The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PREDICTION LEAGUE 2017: ROUND 3 (NIGHT OF GLORY)

+6
Beer
TwisT
Marky
Fernando
President Trump
x12x
10 posters

Go down

PREDICTION LEAGUE 2017: ROUND 3 (NIGHT OF GLORY) Empty PREDICTION LEAGUE 2017: ROUND 3 (NIGHT OF GLORY)

Post by x12x Mon 24 Jul 2017, 11:57 pm

The big one is here...it's Night Of Glory! With nobody getting the correct pick for the winner of the Gateway To Glory in round two will anyone score big as we predict for the biggest show of the year? With only 4 points splitting up the top 5 it's still all to play for!

CURRENT STANDINGS

ROUND NUMBER
Name123456TOTAL
1Crimey181028
2Marky161228
3x12x18927
4Dicey16824
5Beer131124
6Hero91120
7Twist11718
8Nando9817
9Olly9817

Rules
* You may edit your predictions as many times as you want up until the PPV has started being post...any edited after this point will be DQ'd
* Match writers may make predictions but once they know a result they may not predict this match or edit any previous predictions on this match.
* You must give a definitive answer for each match, and only one answer per match (unless stated)
* One point per correct answer (unless stated)
* Matches that end in no contest/double count out or any other "stalemate" situation will be considered draws
* Matches where the title can change hands during the match will only reward points for the wrestler who walks out of the match as champion but may reward bonus points.
* People entering at later rounds will get given a starting score (tbc)
* Reasoning is not mandatory but will gain you an extra point
* Members of creative are not allowed to play for obvious reasons

--------

Match One: Jerome Dubois © vs Cameron Faith (2 points)

Match Two: Mike Hill vs Geoff Steel (1 point)

Match Three: Team Adamson © vs The Parasite Killers vs Soldiers of Fortune v2 (3 points)

Match Four: GazzyD vs Edward Plague (1 point)

Match Five: Clarke James © © vs Perfect Jack © © (2 points)

Match Six: Hero vs JJ Johnson vs Crime Lord vs O’Callaghan vs Anthony Grace vs Engel Harlequin (6 points)

Main Event One: Cassius Zhi © vs Dicey Reilly (2 points)

Main Event Two: Liam Wood © vs Cerberus (2 points)

--------

Additional points:
Giving reasons for your predictions: 1 point

--------
Points Available: 20

x12x

Back to top Go down

PREDICTION LEAGUE 2017: ROUND 3 (NIGHT OF GLORY) Empty Re: PREDICTION LEAGUE 2017: ROUND 3 (NIGHT OF GLORY)

Post by x12x Thu 27 Jul 2017, 12:39 am

Prediction: Cameron Faith
Reason: Nay has been great and I feel he deserves it after missing out on the world title.

Prediction: Geoff Steel
Reason: With Mat on creative I feel Steel gets the win here and moves on to a feud with Cameron Faith

Match Three: Team Adamson © vs The Parasite Killers vs Soldiers of Fortune v2 (3 points)
Prediction: Team Adamson
Reason: it seems crazy to take the belt away from TA right now, Adamson brigs that star quality the division needs at this point in time.

Prediction: Gazzy D
Reason: I haven't promoed and Gazzy seems to be finding his stride at the moment

Prediction: Clarke James
Reason: Hardest match to decide on...honestly no idea.

Match Six: Hero vs JJ Johnson vs Crime Lord vs O’Callaghan vs Anthony Grace vs Engel Harlequin (6 points)
Prediction: O'Callaghan
Reason: Seems to be the right pick for the superstar of the year who recently dropped his titles and seems to be moving up

Prediction: Dicey Reilly
Reason: Even if Zhi was active I think Dicey is the obvious winner here, Dicey is not only active and consistent but also a Reilly win goes with the story that has been told in the BIGGER PICTURE

Prediction: Liam Wood
Reason: I'm biased but also with the 6CW title probably changing hands I can't see both belts changing hands in a repeat of last year...I also don't see Wood losing the EWF title two years running. The last reason is the Gateway To Glory shouldn't always guarantee a title win...this being said Nando has been great so I can see Cerberus winning.

--------

Additional points:
Giving reasons for your predictions: 1 point
DONE!

Last edited by x12x on Mon 31 Jul 2017, 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

x12x

Back to top Go down

PREDICTION LEAGUE 2017: ROUND 3 (NIGHT OF GLORY) Empty Re: PREDICTION LEAGUE 2017: ROUND 3 (NIGHT OF GLORY)

Post by President Trump Thu 27 Jul 2017, 4:04 pm

Match One: Jerome Dubois ©️ vs Cameron Faith (2 points)
Prediction: Jerome
Reason: Neither promo so I am indifferent about this match, I can see JD win just because why not

Reason: It has to be Steels moment and the end of this feud that has being going since the dawn of time Wink

Match Three: Team Adamson ©️ vs The Parasite Killers vs Soldiers of Fortune v2 (3 points)
Reason: I cant see past TA winning this, it would be good to see them drop it as chasing the titles they looked better but there is no one there really to do it

Reason: I see Gazzy win this but with a twist at the end

Match Five: Clarke James ©️ ©️ vs Perfect Jack ©️ ©️ (2 points)
Prediction: Either one can win this but one wont
Reason: I see a DQ or double KO to keep this going for another PPV

Prediction: O'Callaghan
Reason: It is a toss up between O'Callaghan and JJ for me to take this and I see the winner inserting themselves into the 6CW title match or cashing in

Main Event One: Cassius Zhi ©️ vs Dicey Reilly (2 points)
Prediction: Neither
Reason: As with above I see O'Callaghan winning the title at the end by putting himself into the match and making himself a bonifide Superstar

Main Event Two: Liam Wood ©️ vs Cerberus (2 points)
Prediction: Liam Wood
Reason: This could go down two ways, Cerberus wins a gruelling match or Gazzy has joined the "Brotherhood" and causes him the title, I go with the latter

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 27 Jul 2017, 4:39 pm

Match One: Jerome Dubois ©️ vs Cameron Faith (2 points) - Neither have done much recently so JD retains

Match Two: Mike Hill vs Geoff Steel (1 point) Face always come out victorious & Mat is busy writing stuff more likely.

Match Three: Team Adamson ©️ vs The Parasite Killers vs Soldiers of Fortune v2 (3 points) - Marky is holding up the tag division so no change

no contest or double countout - dont think Plague will want to fight him teasing a gazzy heel turn

Match Five: Clarke James ©️ ©️ vs Perfect Jack ©️ ©️ (2 points) Would be nice for PJ to get some recognition he's been excellent if under the radar recently

Match Six: Hero vs JJ Johnson vs Crime Lord vs O’Callaghan vs Anthony Grace vs Engel Harlequin (6 points) With what happened on Aftermath i think he may win

Main Event One: Cassius Zhi ©️ vs Dicey Reilly (2 points) Paul T ain't been around so Dec for the win

My reign will last approx 5 mins until Engel wanders down with his briefcase imo. Plus it gives Chris a chance to main event himself when he returns & we all know he loves that Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 27 Jul 2017, 6:58 pm

I pick a J-Dubs retention, I think Faith would be a great winner but I think it's too soon to just have Dubs lose it in his first real rivalry.

Going with Steel to win and close out the feud, moving onto one of the midcard titles.

Potential to look foolish here but I don't see The TA losing the titles just yet. Maybe with some outside interference. I'd predict The TA retain and the Soldiers of Fortune to get a one on one shot next. Begging for Adamson to have an Ellsworth moment though whatever the final result!*

*if that happens I want bonus points

I'm not sure if this is the end, even if it is at Night of Glory. Obvious answer is a GazzyD win but I'm going with Plague to further the storyline.

I'd like to think there will be a decisive winner, toss of a coin as both are great but going with Clarke James.

As much as the likes of Engel and O'Callaghan deserve it, I'm going with Anthony Grace. The briefcase would be the perfect accessory for him and his corporate approach. Who knows, maybe even with assistance from a returning Joshua?

I don't see the winner cashing in immediately, as the Elimination Chamber match should be physically taxing on the winner.

Going with Dicey. With or without Demon promoing, it's all set up for Dicey to win with the stipulation in his favour. Only thing putting me off is that this would be a perfect finale and it's not the final match.

Going for Wood to retain, very few people retain the World Title at NoG and it would be a great new thing for Wood to brag about. First ever EWF Champion to retain at NoG? (May not be the case)

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Thu 27 Jul 2017, 9:46 pm

Technically Wood retained last year only to have Thunder cash in.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon 31 Jul 2017, 2:22 pm

Prediction: Dubois

Prediction: Steel

Prediction: TA

Prediction: Plague

Prediction: Perfect Jack

Prediction: Engel

Prediction: Zhi

Prediction: Cerberus

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Fri 04 Aug 2017, 2:45 pm

Prediction: Cameron Faith by DQ (Jerome Retains)
Reason: Still think it’s a pointless return, but with Nay being absent of late, same for JD, I think this is set up for someone take out Faith and make a statement against Dubs.

Reason: Someone needs to win this. And murder the other one. That way, someone comes out as the true winner of the feud. G’wan Geoff.

Reason: Not sure on this. I think Marky deserves a decent run with Team Adamson for basically reviving the Tag Division.

Reason: The bloke is due one. And after his year, he deserves it at the biggest show of the year.

Prediction: Perfect Jack
Reason: It needs a climax here, it would be a shame not to have a clear winner, and I think Jack edges me.

Prediction: Anthony Grace.
Reason: I think he’ll steal the win. I think O’Callaghan should win it, but I don’t think Olly needs the case. He’s better chasing without it.

Prediction: Anthony Grace
Reason: He’s cashing it. Would be cheap to have Dicey win it and then lose it, so makes sense for Grace to do it. And everyone will hate him even more.

Prediction: Cerberus
Reason: Nando deserves the title, there’s a part of me that thinks Cerberus completely destroying Wood could be a brilliant way to end it. I think NOG ending with Cerberus stood tall as ‘The Man’ is fitting.

Other prediction: Joshua returns.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Perfect Jack Fri 04 Aug 2017, 9:56 pm

Winner: Jerome Dubois.
Reason: I think it's a bit too early for JD to drop the titles considering he just won them a while back.

Winner: Geoff Steel
Reason: It's time for Geoff to get his revenge back on Mike Hill ever since they split as a team and all the times Hill has screwed Steel.

Winner: Team Adamson
Reason: I don't see them dropping the titles soon, I've seen no obvious sign of the group cracking but that could all change at the event.

Winner: GazzyD
Reason: GazzyD to win to end the feud for a while but I think they will be back.

Winner: Clarke James
Reason: It's a 50-50 call but I think Clarke James pinches it at the end.

Winner: O'Callaghan
Reason: Enjoyed promo'ing with O'Callaghan during the UK/Int title feud and I can see him grabbing the case during the madness of the match.

Winner: Dicey Reilly
Reason: Both great promos, it's gonna be a bloodbath and I think Dicey nicks it at the end. Would be a great ending to a great feud but I doubt it's the last we'll see between the two.

Winner: O'Callaghan.
Reason: Liam Wood retains his title in the match but O'Callaghan cashes in to win the title. O'Callaghan stands tall at the end and it sets up a three way feud for the title with Cerberus involved.

Perfect Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Sun 06 Aug 2017, 9:15 am

Winner: Jerome Dubois

Winner: Geoff Steel

Winner:Team Adamson

Winner:GazzyD

Winner:Perfect Jack

Winner:Engel

Winner Dicey

Winner:Liam Wood

--------

Steel

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 06 Aug 2017, 10:32 am

Winner - Dubs
Reason - Because he's beautiful

Winner - Steel
Reason - I think he'll be pushed for a mid card title

Winner - The TA
Reason - Marky is boss

I AM WRITING THIS

Winner - Clarke James
Reason - Aids.

Winner - Grace
Reason - him with the FFTR is just too good to pass up from a storyline perspective

Winner - Dicey
Reason - cos he's been here (he'd have won anyways imo, but this has made it obvious)

Winner - Cerbs
Reason - Because Liam never walks out of NOG with a title
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Sun 06 Aug 2017, 7:07 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Match One: Jerome Dubois ©️ vs Cameron Faith (2 points)
Winner - Dubs
Reason - Because he's beautiful

Winner - Steel
Reason - I think he'll be pushed for a mid card title

Match Three: Team Adamson ©️ vs The Parasite Killers vs Soldiers of Fortune v2 (3 points)
Winner - The TA
Reason - Marky is boss

I AM WRITING THIS

Match Five: Clarke James ©️ ©️ vs Perfect Jack ©️ ©️ (2 points)
Winner - Clarke James
Reason - Aids.

Winner - Grace
Reason - him with the FFTR is just too good to pass up from a storyline perspective

Main Event One: Cassius Zhi ©️ vs Dicey Reilly (2 points)
Winner - Dicey
Reason - cos he's been here (he'd have won anyways imo, but this has made it obvious)

Winner - Cerbs
Reason - Because Liam never walks out of NOG with a title

Love you too bro! Wink

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 07 Aug 2017, 5:59 am

Table after round three:

ROUND NUMBER
Name123456TOTAL
1x12x1891340
2Dicey1681539
3Marky16121038
4Perfect Jack1391537
5Beer1311731
6Crimey1810NP28
7Nando981128
8Olly981128
9Twist117927
10Hero911NP20
Key
received average (late entry)
NPNo predictions this round

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 07 Aug 2017, 8:52 am

I should have 12 points?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 07 Aug 2017, 9:10 am

let me check

2 for Dubois (6)
1 for Steel (4)
3 points for Tag Titles
2 for Zhi and 2 for Cerberus (10)
1 point for giving reasons (11)

The others you either got wrong or didn't predict

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 07 Aug 2017, 9:20 am

Well poo
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 07 Aug 2017, 11:20 am

Do I not get bonus points for the Adamson/Ellsworth moment?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 07 Aug 2017, 2:23 pm

No, you only get bonus points for official bonus questions...we did try out a thing where you can offer up your own bonus point question with the risk of losing points but it didn't go down well.

Would people like more bonus point questions in the future? I'm always happy to change how the league works if it makes it more fun/more of a challenge.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 07 Aug 2017, 3:13 pm

Think it depends on the match, for instance, you offered up 6 points for the EC match, when all you had to do was guess the winner. Maybe order of elimination? 1 point for each correct answer?

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 07 Aug 2017, 3:26 pm

With multi man matches I always normally go with how many people are in that match as normally it means it's harder to guess...the same way that the odds are higher on a football game that's harder to predict than say a massive team taking on a low league team.

I think final 2 in the elimination chamber would have been a good shout for extra points or like you said order of elimination for a point each. I think next time we have an elimination match we will do that...similar to if we have iron man matches we could have people predict the score.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down