The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

**** The B+I Lions! (+ 2 Scots)

+30
nganboy
RiscaGame
GunsGermsV2
highland_scot
Taylorman
Cotswoldwolf
George Carlin
Newsilure
The Great Aukster
No 7&1/2
majesticimperialman
offload
geoff999rugby
Poorfour
little_badger
RuggerRadge2611
No9
Exiledinborders
aucklandlaurie
nathan
Cyril
Breadvan
Hammersmith harrier
Gwlad
Scottrf
SecretFly
mikey_dragon
marty2086
Totalflanker
TightHEAD
34 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

**** The B+I Lions! (+ 2 Scots) - Page 4 Empty **** The B+I Lions! (+ 2 Scots)

Post by TightHEAD Tue 18 Apr 2017, 10:14 am

First topic message reminder :

Please use this thread to vent your anger at the Lions tour selections and lack of ambition shown from the coaching staff.

For me this could have been a tour we could win in NZ, but with an out of form, out of date coach at the helm we have no chance.

Thoughts?

Full squad steam

Forwards: Rory Best (Ireland), Dan Cole (England), Taulupe Faletau (Wales), Tadhg Furlong (Ireland), Jamie George (England), Iain Henderson (Ireland), Maro Itoje (England), Alun Wyn Jones (Wales), George Kruis (England), Courtney Lawes (England), Joe Marler (England), Jack McGrath (Ireland), Ross Moriarty (Wales), Sean O'Brien (Ireland), Peter O'Mahony (Ireland), Ken Owens (Wales), Kyle Sinckler (England), CJ Stander (Ireland), Justin Tipuric (Wales), Billy Vunipola (England), Mako Vunipola (England), Sam Warburton (Wales)

Backs: Dan Biggar (Wales), Elliot Daly (England), Jonathan Davies (Wales), Owen Farrell (England), Leigh Halfpenny (Wales), Robbie Henshaw (Ireland), Stuart Hogg (Scotland), Jonathan Joseph (England), Conor Murray (Ireland), George North (Wales), Jack Nowell (England), Jared Payne (Ireland), Jonathan Sexton (Ireland), Tommy Seymour (Scotland), Ben Te'o (England), Anthony Watson (England), Rhys Webb (Wales), Liam Williams (Wales), Ben Youngs (England)

Last edited by TightHEAD on Wed 19 Apr 2017, 1:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

**** The B+I Lions! (+ 2 Scots) - Page 4 Empty Re: **** The B+I Lions! (+ 2 Scots)

Post by Gwlad Thu 27 Apr 2017, 2:02 am

For you to speak so assuredly about a team from another country seems surprising - or does it- since you usually denounce anyone's opinion on the All Blacks if it's contrary to your own.

The only bearing it has is in name. You still misunderstand, the Lions of yesteryear was a touring side in the mould of the great months long cricket tours which you probably aren't aware of since NZ never had a decent cricket team. An end of season jolly which really only can be compared with end of season amateur club tours today.

Pro rugby has challenged the very concept of the Lions as the pinnacle of rugby. Today's Lions has to be a brand not a rugby tour. You use the word but misunderstand it. A brand, branding, is a marketing tool, and that means something is for sale. That's where it is suffering because not enough rugby establishment are getting paid out for it and in fact losing out with players going off on tour and then being injured/exhausted into the following season.

And i have been on two tours. They are the best rugby experiences i have had and i do hope NZ know how to host the Lions properly this time. In 2005 the moaning about respect of the field did not help. NZ earn their share of respect as long as it is given too.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

**** The B+I Lions! (+ 2 Scots) - Page 4 Empty Re: **** The B+I Lions! (+ 2 Scots)

Post by Taylorman Thu 27 Apr 2017, 3:42 am

Gwlad wrote:For you to speak so assuredly about a team from another country seems surprising - or does it- since you usually denounce anyone's opinion on the All Blacks if it's contrary to your own.

The only bearing it has is in name. You still misunderstand, the Lions of yesteryear was a touring side in the mould of the great months long cricket tours which you probably aren't aware of since NZ never had a decent cricket team.  An end of season jolly which really only can be compared with end of season amateur club tours today.

Pro rugby has challenged the very concept of the Lions as the pinnacle of rugby. Today's Lions has to be a brand not a rugby tour. You use the word but misunderstand it. A brand, branding, is a marketing tool, and that means something is for sale. That's where it is suffering because not enough rugby establishment are getting paid out for it and in fact losing out with players going off on tour and then being injured/exhausted into the following season.

And i have been on two tours. They are the best rugby experiences i have had and i do hope NZ know how to host the Lions properly this time. In 2005 the moaning about respect of the field did not help. NZ earn their share of respect as long as it is given too.

Looks like a Lion, smells like a Lion, even plays like a lion, comes from the same countries as a lion, voila, its a Lions tour!

Thats all I need to know. When they stop coming, then I'll worry about the 'brand'. Until then I'm happy to play ignorance, compare the sides of the past.

Thats what we do here...I'm confident Lions tours of some shape or form will be around for a long time. Appreciate the player dilemma from your perspective and the pressure on the International window, increasing season lengths alone demand a constant review. I still think that the fact theyre still able to be represented in some form reflects the class of the product that is the Lions.

Really looking forward to this one, getting out with the Lions fans has been one of my favourite experiences with rugby here. (83, 93 mainly, didnt follow a lot of the 2005 tour so much being busy with stuff at the time)...

Enjoy! thumbsup

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 27 Apr 2017, 8:53 am

You can't moan about X because Y is worse is a stupid argument.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Thu 27 Apr 2017, 8:11 pm

Scottrf wrote:You can't moan about X because Y is worse is a stupid argument.

Which you appear to be having with yourself.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 27 Apr 2017, 10:02 pm

Na there is a missing post.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Fri 28 Apr 2017, 3:44 am

Scottrf wrote:Na there is a missing post.

Oh well at least you'll win this time thumbsup

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Fri 28 Apr 2017, 11:18 am

Scottrf wrote:Na there is a missing post.

Yeah some jobsworth decided to delete some very innocent posts. sad
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Fri 28 Apr 2017, 1:10 pm

The posts were probably creating a bad smell as they were most likely full of Poopie.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 28 Apr 2017, 1:15 pm

TightHEAD wrote:The posts were probably creating a bad smell as they were most likely full of Poopie.

Well stop commenting then Smile.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Fri 28 Apr 2017, 3:00 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
TightHEAD wrote:The posts were probably creating a bad smell as they were most likely full of Poopie.

Well stop commenting then Smile.

Laugh

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 28 Apr 2017, 3:01 pm

So it's official. Welsh wit is worse than Welsh rugby.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Fri 28 Apr 2017, 3:03 pm

Scottrf wrote:So it's official. Welsh wit is worse than Welsh rugby.

Better some wit than none

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 28 Apr 2017, 3:04 pm

Gwlad wrote:

It would be, yes.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Apr 2017, 3:37 pm

One (well, let's be honest, it's more than just one) idiot doesn't represent the whole village.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Fri 28 Apr 2017, 5:21 pm

miaow wrote:

One (well, let's be honest, it's more than just one) idiot doesn't represent the whole village.

Miaow, for infö this is another personal attack just in case you weren't sure what that is. thumbsup

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 28 Apr 2017, 11:28 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Gwlad wrote:

It would be, yes.

Yes about half?

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 28 Apr 2017, 11:29 pm

Nah, cant be

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat 29 Apr 2017, 12:36 am

Taylorman, if you were a superhero you'd be Tumbleweed Man!

Is is a bird, is it a plane, nope, it Tumbleweedman! Very Happy

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 29 Apr 2017, 3:15 am

Gwlad wrote:Taylorman, if you were a superhero you'd be Tumbleweed Man!

Beats being an idiot.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat 29 Apr 2017, 3:48 am

Taylorman wrote:

Beats being an idiot.

Tumbleweed

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Apr 2017, 6:33 am

^ If you were an 8 year old child you'd probably write something like the above

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Fri 02 Jun 2017, 2:54 pm

It is half term over here.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4