The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys 9th September 2017

+11
RDW
Stone Motif
munkian
mikey_dragon
jimbopip
Hazel Sapling
wayne
EWT Spoons
George Carlin
21st Century Schizoid Man
BigGee
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys 9th September 2017 - Page 2 Empty Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys 9th September 2017

Post by BigGee Mon 04 Sep 2017, 9:11 am

First topic message reminder :

Glasgow warriors v Ospreys
Scotstoun Stadium
9th Sept 2017
KO at 15.15
Live on Sky Sports (I think)

Teams:

Glasgow Warriors

15. Ruaridh Jackson (114)
14. Lee Jones (55)
13. Alex Dunbar (100)
12. Peter Horne (116)
11. Rory Hughes (32)
10. Finn Russell (64)
9. Ali Price (43)

1. Jamie Bhatti (7)
2. George Turner (1)
3. Zander Fagerson (51)
4. Tim Swinson (98)
5. Scott Cummings (18)
6. Ryan Wilson (128) CAPTAIN
7. Callum Gibbins (0)
8. Adam Ashe (40)

Replacements:

16: Pat MacArthur (155)
17. Oli Kebble (1)
18. D'arcy Rae (24)
19. Brian Alainu’uese (16)
20. Matt Fagerson (10)
21. Henry Pyrgos (126)
22. Nick Grigg (21)
23. Leonardo Sarto (9)

Players unavailable for selection: Rob Harley (foot), Adam Hastings (thigh), Sam Johnson (head), Lelia Masaga (calf), Greg Peterson (knee), Fraser Brown (ankle), Jonny Gray (wrist), Stuart Hogg (shoulder), Paddy Kelly (ankle), Ratu Tagive (achilles), Richie Vernon (achilles) and Samuela Vunisa (knee).

Ospreys

15 Dan Evans

14 Keelan Giles

13 Kieron Fonotia

12 Cory Allen

11 Jeff Hassler

10 Sam Davies

9 Tom Habberfield

1 Paul James

2 Sam Parry

3 Ma’afu Fia

4 Bradley Davies

5 Lloyd Ashley

6 Olly Cracknell

7 Justin Tipuric (Capt)

8 James King

REPLACEMENTS

16 Scott Otten

17 Nicky Smith

18 Rhodri Jones

19 Adam Beard

20 Guy Mercer

21 Reuben Morgan-Williams

22 James Hook

23 Jay Baker

Well both sides got off to a winning start, though they were very different games. Glasgow grinding out a tough old win in biblical weather conditions in Galway, while Ospreys beat possibly the weakest team in the league at home without gaining an extra point. Neither game probably giving much away in terms of clues about how their respective seasons will pan out. Both team will be looking for improved performances this weekend. Hopefully the weather will oblige.

Last edited by BigGee on Fri 08 Sep 2017, 12:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys 9th September 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys 9th September 2017

Post by Hazel Sapling Sat 09 Sep 2017, 5:03 pm

Soft yellow for Davies. Him and Tips been involved a lot with Glasgow forwards especially Z Fagerson. O's can feel hard done by. They have played better than the scoreline.

They did manage to get nothing from 23 phases of attack in the 22 earlier so not overly inspired on the attacking side. Defensively unfortunate. At least 1 try too many for Glasgow.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys 9th September 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys 9th September 2017

Post by jimbopip Sat 09 Sep 2017, 5:04 pm

Yahoo WE. ARE. WARRIORS.... WE ARE WARRIORS Yahoo

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 09 Sep 2017, 5:07 pm

Dunbar seems to have lost a bit of bulk and gained some speed which is no bad thing - he looks a similar build to Duncan Taylor now.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 09 Sep 2017, 5:09 pm

A pretty good first home game for Glasgow

31-10 and a try bonus point to start the Dave Rennie home era.

Am happy enough with that, only slight downer was Oli Keeble hobbling off, having looked pretty handy this week after he came on.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat 09 Sep 2017, 5:17 pm

Well really the same as last week then, pretty even first half, but blown away second half, why all the changes just after h/t? Hope Olly recovers, apparently knocked flat out.

There has been a topic started on our Forum in the last week, our next 8 games, most are saying we might win 2 of them, but as the 2 wins are against Treviso away and Dragons, it probably will be 8 straight losses with this same regime in situ.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 09 Sep 2017, 5:18 pm

Just interviewed Dave Rennie, he sounds a hard man to please as well. Did not sound ecstatic about a bonus point win against one of the top teams in the league.

You get the feeling he wants there to be a lot more to come

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sat 09 Sep 2017, 6:26 pm

Gibbins is a handy player. Really good signing. Dunbar is in the form of his life as well. Warriors looking handy this season, making the Ospreys looking very average at times.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sat 09 Sep 2017, 11:42 pm

How the hell did Ross Ford keep George Turner out of the Edinburgh team. Thats 2 weeks in a row he has been really excellent.

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 10 Sep 2017, 2:34 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:Gibbins is a handy player. Really good signing. Dunbar is in the form of his life as well. Warriors looking handy this season, making the Ospreys looking very average at times.

Yes, yes and yes. Though, despite blitzing them in the first 10 mins we went into our shell and watched as they threw it side to side without really going anywhere. Try scored by O's Dan Evans was so soft after such stalwart defence. Card to Davies in last 10 gifting us the TBP was really harsh imho. Number of high tackles by O's was worrying esp the guy stretchered off - think that saved him from a card. As BG says above - happy with points, worried about Kebble, who in the short time he was on destroyed 2 of their scrums. Marius Mitrea remains a very poor referee !

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sun 10 Sep 2017, 3:13 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:Gibbins is a handy player. Really good signing. Dunbar is in the form of his life as well. Warriors looking handy this season, making the Ospreys looking very average at times.

Yes, yes and yes.   Though, despite blitzing them in the first 10 mins we went into our shell and watched as they threw it side to side without really going anywhere.   Try scored by O's Dan Evans was so soft after such stalwart defence.   Card to Davies in last 10 gifting us the TBP was really harsh imho.    Number of high tackles by O's was worrying esp the guy stretchered off - think that saved him from a card.   As BG says above - happy with points, worried about Kebble, who in the short time he was on destroyed 2 of their scrums.    Marius Mitrea remains a very poor referee !

Schiz, I wouldn't take what Kebble did in that game as anything, he was propping up against probably the worst tighthead to play any time in the Pro 14 this season, (there has only been 2 series of matches, and I'm quite confident that what I put above will still be the same at seasons end), as I put earlier in this thread I couldn't see any of this game and have only the people on here and the Ospreys Forum to guide me, a couple on our Forum reckoned Cracknell was our best player, and if it hadn't have been for the 17 points that were gifted to you, by especially our 10, it would have been a lot closer, although none of our posters reckoned we would have got anything out of this game anyway.

As for Mitrea, he never has been top notch and would have expected criticism from one set of supporters, if not both.

I just hope our Coaching staff will somehow soon become to realise that Rhodri Jones will never become a decent tighthead, and start to play him in his natural position of loose head, even Paul James could do a better job anchoring our scrum, next weekend would be a good time to put this experiment to bed.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 10 Sep 2017, 5:29 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:How the hell did Ross Ford keep George Turner out of the Edinburgh team.   Thats 2 weeks in a row he has been really excellent.    

ford was playing the best I have seen him last season. Really on top of his game and looked a different player to the tortured soul of a few years ago

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 10 Sep 2017, 5:32 pm

FES, I think putting together two good games is a bit early to be talking about form. We're not the MFL, you know.

As we say in Scotstoun, Form is temporary: Class is permanent.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 10 Sep 2017, 9:07 pm

Will take any win over the Ospreys - the scored almost certainly flattered us given that we lost out quite seriously on possession over the match. However, we are nowhere near the finished product (to say nothing of having a much less than full strength squad available) and that is an exciting prospect.

Is this the season that Adam Ashe decides that he is not a Johnnie Beattie one season wonder?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon 11 Sep 2017, 1:47 am

Glasgows defence was decent but the attack looked very rusty

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Mon 11 Sep 2017, 10:28 am

Any update on Kebble's injury, looked bad. Bloody unlucky on his home debut

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 11 Sep 2017, 12:55 pm

Moon boot on for Kebble - reckon 6 -8 weeks out !

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 11 Sep 2017, 1:04 pm

wayne wrote:
21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:

Yes, yes and yes.   Though, despite blitzing them in the first 10 mins we went into our shell and watched as they threw it side to side without really going anywhere.   Try scored by O's Dan Evans was so soft after such stalwart defence.   Card to Davies in last 10 gifting us the TBP was really harsh imho.    Number of high tackles by O's was worrying esp the guy stretchered off - think that saved him from a card.   As BG says above - happy with points, worried about Kebble, who in the short time he was on destroyed 2 of their scrums.    Marius Mitrea remains a very poor referee !

Schiz, I wouldn't take what Kebble did in that game as anything, he was propping up against probably the worst tighthead to play any time in the Pro 14 this season, (there has only been 2 series of matches, and I'm quite confident that what I put above will still be the same at seasons end), as I put earlier in this thread I couldn't see any of this game and have only the people on here and the Ospreys Forum to guide me, a couple on our Forum reckoned Cracknell was our best player, and if it hadn't have been for the 17 points that were gifted to you, by especially our 10, it would have been a lot closer, although none of our posters reckoned we would have got anything out of this game anyway.

As for Mitrea, he never has been top notch and would have expected criticism from one set of supporters, if not both.

I just hope our Coaching staff will somehow soon become to realise that Rhodri Jones will never become a decent tighthead, and start to play him in his natural position of loose head, even Paul James could do a better job anchoring our scrum, next weekend would be a good time to put this experiment to bed.

Wayne, thought your best player on Saturday was Dan Evans. Looked good and gave a sound FB performance. My criticism towards Mitrea was for his handling of the game - i.e. unsure and hesitant, which I am sure confused both sides. Any way good luck for the rest of the season esp. this week v Munster furious and will see you down in Swansea later this year (Nov ?)

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 11 Sep 2017, 1:25 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Moon boot on for Kebble - reckon 6 -8 weeks out !

I'd probably settle for that. Always hard to see exactly where they are limping from as they hobble off, but I was worried it was a knee, which may have been a whole lot longer.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Mon 11 Sep 2017, 2:02 pm

Yep. I thought it was his knee / ACL too. He and Fagerson looked solid together, so I hope he's back soon

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2