The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheating

+16
tigertattie
David-Douglas
Allty
munkian
nlpnlp
aucklandlaurie
BamBam
beshocked
TJ
Scarpia
mikey_dragon
lostinwales
TightHEAD
Geordie
marty2086
rapidsnowman
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Cheating - Page 2 Empty Cheating

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 27 Mar 2018, 11:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

After all the furore following the recent aussie cricket 'tactics' and several discussions on this forum and others it got me to thinking; what is the line for everyone regarding bending or breaking the rules. I've said before if you're not breaking the rules hay are you doing on a rugby field?

Having said that perhaps a touch tongue in cheek is blood gate ever justifiable. Is the french use of head assessments? Is it merely down to the colour shirt you wear for some!?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Cheating - Page 2 Empty Re: Cheating

Post by tigertattie Thu 19 Apr 2018, 2:49 pm

emack2 wrote:Until recently a RFU Scrum forum concluded that assuming a correctly engaged  scrum,concluded it was
physically impossible.To feed square so the squint feed was sort of ignored many hookersactually had
to learn to rake the ball.

A nonsense forum that would be then! In what world can a ball not be rolled into a scrum in a straight line?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Thu 19 Apr 2018, 3:29 pm

In what world can a ball not be rolled into a scrum in a straight line?

Probably the same world were balls are passed 'backwards' yet are collected by the recipient 15 yards further down the pitch, something to do with Continental Drift, Coriolis force and the rotation of the earth.

(I agree with you by the way)
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Fri 20 Apr 2018, 1:29 am

Please don`t show your ignorance the forum was were leading scrum experts the conclusion was.That
if the scrum was set up to the then rules,the hook was physically impossible by the length of the ball.
Squint feeds were given a nod and a wink.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 20 Apr 2018, 6:31 am

That's not quite true is it. The ball still has p go in straight buy the scrum half can align himself with his hookers shoulder.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Fri 20 Apr 2018, 1:00 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:That's not quite true is it. The ball still has p go in straight buy the scrum half can align himself with his hookers shoulder.

Yeah this.

At scrum practice last night, I (back rower) was rolling the ball in so the 9s could go off with the backs and I was told off by the front row for putting it in too centrally. Basically, if I put it in dead centre, the hooker would have to stand up too much to get his feet out to the ball, which would destabilise the whole scrum. So I took a step to my right and did it again.

You can't roll it into the second row and the hookers have to hook, but you can shift slightly towards your pack.

It's the same as in a line-out, the ball has to go down the channel between the two lines, but you can be slightly towards your own pack. As long as the jumper isn't taking the ball directly over his head, its normally deemed straight enough.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Fri 20 Apr 2018, 11:04 pm

Of course was talking about scrums before the latest changes.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum