The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lucky, lucky #%$%#!

+2
sirfredperry
reckoner
6 posters

Go down

Lucky, lucky #%$%#! Empty Lucky, lucky #%$%#!

Post by reckoner Thu 16 Feb 2017, 1:52 pm

https://twitter.com/geniebouchard/status/832019611277144064

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Lucky, lucky #%$%#! Empty Re: Lucky, lucky #%$%#!

Post by reckoner Thu 16 Feb 2017, 1:53 pm

back story : http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2693297-eugenie-bouchard-goes-on-date-with-fan-after-super-bowl-bet-on-twitter

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Fri 17 Feb 2017, 8:11 am

Asked whether there would be a second date, Bouchard replied: "For sure." Think she was surprised the guy was kinda, you know...normal.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 17 Feb 2017, 9:12 am

sirfredperry wrote:Asked whether there would be a second date, Bouchard replied: "For sure." Think she was surprised the guy was kinda, you know...normal.

Can't be anyone on here then.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Fri 17 Feb 2017, 4:22 pm

you old misanthrope Julius

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Fri 17 Feb 2017, 4:22 pm

second date official : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39006541

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Feb 2017, 1:31 pm

This forum is dead. Days go by no one posts. A certain moderator killed this forum with the OTT moderating and it's never recovered. All the prolific posters have left.

There's no debate, no banter - nothing.

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sun 19 Feb 2017, 4:44 pm

I guess that's a natural consequence when a forum kicks out anyone with an opinion and replaces them with anodyne politically correct sheep Smile

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Sun 19 Feb 2017, 8:44 pm

emancipator wrote:This forum is dead. Days go by no one posts. A certain moderator killed this forum with the OTT moderating and it's never recovered. All the prolific posters have left.

You've put your finger on it.

There were more than enough signs of what was happening, modding-wise ; but for whatever reason no top-level action was taken whilst there was still chance to make necessary changes and thus rescue the situation.

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Mon 20 Feb 2017, 10:49 am

I've been off the forum for ages (partly because it was just no fun anymore). Has this overzealous moderator gone now?

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by timex please Mon 20 Feb 2017, 11:04 am

The forum seemed to come alive over the AO, but I agree that it seems to have been dying a slow death.  I haven't posted much in years, but continued to enjoy reading the posts especially those of some of the real characters of the forum.  Bogbrush's incisive humour and Socal's wild hyperbole and wit brightened up many a coffee break!

I think we all should have realised that a bit of controversy gets people reading and debating.  In my opinion this forum has long been in danger of being held to ransom by a significant minority who appealed to the founders/moderators over every perceived slight.  It is not probably a sensible decision to allow people who profess that they have been 'scarred' by debate on a forum to call the shots.

timex please

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Mon 20 Feb 2017, 11:42 am

Whilst I certainly wouldn't agree with every moderation decision Temp made, I think too much blame is being pushed that way. The forum was gradually dying anyway, partially due to the fact that topics which usually form the life-blood of tennis forums (such as GOAT debates) were basically banned.

BB and Socal are the main posters I think who left due to moderation. My view on that particular incident, sadly, was that they were both out of line. They were having a spat and got asked (rightly in my view) to take it to PM rather than derailing a thread. They refused and got suspended for a couple of days. Socal then, as I recall, published an article abusing the moderator concerned and, understandably, got a longer ban. Even that was then reduced (at the instigation of the same moderator) to allow Socal to post when Novak reached a final (RG at a guess) but he still didn't accept he'd done anything wrong.

Sadly, as both posters brought something to the forum, the mods cannot pander to posters who behave like that.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Mon 20 Feb 2017, 11:48 am

As for the actual topic, the cynic in me sees this as great marketing by Bouchard. She's had a lot of positive column inches over this. I doubt she'd have gone through with it if the guy wasn't presentable. I suspect we won't hear much more of it after date 2 and she'll say he was a great guy but there were difficulties given her tour commitments etc.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Mon 20 Feb 2017, 12:01 pm

Oh I dunno Born Slippy - love's young dream and all that, you never know what'll happen!

Even if it was a PR stunt, it was a much need fun news item amidst the ongoing Brexit car crash and Trumpballs.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by timex please Mon 20 Feb 2017, 12:04 pm

I haven't been around enough to remember or have noticed a specific incident BS, I am just making a comment on the hypersensitive reaction on a lot of threads which were going to result in either an equally big counter reaction or people just losing interest.  Even JHM seems to have lost a little bit of that wonderful sardonic take on life!

It is a nice story Bouchard and the fan!

timex please

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Mon 20 Feb 2017, 12:42 pm

All respect & credit to the Bouchard date guy for remaining (seemingly ?) calm and normal when she actually turned up.

I'm pretty sure I would have been reduced to a quivering jelly amidst a general sense of parallel world bizarre-dom. Then again, perhaps I might have had the same effect on her ....... chin

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Mon 20 Feb 2017, 2:07 pm

timex please wrote:I haven't been around enough to remember or have noticed a specific incident BS, I am just making a comment on the hypersensitive reaction on a lot of threads which were going to result in either an equally big counter reaction or people just losing interest.  Even JHM seems to have lost a little bit of that wonderful sardonic take on life!

It is a nice story Bouchard and the fan!

Oh, I agreed entirely with your post. I've never understood why tennis forums seem to be so much more hypersensitive than other sport forums. I was responding to earlier posts basically blaming one moderator for the death of the forum.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down