The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 10 press conference

+4
Afro
Marky
Brooksey79
nadeem2099
8 posters

Go down

Week 10 press conference  Empty Week 10 press conference

Post by nadeem2099 Fri 08 Jun 2018, 11:29 am

1. With the world cup on the way, how well do you think England will do in the competition
2. Who do you think will make the final.
3. How much racism will there be and what do you think about referees being given the power to abandon matches because of it.
4. Who do you think will be the top scorer
5. Which player being left out of the world cup has surprised you the most
6. Will you be watching all the world cup matches or only England's
7. What Russian beverage/food will you be having
8. Do you think Vladimir Putin should be given a guard of honor in the final by the teams
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Week 10 press conference  Empty Re: Week 10 press conference

Post by Brooksey79 Fri 08 Jun 2018, 11:45 am

1. With the world cup on the way, how well do you think England will do in the competition

Quarters.

Spain Germany.

3. How much racism will there be and what do you think about referees being given the power to abandon matches because of it.

Any amount is too much, and yes I think there will be some, I agree the ref's should pull the players off (behave) maybe then the minority will finally be silenced.

Neymar.

5. Which player being left out of the world cup has surprised you the most.

Zlatan because i thought Sweden could do with him, or Radja.

6. Will you be watching all the world cup matches or only England's.

Not feeling this one, so will dip in for the big group games and the glamour knock-out stages.

Vodka and some sweet and sour cabbage.

8. Do you think Vladimir Putin should be given a guard of honor in the final by the teams

yes, where he will hopefully be assassinated

Brooksey79

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 08 Jun 2018, 12:13 pm

Winning it m8.

England and one other side, depending on who is lucky enough to avoid us in the earlier rounds.

It won't happen as much as people think it will, but it probably will happen. Probably more so in games featuring Russia. For example, Russia v Saudi Arabia will be controversial. Referee's won't do anything. They'll plead ignorance.

Harry Kane

Leroy Sane, he probably deserved his place in that Germany squad. Notable mention for Lacazette not being in the French side, but that wasn't a shock as Deschamps is a stubborn git.

As many as possible, work and marriage pending

None, but Vodka is the closest i'd get.

Of course not. But he's going to make it about himself when he presents the trophy.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 08 Jun 2018, 12:52 pm

nadeem2099 wrote:1. With the world cup on the way, how well do you think England will do in the competition

1. I am trying not to build up any expectation so that any decent performance and progress feels like a bonus. I can't remember being excited by England at a World Cup since 1990, and in any tournament since 1996. I would just take decent football, worth watching, and however far they get doing that is fine with me. But if I have to do a prediction, let's say knocked out by Germany in the quarters

2. Germany and France. I think Brazil will go a long way and could be in there instead of France - they will meet in the semis

3. There's bound to be a bit, especially in some of the smaller, more remote cities. I think it is right that refs can stop and even abandon games, but none of them will have the balls to actually do it.

4. Griezmann

5. Sane is the one for me. Having watched him play in the last year, he has been sensational, and you compare that to Ozil at Arsenal, and it is hard to comprehend taking Ozil over Sane. I realise that Ozil performs better for Germany, but it is still a shock from what we are used to seeing from each of them. Also Sane is twice the player that Brandt is. Just don't get that one.

6. I won't watch them all, but I will try and watch games other than Englands. It will all depend on when I am free. If there's a game on and I have the chance, I will watch them.

7. None really. No plans to go native and embrace Russian culture.

8. He doesn't need anything else to massage his ego. The whole thing will be one big propaganda exercise, and I hope the world ignores it and focuses on the football. The best thing Russia, and Putin can do for their reputation, is deliver a good, entertaining World Cup and forget the muscle flexing.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 08 Jun 2018, 8:34 pm

Semis

Germany and Spain

There will be racism but it will be swept under the carpet by tv and most media.

Kane

Sane. Think that was stupid.

Work allowing as many as possible or at least some of the better ones.

Vodka redbull

Do they usually do that for the head of state?

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 08 Jun 2018, 9:09 pm

nadeem2099 wrote:1. With the world cup on the way, how well do you think England will do in the competition

Quarter finals would be respectable. At that point though they'll probably get Brazil or Germany so can't see them progressing further.

France v Germany with France winning. Pognonce to get the winner.

Possibly but can't see much being done about it.

I'm going for Werner, Germany always have 1 striker who does well and although we all know him don't think many nations are that clued up.

Nainggolan. Martinez is a cockwomble. So what if he's not a role model off the pitch, he's one of the best midfielders in the world.

I try to watch as many as possible, probably do about half.

May have a few vodkas over the month.

If he's watching this and has people nearby with nerve agents then yes he's amazing and should be made Emperor of the World.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Mon 11 Jun 2018, 7:13 pm

My heart says they'll win it, but my mind says they won't even get past the group stages.

France and Portugal

It's Russia so there's bound to be at least some racism. Good decision regarding the referees but they have to follow through with the threats if there is any racism.

Cristiano Ronaldo

Sane is a surprise. Don't think Germany have any quality left footers in their team bar Ozil. I would have chosen Sane over Brandt.

As much as I can. Will defo be watching the bug teams play.

Nowt interests me tbh.

Definitely. He is the president of the country hosting the competition and he deserves the respect for all the humanitarian work he has done for the world so far.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 18 Jun 2018, 8:27 am

ITS COMING HOME LADS

England vs Brazil

Not much and they should be able too

I reckon it'll be the Greasy Mann

Leroy Sane definitaly, absolute nonsense he didn't make their squad

I'll catch as many as work and life allows me too, actually missing England vs Panama which sucks

Is there russian food? I don't drink Vodka so dont know

Yes. Glorious man is our Vlad
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 18 Jun 2018, 5:01 pm

Quarter finals then a gallant defeat

I would have said Brazil and Germany, but that could be impossible if Mexico continue to play as they did. I'll go Brazil and Spain

I don't expect there to be much given there's such a high proportion of travelling fans, and given the attention on it

Ronaldo ...

Sane is an incredible player, just shows how strong the German depth is .. although they could have done with him yesterday

Somewhere in the middle, I watched every game over the weekend but will struggle to watch too many during the day at work

Don't like Vodka so probably none

I imagine he'll present the trophy, don't really have an opinion on whether its right or not

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down