The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fights this weekend on Sky

+6
hazharrison
Jermaine2015
TRUSSMAN66
mobilemaster8
BoxingFan88
Pedro147
10 posters

Go down

Fights this weekend on Sky Empty Fights this weekend on Sky

Post by Pedro147 Thu 13 Oct 2016, 12:30 pm

Tony Bellew vs BJ Flores the main event this weekend and hasn't gotten much coverage on the board. On paper their records are fairly similar. Bellew is making out that Makubu was the second coming of Holyfield in the buildup.

Main fight on the undercard is Luke Campbell vs Derry Matthews. This is a brilliant fight and more interesting than the main event for me (despite not being for a world title). If Campbell loses this then I think it'll be a massive rebuild for him. When he came on the scene I thought he'd be the real deal but seem to have slowed down with his progression. His father was ill so perhaps he took his eye off the ball.

How do people see these fights going?

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Fights this weekend on Sky Empty Re: Fights this weekend on Sky

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 13 Oct 2016, 1:43 pm

Its a good card

Regular Sky putting out some decent shows at the moment, especially with the Monte Carlo card coming up as well

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 13 Oct 2016, 2:04 pm

Bellew fight is a joke as per - fighting a commentator who is 37 and lost both times at World level.

Expecting Bellew to do the business 3-6 rounds.

Im with BoxingFan - Campbell vs Matthews is a great cross roads fight for me. Looking forward to that should be fab.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 13 Oct 2016, 2:27 pm

You're expecting too much from Derry...

Average fighter who has over achieved and well done to him for it......

Coyle was beating him handily until the Hail mary...and he's been beaten a-plenty..

Campbell one sided slap....ko 6..

As for Bellew don't really care.....God-send for stiffs is Cruiser..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2016, 2:37 pm

Campbell needs to give him a one-sided beating but as mentioned previously I think Luke lacks the necessary spite to deal with people like Mathews. Hoping he doesn't allow Mathews to trying spoil and/or rough him up and just takes him to the cleaners

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Thu 13 Oct 2016, 3:30 pm

Flores will drill Bellew. Bellew has a weak ass chin and Flores is durable. Bellew beat a nobody to fluke a belt. One step to far for the big mouth from Merseyside.

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 13 Oct 2016, 3:32 pm

I think it's a good fight. Campbell has looked vulnerable since stepping up his level of opposition. Both Mendy and Mendez put him over and Derry can crack. This will be the acid test for Luke after a couple of hiccups of late.

Bellew fight is poor but hopefully he gets this one out of the way and gets in the mix at cruiser - probably the most entertaining weight division at present with the likes of Bellew, Lebedev, Usyk, Glowacki, Huck, Beidis etc.

Best fight on the card is Burnett vs Farrag.

Last edited by hazharrison on Thu 13 Oct 2016, 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Thu 13 Oct 2016, 3:35 pm

hazharrison wrote:I think it's a good fight. Campbell has looked vulnerable since stepping up his level of opposition. Both Mendy and Mendez put him over and Derry can crack. This will be the acid test for Luke after a couple of hiccups of late.

Bellew fight is poor but hopefully he gets this one out of the way and gets in the mix at cruiser - probably the most entertaining weight division at present with the likes of Bellew, Lebedev, Usyk, Glowacki, Huck, Beidis etc.

Bellew isn't in the same class as the elite 200lb boys. Less nor forget had Drozd not been forced to vacate, there's no chance Bellew was going to legitimately win a belt in the ring.

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 13 Oct 2016, 3:37 pm

Jermaine2015 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:I think it's a good fight. Campbell has looked vulnerable since stepping up his level of opposition. Both Mendy and Mendez put him over and Derry can crack. This will be the acid test for Luke after a couple of hiccups of late.

Bellew isn't in the same class as the elite 200lb boys. Less nor forget had Drozd not been forced to vacate, there's no chance Bellew was going to legitimately win a belt in the ring.

Well he earned his top ten position against Makabu. That was an excellent performance.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Thu 13 Oct 2016, 3:38 pm

hazharrison wrote:
Jermaine2015 wrote:

Well he earned his top ten position against Makabu. That was an excellent performance.
Makabu who no one had ever heard of? Do me a favour.

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 13 Oct 2016, 3:51 pm

Jermaine2015 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
Jermaine2015 wrote:

I'd heard of him (I'm sure others had, too). Fantastic KO ratio and was rated in the top five at cruiser. They didn't just drag him out of a South African knocking shop.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Thu 13 Oct 2016, 4:06 pm

hazharrison wrote:
Jermaine2015 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
Jermaine2015 wrote:

I'd heard of him (I'm sure others had, too). Fantastic KO ratio and was rated in the top five at cruiser. They didn't just drag him out of a South African knocking shop.
Aside from beating an ancient Glenn Johnson, who have Makabu beaten? No one. Not hard being top 5 at 200lbs when the division only has 2/3 stand out names...

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 13 Oct 2016, 4:19 pm

Jermaine2015 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
Jermaine2015 wrote:

Makabu was garbage man, I watched 3 rounds of him and saw he wasn't anything special I picked Bellew to knock him out

He wouldn't have lasted 2 rounds with Lebedev or Drozd, just nowhere near good enough

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 13 Oct 2016, 6:59 pm

I can't get too excited by the Makabu win, I'll be honest with that

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu 13 Oct 2016, 10:22 pm

Bellew is an accident waiting to happen at cruiserweight I think. He looks to be chasing a fight with David Haye though, who probably wouldnt need much encouragement to take it.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 13 Oct 2016, 10:35 pm

In the old days you only got a money fight after you cleaned out a division that's how you earned it these days they give you a money fight to avoid your real challenges the game's fuc£ed up whoever became number one in the cruiserweight division that's the person who should then get Haye

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Sat 15 Oct 2016, 9:40 pm

Great win for 4 round KO for Luke Campbell, was targeting the body the whole fight. Derry tried his best to get up but the damage was already done.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 15 Oct 2016, 9:41 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You're expecting too much from Derry...

Average fighter who has over achieved and well done to him for it......

Coyle was beating him handily until the Hail mary...and he's been beaten a-plenty..

Campbell one sided slap....ko 6..

As for Bellew don't really care.....God-send for stiffs is Cruiser..

Good performance by Campbell....But Derry is ordinary..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Sat 15 Oct 2016, 9:43 pm

Yeah and probably past his best too but exactly the sorta win Campbell needs to get back on track.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 15 Oct 2016, 10:00 pm

Makabu's win over Mchunu was a very good one, it highlighted how he can be outboxed but he showed both a good chin and remarkable power to win it late, he's far better than some are making him out to be.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 15 Oct 2016, 10:07 pm

Only his 5th fight this lad... ..But needs a lot of improvement. .

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 15 Oct 2016, 10:12 pm

Excellent win for LC. Still looks a little fragile under fire but classy when he let his hands go.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 15 Oct 2016, 10:19 pm

... Just carrying on the tradition of British Olympic lightweights

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 15 Oct 2016, 10:29 pm

It's been a proper rebuilding job for Campbell this year against the perfect level of opposition, feel that Matthews was a step down from Mendez but he's bounced back from the Mendy defeat well.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 15 Oct 2016, 10:42 pm

10-9 BJ

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 15 Oct 2016, 10:48 pm

Aside from a decent payday I cannot understand why Bellew wants Haye so much, I genuinely don't think he would last much longer than a minute.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Sat 15 Oct 2016, 10:48 pm

Bellew is a bum, Haye kills him

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 15 Oct 2016, 10:50 pm

Jermaine2015 wrote:Bellew is a bum, Haye kills him

Jermaine2015 wrote:Flores will drill Bellew. Bellew has a weak ass chin and Flores is durable. Bellew beat a nobody to fluke a belt. One step to far for the big mouth from Merseyside.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 15 Oct 2016, 10:53 pm

Haye would slaughter hin. Eddie has gave him an easy route to a title with that S.African fella.....then beats a 37 year old commentator....even todays version of Haye spanks him...genuinely would worry for Tony and his health because Haye would absolutely spark him. As would Usyk. And Lebedev.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 15 Oct 2016, 10:57 pm

Watching sky hype haye bellew is stomach churning

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 15 Oct 2016, 11:00 pm

Not buying Haye v Bellew..

Credit to Bellew though....Keeps getting the job done..

No fan of the division though. .

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 15 Oct 2016, 11:01 pm

Bellew seems to have decent power at Cruiserweight so should stay there, still think he looks vulnerable and an accident waiting to happen but Haye would be a massacre.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 15 Oct 2016, 11:02 pm

Completely agree Hammer. I'd put max 3 rounds.

Usyk would be a good fight. Think Usyk would nail him too.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Sat 15 Oct 2016, 11:04 pm

Paul Smith called "the fighter at cruiserweight", guess in Liverpool they've not heard of Usyk and Lebedev

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 15 Oct 2016, 11:19 pm

Bellew was about 5th at cruiser before tonight. Not sure that moves him anywhere but it was exciting enough (though Flores seemed to be looking for a way out from fairly early on). Most entertaining division at the minute. Real tear ups left, right and centre.

Haye will probably take an ABC fight. I'd like to see Bellew fight Huck but it could be Breidis next.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Oct 2016, 11:11 am

Haye v Bellew gets made as Bellew has kids who need feeding. He'll agree to anything to ensure he gets to put food on the table even if it means he'll be getting fed through a tube for a while. Haye/Enzo all over again

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Sun 16 Oct 2016, 11:24 am

DAVE667 wrote:Haye v Bellew gets made as Bellew has kids who need feeding. He'll agree to anything to ensure he gets to put food on the table even if it means he'll be getting fed through a tube for a while. Haye/Enzo all over again

Tony Bellew has kids? He keeps that quiet.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 16 Oct 2016, 12:13 pm

Pedro147 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Haye v Bellew gets made as Bellew has kids who need feeding. He'll agree to anything to ensure he gets to put food on the table even if it means he'll be getting fed through a tube for a while. Haye/Enzo all over again

Tony Bellew has kids? He keeps that quiet.

Ha!!!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down