The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The transfers/swaps that should happen.

+6
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Sin é
rodders
tlazarus9
Shifty
red_stag
10 posters

Go down

The transfers/swaps that should happen. Empty The transfers/swaps that should happen.

Post by red_stag Thu 9 Jun 2011 - 7:46

What are the rugby transfers or player exchanges that you think would make sense. For example one poster mentioned that it would be beneficial for both teams if Ulster's Darren Cave (centre) and Munster's Ian Nagle (lock) swapped teams. What examples can you think of that would suit both parties or what signings would just make sense.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

The transfers/swaps that should happen. Empty Re: The transfers/swaps that should happen.

Post by Shifty Thu 9 Jun 2011 - 8:23

Gavin Henson to Cardiff as Fly Half, Dan Parks to leave
or
Gavin Henson as Inside Centre to Scarlets to replace Regan King.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

The transfers/swaps that should happen. Empty Re: The transfers/swaps that should happen.

Post by tlazarus9 Thu 9 Jun 2011 - 8:54

Gavin Henson to Cardiff, Parks to leave

Morgan Allen to Cardiff, Molitika almost if not retired

Josh Navidi, Rory Pitman, Daf Hewitt, Sonny Parker, Duncan Jones to the Dragons to make them more competitive in winning games.

tlazarus9

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 9 Jun 2011 - 9:30

red_stag wrote:What are the rugby transfers or player exchanges that you think would make sense. For example one poster mentioned that it would be beneficial for both teams if Ulster's Darren Cave (centre) and Munster's Ian Nagle (lock) swapped teams. What examples can you think of that would suit both parties or what signings would just make sense.

Why Stag? Cave has really stepped up to the plate at Ulster again and will really push for a starting place next season. I think Paddy Wallace is the one who might struggle to get games if Cave, Marshall and Spence are fit. Ulster are also ok in the 2nd row department with Touhy, Muller and the much underrated Barker.

Munster have Barnes now at 13 and Johny Murphy and Earls can play there too and Nagle will surely get more starts next season.

Munster need a 12 though so I'd swap Ian Whitten for Ronan O'Gara if your interested?

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 9 Jun 2011 - 9:34

I'd say the Ulstermen would fancy that swap alright! How about Luke Marshall for Nagle! Munster would be crazy to let Nagle go anywhere - you need the genetics for one thing. At least you can convert other players to centre as height isn't a factor.

Maybe Duncan Williams for Cave might work out - but to be honest, doing swaps like that in rugby would be wrong imo,its got a whiff of slave trading to it. Compensation / transfer fee would have to be introduced like the footballers.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 9 Jun 2011 - 9:37

roddersm wrote:
red_stag wrote:What are the rugby transfers or player exchanges that you think would make sense. For example one poster mentioned that it would be beneficial for both teams if Ulster's Darren Cave (centre) and Munster's Ian Nagle (lock) swapped teams. What examples can you think of that would suit both parties or what signings would just make sense.

Why Stag? Cave has really stepped up to the plate at Ulster again and will really push for a starting place next season. I think Paddy Wallace is the one who might struggle to get games if Cave, Marshall and Spence are fit. Ulster are also ok in the 2nd row department with Touhy, Muller and the much underrated Barker.

Munster have Barnes now at 13 and Johny Murphy and Earls can play there too and Nagle will surely get more starts next season.

Munster need a 12 though so I'd swap Ian Whitten for Ronan O'Gara if your interested?

Plus Stevenson returning to the fold?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 9 Jun 2011 - 10:15

Good for a discussion forum but it wouldn't be good for Rugby. I agree with Sin's comment Erm
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Thu 9 Jun 2011 - 10:39

Leicester should have attempted to sign Steffon Armitage as they are short of genuine open-side flankers (who they trust, unfortunately for Matt Everard). They could have swapped him for Billy Twelvetrees who is being squeezed at the club, he’d have been a better option than DJ Shape.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 9 Jun 2011 - 10:44

tlazarus9 wrote:Gavin Henson to Cardiff, Parks to leave

Morgan Allen to Cardiff, Molitika almost if not retired

Josh Navidi, Rory Pitman, Daf Hewitt, Sonny Parker, Duncan Jones to the Dragons to make them more competitive in winning games.

We don't need Navidi other than for a squad player he wouldn't get game time ahead of Lydiate Faletau or Evans.

Dunc would be more than welcomed though because we do struggle up front but would have preferred we got Mitchell.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by tlazarus9 Thu 9 Jun 2011 - 11:02

Which one of Lydiate, Faletau or Evans is an openside of Navidi's quality?

Eventhough he wears jersey 6 for Glam Wands he's a 7, and has huge potential.

tlazarus9

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 9 Jun 2011 - 11:28

Evans had a fantastic season this year at 7, I always seen him as a 6 but has changed my opinion this season.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by umbrella14 Thu 9 Jun 2011 - 18:40

[qu
ote="bedfordwelsh"]Evans had a fantastic season this year at 7, I always seen him as a 6 but has changed my opinion this season.[/quote]
Watched Navadi a few times, looks busy but does not do much, watch the tackle count not that many! but looks the part around the pitch without doing a lot.

umbrella14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down