The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All different clubs in the bag for Patrick Reed?

+4
pedro
George1507
navyblueshorts
I'm never wrong
8 posters

Go down

All different clubs in the bag for Patrick Reed? Empty All different clubs in the bag for Patrick Reed?

Post by I'm never wrong Tue 17 Apr 2018, 3:30 am

After ending his endorsement with Callaway it sounds like Patrick Reed has a number of different club manufacturers in his bag. Go to 1:15 of CNBC Interview

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

All different clubs in the bag for Patrick Reed? Empty Re: All different clubs in the bag for Patrick Reed?

Post by McLaren Tue 17 Apr 2018, 4:24 am

I think Matty Fitz might be another player without a club deal.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

All different clubs in the bag for Patrick Reed? Empty Re: All different clubs in the bag for Patrick Reed?

Post by super_realist Tue 17 Apr 2018, 1:06 pm

Makes sense, no point being a FKW when you've got millions in the bank.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 17 Apr 2018, 1:08 pm

super_realist wrote:Makes sense, no point being a FKW when you've got millions in the bank.

Maybe premier league players should stop wearing the full kit.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by George1507 Tue 17 Apr 2018, 3:55 pm

After the way I played today, all the famous club makers are lining up to offer me money not to play their equipment.

Shocked

Had high hopes for today after the weather seems to have changed for the better. Wish I hadn't bothered.

George1507

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 17 Apr 2018, 4:25 pm

McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:Makes sense, no point being a FKW when you've got millions in the bank.

Do you even know what a FKW is Mac? It doesn't refer to people on the pitch, it refers to people wearing full kit whilst watching football, out getting their messages, driving lesson, pub etc.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 18 Apr 2018, 4:15 am

super_realist wrote:
McLaren wrote:

Do you even know what a FKW is Mac? It doesn't refer to people on the pitch, it refers to people wearing full kit whilst watching football, out getting their messages, driving lesson, pub etc.
That doesn't make a lot of sense then. Who was suggesting Reed (or any other golf pro) wears much kit when not at 'work'?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by George1507 Wed 18 Apr 2018, 6:53 am

Patrick Reed turned up at a baseball game in Texas wearing his green jacket last week.

Don't know if that makes him a FKW, or just a W.

George1507

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 18 Apr 2018, 7:23 am

If he had a pink polo under, then yes.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed 18 Apr 2018, 7:28 am

George1507 wrote:Patrick Reed turned up at a baseball game in Texas wearing his green jacket last week.

Don't know if that makes him a FKW, or just a W.

If you'd just won the green jacket wouldn't you want to wear it everywhere? I would. Until the novelty wore off.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 18 Apr 2018, 7:35 am

Almost all the past Masters champions have worn the green jacket to events like that in the year after their win. I have heard it said that the reason they are allowed to take the jacket off the premises for a year after they win is to get exactly that sort of promotion for the event/club to the world outside golf.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 18 Apr 2018, 2:20 pm

The Green Jacket is the 2nd most hideous trophy in golf, the #1 being the one for the Tiger Challenge or whatever it's called.

Just a ghastly piece of clothing.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 18 Apr 2018, 2:22 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
super_realist wrote:
McLaren wrote:

That doesn't make a lot of sense then. Who was suggesting Reed (or any other golf pro) wears much kit when not at 'work'?

The FKW remark was related to having a set of clubs i.e. Callaway being in his bag from Putter to Driver, given how rich most of the top players are, I'm surprised more don't just please themselves.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Thu 19 Apr 2018, 7:07 am

As you're only allowed it off site during the time you are the reigning champion, then yeah you'd wear it loads if it was your first major or first time Masters winner.

It is aesthetically awful as a garment, but I'd rather wear that than the 2 foot model of the clubhouse.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down