The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Task 1 Main Page & Boardroom meeting page

+5
Fluxy
BamBam
Trebs
Marky
Fernando
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Task 1 Main Page & Boardroom meeting page - Page 2 Empty Task 1 Main Page & Boardroom meeting page

Post by Fernando Wed 17 Jan 2018, 12:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

Winners of Task 1 - TEAM Bam
Fired - Tino

Last edited by Fernando on Wed 24 Jan 2018, 1:10 pm; edited 3 times in total

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Task 1 Main Page & Boardroom meeting page - Page 2 Empty Re: Task 1 Main Page & Boardroom meeting page

Post by Afro Wed 24 Jan 2018, 2:59 pm

My quick thoughts that I gave Nando (he asked for them before you ask)

Lozano is not going to come to us. Being linked with massive clubs, so that one feels unrealistic. But then they both went for him
I don't agree with Vrsjalko being better than Coleman
Not sure how much they have seen Neres to think he would walk into the side.
No point investing in the youth facilities - they are already top drawer. A quick google would have shown that.
Mawson, Sturaro, Silva and De Vrij all been linked to us so all seem reasonable suggestions.
Giroud (well his missus) has turned us down twice. Can't see why he'd change his mind.
Selling McCarthy whilst injured isn't an option. Whilst there is an ethical element to it, no one is going to buy him as he won't pass a medical, and he has a contract.
Like the use of Rooney with the academy.

And from my experience of watching The Apprentice, Alan Sugar does what he wants and fire who he wants. If he didn't like the amount of effort that someone put in, or how well a team works together, he wouldn't think twice about firing them. Win or not
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Task 1 Main Page & Boardroom meeting page - Page 2 Empty Re: Task 1 Main Page & Boardroom meeting page

Post by BamBam Wed 24 Jan 2018, 3:11 pm

Not bad at all then

Other targets we considered
Hector (mentioned), Gelson Martins, Sisto, Seri, Gameiro

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed 24 Jan 2018, 3:18 pm

Hector (mentioned), Gelson Martins, Sisto, Seri, Gameiro

Hector has been linked too
Gelson Martins - linked with much bigger clubs
Sisto - not been linked with us as far as I know, but seems a reasonable target
Seri - has been linked with us, so maybe. But to be honest I laughed when I saw the real life report, so wouldn't have considered him for this task. He is linked with much bigger clubs
Gameiro - think there has been genuine interest and we have sent scouts to watch him in the last, so would have been a good choice.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Wed 24 Jan 2018, 3:39 pm

Bam stated that he had to help me a lot but I was the one who researched the facilities and found that they were one of the best in the country, hence why I wasnt sure we needed to consider it

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Wed 24 Jan 2018, 3:40 pm

He answered questions but I wasnt sure where to go with it really

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 24 Jan 2018, 3:55 pm

Well we won anyway, I did think my team all performed well just had to pick a weakest link

I still would like clarification on which approach to the budget was right, ours counting total contract cost or the other team counting 12/18 months!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 24 Jan 2018, 4:55 pm

BamBam wrote:I still would like clarification on which approach to the budget was right, ours counting total contract cost or the other team counting 12/18 months!

Rightly or wrongly, I took the 12/18 month option based on these answers, and linked them.

Fernando wrote:Answers to your questions

1. Will wages be factored in? A yearly wage would need to be specified & deducted from Budget (This may include Sign on fees/Bonuses)
2. What is the timeframe to achieve the target? 18 months as Mr Moshiri would like to see a return on his money put into the club

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 24 Jan 2018, 4:57 pm

He's given two conflicting answers then Laugh

Fernando wrote:
I also assume it is only 18 months worth of wages we should be including for new signings for our budget?  

Not necessarily as not many players will take an 18 month contract  

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Wed 24 Jan 2018, 9:28 pm

Just want to place on record that Bam did a very good job in this task in terms of leadership. I know as we did a lot via PM it doesn't show so much.

I would have preferred slightly more feedback on the task though.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed 24 Jan 2018, 9:51 pm

Coincidentally Lozano is being linked with us tonight as we are about to employ the PSV Director of Football
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 25 Jan 2018, 9:21 am

Thanks Trebs Hug

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Fri 26 Jan 2018, 1:43 pm

It's almost as if being in charge of the Apprentice is difficult and no-one's ever happy with the decisions made Whistle

Some nice choices of signings. Can't believe anyone would sell Baines though, not with that barnet.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 26 Jan 2018, 2:47 pm

tiis alright i give zero f*cks about their happiness Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Fri 26 Jan 2018, 3:49 pm

Nando you're fired. You need to be a compassionate leader.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 26 Jan 2018, 4:04 pm

*notes Trebs on my firing list*

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2