if he starts scoring and performing like Shane Williams, i.e. the key go to man to make something happen, averaging roughly a try a game.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 22 Sep 2016, 2:05 pm

lostinwales wrote:
miaow wrote:

We have lost a lot of good posters no question. But getting rid of more isn't necessarily going to help.

I remember that, it seems I had issues with you on 606 too yet you were a lot worse back then which culminated in a permanent ban for you. I think we all agree that BBC 606 was far, far worse and his site is much better. Stag was a Munsterman, but he disliked debating with you - if you can even call it debating. Biltong is still around but probably isn't interested in you either. Most probably don't post here because they have better things to do, rather than not post here becasue they got wound up over what someone said on the Internet, and then in some instances spend a lot of time writing drivel to force that person to agree with you.
I think kitty, LD and international198 should have their own forum. The grown-ups can stick to V2.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2016, 2:17 pm

mikey_dragon wrote: I think we all agree that BBC 606 was far, far worse and his site is much better.

Is that because there was a limit on the number of posts you could make in a certain period of time!? Haha.

Na, the old 606 was much better, it wasn't as good for getting into long debates as the format didn't allow it, but the quality of discussion was far, far better, and the turnaround in articles was much quicker too, meaning you wouldn't come back to the forum after a period away and still find someone banging on about the same tired and incorrect application of statistics to 'prove' a point literally no one cares about, and which in no way adds anything to the discussion at hand! That's why the old 606 was better.

mikey_dragon wrote:Stag was a Munsterman, but he disliked debating with you - if you can even call it debating. Biltong is still around but probably isn't interested in you either. Most probably don't post here because they have better things to do

Never had any issue with the two posters mentioned, hence why I used them as examples as well tempered, knowledgeable, fair, and interesting posters. I would add fES to that as one of the few who is still around now on the basis that he's someone who consistently shows non-partisan fairness, and is frequent enough in his posting for me to notice that. I'm sure there are others, but as I've said, my problem is that they get put off and buried under the absolute pile of your posts! Why would I mention them if either disliked me, or vice versa?  Lies, dam lies, and...well, I wouldn't evoke statistics, lest it confuses you even further!

If only you had better things to do, then when I visit this forum every few months to read and discuss rugby with actual rugby fans I wouldn't have to wade through the complete and utter cow muck that you leave all over it.

4300 posts of muck in just over a year Saint. If only there was a 606 anonymous to help you put the iPad down...

Last edited by miaow on Thu 22 Sep 2016, 2:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 22 Sep 2016, 2:26 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:I think we all agree that BBC 606 was far, far worse and his site is much better.

How many people have you asked? The old 606 was great.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 22 Sep 2016, 3:04 pm

I'm sure I'll still get complaints for this but here goes...

miaw/Mikey - you obviously don't like each other so can you please ignore/foe each other to avoid more public spats?

miaow - if you don't like what a poster is saying please report them instead of constantly calling them up. That can derail threads more than anything.

Thanks!

Run

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down