The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ouch

3 posters

Go down

Ouch Empty Ouch

Post by LondonTiger Mon 15 Oct 2018, 12:45 pm

Players put themselves through plenty of pain for their sport but Jona Nareki went further than most by playing with a "smashed testicle".

In his Otago side's 23-19 win over Waikato in New Zealand, Nareki had to play the last two minutes of the game with the rather unusual injury.

The 20-year-old wing had been substituted after about an hour because of the issue but needed to get back on the pitch after team-mate Mitchell Scott went off injured, with Otago trying to hold on for victory.

"It was just a direct blow on the bulls-eye," Otago coach Ben Herring told Newshub . "I don't know who it was and he probably doesn't either.

"He came off, but when there were injuries in the game, he had to come back on with his smashed testicle, which was operated on.

"If you know Jona, he's a particularly buoyant fella, but the comment was, 'don't worry mate, it's just a small operation'."

Double Ouch

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/sport/2018/10/mitre-10-cup-otago-wing-jona-nareki-suffers-painful-ranfurly-shield-injury.html

This additional quote gave me a chuckle:

"He's ginger and slow, and of course there will be no extra-mural activities for a couple of weeks."

Last edited by LondonTiger on Mon 15 Oct 2018, 1:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Ouch Empty Re: Ouch

Post by RiscaGame Mon 15 Oct 2018, 12:59 pm

Balls to that. I don’t think I would fancy it.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 15 Oct 2018, 1:02 pm

Feck that. I really want to know the injury of the guy coming off though!

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down