The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

best odi eleven over the last 12 months

5 posters

Go down

best odi eleven over the last 12 months Empty best odi eleven over the last 12 months

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:35 pm

so i have done the greatest odi eleven ever, now what is your odi eleven based on the last 12 months this is mine:

1)Tikkalratne Dilshan (C)
2)Shane Watson
3)Jonathon Trott
4)Shakib All-Hasan
5)Sachin Tendulkar
6)Mike Hussey
7)M.s.Dhoni (wk)
8)Graeme Swann
9)Brett Lee
10)Ray Price
11)Tim Southee

Back to top Go down

best odi eleven over the last 12 months Empty Re: best odi eleven over the last 12 months

Post by activereactive Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:44 pm

1)Tikkalratne Dilshan (C) 🤦

activereactive

Back to top Go down

best odi eleven over the last 12 months Empty Re: best odi eleven over the last 12 months

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:48 pm

i wanted him as captain, make your own side if u dont agree.

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:40 pm

Sachin Tendulkar
Shane Watson
Virat Kohli
AB De Villiers
Mike Hussey
Yuvraj Singh
Mahendra Singh Dhoni(WK)
Graeme Swann
Dale Steyn
Zaheer Khan
Lasit Malinga

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:42 pm

very good side mate Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:47 pm

1. Hashim Amla
2. Sachin Tendulkar
3. Shane Watson
4. A.B. de Villiers
5. Michael Hussey
6. M.S. Dhoni (c)(w/k)
7. Shahid Afridi
8. Daniel Vettori
9. Morne Morkel
10. Zaheer Khan
11. Lasith Malinga

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:55 pm

good side sonic, but a little worried about your tail. Afridi is really only a bowler who can slog a few nowadays. Also would like to find space for Yuvraj Singh.

Mine would look something like:
Tendulkar
Watson
Trott
De Villiers
Yuvraj Singh
Mike Hussey
MS Dhoni (wk)
Vettori (capt)
Morkel
Zaheer Khan
Southee

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:58 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:good side sonic, but a little worried about your tail. Afridi is really only a bowler who can slog a few nowadays. Also would like to find space for Yuvraj Singh.

Mine would look something like:
Tendulkar
Watson
Trott
De Villiers
Yuvraj Singh
Mike Hussey
MS Dhoni (wk)
Vettori (capt)
Morkel
Zaheer Khan
Southee
I had Dan the Man who can bat in front of Boom Boom if needed.

Yuvraj until the WC, was off the boil for 18 months !!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:01 am

true sonic, my team is very influenced by the world cup, and yuvraj was excellent there. Not convinced either Vettori or Afridi is really good enough to bat 7 though...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:04 am

Mad for Chelsea wrote:true sonic, my team is very influenced by the world cup, and yuvraj was excellent there. Not convinced either Vettori or Afridi is really good enough to bat 7 though...
Yeah I suppose so, mind you Vettori bats 6 in the NZ Test side and average 50 odd over the last 4 years!

With a batting line up of Sachin, Amla, Watson, AB, Hussey and MSD - that should be plenty of batting without the need to worry about number 7-8 lol

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:04 am

fair point sonic, fair point. When I'm picking "best of" teams I usually go for the best keeper at 6 as I reckon the top 6 can score the runs, so five bowlers is a decent option here.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:49 am

Yuvraj may not have been very consistent in the beginning of the concerned, but he had an absolutely wonderful WC. moreover, even when his batting dipped, he did well with the ball. and I believe Swann has been more of a wicket taker than Dan, and he can also give the ball a thumping at the end. Watson being an all-rounder, and Yuvraj in the middle, there shouldn't be a lot of problems in that department. Kohli has been a revelation over the last year and a half, and I strongly feel he deserves to be in there.

With Malinga, Zak and Steyn, the pace bowling unit should be in fine hands with enough of variation also among them.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:49 am

yuvraj was outstanidng in the world cup

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:31 am

Tendulkar
Amla
Trott
Jayawardene
De Villiers
M.Hussey
Mathews
Vettori
Malinga
Zaheer
Ajmal

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:26 pm

i would question matthews being in there, his form over last 12 months in odi cricket isnt great.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down