The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seth Rollins vs. Triple H - Non-sanctioned Match

+6
Crimey
marty2086
Engel Harlequin
Good Golly I'm Olly
Fernando
Dolphin Ziggler
10 posters

Go down

Seth Rollins vs. Triple H - Non-sanctioned Match Empty Seth Rollins vs. Triple H - Non-sanctioned Match

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 01 Apr 2017, 6:58 pm

Discuss the match in here - All pre-event spoilers (dirtsheet rumours and bookmakers odds included) to be put in spoilers boxes please.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Seth Rollins vs. Triple H - Non-sanctioned Match Empty Re: Seth Rollins vs. Triple H - Non-sanctioned Match

Post by Fernando Mon 03 Apr 2017, 4:47 am

winner:

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Seth Rollins vs. Triple H - Non-sanctioned Match Empty Re: Seth Rollins vs. Triple H - Non-sanctioned Match

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 03 Apr 2017, 9:44 am

Thought this was a very good match - a bit surprised there was no interference from Joe...but the match built nicely and I enjoyed the finish (fair play to Steph for taking a bump too). Hopefully Rollins is healthy enough to come back full time soon
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Engel Harlequin Mon 03 Apr 2017, 2:26 pm

This match was god awful. Sorry Olly and all but this was a match built on hatred in an unsanctioned environment. The story in ring suggested otherwise. The structure was poor anyway. Half a match working the knee only fir rollins to hit a load of sigs that affected his knee and completely no sell.

Cool moment HHH setting up the pepsi plunge.

Engel Harlequin

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 03 Apr 2017, 3:25 pm

Engel Harlequin wrote:This match was god awful. Sorry Olly and all but this was a match built on hatred in an unsanctioned environment. The story in ring suggested otherwise. The structure was poor anyway. Half a match working the knee only fir rollins to hit a load of sigs that affected his knee and completely no sell.

How did he no sell? He crumpled at one point hitting a move and hitting the Pedigree he sold pain from his knee after it

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 03 Apr 2017, 4:24 pm

This was an alright match, I do agree that it had the problem that it wasn't brutal enough considering the story told around it but generally it was a good match. I'd have liked to have seen Seth use a different finisher to end it especially as they kept doing the Pedigree reversal spots. He's not very good at hitting it and that would be a nice way to end his story with Triple H and bring in a new finisher that fits him better.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 03 Apr 2017, 5:16 pm

As this match went on I actually started to think maybe Seth did genuinely injure his knee, obviously not to the extent we've been told but the match was so clean that I felt it was a bit too safe for the storyline attached to it, as a stand alone match it was a good match but given the storyline if ever a match needed some colour it was this one, I'd hoped for an ugly scrap with some Wrestling mixed into it, felt it needed a ton load of weapons too, it's also a match that didn't need to end clean, particularly the way it did end, it was almost a carbon copy of last years...after a bloody war I'd have had HHH accidently knock Steph through the table, when he turned around Seth coulda nailed him with the Sledgehammer then stood on his chest for the 3 count with the Sledgehammer raised above his head, I think that would've been more symbolic as a King Slaying

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Engel Harlequin Mon 03 Apr 2017, 6:19 pm

marty2086 wrote:
Engel Harlequin wrote:This match was god awful. Sorry Olly and all but this was a match built on hatred in an unsanctioned environment. The story in ring suggested otherwise. The structure was poor anyway. Half a match working the knee only fir rollins to hit a load of sigs that affected his knee and completely no sell.

How did he no sell? He crumpled at one point hitting a move and hitting the Pedigree he sold pain from his knee after it

Okay lets talk about selling. Seth Rollins has bad knee...hits phoenix splash...lands on knees covers HHH kicks out...suddenly pain shoots through seths knee...thats not selling thats frackin stupid. Things like this happened throughtout the second half of the match. P***poor super rollins style sellong ruined the match.

Engel Harlequin

Back to top Go down

Post by Engel Harlequin Mon 03 Apr 2017, 6:25 pm

One moment his knee crumpled does not account for the pedigrees and diving moves

Engel Harlequin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 03 Apr 2017, 7:33 pm

I loved this match. The best wrestling match on the card, with thought to it and an understanding of the story they'd told. It did miss the edge though, and not Beth's Edge

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Apr 2017, 7:45 pm

I really enjoyed this match (tbh for the most part enjoyed the whole show)

my one gripe, and really I'm nit picking is where was Joe? Surely in an unsanctioned environment were anything goes you'd have thought at the first sign of trouble he'd have made an appearence to aid Triple H. Like I say, nit picking though

Finally Steph gets a certain degree of comeuppance by going through a table. Hardyz return aside that was teh pop of the evening

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Mon 03 Apr 2017, 8:59 pm

Im fine if Steph gets yearly comeuppance at every WM

Hopefully this means she's off tv for a bit too

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 03 Apr 2017, 9:32 pm

I've got no issue with Stephanie getting involved to be honest, it's her gig afterall

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 03 Apr 2017, 10:24 pm

When did HHH take the american badass gimmick?

Na, i enjoyed the match. Think Seth will get beatdown on Raw tonight, by HHH, Joe, Owens and maybe a new member of the stable. That will allow Seth time to recover.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 03 Apr 2017, 11:04 pm

Tbh they can go ahead and retire HHH from his yearly cameos now too. I can live without the 20 minute entrances designed to flatter his own ego.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 04 Apr 2017, 12:27 am

He still wrestles well, and I've have been happy with him going over. Seth being on one leg and refusing to give up until it being all too much probably would have done more for him as a babyface, and keeps HHH as a threat rather than a Jericho-style putting over machine

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 04 Apr 2017, 12:31 am

I don't think HHH going over woulda worked, maybe at Fastlane or on RAW but this was the pay-off...hopefully, now they can put this one to bed, give Seth something else to work with until the draft then get him over to SD so he can start a fresh, I do agree though that fans love a hero who dies on his sword but I just don't think Trips at Mania is the guy to do it, I'm happy with his role though, going over him means something.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down