The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Euro Rugby League Season 4™ Homepage

+6
pullthestrings
LukeLovesLuka
BANAFAN-AKA-HON
CJB
GloucesterBear
Bathite
10 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Euro Rugby League Season 4™ Homepage Empty Euro Rugby League Season 4™ Homepage

Post by Bathite Mon 06 Jun 2011, 10:52 pm

not the way i see it! lots of people want fourie/jane/beale/evans, but they havn't moved around!

the problems of being good in more then one position, concern is that you guys rate steyn/hook in positions i wouldn't play them if i bought them!

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Euro Rugby League Season 4™ Homepage Empty Re: Euro Rugby League Season 4™ Homepage

Post by GloucesterBear Mon 06 Jun 2011, 10:53 pm

I have Hook and Steyn now Bathite, Lukelovesluka gave a deal it looked good to me so I confirmed.

You have to beg my way if you want them Smile
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Euro Rugby League Season 4™ Homepage Empty Re: Euro Rugby League Season 4™ Homepage

Post by CJB Mon 06 Jun 2011, 10:54 pm

That's cos I love Beale and no one rates Jane as high as I do. Means neither will probably leave me. Fourie and Evans you want huge for but McCaw has been at 3 teams. Same with Hook isn't it?

CJB

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Mon 06 Jun 2011, 10:55 pm

Glosbear - Yeah so i see with steyn/hook

I won't be begging for Sarries mate, neither would start in my backline! Only my personal rating for both that tempts me! Clermont might fancy Hooky at ten though, need half back improvements

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Mon 06 Jun 2011, 11:18 pm

inthefastlane has got a point about Fourie and Evans, you want huge for them while McCaw, Brussow, Hook plus others seem to have moved about a couple of times already.

You don't want to sell those players, but I think everyone should think about offers who knows you could be getting good players in return, but they even might be better than Nick Evans. Think about partnerships and a vast of youth and experience, that's what im concentrating on.

Same with steven_sharks, he doesn't want to sell Vito, Sonny Bill Williams or Robbie Fruean when people might offer better players for them, but they just don't put a deal in because they see they aren't for sale.

Everyone should let there players be up for sale, doesn't matter how good they are you will be getting very highly rated players back unless you are stupid and propose McCaw for Robshaw or somebody like that.

McCaw for Brussow, Burger are fair deals, same with Fourie for Conrad Smith, Marty, Hook and O'Driscoll they are all good players and could be good deals if you add extra.
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Mon 06 Jun 2011, 11:22 pm

happy to consider deals for evans and fourie that have world class in return, but havn't had it yet! bearing in mind fourie was most people's top 13 and evans was only regularly behind carter and cooper, sometimes steyn/wilko

you have to respect people's decision to keep their best players/favourite players and the teams at the top won't want to change a winning formula and rightly so!

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Mon 06 Jun 2011, 11:40 pm

My point exactly bathite, people may be happy to consider deals for class players like Evans or Fourie, of course you are going to get a player of there calibre in return unless the person who is offering the deal is thick. The problem though you might well get offers for Evans and Fourie, and steven-sharks might get offers for Sonny Bill Williams, O'Connor, Vito and Robbie Fruean but when we see that they are not for sale we probably don't bother putting in a deal.

I think it's good that we should all consider deals for whatever player is involved if it's McCaw, Carter, Brussow, Gear or Vito, Jannie Du Plessis, Donald or Maitland for example.

We should all consider deals, you will be getting world class talent in return for the higher calibre players, don't think some of us should just hide away and don't consider a single deal which is aimed your way.

Be free and don't mark a player as not for sale, no point in that or you are never going to deal with anyone, what's the point of being in this game if you are just going to do that?

Just putting a teamsheet and predictions in isn't commitment at all.
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Mon 06 Jun 2011, 11:45 pm

Be free and don't mark a player as not for sale, no point in that or you
are never going to deal with anyone, what's the point of being in this
game if you are just going to do that?

Just putting a teamsheet and predictions in isn't commitment at all.

--

Take it easy mate, don't go too far!

Its common sense that nfs players will only go for equivalents, everyone knows that. just marking them that way prevents people proposing silly deals and saves everyone time and effort

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by BANAFAN-AKA-HON Mon 06 Jun 2011, 11:50 pm

guys you know on the topic pages there are little round icons with page text in them, why is some moving and some static, does anyone know, its annoying me Smile

BANAFAN-AKA-HON

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Mon 06 Jun 2011, 11:51 pm

Ah I thought I was going a bit too far with that, forget that bit but you need to consider all deals only wise and fair on the person who made it.

All players are still for sale from Toulon, need equivalents though Wink
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Mon 06 Jun 2011, 11:54 pm

one indicates a busy page, think when a certain number of posts arrive in short period means its busy

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by BANAFAN-AKA-HON Mon 06 Jun 2011, 11:57 pm

ahhh that makes sense - was driving me nuts!

BANAFAN-AKA-HON

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 07 Jun 2011, 8:52 am

morning all,

clermont still looking for halfbacks, any last minute deals before the next teamsheet?

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by BANAFAN-AKA-HON Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:07 am

just put an inquiry in mate on clermonts page

BANAFAN-AKA-HON

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:36 am

Looking to improve my front row OK

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 07 Jun 2011, 11:52 am

Right then, trying to prove a point here and help out the new man hon with the ratings of some players.

Strettle
Banahan
Abendanon
Halfpenny

What do you all think? Im pretty certain i know the answer, but lets get it out in the open!

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by pullthestrings Tue 07 Jun 2011, 11:56 am

1. 1/2P
2. Banahan
3. Strettle
4. Abendanon

pullthestrings

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 07 Jun 2011, 11:58 am

Strettle...burst on the scene, looked amazing. Pretty average player, crabs too much for me and gets isolated way too often.

Banahan - Good AP player, not a winger imo. Culd develop into a good Int centre though.

Bendy - I do like Bendy, but again just a good AP player really. Great runner but defence and high ball have always been his issues. Miles and Miles behind Foden and also behind Armitage.

Halfpenny - Great finisher, good feet. Better than the others by a bit but not top class Int. Still one of Wales best wingers though.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Tue 07 Jun 2011, 11:59 am

halfpenny - Love him. Very close to world class in my book.
Strettle - On his day the most lethal runner England have.
Banahan - not got the skills for international centre. Alright on the wing.
Abendanon - great to watch but wouldnt have him in my team. To much of a liability to lose you a game.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:04 pm

Cheers guys, are the english three good enough for the level of this game? Thinking about a deal involving all four, so good to know the thoughts/ratings

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by BANAFAN-AKA-HON Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:12 pm

One thing that isn't shoddy about nick abendanon is his defence pooly - he's a rock solid tackler and not scared to put himself in the way of the big guys - did you watch the Leicester game where the Tuilagi boys put him to the sword. He just kept getting back up and battling on!

I also think he will be going to the WC ahead of Armitage who has fallen right off the radar. BEndy has form and is consistent with it. Saxons first choice FB -

I still don't get why you guys don't see the abilities of Banahan. YOu will all have to face the fact he's gong to the world cup and he is a good international winger and developing into quite a destructive center!

crazy guys crazy . . . .

also strettle abliet a really decent attacking runner is a bit flaky in defence I give that. I think JSD is more of an attacking runner then Strettle? those two are similar.

I personally would take Banhan over half penny any day.

1. Banahna
2. Halfpenny
3. Strettle
4. Abendanon

BANAFAN-AKA-HON

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:22 pm

Armitage has been banned mate, not much chance Bendy will be going to the WC mate. Must have missed him in the Saxons this weekend gone.

Bendy's defence is woedul mate, as well as positional sense. Great runner tho. JSD has poor defence too, Strettle is not that great of an attacker these days imo.

Banahana is not above Halfpenny fella, he offers nothing against decent opposition on the wings. Centre could be diferent but bit early to tell.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by BANAFAN-AKA-HON Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:26 pm

I give you his positional placing is bad at times, but some how he seems to pull it off. His tackling is far from woeful? DON't know who you have been watching but obvioulsy not Bendy. As for his attacking it's as good as Fodens easily.

Armitage ban or no ban has been really poor. Bendy continues to perform. I seriously think he would take a place ahead of Armitage at the moment.

I agree JSD and strettles defence are not much cop, but booy canthey attack.

As for Banahan - you will all be eating your words soon Smile the ENgland side see the potential, so do many pundits. Smile He has a much more all round game than a lot of you give him credit for. FOr me he's above Halfpenny no probs.

BANAFAN-AKA-HON

Back to top Go down

Post by BANAFAN-AKA-HON Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:28 pm

http://rugbydump.blogspot.com/2010/10/nick-abendanons-try-saving-tackle-on.html

and watch how he flips the ball back - brilliant Wink

BANAFAN-AKA-HON

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:31 pm

You've been saying that about Banahan for over a year now...still waiting. He's no winger but might make the Int grade in the centres.

Armitage was in great form before been banned, not quite sure who've been watching and is street ahead of Bendy.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by BANAFAN-AKA-HON Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:34 pm

Yeah been saying it about Banahan ever since he got into the Saxons and look where he is now. Becoming a useful utility player for England!

I thought Armitage was having a shocker of a season mate?

BANAFAN-AKA-HON

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:35 pm

Armitage has been struggling with being banned, but has looked pretty good when actually playing.

Hon I remember you going on and on about Banahan so long ago! Laugh

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:37 pm

No he's played well when he's played, offers alot more than Bendy as a better FB and can play wing/CE.

Saxons to useful utility player for England...the boy's on fire!!! lol

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by BANAFAN-AKA-HON Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:43 pm

bendy plays wing and center as well mate?

Scored 5 tries this season, pretty good I think - how many has Delon got? not that many I bet. Plus Bendy is one of the most consistent player in the Prem.

And yeah I go on about Banahan as it annoys me people don't see past his size. He offers a lot more than just brute force.

I will stop going on about him now though as theres no point with you lot. Will wait for you to return with humble pie Wink

BANAFAN-AKA-HON

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:48 pm

bendy has never played centre in the 6 years i lived in bath!

but for the sake of clarity, the reason why bendy isn't in the saxons squad is because he is in consideration for the full squad, not because he isn't good enough for saxons.

bendy is a quality defender, anyone who think otherwise, hasn't seen him in the last 2 seasons, really worked on it. Remains a danger under the high ball though i think, so i prefer him at wing

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:50 pm

"bendy plays wing and center as well mate?"

To International standard...?!?!?

Delon has been injured and banned a fair chunk of the season but is twice the player Abendonon is I'm afraid.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by BANAFAN-AKA-HON Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:52 pm

he's covered there - I thought he had covered there a few times?

he does pop up on the wing.

I was about to say theres a reason why bendy isnt i the saxons - its because he's potential for the elite wc squad . . .

and totally agree on his defence bathite

BANAFAN-AKA-HON

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:54 pm

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16024_6969368,00.html

All change at Stade! Haskell to head back home? Wasps? Betsen has retired, Rees still injured, Powell gone, Worsely is Worsely

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:56 pm

I'll stand by Bendies defence...plain awful!!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by BANAFAN-AKA-HON Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:59 pm

yeah wasps are going to have to do some major re-shuffling . . . . whats teh odds on cips going back there do you thinkk?

serioulsy Pooly - there is nowt wrong with is defence!

BANAFAN-AKA-HON

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 07 Jun 2011, 1:00 pm

From 2 Bath fans Hon....I've seen enough of him to forge an opinion over the years. Total liability!!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by BANAFAN-AKA-HON Tue 07 Jun 2011, 1:03 pm

lol - dont think much of your opinions then hahah Wink

BANAFAN-AKA-HON

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 07 Jun 2011, 1:04 pm

Who is your team pooly? Just out of interest, is your name from Hartlepool, so your a Falcons fan per chance?

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Tue 07 Jun 2011, 1:27 pm

Bendy bendy bendy bendy that's all I can see today lol.

Strettle - Prefer other English wingers too him would be better on the bench.

Banahan - Decent player can play centre and wing of course, but don't think he is right to start in a game like this.

Abendanon - Good Premiership player but nothing more than that.

Halfpenny - Best of the lot, talented player.

Also guys, Lambie, Donald and Evans for sale need at least an improvement at fly-half or centre by the end of today if possible.

Thank you
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by BANAFAN-AKA-HON Tue 07 Jun 2011, 1:35 pm

Banahan - Decent player can play centre and wing of course, but don't think he is right to start in a game like this.

yeah England international - destructive layer no good to start, He was good enough to start against the AB's

BANAFAN-AKA-HON

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Tue 07 Jun 2011, 1:42 pm

This game is all about getting the best players, I know you love the guy and you are madly in love with him but look at other teams backs compared to Northampton's most teams have much better. Banahan is good, but compared to other wingers in this game he wouldn't be good enough.

Anyway changing topic.

Pool 1 - Munster, Northampton Saints, Scarlets, Castres Olympique

Pool 2- Cardiff Blues, London Irish, Edinburgh, Racing Metro 92

Pool 3 - Leinster, Bath Rugby, Glasgow Warriors, Montpellier

Pool 4 - Leicester Tigers, ASM Clermont Auvergne, Ulster Rugby, Aironi Rugby

Pool 5 - Biarritz Olympique, Ospreys, Saracens, Benetton Treviso

Pool 6 - Toulouse, Harlequins, Gloucester Rugby, Connacht Rugby

Discuss
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by BANAFAN-AKA-HON Tue 07 Jun 2011, 1:43 pm

yeah saw the draw - its ace.

I was hoping for Bath Biarritz again Sad

however am going to be cheering on Connacht as well this season ")

BANAFAN-AKA-HON

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 07 Jun 2011, 1:50 pm

Well just so happens this game is all about what other think Hon...you don't predict on yourself.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by BANAFAN-AKA-HON Tue 07 Jun 2011, 1:52 pm

yeah if I did I would win every game lol Wink

BANAFAN-AKA-HON

Back to top Go down

Post by BANAFAN-AKA-HON Tue 07 Jun 2011, 1:52 pm

think my pack is pretty good though and has decent depth for back up.
I do agree I have to try and get my backs more cohesive!

BANAFAN-AKA-HON

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 07 Jun 2011, 1:57 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Well just so happens this game is all about what other think Hon...you don't predict on yourself.

Thanks, been trying to get this message through all day!

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Tue 07 Jun 2011, 1:58 pm

1. Rodrigo Roncero
2. Dimitri Szarzewski
3. Davit Zirakashvilli
4. Pascal Papé
5. Julien Pierre
6. Kelly Brown
7. Fulgence Ouedraogo
8. Sergio Parisse (c)

9. Dmitri Yachvilli (k)
10. Juan Martín Hernández
11. Drew Mitchell
12. Clement Poitrenaud
13. Adam Ashley-Cooper
14. Vincent Clerc
15. Delon Armitage

Constructive criticism? OK

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Tue 07 Jun 2011, 1:58 pm

Pooly is right, if you like it or not I think that your backs aren't good enough, your forwards are pretty decent, but looking at the backs I just don't think they are strong enough, you need to buy in those positions.

Gloucester's draw is pretty tough, Toulouse will most likely fly through our group, we could take 2nd but on paper we should battle with Harlequins for 2nd place, but they are an improving side. Connacht debut not so sure on them, they could struggle like the Italian pair of Treviso and Aironi.

Loving Pool 1 and Pool 4, Munster, Northampton and Scarlets is one hell of a trio, Leicester will have it tough facing Clermont and Ulster.

Looks very good.
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by BANAFAN-AKA-HON Tue 07 Jun 2011, 2:03 pm

I know that.
just don't understand why people don't rate Banahan? He's an international player and a bloody good one.

So my backs are not good enough?
Colin Slade AB back
Luke Burgess - 2nd australian FH
Mike Phillps (ok not on form but that doesn't seem to bother you lot) welsh SH
Felipe Contepmi - argentina international - brililant player
Bryan Habana - nuff said
Banahan - England international
Damien & Bastareaud - french internationals

really guys?

BANAFAN-AKA-HON

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 07 Jun 2011, 2:05 pm

Luke - For me....

Jury is out on Poit at 12. Rate him at 15, not convinced at 12. Put him in the back three and its very very strong.

Pack needs real work i reckon, i only rate Roncero and the back row.

In general, one of the best back lines, but one of the weakest packs i reckon.

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next