The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exeter will win the Jeff this year?

+3
beshocked
rosbif
kingelderfield
7 posters

Go down

Exeter will win the Jeff this year? Empty Exeter will win the Jeff this year?

Post by kingelderfield Sat 04 Mar 2017, 6:44 am

At the beginning of the season I obviously correctly determined that Wasps will win the Jeff/Grand Tour double with Wade scoring and converting the winning try's.
Now it's not that I was in anyway mistaken but it does appear that on current form and specifically forward strength, that the incongruous 'Chief's' are going to win the Jeff as well.
Again, obviously I'll be correct on both counts, but to put the finer points of reality to one side for a moment, it has to be accepted that they are the form team and with only a couple of players on international duty are the leased effected and so require the minimal amount of player reintrogration going forward.
Will there be Lions at Sandy park? I doubt many, or perhaps even any, which at once is both selectorially criminal though to my mind a blessing.
Chief's to win with Wasps to do the double fantasy. Whatever transpires I tip my hat to Mr Baxter and hope his incrimental progress continues.
Final observation Is to say that its interesting that with the tapas 14 aside, how only nationally the NZ provinces are thriving by comparison to the top Jeff sides?

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

Exeter will win the Jeff this year? Empty Re: Exeter will win the Jeff this year?

Post by kingelderfield Sat 04 Mar 2017, 7:42 am

Surely the Irish provinces are also going well?

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

Exeter will win the Jeff this year? Empty Re: Exeter will win the Jeff this year?

Post by rosbif Sat 04 Mar 2017, 10:13 am

Breaking News as the entire England squad has been picked for the Lions Eddie has announced he taking the Chiefs to Argentina to represent England.

rosbif

http://www.brittanygite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kingelderfield Sun 05 Mar 2017, 12:08 pm

None of England's players are available for the Lions - Jones directive 38

'see me in Argentina or forget my face'

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

Post by kingelderfield Sun 05 Mar 2017, 11:30 pm

As for Exeter winning the Jeff, both Saracens and Wasps have 'champions' semi finals to attend to whereas Exeter only have the inconvenience of the additional anglo welsh finals (as does Saracens).

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 06 Mar 2017, 8:40 am

Exeter might be the form team but Wasps are in good form and Saracens have won their last 2.

I think in terms of overall team strength and squad it's still in my opinion

1)Saracens
2)Wasps
3) Exeter

but Saracens and Wasps have had more international call ups and fatigue of key players comes in.

Wasps more likely to bow out in the ERCC quarter finals though and if this happens they'll be better placed to make the AP final.

Saracens have the superior H2H vs both Wasps and Exeter but fighting in both the AP and ERCC at the same time is tough.

Exeter will likely have to beat at least one of Wasps or Saracens, they are capable of it but it's not easy.

I'd say Wasps will be favourites if they lose to Leinster away because they can just focus on the AP.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Tue 07 Mar 2017, 6:59 pm

I think Sarries have dropped down as of late.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 08 Mar 2017, 4:54 am

Despite getting the win at our place, Sarries didn't look that great. We mostly gifted them points, albeit with their strong defence forcing things and it was a pretty close game really.

Exeter on the other hand schooled up. Their pack was very impressive and when they stepped it up they took us to the cleaners.

Saracens know how to win but Exeter certainly look to be the bet side coming towards the business end.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Wed 08 Mar 2017, 9:03 am

Saravens have the strongest first choice side.
There issue is going be focus with a higher number of players involved in tests and looking at the Lions. On top of that they are likely playing more high pressure Euro games.
Maintaining consistently high performances through the season could be difficult, and as it stands there's a fair chance they will have to beat both Wasps and Exeter in the playoffs.
Finishing top will make a big difference, there's a fair gulf down to the 4th place side.
So all in I'd make whoever finishes top of the table as favourites. Right now Wasps are in the best position to do that...but the gap isn't big and that's only one small edge.
So short answer ...God knows. All of the top 3 have a fair chance, it would be a big surprise if anyone else crashed the party.

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Wed 08 Mar 2017, 2:59 pm

kingelderfield wrote:As for Exeter winning the Jeff, both Saracens and Wasps have 'champions' semi finals to attend to whereas Exeter only have the inconvenience of the additional anglo welsh finals (as does Saracens).

You mean QF's surely

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by kingelderfield Wed 08 Mar 2017, 9:23 pm

Thanks geoff999rugby, QF's indeed.

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down