The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye weight strategy for the fight?

+8
pauline1981
Steffan
HumanWindmill
Rowley
Sugar Boy Sweetie
88Chris05
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
MickeyGoldmill
12 posters

Go down

Haye weight strategy for the fight? Empty Haye weight strategy for the fight?

Post by MickeyGoldmill Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:11 pm

Will Haye come is around the 15 st mark like against Audley to allow him to be quick on his feet and explosive? Or will he come in at the higher 15/16 stone mark so his shots will some heat on them?

Does the weight play a big part in the outcome of this fight?

MickeyGoldmill

Back to top Go down

Haye weight strategy for the fight? Empty Re: Haye weight strategy for the fight?

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:17 pm

He will come as light as he did as he did against audley. He needs to be quick on his feet and has to have quick hands. I'm sure that despite being so light he can generate enough Power to KO wlad

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Haye weight strategy for the fight? Empty Re: Haye weight strategy for the fight?

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:18 pm

MickeyGoldmill wrote:Does the weight play a big part in the outcome of this fight?

In my opinion, no. Haye could come in anywhere between 210 lb and 225 lb for me without improving / harming his chances too much either way. It's hard to say how much (if at all) coming in at 210 lb helped him against Harrison, as he hardly had to exert himself to win that fight, and his 'in and out speed' seemed solid enough against Valuev, where he tipped the scales at 218 lb if I remember correctly.

I also don't think that he's necessarily going to hit any harder by virtue of simply coming in at a higher weight. I think we've seen enough to suggest that, up at Heavyweight, Haye is a very good puncher rather than the devastating one he was south of 200 lb. It's the speed, accuracy and frequency of his shots which will cause Klitschko problems, rather than the sheer brute force of them. At least that's how I see it.

For what it's worth, I think Haye will come in somewhere around the 217 lb mark.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:21 pm

I dont think being 10lb heavier will make haye hit any harder, power is generated by speed and technique and is also a natural attribute, adding weight doesn't really make you a bigger hitter. Hayes biggest advantage against wlad is his speed and athleticism - he won't want to negate any of this by bulking up. He came in light against audley who is about wlads size and probably has a similar standard of chin - he was still able to hit hard enough to rock audley to his boots so I expect to see him about the same size for wlad. The difference will not be whether wlad can take his punches any better than audley could - it'll be how much harder to hit he is and how much he'll return fire while haye is waiting for his opportunity, those are the areas where haye will come undone if he can't make something count in the first 6 rounds.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:23 pm

Think the weight issue is something of a red herring. As chris has rightly said there is little to no evidence that increasing weight will increase his power by any relevant amount, if indeed it does at all but is more than likely it will reduce his mobility and speed so for me it needs to be avoided.

Would also say there needs to be an acceptance that irrepsective of his weight Haye will be the weaker guy in the clinches and so as long as he carries enough weight not to be totally thrown around or bullied by Wlad he should avoid excessive weight gain. Personally think anywhere south of 220 should be ok. Any more could be foolish as the reduced speed could hurt him.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:30 pm

I don't believe that it will be a major issue.

I'm one of the few who doesn't believe that ' hit and run ' is the way to beat Wlad, unless such tactics allow Haye to land very big and fairly early. If Klitschko hasn't tasted heavy artillery during the first two or three rounds I fear that Haye's chances will diminish with every passing moment. A solid slipping, blocking and countering technique would conserve Haye's energy over the long haul and render him a danger however long the fight might last, but that's not normally his style.

Regardless of his weight, Haye has to land big and early to stand any chance, in my opinion.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:36 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:Regardless of his weight, Haye has to land big and early to stand any chance, in my opinion.

Agreed if Haye doesnt KO or at least rock Wlad during the first 4 rounds then I think he will get stopped later on or lose by a big points margin

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline1981 Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:37 pm

my advice to haye is keep eating the pies

pauline1981

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:42 pm

Being heavier does make you hit harder and long as you can stay fast.

Mass x Acceleration = Force.

You need the right balance.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:47 pm

I think something around the weight he came in at for Audley would be perfect. He certainly needs to be fast to evade that jab, but also needs to pack a wallop for when he slips it/gets in range.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:50 pm

ian_jamsie wrote:Being heavier does make you hit harder and long as you can stay fast.

Mass x Acceleration = Force.

You need the right balance.
He won't be being fired out of a cannon at him though will he so it's negligible what real advantage he will have if he's a tad heavier.

Agreed, that Haye needs to get Wlad's respect early. Land a few big shots and there's every chance Wlad goes into defensive mode, thus increasing the possibility that he doesn't get his jab working (as his left hand will be protecting his face). If Wlad goes into his shell like Audley did, the fight is Haye's to take as and when he chooses.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevchadders Tue 07 Jun 2011, 1:02 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:I don't believe that it will be a major issue.

I'm one of the few who doesn't believe that ' hit and run ' is the way to beat Wlad, unless such tactics allow Haye to land very big and fairly early. If Klitschko hasn't tasted heavy artillery during the first two or three rounds I fear that Haye's chances will diminish with every passing moment. A solid slipping, blocking and countering technique would conserve Haye's energy over the long haul and render him a danger however long the fight might last, but that's not normally his style.

Regardless of his weight, Haye has to land big and early to stand any chance, in my opinion.

Agreed.

On top of that I would also like to add Haye utilising his jab more. When we talk about jabs between these two only Wlad's gets mentioned but Haye has a concussive jab as well when used, and I believe if he can stay in the pocket, feint and land it with authority it will certainly help to deter Wlad and get him in a more defensive mode as Dave alludes to.

For examples of Haye's jab you only need to look at the shots he put Ruiz on the floor with in the first round. There is a hell of a lot of power behind them when used.

kevchadders

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue 07 Jun 2011, 1:33 pm

Speed beats weight, Haye will come in at around 15.7 if he has a brain, which i suspect he does, and will win the fight in the 4th round imo

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue 07 Jun 2011, 1:34 pm

coming in at 210 lb helped him against Harrison, as he hardly had to exert himself to win that fight
If Haye came in at 10 stone he'd of won that fight, all you need against a BUM like Harrison is to throw more than 3 punches a round

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 07 Jun 2011, 1:38 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:coming in at 210 lb helped him against Harrison, as he hardly had to exert himself to win that fight
If Haye came in at 10 stone he'd of won that fight, all you need against a BUM like Harrison is to throw more than 3 punches a round

If you read my post again, you'll see that I said there can be no way of telling from that fight whether or not being so light is an advantage or not for Haye, not that it proved 210 lb to be his optimum weight.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down