The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets Saturday 1st December

+7
Oakdene
George Carlin
jimbopip
RugbyFan100
Eejit
RDW
BigGee
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets Saturday 1st December - Page 2 Empty Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets Saturday 1st December

Post by BigGee Wed 28 Nov 2018, 12:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets
Saturday 1st December
Scotstoun Stadium
Glasgow

KO 17.15

Live on Premier Sports

Good sounding match this one, despite both sides being short of their international players, both have been playing pretty well, with Ulster and Cradiff being on the wrong ends of a kicking last weekend.

Scarlets definitely got the better of the warriors last season, winning both their end of season games, home and away and making the play off finals at the Warriors expense, so a bit of revenge may well be on the menu for the Warriors this weekend.

The Glasgow side, you would assume, won't be to far away from the one that played last weekend. Price, Hastings and Jones H, have been spotted on holiday in Dubai this week, so you can be pretty sure they won't be playing and DR did say that he would be resting the bulk of the internationalists to freshen them up for the euro games to come after this one. You would imagine that Wayne Pevic will be adopting a similar strategy for his Welsh boys.

So my guess at the Glasgow team is along the lines of this:

1. Kebble - assuming he is fit again, Bhatti in if not
2. Turner
3. Rae
4. Harley
5. Swinson - probably time for a start after coming off bench last weekend
6. Ashe
7. Gibbins
8. Fagerson
9. Horne G - been with Scotland but did not play that much
10. Thompson
11. DTH
12. McDowell
13. Grigg
14. Niko
15. Jacko

Subs:

Bhatti /I would assume Bryce again if not
Stewart
Du Plesis/Nicol
McDonald - who played well last week
Smith
Fisbee
Kelly
Nairn

Some of the Scotland players who were away with the squad but did not get to play much, may or may not play. They will all need and get a week off, as have the rest of the squad at some stage, but hard to know when, with all these big games coming up. George Horne and Matt Fagerson come into that category and he may feel that DTH needs a rest as well having played three games for Canada during the international window as well. This is a very winnable game and would put down a good marker for Glasgow this season, so he will not want to go into this game undercooked and with a team any weaker than it has to be.

Last edited by BigGee on Wed 28 Nov 2018, 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets Saturday 1st December - Page 2 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets Saturday 1st December

Post by BigGee Sat 01 Dec 2018, 6:52 pm

That was shoulder to head as well

Inconsistent again

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets Saturday 1st December - Page 2 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets Saturday 1st December

Post by RDW Sat 01 Dec 2018, 6:53 pm

Definitely at least a yellow - not sure there was conclusive proof the first contact was to the head to be a red. Plus the 'mitigating circumstances' of him already being tackled and falling down.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 01 Dec 2018, 6:54 pm

That was a really poor pass by Frisbee, no need to force it

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat 01 Dec 2018, 6:54 pm

Why did he take Horne off???
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 01 Dec 2018, 6:56 pm

tigertattie wrote:Why did he take Horne off???

Saving him for next week

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat 01 Dec 2018, 7:02 pm

Hmmm. That looked a bit forward to me
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 01 Dec 2018, 7:03 pm

Now its interesting

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 01 Dec 2018, 7:04 pm

Don't know how Swinson is back on, he looked sparko before

Still great turnover

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 01 Dec 2018, 7:05 pm

That's the game

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 01 Dec 2018, 7:05 pm

Turner MoM

Very good choice

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 01 Dec 2018, 7:07 pm

What a win! A huge achievement with 15 men never mind down to 14 for 60 minutes. Scarlets discipline letting them down with their 2 yellows.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789. Sat 01 Dec 2018, 7:13 pm

How does this McDowall lad look? I read a something about him aiming for a world cup squad place is this pie in the sky or is he potentially the answer at 12?

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 01 Dec 2018, 7:13 pm

Something good is brewing at Scotstoun this season. That was as impressive a win as I can remember. Some great performances, so many players stood up and were counted.

I think McDowell and Nairn are going to be very big players for us down the line, McDowell will be pushing to start at 12 very very soon!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 01 Dec 2018, 7:14 pm

Well that was good character shown by Glasgow. I think scarlets have blown it this season. They were severely disrupted by injuries early in the season and don’t look to be over that just yet. No excuse though as they have a strong squad of over 40 players rather than just 23.

It’s possible/probable that Glasgow will make the final this year as they have improved from last season.

Last edited by mikey_dragon on Sat 01 Dec 2018, 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 01 Dec 2018, 7:14 pm

He looks a real prospect but the world cup chat is way OTT - he's only just starting out as a pro.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 01 Dec 2018, 7:16 pm

123456789. wrote:How does this McDowall lad look? I read a something about him aiming for a world cup squad place is this pie in the sky or is he potentially the answer at 12?

You would not put it past Toonie to pull him in for the 6N, he is certainly putting up his hand. Reenie is going to have a real dilemma about leaving him out next week. If he gets some euro game time and proves himself there, then maybe

It is not like anyone else is nailing the 12 shirt down

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sat 01 Dec 2018, 7:34 pm

Well that was one of the best Glasgow performances for some time! Certainly for me our best under Rennie. Turner a good choice for MOM, with Kebble and Swinson also worth a shout IMO. Fusaro and the centres also excellent, but really every Glasgow player really stood up to be counted today (apart from perhaps Frisby).

Re the refereeing, I don't have a problem with the decisions that went against Glasgow. The red is the right call, as Rennie said, and the pass to Horne was forward (shame, as it would have been an absolutely glorious try). I do have a slight issue with consistency though, thought the Scarlets backrow sub was lucky to only get a yellow, and the no-arms tackle should probably have been a yellow IMO.

But overall, a really terrific effort from Glasgow, especially the pack, who comprehensively got the better of the battle up front despite the numerical disadvantage.

Some tough calls for Rennie to make for next week mind! I reckon Swinson may have played himself into the starting XV, and there'll be a difficult decision to make in the centres too.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 01 Dec 2018, 8:18 pm

Before the match I thought that positives would be that we rested key players and gave fringe players some game time. The negatives, which worried me, were four dropped points, confidence dented and Scarlets leaving with a sense that Scotstoun is an easy place to win.

What do I know.

Everyone tonight made case for playing next week.
Confidence will be stratospheric.
The rest of the Pro 14 will be taking note of that performance.

Bhatti-Brown-Zander
Johnny-BBB
Mrs Gibbins- Yyoung Fagerson- Mr Gibbins
Aldi Price
Hastings
Dunbar
Jones
DTH-Hogg-Seymour

Not necessarily a better XV but a team who were not involved at all tonight.

And yes, the Luvvies have slipped to fifth in their conference. 12.01.2018

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat 01 Dec 2018, 8:49 pm

I’m looking forward to a cocky Glasgow side losing the cup AGAIN this year
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 01 Dec 2018, 9:27 pm

12.01.2018?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat 01 Dec 2018, 9:28 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:12.01.2018?

He’s been Yankiefied
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 01 Dec 2018, 9:55 pm

tigertattie wrote:I’m looking forward to a cocky Glasgow side losing the cup AGAIN this year

I like "THE cup" because it's the only competition where you reach the final.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat 01 Dec 2018, 10:43 pm

jimbopip wrote:
tigertattie wrote:I’m looking forward to a cocky Glasgow side losing the cup AGAIN this year

I like "THE cup" because it's the only competition where you reach the final.

It’s ok Jim. The 8 points we get from you shower will have us zooming up the table again.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Sun 02 Dec 2018, 2:17 pm

First class win yesterday - I think I’ve just about thawed out about 20 minutes ago and I’m about to go back and rewatch it now. I might watch the Edinburgh game again straight after for a good hearty chuckle.

Obviously it’s December and the luvvie fans have hit the eggnog early this year if they think they’re getting anything other than a complete pasting from the once and future champions.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 02 Dec 2018, 2:20 pm

Eejit wrote:First class win yesterday - I think I’ve just about thawed out about 20 minutes ago and I’m about to go back and rewatch it now. I might watch the Edinburgh game again straight after for a good hearty chuckle.

Obviously it’s December and the luvvie fans have hit the eggnog early this year if they think they’re getting anything other than a complete pasting from the once and future champions.

We've been on worse form and you better than this season and we've still won! 

I just can't wait to hear Schitz annual moan about spending loads of money to go through to Murrayfield to watch Glasgow lose!  Very Happy

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Sun 02 Dec 2018, 2:22 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
Eejit wrote:First class win yesterday - I think I’ve just about thawed out about 20 minutes ago and I’m about to go back and rewatch it now. I might watch the Edinburgh game again straight after for a good hearty chuckle.

Like every good member of these boards I try not to let facts get in the way of a good rant.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 02 Dec 2018, 2:25 pm

Feck me we even won the 1872 under Alan Solomons!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Sun 02 Dec 2018, 2:32 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Feck me we even won the 1872 under Alan Solomons!

Are you trying to drive me to the drink?

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 02 Dec 2018, 2:34 pm

Eejit wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:Feck me we even won the 1872 under Alan Solomons!

Are you trying to drive me to the drink?
As a weegie surely you've already been on it 4 hours?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 02 Dec 2018, 3:10 pm

I just watched the game again, have got a bit of a cold today, so not looking to do anything to strenuous. It was even better second time around.

Some fantastic performances from some Glasgow players, who will really be pushing hard to get into the euro match day squad.

Swinson just seems to have slotted straight back in and was his normal belligerent self. He just adds a bit more of an edge to the Glasgow pack. It will be either him or Harley to partner JG in the row next weekend with the other on the bench. That will be a bit tough on Cummings, who is also coming right back into form and also had a great game.

Turner was off the scale good and if he keeps that up and keeps the brain farts down, he will be pushing the other two hookers for the international shirt. What a great option he is going to be coming off the bench next weekend.

The Nuke also came back into the team just at the right time and even looks half way fit! You would imagine he will be warming the pine next weekend and will soon be pushing Rae hard to start. Zander said as well at the half time interview that he was out of his boot now and walking about freely. maybe we will still see him for some of the 6N after all.

Adam Ashe has been quietly playing his way back into the sort of form we last saw from him a few years ago before he became permanently injured. We may have written him off a little bit prematurely as a potential WC bolter if he keeps fit and playing these kind of games. I think he may well bench next weekend as well.

Nairn took his chance well and showed plenty of pace and power. This is going to be a learning year for him and he is still probably 4th in the queue for wing spots currently. Hopefully he will get a few more runs in the 6N window and is definitely one for the future.

McDowell has really not put a foot wrong since he came into the team and in truth probably deserves a chance to play next weekend. That would be a big call by DR to pick him over Horne and Dunbar but that will no doubt be one of the conversations going on now.

Nick Grigg has been on electric form as well and you would imagine would be starting next week if it was anyone other than Huw Jones he was up against. I don't think he will play, but you can bet that there will at least be a conversation about it.

Finally dear old Jacko at FB, who I thought was looking a little bit ponderous at the beginning of the season and you wondered if he really still had it. He has really come on to his game as well the past few games, looks like he is enjoying himself and showing that there is still plenty life in the old dog. May well be worth another contract even yet!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 02 Dec 2018, 3:47 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:

I just can't wait to hear Schitz annual moan about spending loads of money to go through to Murrayfield to watch Glasgow lose!  Very Happy

Two points, Admin Boy warning

Firstly, I seriously doubt that we will be entertained by the Schizoid One this Chrimbo. I think the constant banning of him and refusal on your part to announce an all out Jihad on The Festering One finally broke his sensitive heart. heart censored

Secondly, DR's post match comment, " some coaches might grizzle about players missing; we prefer to focus on the players we have available." Will have Cockers foaming at the mouth today. He'll be apoplectic by the time The Annual Slaughter Of The Effiminates takes place. Meanwhile DR will quietly be preparing a 23 which will hammer anyone who looks as if they exfoliate.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 04 Dec 2018, 11:24 am

jimbopip wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:

Two points, Admin Boy warning

Firstly, I seriously doubt that we will be entertained by the Schizoid One this Chrimbo. I think the constant banning of him and refusal on your part to announce an all out Jihad on The Festering One finally broke his sensitive heart. heart  censored

Secondly, DR's post match comment, " some coaches might grizzle about players missing; we prefer to focus on the players we have available." Will have Cockers foaming at the mouth today. He'll be apoplectic by the time The Annual Slaughter Of The Effiminates takes place. Meanwhile DR will quietly be preparing a 23 which will hammer anyone who looks as if they exfoliate.

Come on Jimbo. You are meant to be one of the more educated members o nthese boards!

An annual slaughter would imply that Glasgow regularly win this match up. History tells us this just isnt true. (of the last 8 matches, Edinburgh have won 6. 6!!! not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5 but 6 out of 8! - thats a 75% win rate against the soap dodging ones. Its not coincdence that during this time, 21st has been almost compeltely annonymous and only pops up on the rare occasion when Galsgow manage to win)

Furhter to this, you have players like Adam Hastings and Ali Price who use more beautification products than then whole edinburgh sqaud combined!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 04 Dec 2018, 12:29 pm

Two points Mr Tattie,

first, we all know what you can prove with facts. Agreed? The weird fact is that the 6/8 you quote is an outrageous outlier. In Dr's spell as Prophet In Chief the rugby club have a 100% home record. I think they have taken 74 out of 75 points available in Pro 14 matches. Visiting teams have left Scotstoun with exactly 0, nada, zero, hee-haw points between them. Your lot are languishing beneath the Italians in your conference. Your 6/8 is an outlier because;  a) you raise your game (which puts the dross you have to suffer for the rest of the season into damning perspective) , b) I think some of our players take you too lightly (which won't happen under DR this year) and c) it's Chrimbo and we feel sorry for you (which definitely won't happen under DR this year).

Secondly, all adolescents like to push boundaries and try "novel lifestyle" experiences. Country dancing and mainlining cleaning products spring to mind.They usually grow out of it. Yes Aldi Price and Son Of are experimenting but they are not transitioning so full time Luvviedom will be avoided. Hug

Also just in passing: my Man Of The Match v Scarlets was Matt Smith. Whistle

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 04 Dec 2018, 12:54 pm

Can add Huw Jones to the list!

It is a fair point that now SHC has gone there's no one in the Edinburgh squad you could label as a luvvie.

Glasgow has become luvvie central.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 04 Dec 2018, 6:40 pm

The MFL luvvieness goes way beyond the occasional flirtation with hair gel and spot cream. Its the inherent softness which creates, and then wallows in, a culture where it's alright to drive from the Library to the training pitches.

I tried explaining the driving to the pitches to Baz the nippy ex-scrum half while we were standing outside HQ prior to the Boks match.

"Where are the training pitches then?"

"Just over there where those kids are throwing a ball around."

"Where do they park their cars?"

"Pretty much right behind you."

"Could they not have put a tram stop here? They wouldn't even have had to pay any fare: just get on at the back and walked through to the front and they'd be there already."

And you wonder why you're falling behind the Italians.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 05 Dec 2018, 10:00 am

jimbopip wrote:The MFL luvvieness goes way beyond the occasional flirtation with hair gel and spot cream. Its the inherent softness which creates, and then wallows in, a culture where it's alright to drive from the Library to the training pitches.

I tried explaining the driving to the pitches to Baz the nippy ex-scrum half while we were standing outside HQ prior to the Boks match.

"Where are the training pitches then?"

"Just over there where those kids are throwing a ball around."

"Where do they park their cars?"

"Pretty much right behind you."

"Could they not have put a tram stop here? They wouldn't even have had to pay any fare: just get on at the back and walked through to the front and they'd be there already."

And you wonder why you're falling behind the Italians.

Thats the most Glasgowish thing said on these boards!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 05 Dec 2018, 10:28 am

Followed by....

"No fare!! Why then here's £750 million for putting in an extra tram stop. And value at double the price."

Which is one of the most Luvvietoonish things you'll see on these boards.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 05 Dec 2018, 10:48 am

jimbopip wrote:Followed by....

"No fare!! Why then here's £750 million for putting in an extra tram stop. And value at double the price."

What, no use of the quote function?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 05 Dec 2018, 11:46 am

tigertattie wrote:
jimbopip wrote:Followed by....

What, no use of the quote function?
Why gild the lily?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 05 Dec 2018, 12:09 pm

There's a quote function?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2