The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 9 Homepage

+3
dammit_chris
prop_lyd
Sgt_Pooly
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Season 9 Homepage - Page 3 Empty Season 9 Homepage

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 04 Feb 2017, 6:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hartley off, great call

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Season 9 Homepage - Page 3 Empty Re: Season 9 Homepage

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 12 Feb 2017, 4:05 am

anonmattyt wrote:
BamBam wrote:To be fair.. He was called an average carrier not an average tackler!

He is known for his carrying and defence

To
Quote pooly "The 16 missed tackles in 3 tests in NZ would suggest otherwise

And I also said he had improved in defence as you've conveniently ignored. I also said he was a colossus in defence last night, which again, you've ignored. No need to be so utterly graceless at every opportunity you are given Matthew.

Carrying....not so great though with 11m made Very Happy

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 12 Feb 2017, 4:50 am

Cole and marler were even at scrum time but both cleared rucks really well

England had the edge in the scrum all game. I think we got 3 pens to Wales 0 but you always knew we could turn it on if needed. We had a few big efforts in our 22 with Cole turning Rob Evans in.

I thought it was a good all round set piece performance but we don't threaten the opposition throw much with Kruis not playing.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 12 Feb 2017, 5:16 am

Any changes for next week?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 12 Feb 2017, 5:58 am

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Any changes for next week?

You mean 2 weeks?

I'm catching up on second half, was at work during the match, will gve my thoughts soon
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 12 Feb 2017, 6:38 am

VS Italy I think:

15) Daly
14) Nowell
13) Joseph
12) Teo (very tempted to start Farrell and make him captain, but we need to try someone else at 12 and Teo is next in line)
11) May
10) Ford (kicking < than scoring tries vs Italy 
9) Youngs/Care (doesn't really matter)
8) Hughes (though he needs to run less upright than he did today to be an Int level 8 in a team that needs carrying as its 8's primary role)
7) Haskell 
6) Clifford
5) Launchbury (c)
4) Itoje
3) Sinckler (Cole reasonable to start though but we need to groom his back up)
2) George (again, reasonable to give Hartley a run out to see if he gets better, and let's be honest, he will)
1) Marler

Subs: Mako (Genge if he doesn't make it), Taylor (/George), Cole (Sinckler), Lawes, M Williams, Care/Youngs, Farrell, Watson if fit and Brown if not
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 12 Feb 2017, 6:46 am

Not far off what I'd go with CJ. This is the game to try a few things out without going crazy.

1. Marler
2. George
3. Cole
4. Itoje
5. Lawes
6. Wood
7. Haskell
8. Hughes

9. Youngs
10. Farrell - c
11. May
12. Te'o
13. JJ
14. Nowell
15. Daly

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 12 Feb 2017, 9:45 am

Very subjective of course but some good ratings here for both sides. Not a huge fan of these tbh better than your normal bile.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-union/international/wales-vs-england-player-ratings-six-nations-a7575676.html#gallery

Some of the posters on the main board looking a bit silly calling for Sam Davies after that performance from Bigger.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 12 Feb 2017, 2:34 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:VS Italy I think:

15) Daly
14) Nowell
13) Joseph
12) Teo (very tempted to start Farrell and make him captain, but we need to try someone else at 12 and Teo is next in line)
11) May
10) Ford (kicking < than scoring tries vs Italy 
9) Youngs/Care (doesn't really matter)
8) Hughes (though he needs to run less upright than he did today to be an Int level 8 in a team that needs carrying as its 8's primary role)
7) Haskell 
6) Clifford
5) Launchbury (c)
4) Itoje
3) Sinckler (Cole reasonable to start though but we need to groom his back up)
2) George (again, reasonable to give Hartley a run out to see if he gets better, and let's be honest, he will)
1) Marler

Subs: Mako (Genge if he doesn't make it), Taylor (/George), Cole (Sinckler), Lawes, M Williams, Care/Youngs, Farrell, Watson if fit and Brown if not

Good team CJ - Ford needs to stay at no10 as he controls our attack, but then need Farrell for his gk'ing - I'd like to see Teo'o given a start at no13 as JJ seems a little out of sorts in attack so far and we need that gain line breaker, which we haven't really had with our pack so far. Like the back three, Nowell looked very good yesterday and makes a lot of hard yards for us.

Pack is difficult, if Mako is back then gives us a good ball carrying option, as our backrow has been underwhelming massively there, we've missed Robshaw as he did a lot of the hard yards, quite liked the balance when Lawes went to no6 and Itoje moved back into second row. Launchbury went a big way to claiming his shirt back long-term yesterday but again lacks the big carry game but does everything else brilliantly, would like to see him and Itoje start.

Who do you prefer out of YOungs and Care?

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 12 Feb 2017, 3:34 pm

This may be controversial and not having a go, but I was really underwhelmed with Launchbury's performance yesterday. I though he was the worst lock on show amongst some top showings.

Granted, he made a lot of tackles. But, he looked underpowered and got outmuscled by the Welsh pair imo. I thought his tight work was off again and we missed the impact Kruis brings to the ruck and around the park.

Our best lock combo is Kruis and Itoje for me. It has everything and they're great together in the lineout. We didn't threaten the Welsh ball all game, despite them not being great in this department.

I really hope we get Kruis back in time for Ireland and he's sorely missed.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Sun 12 Feb 2017, 3:56 pm

Agree we miss Kruis but launchbury was immense yesterday, helped that lawes was so good and does the dirtier tight work but launch was everywhere.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 12 Feb 2017, 4:53 pm

Launchbury was excellent yesterday, not sure what more you want from him really.

We missed a backrow that was able to impact the rucks as Warburton and Tipuric dominated there, but that was always going to happen with our selection.

We got 100% on our lineout, stopped Welsh getting quick ball - Borthwick's tactics seemed to be spot on there. Itoje and Lawes are excellent lineout operators attacking opposition ball, so it looked like a defensive call not to go for it.

Thing is that was actually a very good Welsh performance and Launch and Lawes put in huge shifts and Itoje was great when he moved from no6 as well. The one player we really miss is Billy Vunipola as we don't have anyone who properly challenges the gain line and that would make a huge difference.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 12 Feb 2017, 5:32 pm

I want physicality from my engine room and Launchbury doesnt really offer this for me.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Feb 2017, 9:28 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EvhHGPCo6X4&sns=fb

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 13 Feb 2017, 3:33 am

is it just one transfer or open window coming up?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 13 Feb 2017, 10:09 am

https://www.606v2.com/t65083-aviva-premiership-round-15-6-nations

Round 15 thread updated.

Plenty of time to get side and tactics in. I don't get on here past Friday morning on my computer (as it's my weekend) so I'm unable to update the page so try your best to get things in.

If you think you're going to struggle, put everything in as soon as possible and there's zero chance of being missed.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3