The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Connacht v Glasgow Warriors Saturday 1st Sept

+10
Eejit
Artful_Dodger
RDW
EWT Spoons
Pot Hale
funnyExiledScot
Hazel Sapling
jimbopip
George Carlin
BigGee
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Connacht v Glasgow Warriors Saturday 1st Sept - Page 2 Empty Connacht v Glasgow Warriors Saturday 1st Sept

Post by BigGee Tue 28 Aug 2018, 9:16 am

First topic message reminder :

Connacht v Glasgow Warriors
The Sports Ground
Galway

KO 15.00
Saturday 1st sept

Glasgow warriors return to the west coast of Ireland for their season opener for the third year in a row, having won the past two times very comfortably.

I am not exactly sure where Connacht are at just now, with a new coach, but will no doubt have something to prove, even without their formidable captain John Muldoon, who has finally retired and moved into coaching.

Glasgow have had two pre season games, when the dished out a hammering to Quins and then got one themselves at the hands of the Saints. A lot of the Scottish international players who were involved in the summer tour have still not made an appearance and we will no doubt see some of them start to feed back into the squad in this game and over the subsequent weeks.

This will be seen as a winnable game for Glasgow, but it is never easy in Galway, especially if the elements play there part.

The teams at the moment are just going to be guess work!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Connacht v Glasgow Warriors Saturday 1st Sept - Page 2 Empty Re: Connacht v Glasgow Warriors Saturday 1st Sept

Post by RDW Sun 02 Sep 2018, 9:03 am

Regardless of whether it was the correct call it was  still stupid by Grigg given he was getting shouted at to release yet kept going!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Connacht v Glasgow Warriors Saturday 1st Sept - Page 2 Empty Re: Connacht v Glasgow Warriors Saturday 1st Sept

Post by RDW Sun 02 Sep 2018, 10:33 am

Just watched the game - I thought it was a decent Glasgow performance. The first half was the complete opposite of Ospreys v Edinburgh - defence was completely optional with attack to the fore.

Was pleasing to see the pack dominate, although they'll certainly come up against much stronger packs than that Connacht 8.

Discipline was awful though, with captain Wilson leading the stupid penalty count.

Glasgow also rode their luck - how the ref didn't see Hogg carry the ball back over the line when he was 10m away I don't know! Was silly from Hogg - a player of his experience should not have done that.

5 points away from home is a great start to the season though and plenty for Glasgow to build on.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 02 Sep 2018, 10:41 am

funnyExiledScot wrote: You'll score loads, Edinburgh will lose and Jimbo can trot out something predictable like "normal service is resumed".

Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle

There's something I feel I should say now. Headscratch Tumbleweed

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 02 Sep 2018, 11:14 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Regardless of whether it was the correct call it was  still stupid by Grigg given he was getting shouted at to release yet kept going!

yup

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sun 02 Sep 2018, 10:40 pm

jimbopip wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote: You'll score loads, Edinburgh will lose and Jimbo can trot out something predictable like "normal service is resumed".

Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle

There's something I feel I should say now. Headscratch Tumbleweed

Well, you're usually lost for words so I wanted to help out...

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2