The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Champions Cup Semi finals..

+25
Exiledinborders
TightHEAD
TheMildlyFranticLlama
eirebilly
whocares
BamBam
ScarletSpiderman
Geen sport voor watjes
Sin é
Pot Hale
Artful_Dodger
mikey_dragon
No9
carpet baboon
VinceWLB
Stewie15
Noble-Surfer
RugbyFan100
Engine#4
LordDowlais
the-goon
Brendan
thebandwagonsociety
LondonTiger
munkian
29 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

2018 Champions Cup Final - will be (predictions)

Champions Cup Semi finals..  Vote_lcap50%Champions Cup Semi finals..  Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 15 ]
Champions Cup Semi finals..  Vote_lcap27%Champions Cup Semi finals..  Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 8 ]
Champions Cup Semi finals..  Vote_lcap17%Champions Cup Semi finals..  Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 5 ]
Champions Cup Semi finals..  Vote_lcap6%Champions Cup Semi finals..  Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 30

Champions Cup Semi finals..  Empty Champions Cup Semi finals..

Post by No9 Tue 17 Apr 2018, 1:03 pm

Surprised there's been no build up to it on the forum, so to start discussion, give your predictions for who will be in the final in the poll.

No9

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup Semi finals..  Empty Re: Champions Cup Semi finals..

Post by Brendan Tue 17 Apr 2018, 8:35 pm

Went with Leinster v Racing.

Munster got there with a bit of luck and have been ok but not great and away in France is a hard place to go.
Treviso probably was the kick up the backside Leinster would have needed to focus the mind.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 17 Apr 2018, 10:24 pm

I didn’t vote, but I have a feeling it will be an all Irish final.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Tue 17 Apr 2018, 10:51 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:I didn’t vote, but I have a feeling it will be an all Irish final.

If there is going to be an upset with will be by a team who can score from anywhere Hug

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 18 Apr 2018, 7:57 am

Leinster Rugby v Scarlets

Saturday, 21 April 
Kick-off: 15:30
Aviva Stadium

Referee: Romain Poite (Fra)

Assistant Referee 1: Mathieu Raynal (Fra)

Assistant Referee 2: Pierre Brousset (Fra)

TMO: Philippe Bonhoure (Fra)
Citing Commissioner: Shaun Gallagher (Eng)

TV: Sky Sports / beIN SPORTS

Notes;

-The clubs have met seven times previously in the European Cup with Leinster winning five of those matches (L2), including the last four in a row.

This will be Leinster's 10th semi-final appearance, only Munster (13, including 2017/8) have featured in more (Toulouse also on 10).

-Just one of Leinster’s previous nine semi-finals have been against Welsh opposition, that was back in the first edition of the Champions Cup in 1995/96 when they were beaten by Cardiff.

Scarlets have reached this stage of the Champions Cup for the first time since 2006/07 and for the fourth time overall; they have yet to progress to the final, however.

-Leinster are the only side with a 100% winning record in this season's Champions Cup and could become just the second club after Saracens in 2015/16 to win every match in a campaign. Leinster did go unbeaten during their 2011/12 triumph (W8, D1).

-No side has averaged more tries per game than Leinster this season (3.6, same as Saracens), whilst the province has also conceded the fewest penalties per match (7.6).

-The Scarlets have won 94% of their own lineouts in this campaign, the best rate of any side.

Luke McGrath (1 try, 6 assists) and Gareth Davies (4 tries, 3 assists) have both been directly involved in seven tries this season, no player has had a hand in more (also Dan Evans).

-Ken Owens (105) is one of just two players to make 100+ tackles this season (Tom Dunn, 119).

-Tadhg Beirne has won five more turnovers (16) than any other player this season, nine of those have been jackals.

Stolen from the Scarlets website
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Wed 18 Apr 2018, 9:11 am

Beirne is just a machine.
To be honest whoever wins this will win in the final, and as much as I would like it to be Leinster I would be happy to see Scarlets lift the trophy

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Wed 18 Apr 2018, 9:30 am

carpet baboon wrote:Beirne is just a machine.
To be honest whoever wins this will win in the final, and as much as I would like it to be Leinster I would be happy to see Scarlets lift the trophy

As much as I want an all Irish Final I think Scarlets would be the best winner as a Pro 14 follower. I think some teams don't believe they can win Europe if they aren't Irish and getting to the Quarters is good enough. If Scarlets won we get a new winner which is always good, and it means teams that win the Pro 14 would believe in themselves a bit more.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 18 Apr 2018, 11:47 am

I think the pressure is on Leinster - a very big team that hasn't won anything in a while.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 18 Apr 2018, 5:05 pm

So Lancaster reckons Leinster have learnt a lot from their play-off defeat to Scarlets last season... Personally I don't think they've learnt anything!

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 18 Apr 2018, 5:06 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Referee: Romain Poite (Fra)

Have you noticed how Welsh players tend to really struggle with both French and SH ref's?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Wed 18 Apr 2018, 7:37 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:

Have you noticed how Welsh players tend to really struggle with both French and SH ref's?

Getting your excuses in early?

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Wed 18 Apr 2018, 8:11 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:

Not as much as with Irish refs though..... laughing
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Wed 18 Apr 2018, 8:17 pm

I see Linster have decided not to name their team until 11am on Friday to allow sufficient time for injuries to be considered.

Last edited by Pot Hale on Fri 20 Apr 2018, 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 19 Apr 2018, 1:36 pm

How do Leinster get a home semi final ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 19 Apr 2018, 1:44 pm

LordDowlais wrote:How do Leinster get a home semi final ?

Technically they have not.  As both these teams won home 1/4 finals the semi is in the country of the highest seeded winner.

Full rules below, but I believe there is no scenario where Scarlets would have had a semi in Wales (ie if Saracens had won it would have been in England)

KNOCKOUT STAGE
2.4 The clubs ranked 1 to 4 will have home advantage for the quarter-finals as follows:
Club 1 v Club 8 (QF1)
Club 4 v Club 5 (QF2)
Club 3 v Club 6 (QF3)
Club 2 v Club 7 (QF4)

NB The format for the semi-final matches in the Champions Cup recognises performances by clubs during the pool stages as well as the achievement of clubs winning quarter-final matches away from home.

The winner of QF1 will play the winner of QF2 in one semi-final, and the winner of QF3 will play the winner of QF4 in the other semi-final as follows:

Semi-final 1: winner QF1 v winner QF2
Semi-final 2: winner QF3 v winner QF4

The semi-final matches will be played at venues designated by EPCR, but the following clubs will have home country advantage in their respective semi-final matches:

(a) For Semi-final 1

If the clubs ranked 1 and 4 win their QFs, the club ranked 1 will have home country

If the clubs ranked 1 and 5 win their QFs, the club ranked 5 will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 8 and 4 win their QFs, the club ranked 8 will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 8 and 5 win their QFs, the club ranked 5 will have home country advantage

(b) For Semi-final 2

If the clubs ranked 3 and 2 win their QFs, the club ranked 2 will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 3 and 7 win their QFs, the club ranked 7 will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 6 and 2 win their QFs, the club ranked 6 will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 6 and 7 win their QFs, the club ranked 6 will have home country advantage

2.5 The final match will be played at a venue designated by EPCR.

2.6 In the event of a tie at full-time in the quarter-finals, semi-finals or final, extra time of 10 minutes each way will be played. If the scores remain tied, the winner will be determined as follows:
(a) the club that scored the most tries in the match (including extra time) or
(b) if equal, by a place-kick competition.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Thu 19 Apr 2018, 1:52 pm

Doh Beaten to it ...

Careful LD... I had the gaul to say something similar on another thread, said, that Leinster had an unfair advantage with the game in the Aviva. If I did....

Was told that the Aviva is not Leinster's home ground, hence its neutral.. Was told it was the rules and I should read them (many times).. and so it went on.

As I said, I know what the rules are, but I questioned the fairness of holding it in the Aviva and that in effect it was a home semi for Leinster. I also said that the Richo ws available, as if Sarries had won it would have been played there, so why couldn't it be played there to make it truly neutral, but again was hit by replies on replies saying, "read the rules" and the Aviva is neutral. steam

To answer your question, it is down to seeding and the teams placing. In a nutshell the highest team placing is allowed to nominate a "neutral" ground in their home country. Hence Sarries would have picked the Richo. Why Leinster wasn't told it had to be Ravenhill or Thormand I don't know, as surly that would be more neutral than the Aviva. But the actual wording (from the ERC website) is below..

Never mind, will make it even more sweet when the Scarlets beat them Yahoo

Semi Final rules wrote:

The winner of QF1 will play the winner of QF2 in one semi-final, and the winner of QF3 will play the winner of QF4 in the other semi-final as follows:

The semi-final matches will be played at venues designated by EPCR, but the following clubs will have home country advantage in their respective semi-final matches:

(a)  For Semi-final 1

If the clubs ranked 1 and 4 win their QFs, the club ranked 1 will have home country

If the clubs ranked 1 and 5 win their QFs, the club ranked 5 will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 8 and 4 win their QFs, the club ranked 8 will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 8 and 5 win their QFs, the club ranked 5 will have home country advantage

(b)  For Semi-final 2

If the clubs ranked 3 and 2 win their QFs, the club ranked 2 will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 3 and 7 win their QFs, the club ranked 7 will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 6 and 2 win their QFs, the club ranked 6 will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 6 and 7 win their QFs, the club ranked 6 will have home country advantage

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Thu 19 Apr 2018, 1:57 pm

I appreciate the ruling, but there should be some exceptions, to avoid home advantage.

Maybe, it should have been home country advantage BUT away from home town/city. Then they would have had to pick Thormand or Ravenhill.

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Thu 19 Apr 2018, 2:01 pm

LondonTiger wrote:

Technically they have not.  As both these teams won home 1/4 finals the semi is in the country of the highest seeded winner.

Full rules below, but I believe there is no scenario where Scarlets would have had a semi in Wales (ie if Saracens had won it would have been in England)

KNOCKOUT STAGE
2.4 The clubs ranked 1 to 4 will have home advantage for the quarter-finals as follows:
Club 1 v Club 8 (QF1)
Club 4 v Club 5 (QF2)
Club 3 v Club 6 (QF3)
Club 2 v Club 7 (QF4)

NB The format for the semi-final matches in the Champions Cup recognises performances by clubs during the pool stages as well as the achievement of clubs winning quarter-final matches away from home.

(a) For Semi-final 1

(b) For Semi-final 2

2.5 The final match will be played at a venue designated by EPCR.

2.6 In the event of a tie at full-time in the quarter-finals, semi-finals or final, extra time of 10 minutes each way will be played. If the scores remain tied, the winner will be determined as follows:
(a) the club that scored the most tries in the match (including extra time) or
(b) if equal, by a place-kick competition.

The bit I don't understand is how the team ranked 8 (Sarries) would have been able to have the game played in England over the team ranked 4 (Scarlets) as that completely screws up the rational that the highest seeded team was allowed the game in their home country Shocked

Under NO circumstances could the Scarlets have got a home final, yet the Sarries would have been guaranteed it (if they'd won). Really screwy logic.. Erm

Last edited by No9 on Thu 19 Apr 2018, 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 19 Apr 2018, 2:03 pm

Well technically Ravenhill would be in a neutral country.

Also both Ravenhill and Thomond Park fail to meet the minimum size for holding a semi. Options are effectively Aviva or Croke Park - and Croke Park is not really an option.

Is is a benefit to Leinster? Yes of course - but one they created by having a better qualification series than Scarlets. Despite being in a tougher group, they won all 6 games.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Thu 19 Apr 2018, 2:08 pm

LondonTiger wrote:Well technically Ravenhill would be in a neutral country.

Also both Ravenhill and Thomond Park fail to meet the minimum size for holding a semi. Options are effectively Aviva or Croke Park - and Croke Park is not really an option.

Is is a benefit to Leinster? Yes of course - but one they created by having a better qualification series than Scarlets. Despite being in a tougher group, they won all 6 games.

Politically I agree.. but as Ulster is part of the IRFU, I don't see a problem with that.

As for size... That's a point, but haven't they held semi finals there before (or only Pro14 semi(s) & Finals).

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 19 Apr 2018, 2:11 pm

No9 wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:

The bit I don't understand is how the team ranked 8 (Sarries) would have been able to have the game played in England over the team ranked 4 (Scarlets) as that completely screws up the rational that the highest seeded team was allowed the game in their home country Shocked [/quote]

Winning away from home in 1/4 final is rewarded first, then seeding.

This means that if La Rochelle had won their 1/4 Final they would have played the semi in France irrespective of opponent (as higher seeded than Sarries)

What this also means is that as Clermont were seeded above Munster, it was impossible for Munster to have a "home" semi.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Thu 19 Apr 2018, 4:33 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
No9 wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:

The bit I don't understand is how the team ranked 8 (Sarries) would have been able to have the game played in England over the team ranked 4 (Scarlets) as that completely screws up the rational that the highest seeded team was allowed the game in their home country Shocked

Winning away from home in 1/4 final is rewarded first, then seeding.

This means that if La Rochelle had won their 1/4 Final they would have played the semi in France irrespective of opponent (as higher seeded than Sarries)

What this also means is that as Clermont were seeded above Munster, it was impossible for Munster to have a "home" semi.

[/quote]

Correct. The rejigged rules are aimed to try and have a team that plays in the QF and SF have to win on the road once. Any road team in a QF gets the home advantage for the SF. Only in a situation where both teams in a SF were winning home teams in the QF stage does it mean that one of those side can't be on the road (so the home advantage goes to the higher ranking side in that split). Fairly convoluted approach but better than a random on-line draw that no one ever watched like the old system.

Interesting all the shots at Leinster getting preferential treatment over Scarlets. It was only 1 season ago that Leinster had to go away in the SF to Clermont under the exact same rules and seedings.

On the venue, could quins pick HQ, could cardiff pick PS, could Racing/Stade pick SDF? Personally I'd have loved it if Leinster could choose Ashbourne or Mullingar for the game. Proper cosy venue with a good atmosphere and just passionate fans, none of your corporate attendees or your pink hat brigade or your RO'CK types

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Thu 19 Apr 2018, 5:11 pm

Brendan wrote:Went with Leinster v Racing.

Munster got there with a bit of luck and have been ok but not great and away in France is a hard place to go.
Treviso probably was the kick up the backside Leinster would have needed to focus the mind.

If anything Bordeaux will be a neutral territory not an away game for Münster. Expect more away supporters (extra rotations from air lingus will help) while the few Racing supporter travelling plans will be hampered by strikes. As for the locals they are more likely to support Munster anyway.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 19 Apr 2018, 9:16 pm

I don’t remember there being such moaning in ‘07 when we went away to the Walkers stadium to play Leicester.  And back then we had gone undefeated all the way to that point.  IMO if Leinster gave a ‘home’ advantage, it’s probably fair seeing as they have got this far undefeated rather than by being in the pool with an Italian sure.  OK
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Thu 19 Apr 2018, 9:51 pm

While it may seem a bit unfair that certain teams can never get a home semi it is fairer than the random draw it use to be. At least now everyone knows who gets what

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by the-goon Thu 19 Apr 2018, 11:14 pm

The simple solution is win 6 from 6 in the pool stage. Not Leinster's fault the Scarlets lost their first 2 games.

the-goon

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Fri 20 Apr 2018, 12:42 am

Stupid bellyaching by some people who can’t be bothered to read the rules.

Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 20 Apr 2018, 8:09 am

We know the rules thanks POT. Rolling Eyes

We just do not agree with them.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Engine#4 Fri 20 Apr 2018, 9:04 am

Boohoo. Irish teams have been getting screwed by away semis for years. Munster in particular. Leinster would have been away if La Rochelle had won despite winning all of their pool games. Disagreeing with the rules is all well and good but it is notable that most of the outcry is Welsh who seem happy to play World Cup games in Cardiff in perpetuity because 'that was the deal'.

Engine#4

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Fri 20 Apr 2018, 9:28 am

It's not Leinster's fault. They're not breaking any rules.

The criteria should really state something like "the stadium has to be at least 15 miles from the home ground of the home team".

I'm sure it used to say something like this in the Heineken Cup.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 20 Apr 2018, 9:32 am

Victim mentality is strong, have a day off lads the sun is out

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Fri 20 Apr 2018, 9:33 am

RugbyFan100 wrote:It's not Leinster's fault. They're not breaking any rules.

The criteria should really state something like "the stadium has to be at least 15 miles from the home ground of the home team".

Obviously this wasn't the case when Leicester "hosted" the Scarlets at Walkers in 2007..

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Fri 20 Apr 2018, 10:04 am

VinceWLB wrote:

Obviously this wasn't the case when Leicester "hosted" the Scarlets at Walkers in 2007..

No. I think maybe it was the semi finals that had that rule not the QF.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by Stewie15 Fri 20 Apr 2018, 10:25 am

RugbyFan100 wrote:
VinceWLB wrote:

I don't think so. Off the top of my head we had Leinster vs Perpignan @ Lansdowne road 2003 and Cardiff vs Leicester @ Millenium stadium 2009. Both were semi-finals.

Stewie15

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Fri 20 Apr 2018, 12:30 pm

Stewie15 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
VinceWLB wrote:

I don't think so. Off the top of my head we had Leinster vs Perpignan @ Lansdowne road 2003 and Cardiff vs Leicester @ Millenium stadium 2009. Both were semi-finals.

Maybe itw as just wishful thinking. When I went to Nottingham and Reading for semi finals I was under the impression that those venues where chosen for geographical reasons as well as capacity.

Either way the 15 mile thing should be introduced.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 20 Apr 2018, 12:38 pm

VinceWLB wrote:

I honestly can’t understand the moaning. I’m on one of 9 coaches cueing to get on the Fishguard ferry arm. Not one moan amongst us.

These moans are from not Turks, please don’t judge the rest of us by their comments. The Scarlets are on their way to Dublin, and regardless of what city it is, we WILL make the two teams know exactly who has the vocal support behind them!
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Fri 20 Apr 2018, 1:01 pm

LordDowlais wrote:We know the rules thanks POT. Rolling Eyes

We just do not agree with them.

Clearly you don’t know the rules or else you wouldn’t have asked the stupid question:

Last edited by Pot Hale on Fri 20 Apr 2018, 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Noble-Surfer Fri 20 Apr 2018, 2:05 pm

Teams for Leinster v Scarlets:

Leinster: R Kearney; McFadden, Ringrose, Henshaw, Nacewa; Sexton (capt), Gibson-Park; Healy, Cronin, Furlong, Toner, Ryan, Fardy, Leavy, J Murphy.

Replacements: Tracy, J McGrath, Porter, Molony, Conan, McCarthy, Carbery, Larmour.

Scarlets: Patchell; Halfpenny, S Williams, H Parkes, S Evans; D Jones, G Davies, R Evans, Owens (capt), Lee, Beirne, Bulbring, Shingler, J Davies, Barclay.

Replacements: Elias, D Evans, Kruger, Rawlins, Cummins, A Davies, Hughes, Boyde.

Noble-Surfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Stewie15 Fri 20 Apr 2018, 2:41 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
Stewie15 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
VinceWLB wrote:

Maybe itw as just wishful thinking. When I went to Nottingham and Reading for semi finals I was under the impression that those venues where chosen for geographical reasons as well as capacity.

Either way  the 15 mile thing should be introduced.
Other than Lansdowne road, the only stadium realistically big enough in Ireland to host a semi-final is Croke park. You couldn't force GAA to open the doors for it, they'd ask for a huge fee cutting ERC profits and would still be within 15 miles of the RDS. It's a non-runner of an idea.

Stewie15

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Fri 20 Apr 2018, 4:44 pm

Stewie15 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
Stewie15 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
VinceWLB wrote:

Either way  the 15 mile thing should be introduced.
Other than Lansdowne road, the only stadium realistically big enough in Ireland to host a semi-final is Croke park. You couldn't force GAA to open the doors for it, they'd ask for a huge fee cutting ERC profits and would still be within 15 miles of the RDS. It's a non-runner of an idea.

The min capacity required was 25,000*.  Ricoh Arena and Stade Delmas in France are 34,600.  So IRFU could, in theory, put forward a few stadia to EPCR to consider. The gate monies go to EPCR and they would be charged a stadium fee wherever they chose.  Pairc Ui Chaoimh in Cork (46,000) would be a good alternative - and I could see Munster playing there easily enough.  It’s 100km from Limerick and 250km from Dublin.  

*Apparently, the minimum capacity rule was dropped following poor turnouts in the UK in 2017.  However, if EPCR figure they can fill a 40-50k stadium - assuming the stadium rental fee is acceptable - they’ll obviously go for that.

Other options in Leinster would be Nowlan Park in Kilkenny 27,000 or pretty much most of RWC 23 bid stadia. But I suspect that Welsh fans wouldn’t thank EPCR giving them a trek to Derry or Kerry.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 21 Apr 2018, 9:39 am

Best of luck to Leinster and their fans today. Should be an absolute cracking match and one well worthy of the final.

The Scarlets will not lack any confidence facing Leinster in Ireland after their incredible victories against both Leinster and Munster in the Pro-12 run in last season.

Leinster, well they just look the best club team in Europe right now.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sat 21 Apr 2018, 10:01 am

I'm very surprised Scarlets have moved Patchell to fullback for a couple of reasons. First is that he has been their go to man ie when he plays well at 10 Scarlets play well as a whole and their backline will deliver. Second is Leinster will possibly adopt a kicking strategy (at least in the 1st half) and having Halfpenny at fullback would have come in handy.

That said i think this will probably be won or lost in the forwards.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Sat 21 Apr 2018, 1:06 pm

Vince, needs must. We are down four wingers, Varndell is a snail, and Conbeer/Nicholas as kids. So it was Patch 15, 1/2 wing or Cubby on the wing.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sat 21 Apr 2018, 1:52 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Vince, needs must.  We are down four wingers, Varndell is a snail, and Conbeer/Nicholas as kids.  So it was Patch 15, 1/2 wing or Cubby on the wing.

Yeah, this is probably the best, safest option.

Good luck, i hope this is a great game with no controversy.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 21 Apr 2018, 3:14 pm

What a loss Tadhg Beirne will be for the Scarlets but what an excellent signing for Munster. For me he has been one of the best players in Europe this season.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 21 Apr 2018, 3:42 pm

I would have to say that Larmour would have scored that for Leinster, McFadden simply does not have the legs.

Looks like a try for Ryan though.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sat 21 Apr 2018, 3:50 pm

Scarlets aren't winning this in a slugfest.

They will have to bring a more enterprising game like they did last year.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 21 Apr 2018, 4:01 pm

Relentless stuff from Leinster, my god they are a great side.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sat 21 Apr 2018, 4:03 pm

One way traffic.

Leinster clearly targeting the 10 channel.. Scarlets will need something special to win this.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 21 Apr 2018, 4:07 pm

The defensive reads from Henshaw and Sexton have nullified any open play that the Scarlets are looking for.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next