The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 2017 Majors

+11
GPB
McLaren
raycastleunited
Davie
sirbenson
I'm never wrong
super_realist
puligny
pedro
kwinigolfer
JAS
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The 2017 Majors - Page 2 Empty The 2017 Majors

Post by JAS Mon 06 Feb 2017, 9:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

After Hideki's and Sergio's winning weekend we have an ever increasing list of potential winners of the big ones in 2017. How do we see things panning out and who will be engraved on the big ones at the end of the year?? I'lll have a stab at

Masters: Matsuyama (because he's too good not to and a first major is surely inevitable anyway)
U.S. Open: McIlroy (because QH was the site of his spectacular 1st PGA tour victory, expect the course to be tougher than for the Fargo but even so)
The Open: Garcia (because it's been 19 years since he won the British amateur at Saunton, he has came close the last time it was in Lancs, and even closer to the last guy who won at Birkdale though not at Birkdale, like Stenson at Troon, way way overdue.
USPGA: Stenson (because he's too good to be a Todd Hamilton who only won at Troon).

Yup that leaves out Day, DJ, Speith, Rose, Scott and a host of others but that's the way I see it.

How do do others see things panning out??

JAS

Back to top Go down

The 2017 Majors - Page 2 Empty Re: The 2017 Majors

Post by Shotrock Thu 09 Feb 2017, 9:14 pm

Agree ... Sergio will retire a multi-millionaire happily into the sunset.

And -- most likely -- with as many majors as you have.

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 10 Feb 2017, 10:04 pm

No reason whatsoever why Sergio won't retire with at least 1. He's 38 right?? DC was 41 at RSG. So 3 more years at least of contending. Whats the relative stats on major top 10s in their 30s between the 2 of them? To me The Open is Sergios best chance, he's come close several times, yes he could do it this year but it would be so much more poetic next year.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2