The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MJ Tweets

+3
Cari
akaredtop
RebelBhoy
7 posters

Go down

MJ Tweets Empty MJ Tweets

Post by RebelBhoy Wed 08 Jun 2011, 10:42 am

His one word tweet said "disillusioned".
Anyone expect a retraction, or letting McNulty and his selectors get it big time.

This committee room as ben a pile of muck thus far but maybe this will kick start it.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2011/0607/tierneymj_laois.html

MJ Tierney will be one of the guests on The Committee Room on Wednesday and will discuss his controversial tweet following Laois' defeat to Dublin in the Leinster Football Championship on Sunday.

Tierney was an unused substitute in the game and used the social-networking website Twitter to say he was disillusioned by the decision.

It was a talking point on The Sunday Game with Kevin McStay questioning Tierney's decision to make a comment open to the public so quickly after the game.

Football fans debated the issue on the RTÉ Sunday Game Twitter account this morning with Tierney stating in the Irish Examiner that the pundits 'were making something out of nothing'.

He will give further comment on Wednesday night on the show that will be hosted by Marty Morrissey on RTÉ Two and RTÉ.ie at 8pm.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

MJ Tweets Empty Re: MJ Tweets

Post by akaredtop Wed 08 Jun 2011, 11:24 am

Who cares what he says?

akaredtop

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 08 Jun 2011, 11:42 am

Speaking of controversies...did you see that story about GAA managers refusing to speak to RTÉ?

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/gaa-managers-refuse-to-talk-to-rte-over-brian-carthy-treatment-2667497.html

And there's been some criticism of referee training...
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/cooney-defends-refs-training-after-geraghty-goal-2668734.html

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Wed 08 Jun 2011, 11:59 am

I believe the GAA managers standing up for Brian Carthy are misguided in the extreme............Carthy, in my opinion, like O Muircheartaigh, is a friend of the managers seeing as he never asked the hard questions and spent most of the interview telling them how brilliant they were.

As a commentator, i think Carthy is awful.....................

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:07 pm

I don't think Laois were ever going to beat Dublin so they were prob saving the lad for game's they had a better chance of winning. If they get a good run in the qualifier's and he play's his part then it will have been a good decision to leave him out.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:45 pm

John Cregan wrote:I believe the GAA managers standing up for Brian Carthy are misguided in the extreme............Carthy, in my opinion, like O Muircheartaigh, is a friend of the managers seeing as he never asked the hard questions and spent most of the interview telling them how brilliant they were.

As a commentator, i think Carthy is awful.....................

Have you heard Marty Morrissey, the man is unbelievably dire.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Wed 08 Jun 2011, 1:10 pm

bluemoda wrote:
Have you heard Marty Morrissey, the man is unbelievably dire.[/quote]

GOOCHIE GOOCHIE GOOCH
STAR STAR STAR

they have names....use them Marty. You are a broadcaster. Not a plasterer from Tralee.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by akaredtop Wed 08 Jun 2011, 2:02 pm

This is totally ridiculous. Firstly why should a GAA county manager have a say in who commentates for the national broadcaster. What business is it of theirs other than to get the gig for their pal. I wonder if Carthy put them up to it. Secondly, the reason Carthy has not taken over the role of main radio commentator is because he is absolutely brutal. How many weekends have I been stuck in the car listening to that fool. He does not have a talent for it. It does'nt flow naturally and he keeps repeating the score every few seconds.
If anyone has a say in the matter it should be the sponsors as they are coughing up the dough for the whole thing.

akaredtop

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 08 Jun 2011, 2:11 pm

Was it Carthy commentating on the Kildare/Meath match last Sunday? He kept fluffing his commentary and having to apologise.

I miss Míchael O'M.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Wed 08 Jun 2011, 2:25 pm

What's next? Managers to be asked in advance when the Sunday Game want to change their theme music??

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 08 Jun 2011, 2:39 pm

John Cregan wrote:What's next? Managers to be asked in advance when the Sunday Game want to change their theme music??

TSG can NEVER change its theme music!! That should be a criminal offence.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Wed 08 Jun 2011, 3:43 pm

they did change it and it was made a criminal offence. people were thrown in prison. They did hard time.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Wed 08 Jun 2011, 3:54 pm

Marty Morrissey is a dead ringer for Betty Boop. Anyone know how to post images?
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Wed 08 Jun 2011, 3:58 pm

http://www.google.ie/imgres?imgurl=http://www.balloonmaniacs.com/images/bettyboopheadballoon.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.balloonmaniacs.com/index.php%3Fmain_page%3Dindex%26cPath%3D1_254&usg=__O6EHQiGPYRNoloiWqpv_j4NqNLE=&h=480&w=480&sz=61&hl=en&start=224&sig2=Ek6UH4VEYrE0cWS6kFj0uw&zoom=1&tbnid=OavQS0rxoJACgM:&tbnh=130&tbnw=130&ei=Xo3vTZuDN4fIsgaE9MH2Aw&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dbetty%2Bboop%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D685%26tbm%3Disch&itbs=1&iact=rc&page=15&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:10,s:224&tx=83&ty=79&biw=1024&bih=685
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ar aghaidh le cheile Wed 08 Jun 2011, 7:55 pm

Maybe Rte should kidnap the collaborationist Sidebottom. Obviously he would have to gaelicise his surname Any ideas what it would be.
His commentaries have been so far of the subject that even the carismatic Peter Canavan has told him to concentrate on the football

Ar aghaidh le cheile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down