The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Survivor Series (will contain spoilers)

+2
Dolphin Ziggler
owen10ozzy
6 posters

Go down

Survivor Series (will contain spoilers)  Empty Survivor Series (will contain spoilers)

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 19 Nov 2018, 3:52 am

Hello.... My Name is Vince.... And let me extend a big fu*k you to Smackdown Live!!

Talk about cutting your nose to spite your face.... Quite seriously what is the point in having two brands only to go and Poopie all over one because its outperforming and holds the favour of the crowd over your flagship brand. Icon of wrestling he may be but the blokes ego makes Trump appear like the idea of humble.

Charlotte and Rousey excellent and felt for Rousey at the end with the crowd response.... Had thrown everything she has into the company since signing on dotted line when she could probably have had a fairly easy ride and that was the respect she had last night. Sadly the finish for me points to a rematch at Mania which means Becky isnt getting that headline spot after all.

I absolutely loved Daniel Bryan tonight.... Looked like he wanted to be their and for first time since coming back looked like he had the passion back.... Which shows just what a performer can bring when pushed in right direction and given the reigns to be creative on their own. His mannerisms and all around performance was brilliant for me.

Less said about the men's 5 vs 5 the better... Clusterf/*k of a match which just shat all over Smackdown who couldn't even be competitive against an imploding Raw team... And talk about burying one of the best workers across the company over the last 2 years... Jesus Wept. But not to worry... SHANE O'Mac got his spot and moment once again and we get to listen to Steph gloat for a month about how RAW is the best and she is the reason why.... Forgetting that in interviews across the board and social media she has done nothjng but plug about how in touch they are with what the fans want and how they listen to them and react.... Well I guess they do... They listen to who the fans want pushing and appreciate and then they turn right around and Poopie on them while sticking two fingers up at us.

Fair few good moments tonight but like so many times these days the booking leaves me feeling pissed off and dejected with everything I've just watched

Ending on a high note.... KUDOS AND HUGE PRAISE FOR an outstanding cruiserweight contest. Enthralling match with plenty of great great spots and two performers doing everything to steal the show and shine on the platform given too them. Excellent stuff!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Survivor Series (will contain spoilers)  Empty Re: Survivor Series (will contain spoilers)

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 19 Nov 2018, 12:03 pm

You need to quit drinking mate, it makes you incoherent

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Survivor Series (will contain spoilers)  Empty Re: Survivor Series (will contain spoilers)

Post by Samo Mon 19 Nov 2018, 1:49 pm

Started off pretty slow and pretty sloppily, but when it was good it was VERY good. Murphy vs Ali was excellent, Ronda vs Charlotte was excellent, and the main event was incredible aswell. I just wish this Brock showed up more often.

I get why people are annoyed that RAW did the clean sweep, but looking at the card I dont think I would have switched any results.

Womens match - capitalize on Nia's heat, she's now one of the biggest heels in the company.
Seth vs Shinsuke - this is the only one I reckon you could feasably switch, especially if you have Dean interfere but Rollins is going into this big feud with Dean and Nakamura doesnt have anything going on so give the rub to Seth.
Authors of Pain vs The Bar - Bar are already well established and could take a loss no problem. Dont want to job out your new RAW tag champs already.
Mens Survivor Series match - Building Braun and Drew up for something big in the future, whereas SmackDown was a bunch of guys with nothing else going on right now. Cant have Braun lose if he's Lesnars next challenge.
Ronda vs Charlotte - again, especially not being Champion vs Champion Charlotte could afford the loss. I think the DQ finish was the best way to do it, keeps both from jobbing, gets Charlotte over and makes Ronda look more than a match.
Bryan vs Lesnar - We're back to square one with Lesnar, and he isnt going to lose any time soon, especially when the title isnt on the line.

So, 6-0 might seem like a smack in the face but the long term booking makes more sense for the RAW guys to go over.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 19 Nov 2018, 3:25 pm

Just watched it and Brock vs Bryan and Ronda vs Charlotte was on another level, the PPV was alright outwith those matches, nothing great but those two matches will go down in folklore IMO,  Brock's best match since his return in 2012 and Ronda's best Pro Wrestling match.

I quite like the fact SDL got annihilated, no-one person could say Bryan and Charlotte aren't or weren't made to look equals to the very best RAW has, the match between Rollins and Nakamura also went the diatance without either looking particularly better than their opponents.

Nia had to win her match, shes a heat magnet right now and they should be planning for Becky to get her revenge on her while shes hot as hell and Nia is gathering nuclear heat

Back to SDL getting granied, it's all good, I can see something of a reset button being hit on the bluebrand, maybe a Shane O-Mac heel turn as well, a lot of reshaping the main event amd midcard scene and this result can be seen as the catalyst for that changed, I'm.bored of these events going to 3-3 until the final match, it keeps interest in the overall winner right to the end but it makes a lot of match outcomes predictable.

I thought it was a good show and advanced storylines and character progression

PS - Felt like Daniel Bryan was channelling his inner Cactus Jack during that match, really intrigued to see where this goes.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 19 Nov 2018, 4:13 pm

With Nia, i'm somewhat on the fence. She has injured 3 separate women due to carelessness in the ring, and they are rewarding it?

As for Becky getting her revenge? When? They are on different brands. Unless it waits till the Rumble.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 22 Nov 2018, 12:21 pm

I, for one, am shocked to see Owen being negative. Shocked I tell you
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu 22 Nov 2018, 1:15 pm

Again....I did point out positives ....as I do when something to be positive about...if your telling me you sat and didn't have plenty of negative thoughts on some of that guff then you watched the wrong PPV.....

I mean I didn't even mind RAw getting all the wins but the way they did it was poor and completely trashed Smackdown as a legitimate brand....like I said...6 guys who couldn't get along decimated a good team who didn't squabble....same goes for the Women...

I also don't think Nia should get a push....she's a sloppy worker at best and one who has a complete disregard for other people's safety at worse. But then again we all know that WWE have forgotten how to build heat/stars these days so bound to pounce when they accidentally stumble onto something...

Truth of the matter is that 5 years ago I could have watched this PPV and had faith in where they were going with it after the fact....but now I don't have faith in them to follow on from PPVs with sensible booking and decision making....and if you watched RAW and Smackdown this week...you can see why I say that...

I like smackdown a lot...but even they disappointed massively and had very little continuation which made sense for what happened two nights previous..

No explanation or wrath for the whitewash from Shane....No appearance from Shinsuke ....Charlotte flipped flopped between heel and baby face more times than I can even count in the space of 15 mins...Samoa Joe no showed despite being embarrassed with the early pin two nights earlier...

Meanwhile on Raw....Sasha banks seemingly wasn't bothered that she got steamrolled by her own teammate the night before.... Settled for a match with Nia and then proceeded to lose..again... AOP who got the win because booking wise it made sense for them to go over Sheamus & Cesaro; legitimizes them as a dominant tag team...then they lose the very next night..makes perfect sense.. Ambrose happy to annoy and make Rollins Chase him around all night but couldn't be bothered to turn up and cost him a big match on a big ppv the night before ..again just stupid ..

So negative i may be...but certainly not without merit

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 22 Nov 2018, 1:41 pm

Pretty sure Joe is injured...

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 22 Nov 2018, 4:09 pm

Beer wrote:Pretty sure Joe is injured...

According to Uncle Dave he's on a phased return and can only work so many hours a week until he's 100%. I do think its a bit knee jerk that people arent looking at the positive of putting someone over, but the negative of a quick elimination.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu 22 Nov 2018, 5:11 pm

Sorry but Drew didn't need to put Joe away early just to go over...he would have been regardless. If you wanted to put him over that bad have him standing at the end and eliminating 4 guys...instead of Braun...the guy who organically got over...wwe failed to pull trigger...then decided to turn him heel to get Roman over...now their man is out indefinitely they want to get Braun back over yet they had Brock destroy him ....he is the example of just how stupid the booking is in WWE at times!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down