The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andy Murray Back Home On The Lovely Green Stuff....Queens & Wimbledon

+19
dyrewolfe
custart
Solerina
Mad for Chelsea
Magic Milamber
camerajuan
cats_r_cool
pauline1981
Liam_Main
MTS1
I AM AWESOME
lydian
sportslover
dummy_half
noleisthebest
Geosynch
yummymummy
CaledonianCraig
legendkillar
23 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Andy Murray Back Home On The Lovely Green Stuff....Queens & Wimbledon Empty Andy Murray Back Home On The Lovely Green Stuff....Queens & Wimbledon

Post by legendkillar Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:51 pm

Murray fans here we are. Back in the UK, Andy is back home and let's hope that this will be the one. First up is Queens. Murray looks set to lock horns again with Malisse in the second round. I hope he will be able to make it to the final of Queens and hope for a kind draw at Wimbledon. What do we Murray fans expect he will do?

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Andy Murray Back Home On The Lovely Green Stuff....Queens & Wimbledon Empty Re: Andy Murray Back Home On The Lovely Green Stuff....Queens & Wimbledon

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:32 pm

Well he should at least reach the final here at Queens Club and as for Wimbledon it would be great to see him at least in the semis there to maintain his very encouraging slam record this year.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Andy Murray Back Home On The Lovely Green Stuff....Queens & Wimbledon Empty Re: Andy Murray Back Home On The Lovely Green Stuff....Queens & Wimbledon

Post by yummymummy Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:12 pm

Hold your horses u 2 !!!!!

The proof of the pudding is in the eating !

I'm still not convinced that Andys' ankle can hold on
throughout the tournament

Shocked

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:21 pm

Oh yummy your putting the jinx out there already!! Doh

I think Andy can reach the final. He has a good draw and is 2nd seed.

I think he could go deep at Wimbledon if he has the draw he did at the French Open.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:30 pm

Also Andy does seem very confident the ankle is now fine. Now we know Andy is very cautious usually with injuries so for him to play at Queens it must be okay.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:31 pm

Erm

Fink I'll get me coat and toddle off Whistle

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:33 pm

yummymummy wrote: Erm

Fink I'll get me coat and toddle off Whistle

laughing

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Geosynch Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:44 pm

The grass at Queens looks beautiful compared to that red muck in Paris laughing

It seems that Andys ankle is ok. He knows if there is a chance at Wimbledon he has to get as much practice in as possible on grass.

Can't wait for the next slam.. This is the one thumbsup
Geosynch
Geosynch

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:51 pm

COME ON ANDEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:03 pm

It would be great if he could regain his title at the Queens Club. About time he won another title.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:39 pm

I would love to see him win Queens again. I was like a Cheshire cat when he won it in 2009. I think he has a great chance this year. Surely the final is not being over ambitious

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:44 pm

In all honesty he should reach at least the final at Queens Club and anything less will be a disappointment to me and I am sure it will be to him as well.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:47 pm

I wouldn't consider it a failure if he didn't reach the final, I think first and foremost the health of the boy for me is important and if the ankle is fully healed. I would hate to see him get injured. An early defeat wouldn't be so disasterous as it may give him more time to heal Smile

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:53 pm

I really do feel though that the ankle injury really isn't that bad and Andy has said it has been improving every day since it happened - even when he was playing later matches in the French Open. Now he has had another four days to rest it and he isn't the sort to take risks with injuries this close to a slam so he must be very happy with it.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:56 pm

I think sometimes though injuries can be overlooked no matter how serious they are not. I remember the wrist injury he had and started as a small injury and it eventually lead to a couple of months lay off. I think in the French Open he was running on adrenaline and painkillers Smile

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:57 pm

Plus he is playing doubles at Queens steam

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:59 pm

Well he also came through a vigorous two hour work out today and like I said am sure he must be 100% confident with it for him to not pull out of Queens. I am worried about it as well but if Andy's happy with it he knows far better than me so is best to judge.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:03 pm

I am hoping he can do a clean sweep on the grass courts Smile

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:15 pm

I don't know about you, but I hope I can safely confide in this sheltered cranny that I'M SICK AND TIRED OF FEDAL FINALS!!!!!! Whistle

I was so hoping for a Nole Murray final at RG....and then the ankle and stupid Fognini happened....OK and Fedal....

FEDAL!!!! I mean really....so last decade....so glitsy discoball....give us some rock'n'roll....come on ye youngenzes!!!!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:17 pm

A question, whose half would you like Andy to be in at Wimbers.....?

Humour me as much as you like ....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:18 pm

I think it is a matter of time before Nadal and Federer are pushed in the Grand Slam events.

Djokovic, Murray, Del Potro

We had Andy and Novak at Australia and that made me sad Sad

Not even a set!!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:20 pm

I would like Andy to have a draw like he did at the French Open and maybe meet Federer in the Semi's. Smile

Would like him to avoid Del Potro and Roddick if possible.

Set up date with Nole in the final Wink

I would mortgage my house for a ticket if he makes it.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:22 pm

legendkillar wrote:I think it is a matter of time before Nadal and Federer are pushed in the Grand Slam events.

Djokovic, Murray, Del Potro

We had Andy and Novak at Australia and that made me sad Sad

Not even a set!!

At least it was to Nole....and not to that...... greedy so and so.....wait till Nole thrashes him in the semis, now that will be sweet.....nothing like being an "underdog"

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:24 pm

legendkillar wrote:I would like Andy to have a draw like he did at the French Open and maybe meet Federer in the Semi's. Smile

I'll try and invent a shrinking potion so I can sit on your hat and shout Noleisthebest Yahoo

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:25 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
legendkillar wrote:I would like Andy to have a draw like he did at the French Open and maybe meet Federer in the Semi's. Smile

I'll try and invent a shrinking potion so I can sit on your hat and shout Noleisthebest Yahoo

No Serbia flag and we have a deal Hug

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:14 pm

Deal!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:27 pm

Team Murray will be playing doubles tomorrow.

Still no Andy till Wednesday

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:03 pm

It would be good for Andy to win the title this week if he's fit - it's been a bit difficult this season to date because Djoko and Nadal have cleared up between them. It would be good for his confidence, and his A game on grass should be good enough to reach the final - be interesting to see how he might get on against Rafa on grass, as he has been close in performance terms (even if not that apparent on the scoreboard) both in their last match and their last meeting on grass.

As for the Wimbledon draw, I don't think it makes that much difference - would probably want him to miss Berdych in the QF just in case Birdy is inspired by being back as a place where he was successful last year, but otherwise Andy should be too good on grass for anyone other than the top 3. As for whether it's Djoko in the SF and Nadal in the final or vice versa, I don't think it makes any difference - Andy will be a significant underdog in each match.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:58 pm

Murray fans our hero will be in action tomorrow against Malisse. Malisse and his partner in crime defeated team Murray earlier. Wonder if revenge will be on the mind of Andy?

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:50 pm

legendkillar wrote:Murray fans our hero will be in action tomorrow against Malisse. Malisse and his partner in crime defeated team Murray earlier. Wonder if revenge will be on the mind of Andy?

Didn't he play him recently and when the Belgium ran out of steam the rest was history.

Same again please Andy Laugh

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:08 pm

Presume you guys seen this?
http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/865631-andy-murray-films-shower-scene-in-tiny-wee-speedos-for-new-online-ad
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:32 am

lydian wrote:Presume you guys seen this?
http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/865631-andy-murray-films-shower-scene-in-tiny-wee-speedos-for-new-online-ad

That is quite funny actually. Thanks for that. laughing

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:50 am

Shocked

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:51 am

Good luck Andy Very Happy rose

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:13 am

Best of luck today Andy athough I don't think he'll need it.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:07 pm

Anybody else neeeervous now ?

zen zen zen zen zen zen

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:24 pm

Nah. I think Murray shall go through in straight sets. Currently watching Clement v Cillic. Something about Clement I like. I like the way he stays well conditioned for a 33 year old.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:53 pm

Murray 2-0 after a generous gift from Malisse. Andy is cranking his serve today. Now leads 3-0.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:23 pm

Murray takes the first set 6-3. My westie is giving me more problems than Malisse is giving Murray.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:12 pm

Damn it Murray surrenders the second set. We are going all the way people.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:35 pm

Murray has broken in the 3rd and is serving at 4-3 up.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:46 pm

GSM Andy Yahoo

WHY does he always have to have sencondsetitis ?

Whistle

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:48 pm

Yummmy!!

Yahoo

He just slumped in that second set at 6-5 which left me swearing!!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:57 pm

A decent work out for Andy Murray today as Malisse is no mug. Safely through and some much-needed practice on grass.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:58 pm

Tipsy up next Shocked

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:59 pm

Well he was saying he was looking forward to it Erm

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:28 pm

I'm Not Laugh

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:35 pm

I think Andy will be fine Smile

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by I AM AWESOME Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:41 pm

I reckon Andy would prefer to have Nadal on his half rather than Roger. He gave Nadal one hell of a fight last year and came close to taking SETS off him. In fact he should have taken sets off Nadal. I just think that Murray has his game sorted out for Nadal and can beat Nadal anywhere bar possibly clay.

I AM AWESOME

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:47 am

Morning Murraymites Very Happy

I'm STILL worried about that ankle ! Will it last the week ?

He seemed to be favouring it a bit yesterday

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next