The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rugby World Cup.

4 posters

Go down

Rugby World Cup. Empty Rugby World Cup.

Post by majesticimperialman Wed 26 Dec 2018, 8:18 pm

Have been thinking about this for a while.

How many of your first choice p-layers (Full match fitness ) Do you not expect to make selection for the up and coming Rugby Cup?

For me ( England)

Dan Cole

Dylan Hartly

Chris Robshaw

Mike Brown seems to have lost his place as well.

Billy Vunapola  shame but seems to have alot of injuries

There could be more.

Who out of your team do you t think will miss out?

Discuss.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Rugby World Cup. Empty Re: Rugby World Cup.

Post by Pot Hale Wed 26 Dec 2018, 9:22 pm

How long exactly have you been thinking about this?

Asking for a friend.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 26 Dec 2018, 10:23 pm

hmmm...none? Can't think of any that have injury currently that wont make the trip if selected. We don't know who our first choice team is yet. We'll know that next year after the trimmed RC.

I'd expect a bolter (non or vs Japan All Black- possibly George Bridge) to make the travelling side as our players will all be putting their hands up at Super rugby time. Miner Skudder was a new AB in 2015. I think we'll get a winger or loosie/ lock bolter. The rest of our positions are covered to about three deep.

How is Brown a first choicer when hes not the first choice? Is he injured?

Billy V? Does his current injury prevent him from playing next September? If not then surely one would expect him to play (being positive et all that).

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 27 Dec 2018, 6:54 am

I really can’t see any bolsters in the welsh squad, plenty of tough calls but we have played a lot of players over the last two seasons and have found some gems.

It’s who and where and if we are good enough that is the larger question.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2018, 1:51 pm

Luke Morgan could be a bolter. First season playins 15s coming from 7s, 1 cap in the autumn, but blessed with genuine test level pace. Steff Evans is playing his way out of the squad and I think Gatland might prefer Morgan's pace over Steff's stepping. Otherwise, it will take a few injuries to get another bolter like Jonah Holmes in.

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 02 Jan 2019, 9:24 am

miaow wrote:Luke Morgan could be a bolter. First season playins 15s coming from 7s, 1 cap in the autumn, but blessed with genuine test level pace. Steff Evans is playing his way out of the squad and I think Gatland might prefer Morgan's pace over Steff's stepping. Otherwise, it will take a few injuries to get another bolter like Jonah Holmes in.

I wouldn’t personally think Luke Morgan is in the Bolter category. Jared Rosser of the dragons might be a surprise inclusion, or Owen lane? Steff Evans is out of favour which opens a up a highly contested position in the squad.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down