The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Okolie, how far can he go?

3 posters

Go down

Okolie, how far can he go? Empty Okolie, how far can he go?

Post by TheSquaredCircle Tue 02 Apr 2019, 10:37 pm

An obvious talent in the cruiserweight division. He has a bit more experience to gain but his awkward style looks like it can give any of the current cruisers a tough night.

Problem is it doesn’t seem like he has a big fan base and hasn’t really been tested.

How would he fare stepping up? Would he struggle versus lebedev or just about make that one but then get unstuck. Almost seems as though he will need to shine through all his step up fights to progress given the counter lack of popularity.

TheSquaredCircle

Back to top Go down

Okolie, how far can he go? Empty Re: Okolie, how far can he go?

Post by TheSquaredCircle Fri 05 Apr 2019, 3:59 pm

Obviously not far by the looks of it.....

TheSquaredCircle

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Sat 06 Apr 2019, 12:15 pm

Seems too soon for Okolie tbh. Lebedev is genuinely world class and of his two defeats one was a robbery to Huck in Germany. The second was a touch and go defeat to Gassiev. Lebedev is obviously pretty shopworn especially after he beating he suffered from the juiced up Guillermo Jones.

But I think Lebedev would stop okolie in the late rounds

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSquaredCircle Thu 11 Apr 2019, 12:49 pm

Lebedev is probably in the twighlight of his career. Now would be a great time for Okolie. I think he could beat lebedev albeit on points and that would definitely announce Okolie on the world scene.

TheSquaredCircle

Back to top Go down

Post by smashingstormcrow Thu 11 Apr 2019, 5:15 pm

Recently, the cruiserweights seemed like a pretty tough division.

But Usyk has moved up, Bellew retired (and was never really one of the top guys IMO), and Lebedev is very old now. Gassiev looked terrible against Usyk. So could be a good time for Okolie, but let's not look past Briedis (who I thoroughly expect to win the current Super Series, and would be a very tough fight for Okolie).

Another thing I wonder about is the weight limit... how easily is Okolie making 200lbs? He's a big guy (just looked it up... 6'5!!), you have to assume he is looking at a move to heavyweight in the not-too-distant future.

smashingstormcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum