The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nothing to See Here...

4 posters

Go down

Nothing to See Here... Empty Nothing to See Here...

Post by Stone Motif Thu 18 Oct 2018, 10:19 pm

Another article confirming there's no issue with doping in Welsh rugby...

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/welsh-player-who-captained-side-15299782

Unfortunate choice of picture given the bloke has just admitted taking testosterone.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Nothing to See Here... Empty Re: Nothing to See Here...

Post by SecretFly Fri 19 Oct 2018, 10:10 am

?

What kind of idiot would take a cocktail of drugs before a game that they were likely to be tested for after?   That was some gamble.  

Then again, maybe it wasn't.  Maybe he weighed up how many times he was tested before - post-game - and fancied the odds?

It's obvious though that players like this don't suddenly try it for a first time on the very time they get caught.  The reasoned opinion would be that it's been a habit and a continuous on/off pursuit.  So again, the question is why only now does it get found out?

I hate the very thought of Police State draconian laws, rules and regulations in every walk of life.... BUT, I suppose one of the things that keeps looking a little silly in the drug testing rituals is the selection of only  a certain number of test cases per game.  Science and procedures have advanced so much, I think the argument for not testing all players after all games is a little coy.  If the admin people are serious then these sample selections where certain players can gamble that they might not be chosen are a joke.

Or do all players get tested now?  I'm not up on the details.  But it's obvious this guy used before and has gotten through the net before... all the way to being a Captain.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 19 Oct 2018, 10:14 am

ps................... am I the only one on the planet that has to endure the virtual hour-long download of WalesOnline before I can move me fecking mouse???

It and the f**king Mirror site (the rare times I look it up) always have me pulling my hair out waiting for the page to 'do its thing'.

I miss out on so many Great WO articles coz I just don't have the patience  Whistle

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 19 Oct 2018, 10:37 am

Let's remember that his employers are the WRU. There are only two options available here - either they recognised the use but did nothing about it, or didn't recognise it all when they should have.

Either way, it makes RGC look like a complete Poopie as it's supposed to be a WRU organisation.
PhilBB
PhilBB

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri 19 Oct 2018, 11:53 am

The bans for drugs disappoint me. Should be a lifetime ban anyway (in my opinion), but then particularly in the case of this guy who must've rattled when he walked.

Given he was already at an advantage to the majority of the players he was up against anyway, I really don't see the need.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum