The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK General Election 2017 Thread

+34
Samo
ONETWOFOREVER
lfc91
aucklandlaurie
Galted
TRUSSMAN66
TopHat24/7
navyblueshorts
GSC
temporary21
Ent
Pal Joey
guildfordbat
No 7&1/2
Dolphin Ziggler
timex please
rodders
dyrewolfe
Crimey
ShahenshahG
Steffan
Coxy001
Hammersmith harrier
CaledonianCraig
JuliusHMarx
Corporalhumblebucket
JDizzle
Scottrf
Pr4wn
Hero
superflyweight
rIck_dAgless
Derbymanc
Muscular-mouse
38 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

UK General Election 2017 Thread - Page 7 Vote_lcap19%UK General Election 2017 Thread - Page 7 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 9 ]
UK General Election 2017 Thread - Page 7 Vote_lcap30%UK General Election 2017 Thread - Page 7 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 14 ]
UK General Election 2017 Thread - Page 7 Vote_lcap19%UK General Election 2017 Thread - Page 7 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 9 ]
UK General Election 2017 Thread - Page 7 Vote_lcap0%UK General Election 2017 Thread - Page 7 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
UK General Election 2017 Thread - Page 7 Vote_lcap6%UK General Election 2017 Thread - Page 7 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 3 ]
UK General Election 2017 Thread - Page 7 Vote_lcap0%UK General Election 2017 Thread - Page 7 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
UK General Election 2017 Thread - Page 7 Vote_lcap4%UK General Election 2017 Thread - Page 7 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
UK General Election 2017 Thread - Page 7 Vote_lcap2%UK General Election 2017 Thread - Page 7 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
UK General Election 2017 Thread - Page 7 Vote_lcap6%UK General Election 2017 Thread - Page 7 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 3 ]
UK General Election 2017 Thread - Page 7 Vote_lcap2%UK General Election 2017 Thread - Page 7 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
UK General Election 2017 Thread - Page 7 Vote_lcap4%UK General Election 2017 Thread - Page 7 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 47

Poll closed

UK General Election 2017 Thread - Page 7 Empty UK General Election 2017 Thread

Post by Muscular-mouse Wed 19 Apr 2017, 11:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ok guys what are your predictions, how will you be voting and who do you want to win.

Muscular-mouse

Back to top Go down

UK General Election 2017 Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: UK General Election 2017 Thread

Post by GSC Thu 11 May 2017, 6:45 pm

Corbyns been invited on as well hasn't he.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

UK General Election 2017 Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: UK General Election 2017 Thread

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 11 May 2017, 6:52 pm

GSC wrote:Corbyns been invited on as well hasn't he.

Has he?

But point stands. There is so much the Tories have done and been given an easy ride by the BBC (in particular). The tax credit thing with the r*** clause in it - vile. I've heard virtually nothing about it on the news though. The Tory MP's who were involved in scandals (15 wasn't there) and we virtually heard nothing about it or had any Tory pushed on the issue on the news. The pathetic state of the NHS. Yes it gets reported but don't ever see the Tories getting rounded on about it. The multiple backtracked in promising one thing then doing the other (no snap election then there was). The embarrassing budget man sausage-up that had a key part of it having to be scrapped a few days later as the figures didn't add up. Heck Abbott got slaughtered for such a thing and she isn't even in the government.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 11 May 2017, 7:25 pm

They got tore a new bumhole for the tax increase thing.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 11 May 2017, 7:43 pm

GSC wrote:They got tore a new bumhole for the tax increase thing.

Look at the BBC report today on the news website about latest NHS stats. It basically reports the short-comings and has a Tory quoted spouting off about investment and that is it. Not one word questioning the Tories handling (or mis-handling as the case is) of the whole issue but a Tory boasting about investment.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 11 May 2017, 8:50 pm

Life isn't fair...Trump had no ground game and 90 percent of the media against him.....

What has Corbyn got going for him....

1. He's a conviction politician..
2. He has huge attendances at his rallies..
3. The Tories haven't mastered social media yet.
4. Fairness is a good message..
5. In 4 weeks time he can rest all he likes on a nice beach.
6. He has 27 percent rain..sun..or hail.

So we try to accentuate the positive...

1. Have more rallies..
2. Flood social media..
3. Take the media out of the equation..

Trump was 200/1......

May has a rating under 50 percent...Cameron polled around 57...She has u turned more in six months than Blair did in 10 years..

Students are voting Corbyn and Students enthusiasm like we saw with Bernie is a catchy beat....

Use it...Get people who never vote because it is futile off their ass...

Four weeks.. prove all the cynical..bitter..morons wrong.

While there is life there is hope..

Still voting Green though. Cool. .But I'm open to persuasion.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 11 May 2017, 9:00 pm

His campaign comes across as a bit naive. Seems determined to brush Brexit under the campaign despite it being probably the hottest topic. Seems to be turning up in places that are either likely safe or unattainable when I see him on the news
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 11 May 2017, 9:11 pm

You're right he lacks direction...

Also I forgot to add that Trump was hugely charismatic...His name was golden and he was a succesful businessman..

But I got on a role in my last post and didn't want to break the spell..

Corbyn has an audience of more than 27 percent and he has got plenty of holiday time in 4 weeks...

Scorched earth and see what happens is my advice.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 12 May 2017, 9:52 am

CaledonianCraig wrote:It really does seem crystal clear that the BBC have a strong pro-Tory bias. Giving showtime to May on The One Show and not calling the Tories into question over plenty of stuff and going overboard on every miniscule thing Labour does that is even slightly in error.
Laugh The BBC is leftist (if you're pro-Brexit, for example) and pro-Tory? Laughable and illustrative that people see what they want to see. Could it be that the BBC is actually doing what it's meant to do and be as impartial as it can?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 12 May 2017, 9:54 am

CaledonianCraig wrote:

Has he?

But point stands. There is so much the Tories have done and been given an easy ride by the BBC (in particular). The tax credit thing with the r*** clause in it - vile. I've heard virtually nothing about it on the news though. The Tory MP's who were involved in scandals (15 wasn't there) and we virtually heard nothing about it or had any Tory pushed on the issue on the news. The pathetic state of the NHS. Yes it gets reported but don't ever see the Tories getting rounded on about it. The multiple backtracked in promising one thing then doing the other (no snap election then there was). The embarrassing budget man sausage-up that had a key part of it having to be scrapped a few days later as the figures didn't add up. Heck Abbott got slaughtered for such a thing and she isn't even in the government.
Oh get off it! It's not a r.a.p.e. clause at all....unless you're SNP.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 12 May 2017, 10:06 am

Got no idea what the tax credit clause thing is so looks like everyones ignored it.

The scandals are always over the news and wasn't it the BBC pushing about the expenses and constantly bringing up the duck house crap (don't get me started on expenses, it's a frickin joke)

the state of the NHS is ALWAYS being brought up and it's the tories that are rounded on for it by all and sundry, Backtracked promises if memory serves wasn't they laughed off about every programme due to that. Abbot deserves to get slaughtered every time, horrible horrible person and her figures really really didn't add up.

As Navy says, the BBC tries to report just the news (ie whats happened, and unlike sky etc tends not to have too much 'debate' or opinion pieces on it (opinion and debate shows not withstanding obviously). If it was properly pro Tory i would expect most of the comic shows etc not to constantly rip the mick either

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 12 May 2017, 10:49 am

The Chairman of the BBC used to work in the Conservative cabinet office..

The political editor Nick Robinson used to be Chairman of the young Tories.....And statistics show more Tories go on the channel more than Labour.

Don't be naive..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 12 May 2017, 1:54 pm

Andrew Neil is chairman of the Spectator, Kamal Ahmed came from the Telegraph, John Humphrys is a notorious right-winger, especially when it comes to welfare.

Not to mention that the overwhelming majority of BBC Chairmen over the last 50 years have been Conservatives.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 12 May 2017, 2:19 pm

I have no major problems with the BBC. They get accused of bias from all sides so they must be striking the balance pretty well. Think they would do a lot better though without the pressure and accusations of bias and could become more editorial.

The only thing they do that annoys me is the insistence on the using the term "so called ISIS". Does it really matter whether anyone calls them ISIS, Islamic State, Daesh, or a Bunch of Lunatic Bastards? You're not legitimising them because you call them Islamic State. You're just using the widely accepted term. Adding "so-called" is just mealy-mouthed and stupid.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 12 May 2017, 2:28 pm

I assume they put out requests for comments to all relevant parties and Corbyns office are notoriously slow at responding.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 12 May 2017, 2:30 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:

Has he?

So you are perfectly fine with a woman who has gone through the psychological and physical nightmare of being r.a.p.e.d being forced to admit to and recollect the details of event to claim money for child? Really? EVERY party barring Tories have voiced their disgust at it in Scotland and even Ruth the Mooth is starting to backtrack on it.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 12 May 2017, 2:37 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:

Has he?

So you are perfectly fine with a woman who has gone through the psychological and physical nightmare of being r.a.p.e.d being forced to admit to and recollect the details of event to claim money for child? Really? EVERY party barring Tories have voiced their disgust at it in Scotland and even Ruth the Mooth is starting to backtrack on it.

The real heart of the matter is whether or not you agree with capping working tax credits at two children. The SNP have the power to scrap the cap and render the entire issue null and void in Scotland.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 12 May 2017, 2:39 pm

Is that even if it's on record Craig? - first time i've heard of it and if that's the case then it's terrible

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 12 May 2017, 2:41 pm

There should be a cap at 2 children with exceptions on a case by case basis. should include kids from other relationships too (would have meant we wouldn't have been eligible but we made the choice).

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 12 May 2017, 2:57 pm

So the kids suffer then if Mummy and Daddy are irresponsible......

Who is going to judge on a case by case basis ???.....How much would that cost ???.....Cheaper paying the money..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 12 May 2017, 3:02 pm

Derbymanc wrote:Is that even if it's on record Craig? - first time i've heard of it and if that's the case then it's terrible
Yes as far as I know. If a mother wants to claim for a child born through r.a.p.e then they need to fill out the form disclosing this (bad enough being r.a.p.e.d in the first place) the victim then has to admit to such a stigma. Originally, Ruth the Mooth thought she could downplay it but in Holyrood EVERY party has lambasted it and she is now backtracking.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 12 May 2017, 3:03 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:So the kids suffer then if Mummy and Daddy are irresponsible......

Who is going to judge on a case by case basis ???.....How much would that cost ???.....Cheaper paying the money..
I am not sure how 'mummy' is irresponsible for being r.a.p.e.d.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 12 May 2017, 3:06 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:So the kids suffer then if Mummy and Daddy are irresponsible......

It's a balancing act again, with everything you have those that manipulate or abuse the system and I'm all for clamping down on those people.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 12 May 2017, 3:06 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:

Breathe Craig, completely different point being made.

Last edited by Hammersmith harrier on Fri 12 May 2017, 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 12 May 2017, 3:07 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:

Me neither I'm just pointing out I am not a fan of tax credits being denied struggling families......I probably missed your post as they tend to be SNP party broadcasts..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 12 May 2017, 3:07 pm

I'd honestly rather a few people cheated the system than have people genuinely in need of help be rejected.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 12 May 2017, 3:08 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:

It's a balancing act again, with everything you have those that manipulate or abuse the system and I'm all for clamping down on those people.

I agree with the sentiment...... But unfortunately the kids get penalised...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 12 May 2017, 3:13 pm

GSC wrote:I'd honestly rather a few people cheated the system than have people genuinely in need of help be rejected.

This.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 12 May 2017, 3:16 pm

GSC wrote:I'd honestly rather a few people cheated the system than have people genuinely in need of help be rejected.

I'd rather they didn't but I have zero time for benefit cheats, it is they not governments screwing the poor.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 12 May 2017, 3:17 pm

Pr4wn wrote:

This.

It's a necessary feature of providing a fair and workable Welfare system.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 12 May 2017, 3:19 pm

superflyweight wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:

This.

Spoken like a true Tory. Bet you back Fox Hunting too.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 12 May 2017, 3:21 pm

By the way we keep hearing this BS about the Tories being the stable option to deal with Brexit. What a joke. All the financial connotations that will entail and yet they can't even do a simple budget without a major flaw in it.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 12 May 2017, 3:22 pm

You quite the wrong post there Craig Wink
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 12 May 2017, 3:23 pm

P.S. I'd be more likely to vote SNP if they did use their powers to disapply things like this in Scotland. But they don't!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 12 May 2017, 3:24 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:

This.

You've completely missed by point. I was agreeing with GSC. But you go ahead and continue with name calling.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 12 May 2017, 3:26 pm

superflyweight wrote:P.S. I'd be more likely to vote SNP if they did use their powers to disapply things like this in Scotland.  But they don't!
Do you or I know the legal binding of it given it is a Westminster ruling passed just over a month ago? Not sure myself and if can be overthrown then watch this space.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 12 May 2017, 3:28 pm

superflyweight wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:

This.

You've completely missed by point.  I was agreeing with GSC.  But you go ahead and continue with name calling.

Come on tell me what is fair about a r.a.p.e.d woman having to recount such an ordeal. Jeez and is it really in the best interest of welfare given the distress a r.a
p.e victim will go through over this.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 12 May 2017, 3:29 pm

It can be - we could make tax credits available to anyone with more than 3 kids. UK Gov pays for first two, we would pay for any others.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 12 May 2017, 3:31 pm

superflyweight wrote:It can be - we could make tax credits available to anyone with more than 3 kids.  UK Gov pays for first two, we would pay for any others.  
Well as I say watch this space on that one.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 12 May 2017, 3:32 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:

This.

You've completely missed by point.  I was agreeing with GSC.  But you go ahead and continue with name calling.

Come on tell me what is fair about a r.a.p.e.d woman having to recount such an ordeal. Jeez and is it really in the best interest of welfare given the distress a r.a

You've really missed my point. I don't think the tax credits should be capped at two children and I believe that welfare should be provided for the benefit of the most and shouldn't be curbed because some people take the piss.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's not the views of a Tory.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 12 May 2017, 3:36 pm

Yup - If you don't help people because a couple of them might be chancers - no one would ever get the help they need. Witness the refugees.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 12 May 2017, 3:37 pm

As I said only a couple of weeks ago, it's baffling that people can in good conscience think differently.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 12 May 2017, 3:39 pm

superflyweight wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:

This.

You've really missed my point.  I don't think the tax credits should be capped at two children and I believe that welfare should be provided for the benefit of the most and shouldn't be curbed because some people take the piss.  

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's not the views of a Tory.  
So we agree the current rule just passed in Westminster is flawed?

Apologies to you no it isn't if you see the flaws in this new ruling.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 12 May 2017, 3:41 pm

We're in agreement, Craig.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 12 May 2017, 3:44 pm

superflyweight wrote:We're in agreement, Craig.  
Fair enough. Apologies again.  thumbsup
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 12 May 2017, 3:46 pm

No problem.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 12 May 2017, 4:02 pm

Phew! Exhausting, isn't it, Super?

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 12 May 2017, 4:18 pm

I am now in need of a pint!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 12 May 2017, 8:30 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:

Has he?

Your description of that is nonsense and you know it. At least I would hope you do. Still, nothing like popular soundbites eh?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 12 May 2017, 8:35 pm

superflyweight wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:

Has he?

The real heart of the matter is whether or not you agree with capping working tax credits at two children.  The SNP have the power to scrap the cap and render the entire issue null and void in Scotland.        
Good point, but they somehow haven't suggested that have they? Wonder why?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 12 May 2017, 8:39 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:Is that even if it's on record Craig? - first time i've heard of it and if that's the case then it's terrible
Yes as far as I know. If a mother wants to claim for a child born through r.a.p.e then they need to fill out the form disclosing this (bad enough being r.a.p.e.d in the first place) the victim then has to admit to such a stigma. Originally, Ruth the Mooth thought she could downplay it but in Holyrood EVERY party has lambasted it and she is now backtracking.
You know what? I have no problem with payments like this but I expect them to go to those that are entitled to them. If they have to check a box on a form, so be it. They don't have to tell anyone the details, or relive anything. If it's recorded as being real, it'll be on record, have a crime number etc etc.

I may be entirely wrong as I can't put myself in the position, but if it was me and I'd been r.a.ped, I'd want it to be those with real cause to have the entitlement to this sort of payment. It would annoy the Hell out of me if shysters were claiming for this sort of thing as a way to rip off money from those deserving of it.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next