The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prizefighter - The welterweights. Who wins?

+12
DoubleD22
Steffan
Scottrf
88Chris05
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Valero's Conscience
whotobeA
Rowley
Dinamita
Young_Towzer
azania
Unbeatable Georgey Groves
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Prizefighter - The welterweights. Who wins? Empty Prizefighter - The welterweights. Who wins?

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Mon 06 Jun 2011, 6:42 pm

Well it's the eve of the latest instalment of the usually entertaining prizefighter competition. It looks like an exciting line up and we should see some great fights. Looks for all the world as if Lynes and Witter are the ones to beat. This is true but as has been proved before you don't win fights on paper. Also anything can happen on the night come prizefighter, eg Herbie Hyde. Personally I fancy Lynes to do the business due to experience and ability; though it will not be easy for him. Also I would like to see Yassine El Maachi give it a good go as I have seen a few of his fights and he is a very exciting and unpredictable.

Who do you all think will be £32,000 richer come tomorrow night?

Back to top Go down

Prizefighter - The welterweights. Who wins? Empty Re: Prizefighter - The welterweights. Who wins?

Post by azania Mon 06 Jun 2011, 6:45 pm

I cant see Witter winning the first fight. He is too far gone and should retire before he embarasses himself more.

azania

Back to top Go down

Prizefighter - The welterweights. Who wins? Empty Re: Prizefighter - The welterweights. Who wins?

Post by Young_Towzer Mon 06 Jun 2011, 10:08 pm

El maachi, Witter in his prime would of wiped every one of them out, Lynes is good as well, hope Lynes wins, but expect El maachi

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jun 2011, 10:15 am

Witter "in his prime" would still struggle to come to terms with the three round format. As for wiping them all out, maybe he'd have stood a chance as long as his promotor told him to imagine there wasn't anything at stake. As soon as Witter was told his fight was a title fight, he put in dreadful performances.

The only way he wins this is if someone tells him it's just a bit of fun!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinamita Tue 07 Jun 2011, 10:28 am

Expect the unexpected - there have been quite a few outside bets winning the various tournaments.

I won't be putting any dosh on this one!

Dinamita

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jun 2011, 10:32 am

Dinamita wrote:Expect the unexpected - there have been quite a few outside bets winning the various tournaments.

I won't be putting any dosh on this one!

Whereas I simply won't be watching it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Tue 07 Jun 2011, 11:05 am

Why will you not be watching it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 07 Jun 2011, 11:11 am

Not sure Witter has a lot left but even allowing for that would struggle to imagine a fighter less suited to this kind of format. Fights at a glacial pace and takes time to get warmed up. Whilst predicting Prize fighter is tricky think Lynes has both the class and style that should make him favourite

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by whotobeA Tue 07 Jun 2011, 11:25 am

I think it might suit Kev McKintyre tbh. I thinker Witter might be too cautious for this format & Lynes didn't do great last time against Rees. El maachi's first fight will be a belter i reckon & it could well take a bit out of him. I dont mind these tournements & i think this could be a decent one?

whotobeA

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Tue 07 Jun 2011, 11:38 am

I disagree. Personally I thought Lynes did well against Rees considering he had tough fights prior to the final. As has been proved Rees is a top level fighter and suits the three round style with his bulldog approach and eagerness at beginning of fights. For me there is no-one in this competition in the same league as Rees - at this period in time.

I may be proved wrong but i'm still leaning towards Lynes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:20 pm

Whereas I simply won't be watching it!
Lol and we are meant to care?

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:21 pm

I think it might suit Kev McKintyre tbh. I thinker Witter might be too cautious for this format & Lynes didn't do great last time against Rees. El maachi's first fight will be a belter i reckon & it could well take a bit out of him. I dont mind these tournements & i think this could be a decent one?
Witter will knock McIntyre out, he's got no chin. Hope McDonagh beats El Maachi but he wont

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:27 pm

Witter's style IMO is not at all well suited for 3 rounds, although he may still be a level above and be able to beat them.

Funny how things pan out, if Witter would have won his comeback fight in February as expected this year he would have been in with a good shout for a fight with Khan and would have earned far more than the 'possible' £32k in Prizefighter, which if he loses his career is over.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinamita Wed 08 Jun 2011, 7:55 am

azania wrote:I cant see Witter winning the first fight. He is too far gone and should retire before he embarasses himself more.

I think going head first into the ring side cameraman was a new, embarrasing low Shocked

Dinamita

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed 08 Jun 2011, 9:05 am

like i predicted El Maachi would win, once again right as always. Lynes did win their semi but he won the tournament

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 08 Jun 2011, 9:37 am

Good win for El Maachi but it was an awful final and a pretty poor prizefighter but when Junior Witter is involved you expect no less.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by whotobeA Wed 08 Jun 2011, 9:43 am

Dont know what Witter was playing at in the final tbh? He seemed more intent in showboating with dancing legs & having that glove high which lost him any jab he may have used. Not saying Witter would have won but i think he should have concentrated a bit more on actually punching!!!

I think El Maachi summed it up in the interview when he said Witter has had his time.

whotobeA

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 08 Jun 2011, 9:52 am

One of the worst Prize Fighter tournaments there's ever been. We had the usual (seemingly obligatory) awful decision in the Lynes-El Maachi semi final, a first round bout between Witter and Graham which was boring beyond belief, and a former world champion looking like a caricature of the decent fighter he used to be.

Not sure what Witter was thinking in that last round of the final, either. He backed off for the majority of it, and when he did come forward he simply lunged in to El Maachi without actually throwing a punch. As for his switching between orthodox and southpaw, well he if anything that seemed to be confusing him more than his opponent.

Congratulations to El Maachi (even though he is a clown), he did what he needed to do, even if he was on the right end of a poor decision against Lynes. But it's a gimme that he's not going to push on too muh further than the domestic scene on which he currently resides, and no matter what he thinks of how much he tries to be, Naseem Hamed he aint!

Poor, poor tournament last night, but after the good Prize Fighter episodes we've had I suppose it was always going to happen again eventually.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 08 Jun 2011, 9:55 am

Lynes-El Maachi wasn't an awful decision, the commentators were just massively biased.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 08 Jun 2011, 9:59 am

Was out last night so only caught the end of the Lynes semi and the final but based on the fayre on offer there and the commentators comments on what had gone before shall not be rushing to watch the recording of the rest of it. Have reconcilled my fit of purist pique which made me sneer at prizefighter for so long but still think as a format they really need to think of making it a less frequent event.

Where they to have it once or twice a year, up the prize money and take time to see which divisions have the talent to really get a decent field it could be a massive event in the calendar because based on what I saw last night and from what others have said if you get the wrong field it can really stink the place out.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 08 Jun 2011, 10:00 am

Scottrf wrote:Lynes-El Maachi wasn't an awful decision, the commentators were just massively biased.

Was in my book. True, it's only a three-rounder but for me each of the rounds were fairly easy to score, and Lynes definitely won two of them.

Still, no great loss to the tournament, doubt a Lynes-Witter final would have been much better than the one we got.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 08 Jun 2011, 10:03 am

Which two?

The RBR I was posting in has fairly evenly split between El Maachi and Lynes. The SS presenters were trying to set up a Lynes-Witter final. They said his name about 90 times over 3 rounds, then afterward showed his wife and daughter and tried to pretend that showed the crowd were outraged at the decision.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by whotobeA Wed 08 Jun 2011, 10:05 am

It was either watch that or geordie shore with the mrs? Wish i'd have watched the orange chavs now tbh!

whotobeA

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 08 Jun 2011, 10:06 am

Geordie Shore (whatever that is) or Witter at his worst, not the finest evening you've ever spent I would have to guess

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by whotobeA Wed 08 Jun 2011, 10:16 am

Both last nights prizefighter & geordie shore can only be classed as car crash tv. Can only write off that few hrs of life & move on! Witter seemed pretty outraged at the decision & i have a feeling he's gonna keep going!?

whotobeA

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 08 Jun 2011, 10:23 am

whotobeA wrote:Both last nights prizefighter & geordie shore can only be classed as car crash tv. Can only write off that few hrs of life & move on! Witter seemed pretty outraged at the decision & i have a feeling he's gonna keep going!?

Witter is a waste of time but hes gotta make his money I guess. I watched South Park instead cant do reality TV or soaps infact I hardly watch much TV although I am a Playstation 3 junkie Very Happy

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleD22 Wed 08 Jun 2011, 10:46 am

Was truly a shocking final!

The only thing that made it entertaininig was witter falling out the ring. They were both just jumping at each other and not throwing punches! Safe to say not the best prizefighter ive seen!

DoubleD22

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed 08 Jun 2011, 11:09 am

Lynes-El Maachi wasn't an awful decision, the commentators were just massively biased.
It was, Lynes gave him a boxing lesson, he won that fight hands down, i didn't think El Maachi won the Witter fight either, he was badly hurt 2 or 3 times in the opener, the ref never scored the knockdown and there was nout in the 2nd or 3rd round, all in all though as doubled22 said, it wasn't the best. I'd say it was comfortably one of the very worst prizefighters i've seen. There was too many slick stylists on show, ie Witter, Lynes.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 08 Jun 2011, 11:11 am

i didn't think El Maachi won the Witter fight either

Struggle to see how you give Witter a round to be honest

And he was hurt more times than El Maachi was, were you drunk little one?

Shocking spectacle though, nothing gave me greater satisfaction to see that doornobhead Witter lose though

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed 08 Jun 2011, 11:16 am

And he was hurt more times than El Maachi was, were you drunk little one?
.......................................................................................
Yeah mortal, tiny one

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 08 Jun 2011, 11:17 am

Young_Towzer wrote:Lynes-El Maachi wasn't an awful decision, the commentators were just massively biased.
It was, Lynes gave him a boxing lesson, he won that fight hands down, i didn't think El Maachi won the Witter fight either, he was badly hurt 2 or 3 times in the opener, the ref never scored the knockdown and there was nout in the 2nd or 3rd round, all in all though as doubled22 said, it wasn't the best. I'd say it was comfortably one of the very worst prizefighters i've seen. There was too many slick stylists on show, ie Witter, Lynes.
Lynes might have given him a rabbit punching or holding lesson but not a boxing one. I had money on Lynes and scored it to him 2-1 but far from a robbery.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 08 Jun 2011, 11:18 am

To be honest watching the final think there was a case to be made for chucking the pair of em out and witholding the prize. Neither of them did anything resembling boxing and to think one of them gets £32k for that sticks in my craw.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 08 Jun 2011, 11:21 am

Young_Towzer wrote:And he was hurt more times than El Maachi was, were you drunk little one?
.......................................................................................
Yeah mortal, tiny one

You've lost me on the mortal part unfortunately

Is this some kind of street slang the kids of today are using?!

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:06 pm

You would be lost if it's 'some kind of street slang the kids of today are using?!'. Because you don't leave the house

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:08 pm

Looks like Coxy could have found his new D4.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:13 pm

rowley wrote:Looks like Coxy could have found his new D4.

I was just thinking that myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:18 pm

El maachi to his part was throwing punches at wittir but missed as witter ducked the shots then held, same old same old, and tried to punch in the clinch. NSA hi was visibly frustrated as you could tell from his face.

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:22 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:

You would be lost if it's 'some kind of street slang the kids of today are using?!'. Because you don't leave the house

So you're implying you're either:

a) A kid
b) A chav
b) An adult who hangs around with kids

If it's the former then you're obviously part of the statistical count of unemployed who moan they can't get a decent job stemming from doing nothing at school.

If it's the middle option then can i suggest that you find a better role model than Dappy from NDubz (i had to endure an interview with him on Radio1 once, was unbearable) as having a gobby chav as a role model won't endear you to any class of girl other than your local group of pregnant yellow gold wearing dregs of society.

Many thanks

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:35 pm

Afternoon, fellas. Nice to see that everybody is getting along so well.

Saves me a lot of work. Thank you so much.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:38 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:Afternoon, fellas. Nice to see that everybody is getting along so well.

Saves me a lot of work. Thank you so much.

How am i supposed to get along with people due to a social ineptness stemming from basing myself in a cocoon of introverted isolation?

And a translation for those who dropped out of school at 16:

Brap brap. Brap. Brap brap brap brap, brap. Brap brap. Blud. Brap brap, brap.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:43 pm

Nice one, coxy. Especially the last line.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:45 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:

a) A kid
b) A chav

If it's the former then you're obviously part of the statistical count of unemployed who moan they can't get a decent job stemming from doing nothing at school.

If it's the middle option then can i suggest that you find a better role model than Dappy from NDubz (i had to endure an interview with him on Radio1 once, was unbearable) as having a gobby chav as a role model won't endear you to any class of girl other than your local group of pregnant yellow gold wearing dregs of society.

Many thanks

Glad you stopped short of explaining what the third option would have entailed Coxy.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:52 pm

rowley wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:

a) A kid
b) A chav

Many thanks

Glad you stopped short of explaining what the third option would have entailed Coxy.

He didn't, jeff. I put that little gem into protective custody.Whistle

Last edited by HumanWindmill on Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by kevchadders Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:53 pm

Final was rubbish, though it was funny seeing Witter do his best superman impression out of the ring into the cameraman.

Really need to sort out the judging as it was clear that Lynes won his bout and his style against Witter would have made for a better final IMO.

I honest believe there was a touch of final fixing going on there.

Last edited by kevchadders on Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

kevchadders

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:54 pm

Sorry Windy read it after you had done the clean up job. Looks like your workload is unlikely to ease up any time soon.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:56 pm

I'm supposed to be retired, too, jeff. No rest for the gentle of disposition, scrupulously fair and thoroughly nice chaps, it would seem.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 08 Jun 2011, 1:01 pm

According to my granddads Saga magazine keeping your mind active is good for those of advncning years. You should be thanking Coxy for his regular transgressions.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed 08 Jun 2011, 1:02 pm

Windy,
Coxy, as he put were you drunk little one as you'll see, forever on the WUM, yeah erm coxy were all 4 foot and alco's NAWWWWWWWWT brap brap brap

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 08 Jun 2011, 1:04 pm

yeah erm coxy were all 4 foot and alco's NAWWWWWWWWT brap brap brap

If that was much further over my head it would have snow on it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 08 Jun 2011, 1:06 pm

rowley wrote:yeah erm coxy were all 4 foot and alco's NAWWWWWWWWT brap brap brap

If that was much further over my head it would have snow on it.

And, ladies and gents, we have our post of the day.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next