The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWC.....out of country, any help guys?

5 posters

Go down

RWC.....out of country, any help guys? Empty Re: RWC.....out of country, any help guys?

Post by ScarletSpiderman Sat 14 Sep 2019, 4:49 pm

I’ve just manage to get my parents Sky Go account, so problem solved.

Also a very helpful Irish supporter did give me some pub suggestions too. Which was mighty decent of him too.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

RWC.....out of country, any help guys? Empty Re: RWC.....out of country, any help guys?

Post by ScarletSpiderman Sat 14 Sep 2019, 4:51 pm

Btw it’s me that reported this, as then it can be deleted and not clog the boards up.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 14 Sep 2019, 5:12 pm

I am going to be in Sicily for the first week, so i am hoping that mt Virgin Go TV works down there, so in a siimilar boat

I don't imagine the coverage will be as good in Sicily as Dublin!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 14 Sep 2019, 5:50 pm

Having been travelling a fair amount recently this might actually be quite a useful thread that SS has started here..!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 14 Sep 2019, 7:46 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:I’ve just manage to get my parents Sky Go account, so problem solved.

Also a very helpful Irish supporter did give me some pub suggestions too.  Which was mighty decent of him too.

How hard would it be to find an Irishman with good pub suggestions in Dublin? Whistle

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Sat 14 Sep 2019, 7:53 pm

BigGee - that’s a bugger mate. You’ll have to keep us posted if it works or not.

Maes- I hadn’t considered other people being in a similar boat. I made a point to telling, not asking, my boss that I’m fine to be here but the 23rd sept and 9th Oct I’m not going to be turning in for work. But never considered that i couldn’t just throw the hotel tv on.

Taylorman - that’s very true. And to be fair is there such a thing as a bad pub??
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 14 Sep 2019, 8:15 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:BigGee - that’s a bugger mate.  You’ll have to keep us posted if it works or not.

Sicily will undoubtedly have its charms and I am looking forward to experiencing them. I am not convinced that rugby is going to be one of them though!

Having said that, I have this inkling that the famous old Italian prop, back in the days when they had a serious scrum, Andrea Lo Cicero, came from Sicily. Maybe we might bump into him whilst searching for a bar that has the Scotland v Ireland game on live!

If everything else fails, I expect there might be the ubiquitous Irish Pub, somewhere in the neighbourhood and I would be appalled if they are not showing it!

If that fails then it will be the villa and Virgin TV Go (assuming it works)

I have some form for this, as was away during the last world cup. I watched the final in, Le Robin Hood Pub, in Bordeaux and I have to say thoroughly enjoyed it, watching with the French fans, who were all desperate for NZ to lose. They were friendly and generous with their drinks and language seemed to be no barrier whatsoever. All in all a fantastic experience.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Sat 14 Sep 2019, 8:21 pm

BigGee wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:BigGee - that’s a bugger mate.  You’ll have to keep us posted if it works or not.

Sicily will undoubtedly have its charms and I am looking forward to experiencing them. I am not convinced that rugby is going to be one of them though!

Having said that, I have this inkling that the famous old Italian prop, back in the days when they had a serious scrum, Andrea Lo Cicero, came from Sicily. Maybe we might bump into him whilst searching for a bar that has the Scotland v Ireland game on live!

If everything else fails, I expect there might be the ubiquitous Irish Pub, somewhere in the neighbourhood and I would be appalled if they are not showing it!

If that fails then it will be the villa and Virgin TV Go (assuming it works)

I have some form for this, as was away during the last world cup. I watched the final in, Le Robin Hood Pub, in Bordeaux and I have to say thoroughly enjoyed it, watching with the French fans, who were all desperate for NZ to lose. They were friendly and generous with their drinks and language seemed to be no barrier whatsoever. All in all a fantastic experience.

It’ll be interesting to see who the locals get behind. I’m assuming Scotland.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Sep 2019, 8:34 pm

Where have you been, SS. And are you back for good (“Wantcha back, wantcha back, wantcha back for goooood! (Take That?!) picard )

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 15 Sep 2019, 8:29 am

There are plenty of streaming services that you could use. PM me if you want details as its frowned upon here to mention them

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 21 Sep 2019, 7:54 am

Please to report that my Virgin TV go is working fine in Italy, just watched the match this morning on my tablet.

Some matches here being shown on Rai (the national broadcaster), all of Italy gsmes and some of thd other big games like NZ v SA lster on this morning.

Unfortunately none of Scotland's games seemed to have been put in that category.

Tablet it will be for me tomorrow!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 21 Sep 2019, 8:00 am

Can you stream the tablet to a tv? I was in Italy during the pre-RWC warm ups vs England and managed to stream with airplay to the tv in the hotel.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 21 Sep 2019, 8:06 am

Possibly, we do that at home when the SRU streams matches but i did not bring a lead with me, so an academic question in this case.

The TV in our room is not huge in any case but it is HD and has a much better quality pucture than the tablet (we don't have an ipad just a cheap one)

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 21 Sep 2019, 8:09 am

In Italy it’s often worth searching out a rugby club too. There are lots dotted about and they are incredibly welcoming. I’ve watched matches from Genoa to Trani by searching out a club and asking if they are showing a match. The Italian rugby fans love inviting people to watch. The culture is a little less boozy but very passionate.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 21 Sep 2019, 8:12 am

A good idea, but i don't think there will be one in Taormina, it is built on the side of a cliff!

An utterly spectacular place, but not for members of the flat earth society!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 22 Sep 2019, 8:48 pm

Ha ha ha..!

Hope you managed to catch the games anyway

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 22 Sep 2019, 8:49 pm

Very envious of the food. Only country in the world where you can realistically have a conversation where some one starts with “wow have you tried the...!” And this relates to pretty much every meal. Love Sicily

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 22 Sep 2019, 9:18 pm

I caught the game, but maybe might have been if i had missed it!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down