The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NJPW Dominion 6.9 results [spoilers obv]

4 posters

Go down

NJPW Dominion 6.9 results [spoilers obv] Empty NJPW Dominion 6.9 results [spoilers obv]

Post by Samo Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:20 pm

- Suzuki-gun (El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemura) bested Roppongi 3K to retain the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Titles after Sho was blindsided by a whiskey bottle to the noggin.

- Dave Finlay & Juice Robinson downed Chaos (Yoshi-Hashi & Jay White) when the former CJ Parker hit White with a Pulp Friction for the pin.

- Minoru Suzuki & Zack Sabre Jr. defeated Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano. Yano tapped to Sabre. After the bout, Ishii laid out Suzuki, only for the veteran to fight back.

- Michael Elgin pinned Taichi with the Revolution Elgin Bomb to claim the NEVER Openweight Championship.

- The Young Bucks won the IWGP Heayweight Tag Team Titles for the first time from Sanada & EVIL, when they eventually managed to pin the former following a series of failed Meltzer Drivers.

- The Bullet Club (Cody Rhodes, Hangpage, & Marty Scurll) saw off the veteran trio of Hiroshi Tanahashi, Jushin Liger, & Rey Mysterio Jr. in an absolutely star-studded contest.

- Hiromu Takahashi saw off IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion Will Ospreay in a typically eye-catching encounter.

- Chris Jericho - made up like Alice Cooper - snatched the pin and the IWGP Intercontinental Title from Tetsuya Naito after catching him with a low blow and a second Codebreaker. The Canadian continued his assault on Naito after the bell, only for EVIL to make the save.

- Finally, Kenny Omega scored the decisive fall in his 2/3 falls contest opposite Kazuchika Okada to take the IWGP Heavyweight Championship. The match ran an incredible 1:04:50, and like their previous three encounters, absolutely blew viewers away. Post-victory, Omega cut an emotional promo in the middle of the ring, punctuated by Cody Rhodes appearing on the entrance ramp.

Okada vs Omega was possibly the best match I’ve even seen. The perfect ending to a perfect story. Kenny hugging the Bucks before accepting his title will be one of the most iconic moments in wrestling - like Eddie and Benoit. Simply incredible and I’ll be amazed if Uncle Dave gives it less than 6.5 stars.

Samo

Back to top Go down

NJPW Dominion 6.9 results [spoilers obv] Empty Re: NJPW Dominion 6.9 results [spoilers obv]

Post by Marky Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:21 am

I haven't had time to watch Okada v Omega in full yet, but looks like it's surpassed the previous two contests.

Had an inkling Takahashi was beating Ospreay after his BOSJ win.

Jericho v Naito was cool despite being a little bit telegraphed, Jericho attacked Naito before the bell, beat him up for a while, Naito came back and dominated for a bit, then Jericho stole the pin with a low blow and Codebreaker. Wouldn't have minded a little more variety than "heel beats up face, face comes back, heel steals win".

Marky

Back to top Go down

NJPW Dominion 6.9 results [spoilers obv] Empty Re: NJPW Dominion 6.9 results [spoilers obv]

Post by Ché Guerrero Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:30 pm

I struggle with these uber long bouts tbh

I will have to watch this though

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:35 pm

Ché Guerrero wrote:I struggle with these uber long bouts tbh

I will have to watch this though

I thought it flew by tbh, and I knew the result going in

Wish I could come up with some clever analysis but I don’t know what to say just next level graps

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:44 pm

I might watch each fall in chunks

I really struggle to watch long matches on tape. Live is a lot better

Think i just like explosive matches with quality guys in there now. My favourite match last year was probably Brock AJ and i think that only went 20 minutes

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:51 pm

Oh wait no Dunne vs Bate was last year

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:17 pm

The star ratings are in.

Will Ospreay vs. Hiromu Takahashi – IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship

Rating: 4.75 stars

– EVIL and SANADA vs. The Young Bucks – IWGP Tag Team Championships

Rating: 4.5 stars

– Hirooki Goto vs. Michael Elgin vs. Taichi – NEVER Openweight Championship

Rating: 3.5 stars

– El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs. SHO and YOH – IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship

Rating: 3.25 stars

– David Finlay and Juice Robinson vs. YOSHI-HASHI and Jay White

Rating: 2.25 stars

– Toru Yano and Tomohiro Ishii vs. Zack Sabre Jr. and Minoru Suzuki

Rating: 3.75 stars

– Rey Mysterio, Jushin Thunder Liger, and Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Marty Scurll, Hangman Page, and Cody

Rating: 3.5 stars

– Tetsuya Naito vs. Chris Jericho – IWGP Intercontinental Championship

Rating: 4.5 stars

– Kazuchika Okada vs. Kenny Omega – IWGP Heavyweight Championship (2 out of 3 falls/no time limit)

Rating: 7 (SEVEN) stars.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down