The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EPCR Quarter Final Edinburgh V Munster

+19
TightHEAD
bsando
TheMildlyFranticLlama
sensisball
BigGee
theslosty
jimbopip
Pot Hale
Tramptastic
Hazel Sapling
des
Brendan
EWT Spoons
Eejit
LondonTiger
EST
tigertattie
RDW
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

EPCR Quarter Final Edinburgh V Munster - Page 2 Empty EPCR Quarter Final Edinburgh V Munster

Post by RDW Mon 25 Mar 2019, 8:37 am

First topic message reminder :

Edinburgh
v
Munster Rugby

Saturday 30 March 2019 12:45 (GMT)  Champions Cup  Round  Quarter-Finals  BT Murrayfield Stadium  Ref: Pascal Gauzère (France)  Assis Ref 1: Ludovic Cayre (France) Assis Ref 2: Jonathan Dufort (France)  TMO: Eric Gauzins (France)

Teams

Edinburgh

EPCR Quarter Final Edinburgh V Munster - Page 2 Walkers-scottish-shortbread

15. Darcy Graham, 14. Damien Hoyland, 13. James Johnstone, 12. Chris Dean, 11. Duhan Van Der Merwe, 10. Jaco van der Walt, 9. Henry Pyrgos, 1. Pierre Schoeman, 2. Stuart McInally (c), 3. WP Nel, 4. Ben Toolis, 5. Grant Gilchrist, 6. John Barclay, 7. Hamish Watson, 8. Viliame Mata.

Replacements:
16. Ross Ford, 17. Allan Dell, 18. Simon Berghan, 19. Magnus Bradbury, 20. Jamie Ritchie, 21. Charlie Shiel, 22. Simon Hickey, 23. Mark Bennett,

Munster

EPCR Quarter Final Edinburgh V Munster - Page 2 AJ5_2723c

15. Mike Haley, 14. Andrew Conway, 13. Chris Farrell, 12. Rory Scannell, 11. Keith Earls, 10. Joey Carbery, 9. Conor Murray, 1. Dave Kilcoyne, 2. Niall Scannell, 3. John Ryan, 4. Jean Kleyn, 5. Tadhg Beirne, 6. Peter O'Mahony (c), 7. Jack O'Donoghue, 8. CJ Stander.

This look to be a brutal match up - two very physical teams who prefer route one rugby, but have a bit of flair to finish things off too. Munster are heavy favourites at the bookies at 4/9 with Edinburgh 9/5 - bookies don't often get things wrong but that seems very generous odds for Edinburgh given how successful they've been in Europe this season, combined with Munster still trying to get back to their glory days of European heavyweights.

Last edited by RDW on Fri 29 Mar 2019, 2:12 pm; edited 2 times in total

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

EPCR Quarter Final Edinburgh V Munster - Page 2 Empty Re: EPCR Quarter Final Edinburgh V Munster

Post by tigertattie Fri 29 Mar 2019, 12:56 pm

Eejit wrote:
tigertattie wrote:
Hazel Sapling wrote:Duhan VDM is tall. Just not consistent in the air Des.

Excellent starting packs on both sides, but Edinburgh have the better replacements in the forwards. The front row coming on for Edinburgh is better than most starting front rows.  

The backs probably shade towards Munster. A rainy, miserable day would probably suit Edinburgh more.

It's baffling eh. Our replacement forwards are better than the Glasgow staring ones!

Ok, I'll give them Brown over Ford and his zimmer frame, but otherwise, ouch!

The Glasgow locks and backrow are also utterly average at best. Going to be a long old day out there for Glasgow I think!

Have you always posted like Donald Trump tweets or is this something you've recently adopted?

I've always classed myself as an honest poster who just tells it like it is

#MakeEdinburghGreatAgain
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

EPCR Quarter Final Edinburgh V Munster - Page 2 Empty Re: EPCR Quarter Final Edinburgh V Munster

Post by RDW Fri 29 Mar 2019, 1:47 pm

Good to have a John Barclay column again. His rehab really does sound tedious and soul destroying!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/47726566

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Fri 29 Mar 2019, 1:49 pm

Munster's backup front row isn't bad either but will struggle against Edinburgh's pack.

Happy with the Munster team. If Edinburgh's back 3 are bad in the air Munster will use it and our back three are pretty good at it. If Munster are struggling upfront Murrary will boxkick to Earls. If it works it will be repeated.

I still stick by the first 20mins will tell if Munster have shown up or not. If they haven't they will be in trouble as away from home this team doesn't know where the chips are for their shoulders like teams gone by.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Fri 29 Mar 2019, 1:51 pm

Barclay is some player to just chuck back into the team. I really wished he hadn't played last week as he looked good and is now up and running.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Fri 29 Mar 2019, 1:52 pm

MAGA

Munster Always Get Aggressive

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 29 Mar 2019, 2:13 pm

Just realised we've got no back 3 cover either - you can see why Cockers has signed 2 Fijian wingers!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Fri 29 Mar 2019, 2:26 pm

I've gone for Munster by 5 in the Superbru score predictor league I'm in. Sorry perfumed ones.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Fri 29 Mar 2019, 3:00 pm

Eejit wrote:I've gone for Munster by 5 in the Superbru score predictor league I'm in. Sorry perfumed ones.

Fake News

Typical west coast bias. Saracens by 47.

Stewarty RFC by 56.

Lismore RFC by 102.

Tramptastic

Location : Edinburgh via Rockcliffe/Dalbeattie/Dumfries/The Wickerman Festival

Back to top Go down

Post by des Fri 29 Mar 2019, 5:44 pm

Handicap's drifted by a point in favour of Edinburgh. Munster still favourites but only by 3 points.

des

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Fri 29 Mar 2019, 6:04 pm

I think Edinburgh are man for man a better team than Munster at the moment and they might even have the best back row in Europe. But these games are different gravy, and I think Munster will be able to cope with the pressure better.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Fri 29 Mar 2019, 6:12 pm

Eejit wrote:I think Edinburgh are man for man a better team than Munster at the moment and they might even have the best back row in Europe. But these games are different gravy, and I think Munster will be able to cope with the pressure better.

Trading on past glories. Edinburgh should do it handsomely.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 29 Mar 2019, 7:01 pm

I cannot see a better chance for the Luvvies.

If the Once And Future Champions had Munster at home tomorrow we'd all be worrying about being overconfident. Shocked

The Luvvies are almost as good as us. Hug So should be reasonably confident. Take the game to them and smash them at every opportunity.

As Gibson would say, Believe.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by theslosty Fri 29 Mar 2019, 7:16 pm

Eejit wrote:I think Edinburgh are man for man a better team than Munster at the moment and they might even have the best back row in Europe. But these games are different gravy, and I think Munster will be able to cope with the pressure better.

For what little it's worth, my combined XV:

15. Graham
14. Conway
13. Farrell
12. Scannell (admittedly know very little about Edinburgh's centres)
11. Earls
10. Carbery
9. Murray
8. Mata/Stander = draw
7. Watson
6. POM (just)
5. Beirne
4. Gilchrist
3. Nel
2. McInally
1. Schoeman

I make that 8-6 to Munster but there are serious gaps in my knowledge of the Edinburgh team outside of the established Scotland internationals so feel free to pick holes in that. In fact I've not watched Schoeman before but if he's keeping Dell on the bench I'm guessing he's pretty accomplished at this level. Nonetheless my feeling is Edinburgh will do it - their bench is more intimidating and I don't feel Munster have been playing as well as the sum of their parts.
theslosty
theslosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Fri 29 Mar 2019, 9:53 pm

Schoeman is a better scrummager and a more devastating carrier than Dell. Dell tackles and is better around the ruck. Schoeman has a bit more of a bite about him as well, he will pick a fight at some point.

Probably would argue Toolis is tight to Beirne thanks to his line-out work. Toolis can be hit or miss overall but his form has been excellent for the last couple of months.

Dean is keeping Matt Scott from his second appearance back from injury and Scott was arguably the form 12 before he got injured ahead of Sam Johnson. There was a discussion over who would get the nod between Johnson and Dean prior to the Italy game.

Johnstone is a good club player who is in great form but will probably never get more than emergency/second tier (think Canada) caps. Keeping Bennett out the side. Sadly Scott and Bennett have more talent but have only just got back from long injury layoffs and both Dean/Johnstone have been unlucky to not get a go in the depleted Scotland side.

Would say on the wings, Munsters are more consistent but Duhan VDM is a fantastic attacker and with ball in hand/space can embarrass any wing in the world. Equally, his defensive work can be suspect though not quite in the Visser mould, he is a similar sort of player. The sort of player who can score a try from anywhere on the pitch and miss a key tackle 5 minutes later.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 30 Mar 2019, 7:34 am

Cockers has said Dougie Fife is fit, he just preferred Graham at 15.

That's a huge huge call and one I certainly don't agree with!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 30 Mar 2019, 10:05 am

I guess it shows as well that he must rate Hoyland a bit. Probably more chance of him getting another contract than we though, a big opportunity for him today.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sensisball Sat 30 Mar 2019, 10:48 am

Murray is playing way below his best. I think he made more loose passes and inaccurate box kicks in this 6 N's than in all previous seasons combined.
If Embro can pressurise him effectively then they should have too much for the Munster to handle.

sensisball

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 30 Mar 2019, 11:53 am

There's a lot of Munster fans here ..!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat 30 Mar 2019, 12:45 pm

There’s a lot of Munster fans living in Edinburgh. I’ll neber understand why soooooo many Irish folk leave the cold wind and rain of Ireland and come to the cold wind and rain of Scotland.

Let the games begin!!!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Sat 30 Mar 2019, 1:00 pm

Cracking game so far!

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 30 Mar 2019, 1:06 pm

Knock on!!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Sat 30 Mar 2019, 1:07 pm

Should Edinburgh be taking points when on offer or is their fly-half hit and miss

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 30 Mar 2019, 1:08 pm

Wasn't even the mark

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Sat 30 Mar 2019, 1:10 pm

How is that tackle on Pyrgos ok?

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat 30 Mar 2019, 1:10 pm

Ref needs to have a word. Pyrgos was stupid but Murray retaliated by throwing Pyrgos to the ground and it was where that foul play took place that Earls had a gap to go through
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sat 30 Mar 2019, 1:11 pm

Weird weird game so far. Edinburgh need to refocus

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 30 Mar 2019, 1:17 pm

Needed that!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat 30 Mar 2019, 1:17 pm

Evens now as there was a forward pass in that passage of play
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Sat 30 Mar 2019, 1:18 pm

Absolutely needed that!

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sat 30 Mar 2019, 1:33 pm

Darcy looks awesome, such a raw talent.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 30 Mar 2019, 1:39 pm

Fair scoreline I think - Munster have caused us real trouble at the rucks but we've looked far more dangerous in attack. Take away the controversial first score and Munster haven't really shown anything.

Edinburgh''s game to win just now!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 30 Mar 2019, 2:01 pm

Pyrgos' kicks have been poor

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat 30 Mar 2019, 2:01 pm

Anyone who thinks Pyrgos can play his way into the Scotland World Cup squad is delusional
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Sat 30 Mar 2019, 2:06 pm

Munster should probably kick

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Sat 30 Mar 2019, 2:07 pm

Yeah, not the best choice

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Sat 30 Mar 2019, 2:07 pm

Huge scrum!

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat 30 Mar 2019, 2:07 pm

Now that’s a scrum
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789. Sat 30 Mar 2019, 2:11 pm

I have to say if Henry Pyrgos wasn’t insistent on doing his Greig Laidlaw on a bad day tribute I think Edinburgh would we well out in front.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Sat 30 Mar 2019, 2:11 pm

Munster defence is something else, amazing

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Sat 30 Mar 2019, 2:12 pm

Edinburgh seem to have the upper had now

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat 30 Mar 2019, 2:13 pm

When henners gets the ball out we make ground. It’s the standing pointing and sitting at the base of the rucks that boil my urine
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789. Sat 30 Mar 2019, 2:16 pm

Edinburgh need to make hay while the sun shines, I think if Munster are within 3 going into the last 5 their experience might shine through

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sat 30 Mar 2019, 2:21 pm

Hope Edinburgh can pinch this, agonisingly close

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Sat 30 Mar 2019, 2:22 pm

FFS Shoe!

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 30 Mar 2019, 2:23 pm

Why was that reversed?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Sat 30 Mar 2019, 2:24 pm

........and the Oscar goes too.

Pathetic
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat 30 Mar 2019, 2:24 pm

Shoemann needs fined a months wages for that
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 30 Mar 2019, 2:24 pm

TheMildlyFranticLlama wrote:FFS Shoe!
Poor, but Beirne seriously exaggerated the contact. Looked like Neymar.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Sat 30 Mar 2019, 2:25 pm

Play acting has no place in our game.

TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Sat 30 Mar 2019, 2:26 pm

That kick is a hammer blow

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next