The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets Friday 4th October

+4
tigertattie
RDW
Mad for Chelsea
BigGee
8 posters

Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets Friday 4th October Empty Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets Friday 4th October

Post by BigGee Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:32 am

Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets
Scotstoun Stadium Glasgow
Friday 4th October
KO 19.35

Well first home game of the season for the Warriors, following a pretty chastising opener down in SA. To be fair it was a tough old draw, but we certainly did not do ourselves any credit.

No such excuses will was this weekend. No altitude, no team that has been playing together for months and has just won the Currie Cup and Scarlets the opposition have also given up a good amount of their squad to the Welsh squad.

Scarlets looked good in winning their opener against Connacht but don't always travel well and have a poorish record up in Glasgow.

Glasgow I think it is fair to say, probably felt the wrath of DR and the rest of the coaching staff following their poor showing down south.The word is that most of tem will get a chance of redemption (there may not be to much choice atm) but another failure to turn up will be noted.

Time for Glasgow to get their season up and running I feel.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets Friday 4th October Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets Friday 4th October

Post by Mad for Chelsea Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:24 pm

Team oot:

Keeble
Stewart
Rae
McDonald
Swimson
Harley
Gibbins
Fagerson
Frisby (WHY?)
Thomson
Hughes
McDowall
H. Jones
Steyn
Jackson

Matthews
Allan
Nicol
Gordon
Fusaro
Dobie
Kelly
Bryce

Minimal changes from last week, think only Jackson for Bryce is not injury-enforced, so Rennie giving his charges the chance to put things right.

Pleased to see McDowall back. His partnership with Shuggsy looked promising in the warm-ups. The half-backs need to do much much better than last week.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets Friday 4th October Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets Friday 4th October

Post by BigGee Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:37 pm

I think the centre combo is a lot stronger this week, hopefully McDowell will make a bit of a dent on the gain line.

The half backs are still a bit of a worry, but I am not sure how much choice we do have there. Is Dobie, at 18 really ready to start a professional game? Thompson probably is deserving of one more chance, he did show some promise last season after all.

If they miss fire as badly again, expect Jacko to move up to and JD to get another good 40 mins, which will be invaluable experience for him.

Good to see Gordon and Kelly on the bench, two other players who deserve a chance to show what they can do. Nairn a bit unlucky to miss out, but I expect it is more about providing cover for FH and centre.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:41 pm

Scarlets Team

Looks pretty solid to me.

15 Johnny McNicholl; 14 Tom James, 13 Steff Hughes (capt), 12 Paul Asquith, 11 Steff Evans; 10 Dan Jones, 9 Kieran Hardy; 1 Rob Evans, 2 Marc Jones, 3 Samson Lee, 4 Lewis Rawlins, 5 Steve Cummins, 6 Tom Phillips, 7 Josh Macleod 8 Uzair Cassiem.

Replacements: 16 Taylor Davies, 17 Phil Price, 18 Werner Kruger, 19 Josh Helps, 20 Dan Davis, 21 Dane Blacker, 22 Angus O'Brien, 23 Corey Baldwin.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:44 pm

Strong Scarlets team.

I'm worried about Glasgow's start to the season...hopefully they prove me wrong!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:55 pm

RDW wrote:Strong Scarlets team.

I'm worried about Glasgow's start to the season...hopefully they prove me wrong!

Glasgow, Frisby aside, probably have the better starting XV and with home advantage should be able to get the win here!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:37 pm

Well first home game of the season for the Warriors, following a pretty chastising opener down in SA. To be fair it was a tough old draw, but we certainly did not do ourselves any credit.

Pienaar looked brilliantly in that game. At 35 he still looks like he has a few playing years left in him.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:25 pm

Rubbish game this!

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:29 pm

TheMildlyFranticLlama wrote:Rubbish game this!

Well it does have Glasgow in it!

And they don’t even have the comedy value of Ryan Wilson
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:37 pm

Sadly there’s nothing funny about the damage they’ve done to Huw Jones. Poor bloke looks like he couldn’t catch a cold. Should’ve gone to Leicester Huw

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:48 pm

Superbly atrocious Glasgow kick hands the Scarlets a try. That was really something!

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:54 pm

Oh dear, Cowboy Dave’s part time gunslingers appear to have not turned up again this week

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:05 pm

When does the “Fire Rennie” campaign start?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:15 pm

Left it very late but they’ve finally woken up

21-25 with 5 mins left

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:25 pm

Glasgow were on the Scarlets try line but couldn’t finish it off.

Really have no one but themselves to blame, they handed the Scarlets 2 tries through very loose play and gave themselves too much to do to come back

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:31 pm

Actually Llama, they handed Scarlets all three tries.

Two points though;

at the final pick and drive, before they lost control of the ball and consequently the game, the Scarlets were a mile offside. I was thinking Clownshoes had done well all evening but he really missed that last one,

after WHY? went off the Glasgow packs really started looking dangerous. Perhaps the pass getting to the receiver before the blitz defence helped? Dobbie really looks to be a prospect. Just hope that his body is up to the rigours of pro rugby.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:52 pm

Better playing the youngster than that old hasneverbeen waste of a salary

Don’t want to break the laddie though.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:13 pm

Sounds like Nick Frisby is reaching Jade Te Rure levels of awfulness as s journeyman signing!

Ach here's me got angry again just thinking about him mad

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:39 pm

Both teams underperformed given the strength they have. Glasgow’s props were good, if Kebble wasn’t a walking injury he would be some player for Glasgow. Interesting that Lee was hooked at half time. That’s quite a fall from grace, being Wales first choice to struggling to make the clubs first XV - he must be struggling with fitness again, in which case he’s probably going to struggle with getting a new contract.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:00 am

Well that was really disappointing, we just gave the game to Scarlets in 10 mins of brainless rugby. The Welsh at least showed the gumption to take the opportunities when they came along.

At least we put up a bit of a fight this week and denied them a BP which looked odds on at one stage.

Our half bscks were so ponderous, it says something when an experienced pro like Frisby gets totally shown up by an 18 year old kid off the bench.

Thomosin scored the try to get us going again but he haf snother poor game as well.

It really looks like we are going to struggld with our first team away. I do wonder if we will be able to make up the defeceit whdn they get back.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:14 am

You've not got much of a choice now!

I think it's going to be a painful few weeks for the Weeg, although yesterday sounds like it was truly woeful with the flipside that dobie again did well. Frisby should be chucked for that performance (see what I did there?😎) I've never been convinced he was more than a journeyman, they should've got on the phone to Sam HC really.

Hopefully Edinburgh put a better effort in against cardiff!

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down