The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow Warriors v Edinburgh Saturday 27th April

+14
NeilyBroon
Tattie Scones RRN
Hazel Sapling
R!skysports
funnyExiledScot
Tramptastic
EWT Spoons
bico
RDW
jimbopip
Eejit
George Carlin
tigertattie
BigGee
18 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Edinburgh Saturday 27th April Empty Glasgow Warriors v Edinburgh Saturday 27th April

Post by BigGee Mon 22 Apr 2019, 9:23 am

Glasgow Warriors v Edinburgh
Scotstoun Stadium
Glasgow

Saturday 27th April
KO at 19.35

Live on Premier Sports

Well now we have got those trivial European semi finals out of the way, we can concentrate on the most important game of the season so far when the luvies of Edinburgh return to the west to meet the once and future champions!

So what is in this game for both sides?

For Glasgow any kind of win will take them into a home semi final and that may still happen if Munster lose to Connacht should the unthinkable happen and we don't win!

Hard to see what is in it at all for Edinburgh other than pride, as they would need a win and a sequence of unlikely results to go there way even to get into the play off for the last Champs cup place, let alone to qualify for the playoffs, though that does remain a mathematical possibility.

Glasgow, after a poor show against Saracens and that can be slightly qualified by the way they demolished Munster yesterday have continued to build their form and look in very good shape going into this one. They should be further boosted by the return of a few more of their walking wounded, Wilson and Gibbins should be back for this match to add even more steel to their back row.

Edinburgh look as if their season ran out of steam in a dissapointing loss at home to Ulster. For some of their top performers it really looked like it was a game to far and they will have to dig very deep into their tank to find it within themselves to compete for a game that is likely not to get them any tangible reward even if they were to win.

Having said that Edinburgh do seem to take the option of turning up for this match, as opposed to the option of not turning up for other games that they should win comfortably like Dragons, Zebre and the Southern Kings!

On form, this is a Glasgow win all day of the week. However as some of the Edinburgh fans have pointed out, they have won this fixture before despite being the underdogs in the past (well just about every time we play to be honest).

So Glasgow will need to be on their game for this one and i am sure that they will be, with the massive incentive of a home semi and the potential of being in the final at Celtic Park. They are also going to be very peed off at the way we have lost to Edinburgh recently and have the feeling that it is about time that they plaed the real Glasgow team!

So here we go

Discuss!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Edinburgh Saturday 27th April Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Edinburgh Saturday 27th April

Post by tigertattie Mon 22 Apr 2019, 9:30 am

Given we're Scottish and Pvt Fraser says we're all doomed, there's only one sequence of events that can come into play here!

1. Munster get a 5 pointer
2. Benneton, Ulster and Scarlets get 5 pointers

Glasgow then need the win for top spot and Edinburgh are already out of everything so they've nothing to gain.

What happens then?

Edinburgh win and deny glasgow any form of bonus point of course!

It's either that or the whole Edinburgh pack is rested, allow Glasgow to win, then the whole Edinburgh pack is loaned out to Glasgow for the rest of the season (It's allowed afterall)
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Edinburgh Saturday 27th April Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Edinburgh Saturday 27th April

Post by George Carlin Mon 22 Apr 2019, 9:42 am

Have a horrible feeling that Edinburgh will 'get up' for this game and fistfeck the Soapdodgers once again. Oh, the irony.

Surely Cockers will pick the U16s vegetarians side and stop Interfering With Destiny?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 22 Apr 2019, 9:44 am

tigertattie wrote:Given we're Scottish and Pvt Fraser says we're all doomed, there's only one sequence of events that can come into play here!

1. Munster get a 5 pointer
2. Benneton, Ulster and Scarlets get 5 pointers

Glasgow then need the win for top spot and Edinburgh are already out of everything so they've nothing to gain.

What happens then?

Edinburgh win and deny glasgow any form of bonus point of course!

It's either that or the whole Edinburgh pack is rested, allow Glasgow to win, then the whole Edinburgh pack is loaned out to Glasgow for the rest of the season (It's allowed afterall)

I would laugh at that if unfortunately a small part of me did not believe that could actually happen!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Mon 22 Apr 2019, 9:50 am

If/when Scarlets get their five points I think I’m right in saying that Edinburgh will need the full five to qualify for the Champions cup playoff place.

However way it falls, Cockers will have to set up Edinburgh to go out and score four tries.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 22 Apr 2019, 9:54 am

Eejit wrote:If/when Scarlets get their five points I think I’m right in saying that Edinburgh will need the full five to qualify for the Champions cup playoff place.

However way it falls, Cockers will have to set up Edinburgh to go out and score four tries.

Which should play right into our hands, as Edinburgh are not exactly a chuck it about kind of team, once they deviate from their kick chase game plan, then they start to struggle.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 22 Apr 2019, 10:08 am

So, DR will have spent all last week pointing out that a whole season's work comes down to 80 minutes ….at home...against a side who couldn't buy a win at the moment.

It's not the Luvvies who are playing for pride. If the rugby club lose this then they'll never live it down.

Post-Sarries, what has been truly impressive has been the way our pack has performed. If they lose to a bunch of knitwear models then all of it has been for nothing. Yes, we are good enough to beat Benetton at home then go away to munster and win, thereby scraping into the final ….BUT... to be champions you need to consistently win the games that matter. Saturday matters.

Bhatti-Brown-Ragnar Kebble (Allan if Ollie's bad back hasn't cleared up)-Stewart-Rae
Jonny-Cummings BBB
Arthur-Fagerson-Cully Batman
Aldi Price Wee George
Haircut
Johnson-Jones Furra Linee
Seymour-Hogg-Seaman MadMadMata

One of the Perfumed Ones' fans on here clutched at the straw marked "playing for a World Cup Place" to explain how the Dilettantes might find motivation. Well, Bhatti has been playing out of his skin since being told he wasn't good enough to remain a Warrior. He'll want to show Nel &co who's the top dog before pre-season.

In the second row, Jonny looks like he took being benched against Engerlund as a personal insult. I predict that Mr Invisible (aka Mr Glass or Grant who? Was he playing ?) will be in for a very long afternoon. Similarly, Scott Cummings who looked like he was destined to be shipped out with the phrase "huge unfulfilled potential" branded on his forehead, has suddenly decided that he too can get down and dirty with the really nasty second rows. It may be too late for Cummings to make this World Cup squad, but three big performances would make a huge statement of intent for him.

The back row battle, and the 99 permutations as to who will play, deserves a thread all of its own.

From 9-15 even the most one-eyed lavender and camomile gin tippler has to admit it's no contest.

Luvvies, best watch from behind your sofas. Revenge shall be served.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Mon 22 Apr 2019, 10:19 am

The only problem with what Jimbo said is that the second place is Conference A will play Treviso and the winner of that quarter will play Leinster in Dublin, not Munster. Still a hugely difficult task again but not impossible.

The easier route is of course getting over this mad panic we seem to have vs Edinburgh, establish our game plan and win well. Like Jimbo said, the big games matter and this is a dry run for a home city final.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 22 Apr 2019, 10:48 am

Eejit wrote:The only problem with what Jimbo said is that the second place is Conference A will play Treviso and the winner of that quarter will play Leinster in Dublin, not Munster.

Doh

Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Bico, how do you pronounce that? Are you an effete, humbugs and tartan pashmina type of fan? Or do you prefer rugby?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 22 Apr 2019, 10:49 am

jimbopip wrote:
Eejit wrote:The only problem with what Jimbo said is that the second place is Conference A will play Treviso and the winner of that quarter will play Leinster in Dublin, not Munster.

Doh

Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Bico, how do you pronounce that?  Are you an effete, humbugs and tartan pashmina type of fan? Or do you prefer rugby?

He's not on this thread

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 22 Apr 2019, 11:09 am

He's lurking, always lurking.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 22 Apr 2019, 11:28 am

jimbopip wrote:He's lurking, always lurking.

must be a soap dodger too then!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by bico Mon 22 Apr 2019, 11:50 am

Now I have had time to read the older posts it would appear that I am a luvvy.

bico

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 22 Apr 2019, 11:52 am

bico wrote:Now I have had time to read the older posts it would appear that I am a luvvy.

Then you're very welcome here! Hug

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Mon 22 Apr 2019, 12:17 pm

BigGee wrote:
Eejit wrote:If/when Scarlets get their five points I think I’m right in saying that Edinburgh will need the full five to qualify for the Champions cup playoff place.

Which should play right into our hands, as Edinburgh are not exactly a chuck it about kind of team, once they deviate from their kick chase game plan, then they start to struggle.

There's no way Cockers will get his team set up to chuck it about. He might still try for the BP win, but it will be based upon trying to out muscle Glasgow. Asking his team to do something other than kick chase and forward dominance would be a total shift change and unlikely to be coached into the side in the space of a couple of weeks.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 22 Apr 2019, 12:20 pm

RDW wrote:
bico wrote:Now I have had time to read the older posts it would appear that I am a luvvy.

Then you're very welcome here! Hug

What Flounder said!

Now you really do need to avoid Jimbo and the other West Coast Weirdos.

Be particularly careful of Jimbo. He uses big words which would imply that he's an intelligent and even educated fellow, but he's still a Glasgow fan so don't let this confuse you!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Mon 22 Apr 2019, 1:08 pm

Ah Tattie. You’ll be pleased to hear I’ve been in touch with macron and they’ve got a hold of an old bed sheet, some sky blue spraypaint and a Glasgow Warriors car decal and they’re going to fashion you a custom made Glasgow away jersey specially constructed for the taller gentleman.

I hear there’s will hopefully be enough material left to make a nice scarf so you don’t have to totally leave behind your luvvie ways.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 22 Apr 2019, 1:14 pm

Eejit, I see you're not fully au fait with the ways of the gentry.

It's a cravat, or perhaps an ascot but never anything as common as a scarf.

Unless worn with a "bunnett" at Hallowe'en when they like to dress up as the "workers" for the amusement of the children and womenfolk.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 22 Apr 2019, 2:42 pm

Mind I'm only wearing the glasgow branded clothing if you win the pro 14 title!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 22 Apr 2019, 3:07 pm

tigertattie wrote:Mind I'm only wearing the glasgow branded clothing if after you win the pro 14 title!

fixed that for you. Whistle

Mind you with Bico on here now we probably have 40% of your average home attendance as posters.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Mon 22 Apr 2019, 3:43 pm

jimbopip wrote:
tigertattie wrote:Mind I'm only wearing the glasgow branded clothing if after you win the pro 14 title!

fixed that for you. Whistle

Mind you with Bico on here now we probably have 40% of your average home attendance as posters.

Pride thy name is Jimbopip

But in all seriousness, Glasgow's forwards turning up for one game against the Ladyboys 4XV subs does not a good pack make

Jonny Gray getting S'Mad for getting dropped and playing well the first time all season doesn't fill me with confidence, Gilco (a proper lock) and Toolis (a manly mans man) will chew Gray up and spit him out before the rest of the Glasgow pack have realised they've turned the ball over from the restart. There will be mad mental spaces out wide but Edinburgh will forgo this to demonstrate the only way to play manly rugby is to carry the ball for 50 phases of 1 out rugby.

Matt Scott (12) of the ghost hair fame will ask for the ball once. He will be told no by an enraged Bill Mata who has already carried for 49 of the 50 phases. We are at minute 4 by now.

Edinburgh will fluff a try again and again, not from Glasgow's defensive effort, but purely because scoring a try would stop them from demonstrating how manly they are to Jonny Gray.

Wilson will not survive the winter.

This will go on for 80 minutes.

Nobody will enjoy it.

Glasgow will win in a freak accident when Matawalu phases out of reality in the 4th minute only to reappear in the 80th minute, with a round ball, under the posts. The ref, unable to comprehend his shell of an existence anymore will declare Glasgow the winners.

The ref will not survive the winter.

Tramptastic

Location : Edinburgh via Rockcliffe/Dalbeattie/Dumfries/The Wickerman Festival

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 22 Apr 2019, 3:54 pm

Four consecutive minutes of Luvvie possession without Henners box-kicking.??? Cockers will give him the sheperd's crook and transfer list him double quick time.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 22 Apr 2019, 3:56 pm

bico wrote:Now I have had time to read the older posts Woman's Weekly and apply a Ginseng and Jojoba Face Mask it would appear that I am a luvvy.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 22 Apr 2019, 3:59 pm

jimbopip wrote:
bico wrote:Now I have had time to read the older posts Woman's Weekly and apply a Ginseng and Jojoba Face Mask it would appear that I am a luvvy.

Oh yeah Bico, another to watch out for is Jimbo's failed attempts at using the quote function.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 22 Apr 2019, 4:02 pm

jimbopip wrote:
Four consecutive minutes of Luvvie possession without Henners box-kicking.??? Cockers will give him the sheperd's crook and transfer list him double quick time.

Henners doesn't box kick all the time. He just does it every now and then.

What is for certain is Henners will not pass the ball in any great frequency or with any speed to whichever poor soul is playing in the stand off passenger  position
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by bico Mon 22 Apr 2019, 5:01 pm

Guys- This has been so unexpected-what a welcome! Very unlike several other outlets I have been involved with. May take a while to get up to speed with the nicknames however. I assume being a luvvy is not necessarily bad? Oh lavvy was just underlined-is that the inference?

bico

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 22 Apr 2019, 5:02 pm

Pyrgos is infuriating. He can control games but more often than not he merely serves to choke the attack. His box kicks are usually too long as well - it's not like our wingers are short of pace.

Still, Edinburgh should beat up Glasgow on Saturday. Jonny Gray aside it's men vs boys in the forwards.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 22 Apr 2019, 5:03 pm

bico wrote:Guys- This has been so unexpected-what a welcome! Very unlike several other outlets I have been involved with. May take a while to get up to speed with the nicknames however. I assume being a luvvy is not necessarily bad? Oh lavvy was just underlined-is that the inference?

Ignore the luvvy tag. It's Jimbo's toxic masculinity over compensating.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 22 Apr 2019, 5:05 pm

Well I was out enjoying the London sunshine earlier today when my peace was distributed by a jakey wearing a Glasgow top.

You know that they say - you can take the jakey out of Glasgow...

Don't suppose 21st has moved to London?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 22 Apr 2019, 5:12 pm

Typical. They just can't handle their drink.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 22 Apr 2019, 6:32 pm

Just popped back in to see how the thread was going!

Pretty well by the looks of things and we still have 6 days to go!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 22 Apr 2019, 6:33 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
bico wrote:Guys- This has been so unexpected-what a welcome! Very unlike several other outlets I have been involved with. May take a while to get up to speed with the nicknames however. I assume being a luvvy is not necessarily bad? Oh lavvy was just underlined-is that the inference?

The proper term is, Metrosexual Festival Luvvies. I'm sure that you will have encountered plenty of them in Scotland's second city in August. Particularly in the lavvy.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Mon 22 Apr 2019, 7:51 pm

jimbopip wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

The proper term is, Metrosexual Festival Luvvies. I'm sure that you will have encountered plenty of them in Scotland's second city in August. Particularly in the lavvy.

Is that when they’re out for drinky-poos?

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Tue 23 Apr 2019, 10:10 am

It is if you support rugby. Good if you support prawn sandwiches served by butlers

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 23 Apr 2019, 10:21 am

That's the spirit, Risky.

By Saturday tea time we'll all be foaming at the mouth. steam

By bedtime we'll all be pals again. Hug Except FES who'll be thrashing the under-footman to vent his massive disappointment at yet another Slaughter Of The Effeminates.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 23 Apr 2019, 10:29 am

Jimbo, we've had this discussion before!

1. Glasgow, devoid of a potent forward pack and stacked full of fake tanned, hair gelled (in some cases bleached bloned) pretty boys in the backs means that Glasgow are now the Effiminate ones.
2. "Yet another slaughter" can only apply to the team that constandly gets whooped (such as Glasgow losing 8 out the last 10 games)

So............

Saying "Yet another slaughter of the effeminates" would indicate you are talking about glagsow getting a spanking yet again. This can only make people beleive you are an Edinburgh fan.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 23 Apr 2019, 10:30 am

jimbopip wrote:That's the spirit, Risky.

By bedtime we'll all be pals again.  Hug Except FES who'll be thrashing the under-footman to vent his massive disappointment at yet another Slaughter Of The Effeminates.

Another one? I'm struggling to remember when the last one was!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 23 Apr 2019, 10:35 am

RDW wrote:
jimbopip wrote:That's the spirit, Risky.

By bedtime we'll all be pals again.  Hug Except FES who'll be thrashing the under-footman to vent his massive disappointment at yet another Slaughter Of The Effeminates.

Another one? I'm struggling to remember when the last one was!

I think it involved players with handlebar moustaches. They were mostly military type men and would go yachting at the weekend or they’d be off in the county playing croquet.

There's black and white pictures as evidence of the game

Al Kellock was also there.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Tue 23 Apr 2019, 10:50 am

Luvvies solving the single-use plastic problem all by themselves with all this straw-clutching.

The christmas derbies are beyond a joke. The 1872 cup is a contrived mess - an SRU/luvvie plaything so they can sit in the posh seats at Murrayfield and pretend Edinburgh are a rugby team. We're in the business-end of the season now with one team with proper pedigree performing at the highest level and a Pro12 winners trophy in the cabinet that's getting awful lonely. The other is struggling for breath with your much-vaunted pack been played into the ground, and those that haven't are picking splinters out their arse from all that bench-sitting.

Make no mistake, Saturday will be a slaughter. Like the Battle of Agincourt combined with a 3am kebab - messy, decisive and smelling of garlic.

Bring it on boxing

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue 23 Apr 2019, 10:54 am

From an Edinburgh point of view this game really means nothing to me.

We’ve won the 1872 cup at a canter already and there is no way Benetton and Scarlets won’t win comfortably (TBP wins for both), so whilst we are likely to win (8 out of 10 so far), I can’t see us getting four tries in the process, I mean our chances might improve on that front if Dean & JJ are fit and start, but even then it’s a tough ask, considering how one dimensional our attack is.

As I’ve said before, I think we’ll win but not by enough so we’ll be shafted, and I think Munster will win so Glasgow will be shafted.  Both teams getting a shafting is my prediction for this game.  Typical Scottish rugby standards

Oh and welcome Bico.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 23 Apr 2019, 10:54 am

Oh ye of little faith!

I think the best analogy that might explain DR's first couple of seasons might be Shane Williams' efforts to "beef up". At one point in his career the mercurial one felt everyone was bulking up and he was in danger of being dismissed as too slight for real rugby. He then went on an intensive weights programme and put on more than a stone of muscle. The main, unintended, result was that he became slower and less agile. He then had to go back to what he was best at and stop trying to be a behemoth.

DR has had a couple of "Shane Williams" learning curves.

DR initially misjudged the rhythm of the Pro14 season by playing our best XV on the South African jaunt and then played the same team away to Execeterr and got nothing from a winnable match thereby meaning he had to play the same XV the following week against Ladyboys and lost narrowly again thereby sinking our Euro campaign and we made the play offs early but were sleepwalking by the time Scarlets thrashed us. However, this season he has manged the squad much better so we go into the play offs fresh and in great form.

Similarly, the pack was remodelled on SH lines; slimmer, lighter, faster and with an emphasis on handling skills. This season has seen a return to more northern values. Grunt, aggression and needle.
Saturday will indeed be a test for our pack but I fully expect that the natural order of things shall be put back in place and the Effeminates from the east shall be sent home with their tails firmly between their legs.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Tue 23 Apr 2019, 11:17 am

The BBC have one those combined Glasgow Edinburgh XV up on the website again so the luvvies can trade on reputation and pretend they have a good team.

If you're picking on form you can make the argument for the Shoe in at loosehead as Kebble is a bit of an issue with his penalty count. That said Jamie Bhatti is pissed off he didn't get a big fat contract at Glasgow and isn't moving along the motorway to sit on the bench - I wouldn't want to be tackling him on Saturday.

Even the supposed 'best back row in the northern hemisphere' wouldn't be nailed on as Glasgow's have really kicked on, presumably because they've been reading what Tigertattie has been writing about them on these boards and want to get it up 'em.

The rest of the side is Glasgow all the way. Glasgow are a better side than them by a long, long way. The good guys got ambushed over Christmas and have lacked that spark in these games in recent years, but losing this game is out the question. Edinburgh to make a better fist of it than the have in recent weeks, but I'm going Glasgow by at least 15 but probably less than 90.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Tue 23 Apr 2019, 11:34 am

It does make me laugh the importance the Prawn Brigade put on the 1872 cup.

One day they will realise it is and has always been a way for SRU team orders to be played out (such as F1)

Week before the 1872 cup, the SRU board comes together to look at the league to work our how to get both teams into the playoffs (well in reality how to get one team in, as the other is already there), and Champions cup. One team is really there just to help the other team out these days, giving a gentle hand up to hope they can finally become a rugby team.

You know it is true, as the amount of good players that Glasgow keep sending over to try to help (only for them to be ruined), shows it is both a short term fix and a longer term strategy.

Sadly, even will all this help, they still contrive to find ways to lose to the under 6s tag team, and not get anywhere close

I wonder what else we can do to help them?

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 23 Apr 2019, 11:42 am

Eejit wrote:The BBC have one those combined Glasgow Edinburgh XV up on the website again so the luvvies can trade on reputation and pretend they have a good team.

If you're picking on form you can make the argument for the Shoe in at loosehead as Kebble is a bit of an issue with his penalty count. That said Jamie Bhatti is pissed off he didn't get a big fat contract at Glasgow and isn't moving along the motorway to sit on the bench - I wouldn't want to be tackling him on Saturday.

Even the supposed 'best back row in the northern hemisphere' wouldn't be nailed on as Glasgow's have really kicked on, presumably because they've been reading what Tigertattie has been writing about them on these boards and want to get it up 'em.

The rest of the side is Glasgow all the way. Glasgow are a better side than them by a long, long way. The good guys got ambushed over Christmas and have lacked that spark in these games in recent years, but losing this game is out the question. Edinburgh to make a better fist of it than the have in recent weeks, but I'm going Glasgow by at least 15 but probably less than 90.

drumroll

Fingers Crossed Run Sorry Tumbleweed

Who are you putting out this week?

Wee tam
Not so wee but still little Jock
Short Boab

Let me guess

Harley
Fagerson
Fusaro

if that’s the back row you put out against

Barclay (or Bradbury)
Mata
Watson (or Ritchie)

Then it's turn over time all day long for Edinburgh

1 to 8 the Edinburgh pack is better than the Glasgow "pack"

I've always been a Jonny Gray fan, but even he has been outplayed by both Gilco and Toolis each time they've played against or with each other.

Glasgow - "we won a title once, but now we're knickers, but it's ok, coz we can go on about that one win, just like England do with '66, we'll play the odd game where our opponents don't bother fronting up, letting our backs run wild, but when we come up against a proper rugby team, like Edinburgh, we get bullied off the pack because our pack is as powderpuff as the animated girls series on the kids channel, but it's ok, coz we drink buckie so we can forget about how weak we are as we enter a drunken stupor and reminisce about the good old glory days when a limited player like Al Kellock could not only be in the team, but captain us, de we mention that we won a trophy once, also Edinburgh put us through to the Q/F of the champs cup, but we are warriors, we had Al Kellock once, and a working Scalextric track, what’s that? a scrum penalty, ooops..............."

tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Tue 23 Apr 2019, 11:45 am

tigertattie wrote:a proper rugby team, like Edinburgh

laughing

Biggest laugh I've had all week.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 23 Apr 2019, 11:54 am

Glasgow Warriors v Edinburgh Saturday 27th April 110

There's Glasgow training up for the weekend
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by bico Tue 23 Apr 2019, 12:04 pm

As the new boy, to me a joint best team would look like this:
1. Schoeman
2. McInally
3. Nel
4. Gilchrist
5. Grey
6. Barclay
7. Watson
8. Mata
9. Horne (G)
10.Van Der Walt
11. Can't Decide
12. Jones
13. Johnson (S)
14. Graham
15. Hogg

bico

Back to top Go down

Post by bico Tue 23 Apr 2019, 12:08 pm

Sorry Gray not Grey for 5

bico

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 23 Apr 2019, 12:32 pm

bico wrote:As the new boy, to me a joint best team would look like this:
1. Schoeman
2. McInally
3. Nel
4. Gilchrist
5. Grey
6. Barclay
7. Watson
8. Mata
9. Horne (G)
10.Van Der Walt
11. Can't Decide
12. Jones
13. Johnson (S)
14. Graham
15. Hogg

No way is VDW in over Hastings, who has had a very good run of form recently, can't decide you would imagine is aka Tommy Seymour who seems to be right back in form at the business end of the season as well.

So you are saying basically Edinburgh forwards and Glasgow pack.

There is some merit in that, except it overlooks the fact there is really not much in some of the forward selections whereas the Glasgow backs are in a different solar system to the Edinburgh ones and they are not likely to get the ball in any case.

Add to that the fact that Glasgow can bring on some live wire replacements and that Cockers does not trust his bench or is inclined to use them, which is one of the reason that the Edinburgh players all look so knackered at the important stage of the season.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 23 Apr 2019, 12:41 pm

VDW and Hastings arent that far apart.

In all honesty I'd pick
1. Schoeman
2. McInally
3. Nel
4. Gilchrist
5. Gray (only because he may be back to form after last week, Toolis right behind him though)
6. Barclay
7. Watson
8. Mata
9. Horne (G)
10.Hastings (VDW isnt far behind)
11. VDM mk 2 (Seymour just hasnt been there this season)
12. Sam Johnson
13. Jones
14. Graham
15. Hogg

it shows how close the two sides actually are and Edinburgh are just lacking a proper sevice giving 9 to be a decent team.

Even the backs, it's the Edinburgh Wingers with the Glasgow 9 and 10 along with your centres and His Hoggness.

This is why I keep trying to sell Flounder boy the idea of a swap with G Horne for Ritchie or Bradbury.

All this could be resolved though if we do get the saffa laddie thats been reported has coming over!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next