The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 9 Homepage I

+17
BamBam
Sgt_Pooly
Ozzy3213
SamTheQuin
Cotswoldwolf
Driver
Trebs
Steven_Sharks
dammit_chris
prop_lyd
Hero
Matty
CJB
pullthestrings
ChequeredJersey
SirJohnnyEnglish
stnick88
21 posters

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

Season 9 Homepage I - Page 9 Empty Season 9 Homepage I

Post by Fluxy Mon 13 Feb 2017, 10:09 am

First topic message reminder :

Season 9 Homepage I - Page 9 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Breaking News: Exeter Chiefs nick the automatic Champions Cup spot from Leicester Tigers with victory over relegated Gloucester. Northampton Saints confirm a home semi final spot with a TBP victory over Quins.

Season 9 Homepage I - Page 9 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154

2016/2017 - Newcastle Falcons
2015/2016 - Sale Sharks
2014/2015 – London Wasps
2013/2014 – London Wasps
2012/2013 – Leicester Tigers 
2011/2012 – Newcastle Falcons 
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons 
2009/2010 – Saracens 
2008/2009 - London Irish

POSAviva PremiershipPLAYEDWONDREWLOSTP FP AP DT FT ATBPLBPPOINTS
1Season 9 Homepage I - Page 9 12Sale Sharks*2219126285359374549288
2Season 9 Homepage I - Page 9 9Northampton Saints*2215166145516372587674
3Season 9 Homepage I - Page 9 7Harlequins*2215256025525068583571
4Season 9 Homepage I - Page 9 8Newcastle Falcons    2215255805344663562571
5Season 9 Homepage I - Page 9 11Saracens**2211385635412261553859
6Season 9 Homepage I - Page 9 48Exeter Chiefs *228212543570-27536101247
7Season 9 Homepage I - Page 9 4Leicester Tigers*227411533569-36546301045
8Season 9 Homepage I - Page 9 6Wasps*****229211543587-4461602744
9Season 9 Homepage I - Page 9 25Bristol Rugby226115528570-42556101541
10Season 9 Homepage I - Page 9 57Worcester Warriors*227015539578-39526101441
11Season 9 Homepage I - Page 9 1Bath Rugby****227015540579-39536701438
12Season 9 Homepage I - Page 9 2Gloucester224018539577-38545701733

Links
Welcome to Season 8 of the Aviva Premiership fantasy rugby game.  Below are the rules of the game which must be adhered to.  If there are any situations that arise in the course of the game which are not covered by the rules, a final decision will be made by the RFU (Fluxy) as to how the situation will be resolved.

Senior Squads wrote:
The maximum squad size is 40 senior players.  If a team has more than 40 players in their squad then they will be fined £1 million per player over the permitted amounts per day for the first seven days. If after 7 consecutive days a team still has more than the permitted number of players then the team will be fined £2 million per player per day, and fined 1 league point per player per day for the next seven days. If after this time a team still has more than the permitted number of players in their squad, the RFU (Fluxy) will remove players at its discretion to bring them back under the permitted numbers. There will be no right of appeal to players being removed.

Be aware that all tier one international matches which are played during the season will count in the game, and players selected in the match day 23's for those matches will not be eligible to play for their clubs on that weekend, therefore you must give due consideration to the make-up of your squad.
Academy Rules wrote:
Each team will be allowed to have an academy squad of 23 players.  Players who are in the academy must be born on or after 1st September 1994. 

Any player, who is at any Premiership club in real life, either in their senior, academy or AASE squads, can be bid for on the domestic bidding page. Players who are at your own club in real life and are coming through the academy system must be bid for if you want them in your own academy.
Transfers wrote:

• Domestic (other AP Teams)
    Each team has a budget to use in the purchase of players. Domestic transfers between AP clubs, regardless of nationality of player, should be negotiated between the respective managers, and then confirmed on the Domestic Transfer Confirmation Page.
  • Domestic (Championship and below)
    Each team may during the season purchase no more than 5 players from the Championship or the National Leagues. Worcester Warriors & London Wasps will receive two additional bids to be used exclusively on academy age players. These players must be bid for on the National League Bidding page, and each bid will be considered by the RFU on its own merits before being accepted or rejected.  No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.
  • Foreign
    To make a foreign transfer (i.e. from any club outside of the AP, regardless of whether the player is English) a bid should be made by sending a PM to the RFU (Fluxy) and it will be considered by the RFU against the posted guidelines for purchase prices before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

There will be a summer foreign transfer window, which will run as follows.

Round Bidding 

Open Bidding

Player Releases wrote:
Managers may choose to release players from their clubs, for which they will be offered compensation

Compensation will be paid as follows

£2 million – current international (must have played international rugby in the previous 12 months)
£1.5 million – former international
£1m – top flight experience
£0.5m – other

All released players will be deemed to have joined a Championship side and can be bid for on the National League Bidding page.
Retirements wrote:
There will be no compensation for retiring players. Should a player who retires decide to come out of retirement and play again, then he will automatically go back to the club who he was playing for in the game when he retired.
Fixtures wrote:
There will be 22 Aviva Premiership games per season, plus the play offs. There will also be European Rugby Champions Cup, European Rugby Challenge Cup and Anglo Welsh Cup matches. These games will take place once a week. A match thread will be put up every Monday. Home teams must be named by midnight on Tuesday. Away teams must be named by midnight on Wednesday. Failure to meet these deadlines is punishable by the addition of three match points to the oppositions final score, unless both sides fail to do so. Both teams must provide tactics by midnight on Thursday. Predictions will be open from 00:01 hours on Friday and remain open until 20:00 hours on Sunday. Managers will pm the scores that they think will happen from these games (apart from games in which they are involved). An average of all predictions will be taken, and then 0.5 points added to each teams score for each prediction that had them as the winner, and that will then be the final score.

Managers are asked to provide detail as to why they have predicted a result. To be considered a descriptive prediction this must be a full 3 lines long when entered into the text box. 
Teams wrote:
When naming your team, not only should you put the starting XV and replacements, but also tactics that your team will employ. Results will be affected by the tactics described.

In addition, each team must have the following:-

For domestic competition at least 8 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 4 of those must be in your starting XV.

For European competition at least 8 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 6 of those must be in your starting XV.

At least 2 props and 1 hooker on the bench.

All players must be eligible (not injured or banned).

Failure to comply with these rules will result in a 1 league point deduction.

If you fail to submit a team for a match, then the other team will be automatically awarded a 30-0 bonus point win. If both teams fail to submit a team, then it will be scored as a 0-0 draw.
Injuries and Suspensions wrote:
Injuries in this game do NOT reflect real life, they will be generated by me.

Players banned in real life will be ineligible for selection in this game for the duration of the ban.

Inclusion of injured/banned players will result in them being replaced by players on the bench, and the bench not having eight players, which may result in punishment if it concerns the front-row.

Punishment for fielding an ineligible player will be loss of one match point.
Financial Rewards wrote:
There will be no rewards for the result of an individual match, instead the managers will receive cash for predicting.

£2m for descriptive predictions 
£0.25m for scores on the doors predictions
Bonuses will be awarded on a scaled basis i.e. £2m for 5 games, £1.6m for 4 games and so on
If you fail to predict without first advising me that you are unable to do so that week, you will be fined £1m for a first offence, £2m for a second offence, £3m for a third offence etc upto a maximum of £5m per fine.

AP finishing positions.

Champions: £8m
Runners Up: £6m
Playoff Semi Finalist Losers: £5m
5th: £4m
6th: £3.5m
7th: £3m
8th: £2.5m
9th: £2m
10th: £1.5m
11th: £1m
12th: £0.5m

Heineken Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £2 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £3 million each
Runners Up - £4 million
Champions - £5 million

Amlin Challenge Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £1 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £2 million each
Runners Up - £3 million
Champions - £4 million

Anglo-Welsh Cup

Losing Semi Finalist - £1 million each
Runners Up - £2 million
Champions - £3 million

If your budgets falls below minus £10 million for any reason, the administrators (Fluxy) will step in and players from within your squad will be released for the relevant financial compensation (foreign transfer value) in order to bring your budget back above minus £10 million.

Last edited by Fluxy on Mon 07 Aug 2017, 3:09 pm; edited 23 times in total

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Season 9 Homepage I - Page 9 Empty Re: Season 9 Homepage I

Post by Cotswoldwolf Sun 16 Apr 2017, 6:13 pm

Men what are these attributes ? Read the page and look odd. Do they matter ?

Also what's the view on scrummaging ?

I have Beast who in my opinion one of top 3 lh. Strauss or Cowan dickie who are decent and Figallo who is great ( better 4 years ago ) followed by Etzbeth ( best lock in world ) and Lavanini/ Gray ( both great Locks)

How are Glos losing with that front 5 ? Front 5 sets the tone and helps backrow play.

Moriarty Savea and Heaslip is super nice.

Obviously English qualified issue but having done a review of all your squads can't see a much better pack ( sale and saints look tasty)

Cotswoldwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 16 Apr 2017, 6:42 pm

Unfortuantly you dont predo your oen side Wink

Figallo just AP standard these days, you could do better.

Etzebeth long way from best in world, I think we generally have him 5-10 when we did top 10's. Rest are just ok.

Backrow ok but missing top class, could with a big carrier as Heaslip/Moriarty dont imo.

Good squad, certainly better than league position. Last manager was a bit useless at team selection, Croft at 6 constantly for example.

All opinions but you improve at: 3 (def), 5, flank. Your pack needs improving really and def EQ.

Get rid of some of your hbs!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotswoldwolf Sun 16 Apr 2017, 9:02 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Unfortuantly you dont predo your oen side Wink

Figallo just AP standard these days, you could do better.

Etzebeth long way from best in world, I think we generally have him 5-10  when we did top 10's. Rest are just ok.

Backrow ok but missing top class, could with a big carrier as Heaslip/Moriarty dont imo.

Good squad, certainly better than league position. Last manager was a bit useless at team selection, Croft at 6 constantly for example.

All opinions but you improve at: 3 (def), 5, flank. Your pack needs improving really and def EQ.

Get rid of some of your hbs!

Croft at 6 ???!?

Croft was good many years ago but should be put out to pasture.

Moriarty and Heaslip top class for me.

as a 6 Moriarty great and as an 8 he still plays like a 6 but had a great 6n doing it.

Wales lack a quality 8. Faletau an athlete but no carrier.
Moriarty and Warburton good carriers and would work with faletau.
Tipuric is a luxury player for
Me and lions should
Remember how bad he was
Last tour. Off bench he is great and has hands like no other nh backrow/

Billy vun lions 8 easily with Heaslip best after that. Hopefully Warburton captain as a 7 with stander or o brien as 6:

Long way to go thougtn

Cotswoldwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 16 Apr 2017, 9:40 pm

Moriarty has really stepped up his defence but doesnt add much more, top class is a bit ott. Heaalip another whos about 6 years past his best but can still put in a big perfomance. Backrow just needs some balance.

Have to remember that its other managers that judge your players and not you! Lol

If you judged your own the last Gloucester manager would have walked the league every year instead of actually being 2nd bottom!

Good squad to start with anyway Pete, neefs EQ and balancing a bit.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotswoldwolf Sun 16 Apr 2017, 10:43 pm

Will take a look sgt pooly.

Will not make changes for a while.

Looking at squads saints look a way above everyone with Sale also strong. After that looks a real mix.

I need English players desperately. What kind of deal am I looking at to get them.

Looks like most decent English are in a few sides and rest make do

Cotswoldwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 17 Apr 2017, 5:18 am

Sale have the best squad currently, they've won the league for the last two years. Saints are great, have the best EQ. Quins very good, have the an amazing academy, Falcons strong too. After that it's pretty close.

It's a great game, full of different opinions. Just have to not take it too seriously and don't get annoyed. We've got a great bunch of the minute with no tension, hopefully you'll take to it.

Flux does a great job for little reward.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotswoldwolf Mon 17 Apr 2017, 8:30 am

Sorry lads I seem to be monopolising the thread. What happens if I get relegated ?

Cotswoldwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Mon 17 Apr 2017, 6:46 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/39624348

The idea of JJ not getting on the plane is absolutely absurd!

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 17 Apr 2017, 6:53 pm

I wouldnt be overly surprised with Gatland calling the shots. Launchbury less of a shock, plenty of other top options in a competive area.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 17 Apr 2017, 7:19 pm

I for one can't wait to see how many currently, recently or soon to be badly injured players Gatland picks then forces to play before they are ready
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Tue 18 Apr 2017, 8:15 am

So who is waking up today and getting the call to be the Lions captain do you reckon?

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 18 Apr 2017, 8:20 am

Fluxy wrote:So who is waking up today and getting the call to be the Lions captain do you reckon?

I had a missed call from a UK number.....

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Tue 18 Apr 2017, 8:27 am

Still on the run are you...? Wink

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 18 Apr 2017, 8:28 am

Warburton will have it. Can't see AWJ as he won't be first choice lock, or shouldn't be when compared to form of the other players.

Very surprised with the reports that JJ and Launchbury aren't going to make the tour, also very unfortunate for Robshaw who got injured at the wrong time as he was playing some great rugby. No surprises with Ford, Brown not making it. That one game against Ireland has really shifted the makeup of the squad.

Can tell what game Gatland is playing if JJ doesnt make it and Teo'o gets the call as a wildcard.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Tue 18 Apr 2017, 8:30 am

Wouldn't be surprised for Brown to make it actually. Solid pair of hands and brings the big game mentality. You can tell I listen to Will Greenwood!

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 18 Apr 2017, 8:32 am

Fluxy wrote:Still on the run are you...? Wink

Haha.....of course!

Launchbury is indeed playing well but he's not as physical as AWJ, I can see why Gatland is including him. Kruis is better in the lineout and Itoje the better player. I rate Launchbury and he's in form but it's a very competitive position, you can understand him losing out.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 18 Apr 2017, 8:34 am

He'd make a great tour member, but can see Gatland wanting to take Halfpenny, whilst Hogg is first choice and you'd say Kearney was a better bet.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 18 Apr 2017, 8:34 am

Halfpenny and Kearney shouldn't be there but this is Gatland.....

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 18 Apr 2017, 8:49 am

Lauchbury was pushed as one of the players of the 6Nations, got 2 motm for England games and played his best rugby in years. I don't think the Irish lads played that well until the final game against England - personally would have taken 5 locks, Lawes, Launch, AWJ and J Gray, with Itoje being used as a lock/backrower.

Then have all the Irish backrowers, who were excellent - can only see BV making it from our back row, Haskell and Robshaw both incredibly unfortunate with injuries this season, Robshaw was playing some great rugby before he got crocked.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 18 Apr 2017, 9:14 am

I said Launchbury was playing well but it's a competitive position. It all depends what Gatland wants from his pack I guess. I would 100% include Kruis, he's one of the best lineout locks about at the minute.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 18 Apr 2017, 11:50 am

Was quite an interesting one on ESPN, added up all the people who appeared most in their British & Irish Lions team of the week to come up with their team. Not a bad team!

http://www.espn.co.uk/espn/story/_/id/19164745/the-ultimate-british-irish-lions-team-week

Emergence of Ringrose this season could have made it difficult for JJ.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 18 Apr 2017, 11:57 am

Not bad but you could pick around 5 or 6 better players to start I think.

I don't get the Ringrose inclusion tbh. I can understand Gatland picking JD as he's a lump and a good defender, in the Gatland style of play. Ringrose is just an inferior JJ at this moment in time though, totally bizarre.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Tue 18 Apr 2017, 12:07 pm

Ringrose has potential and been on good form but JJ offers more all round. Really odd decision to leave him out if true.

I think Haskell can feel hard done by if Tipuric is in over him.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 18 Apr 2017, 12:41 pm

Actually looking at the centres, possibly likely that Ringrose will miss out too - Henshaw, Farrell, Teo'o, JD, Daly seem to be the ones getting the mention. Can't work out how Teo'o gets ahead of JJ, must think he needs a power runner as 10/12 must be Sexton/Farrell.

Haskell hasn't played very well since the Aussie tour Nick, he was fantastic in that but his toe injury and then head knocks has hampered him this season.

Saying Ken Owens likely to get in ahead of Hartley, can't see that one either - last few AP games and Hartley has played very well and back to fitness - was better than George this weekend.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 18 Apr 2017, 12:55 pm

Indeed he was Chris.

Daly will be a last resort 13 in that list. If JJ is missing out due to defensive worries, Daly has no chance of playing there.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Tue 18 Apr 2017, 2:17 pm

You can see Daly being a bench player, covering 11,13,14,15.

You wouldn't feel comfortable Daly being the starting 13 as the AB's would target him. It would seem Gatland wants a bigger 13 so Henshaw has a good chance.

Not sure how Henderson gets in over Launchbury but that might be English bias.

The scots will be livid that neither Gray gets in!

(assuming all these reports are true)

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 18 Apr 2017, 3:07 pm

Jonny had a fair shout, Richie not so much. Henderson is another great bench player covering a few positions, more physical than Launchbury too. It looks like we're going to try and outmuscle them.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 18 Apr 2017, 3:52 pm

http://www.premiershiprugby.com/news/en-curry-tom-marshall-chris-robshaw-jack-yeandle-and-jason-woodward-top-the-opta-rugby-rankings/
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 18 Apr 2017, 3:54 pm

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/team-of-the-week-super-rugby-22/
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Tue 18 Apr 2017, 4:29 pm

I mean with injuries its almost certain that 10 or so of the first selected squad won't make a test selection meeting with games before and on the tour so I fully expect JJ and Launch to be called out late and play a part in the tour.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 18 Apr 2017, 6:58 pm

Sky News saying Jamie Roberts has been selected in the squad. Really hoped we'd move away from the Welsh style that hasn't worked for the last decade or so.

I'm surprised they are only taking 38 players, the itinerary for that tour is insane.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 18 Apr 2017, 10:43 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2017/04/18/british-irish-lionsdylan-hartley-miss-jamie-roberts-earns-shock/

Sounds like the Lions squad leaked to Telegraph - really disappointed in some areas. 1 Scottish player...12 Welsh players. Amazed by that.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 19 Apr 2017, 12:37 am

Annoyingly I wanted Hartley to tour mostly so we could see how we do without him in Argentina
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 19 Apr 2017, 5:01 am

Halfpenny - Adds pretty much nothing apart from goal kicking and defence
Earls - Seriously???
Roberts - wtf!!!!

Apart from that, no real complaints.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Wed 19 Apr 2017, 7:47 am

In fairness stats wise Earls was one of the best performing wings of the 6 nations  Whistle

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 19 Apr 2017, 7:57 am

SirJohnnyEnglish wrote:In fairness stats wise Earls was one of the best performing wings of the 6 nations  Whistle

C'mon....there's plenty of better wings than Earls!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Wed 19 Apr 2017, 8:07 am

If thats the squad North, Williams, Nowell & Watson are all in. After that its Earls/Zebo/Seymour for a spot. Personally would take Daly as utility leave Earls at home and take JJ. Can't see Daly getting game time at 13 outside of warm ups which won't be easy with All Blacks available for the first few games

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 19 Apr 2017, 8:09 am

Yea agree, midfield is underwhelming. Fecking Gatland.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Wed 19 Apr 2017, 8:12 am

Teo in over JJ means Warrenbal. Roberts & Halfpenny stand out a mile in that selection. Neither have done anything in some time.

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 19 Apr 2017, 10:21 am

Halfpenny been very good for Toulon though, defensively sound and up there with Farrell as top kicker. He offers next to nothing in attack though. He was always going to go when Kearney picked up a knock and Brown never a favourite amongst anyone who isn't English.

Warburton been pictured with the management and coaches as the confirmed captain now - no surprise there. Would have him Webb, Williams as the only really deserving Welsh players to make the tour. The rest have been underwhelming for the last 2 seasons and Scotland outplayed them massively this year.

Would have picked Hamish Watson over Tipuric and found a place for Jonny Gray and Finn Russell, must be the fewest Scots players ever picked in a Lions team?

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 19 Apr 2017, 10:29 am

It's crazy Chris, some of the Welsh inclusions are baffling.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Wed 19 Apr 2017, 10:45 am

Finn Russell isn't up to it for me, could see him crumbling under pressure. Ford or biggar better options.

Jonny Gray arguably could have gone although a lot of pundits agree that whilst he makes a lot of tackles, he isn't physical enough and doesn't push the players back in the tackle, tends to make the tackle but allow players to make yards. You don't get that with Lawes.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 19 Apr 2017, 10:52 am

I'd agree with both those points Nick.

Russell and to a lesser extent, Ford, are game changers who at their best rip teams to shreds. Only problem is, at their worst, they can be pretty awful (again, Ford to lesser extent). I'd have took Bigger over both as he's very solid and capable of some quality performances.

With Sexton, Farrell and Bigger.....why the hell do we need Halfpenny?

Gray is a class act but he's not massively physical, in a very similar way to Launchbury. Both are like hybrid backrow/locks with great engines and work rates. The locks selected are set piece guys with physicality, you can see where Gatland is going with this, if it is indeed true.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 19 Apr 2017, 10:59 am

For me, the Lions tour is about bringing in players from all the nations though - I agree completely with you Nick and I prefer Ford as his passing game could have caused the ABs defence some issues, but one Scot pick isn't right.

Seems more biased than the squad SCW took there in 2005.

I know Hartley didnt have a great 6Nations, but his club form has really picked up and he had his first really good game against Sarries this weekend, but he has led England to two great seasons and surely you can't not bring someone with captaincy experience - even if he were to play in the midweek games.

Not sure Best or Owens have the best darts when the pressure comes on.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 19 Apr 2017, 11:02 am

Hartley should tour and he may yet as he's surely next in line.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 19 Apr 2017, 11:10 am

Yeah like Steve said yesterday there will likely be a lot of injuries.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 19 Apr 2017, 11:11 am

There was stacks last time, even Wade & Twelvetrees made it in!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 19 Apr 2017, 11:52 am

Looks like Telegraph got it wrong.

Roberts apparently not in the squad and Jared Payne has made the cut.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Wed 19 Apr 2017, 12:01 pm

Jared Payne?! behave!!

we will find out in the next half hour either way

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 19 Apr 2017, 12:04 pm

Haha:

This just in from Gavin Mairs...

It is understood that Ulster and Ireland centre Jared Payne has made cut for Lions squad but no Donnacha Ryan or Keith Earls

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next