The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2020 Predictions....

+2
Mr Bounce
TRUSSMAN66
6 posters

Go down

2020 Predictions.... Empty 2020 Predictions....

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 09 Jan 2020, 8:13 pm

Khan v Brook...Will be made for the back end of Summer and Brook will win by come from behind stoppage.

Wilder stops Fury and Whyte and is recognised as Number 1 Heavy...

Joshua beats three stiffs and then signs for a battle of Britain with Fury for 2021..

Porter....Warrington....Taylor...all continue to impress and stay unbeaten....

Frampton loses his title shot and retires...

GGG loses but not to Alvarez..

Smith beats Canelo....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

2020 Predictions.... Empty Re: 2020 Predictions....

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 10 Jan 2020, 5:20 pm

Fury makes Wilder look stupid and wins a shutout, this time avoiding the big right hand. Claims WBC belt, then has to face Whyte. Does the same to him. Talk continues about a "Super-fight" for all the belts against Joshua. Nothing materialises.

Spence Jr and Crawford get it on midway through the year and it's a thriller, both having their moments. Judges find it hard to split them and it's a draw. Both claim they won by shutout, then agree to rematch.

Joshua is forced to face Pulev, but steps it up and utterly pulverises the Bulgarian in 3 one-sided rounds. Calls out Fury. Fury ignores him as he has the Whyte fight to take care of.

Dorticos scores a spectacular come-from-behind 12th round KO of Breidis in the second WBSS Cruiserweight championship.

Joshua drops the WBO belt and Usyk fights Kownacki for the vacant belt. Usyk makes a statement, outboxes the Pole for 9 rounds then KOs him once he's knackered. Calls out Fury and Joshua.

Khan calls out Mayweather. And Pacquiao. And Brook. These fights do not materialise. Brook fights Danny Garcia and beats him well. Calls out Crawford and Spence. Both are busy.

Taylor wants Ramirez, but the WBA force him to fight their "regular" champion Mario Barrios. Destroys him in 2, neatly setting up a super fight with Ramirez, who easily beats Postol.

Tank Davis gets a fight against Lomachenko and indulges in some dreadful trash talk. Loma takes it on board and uses it against Tank. He turns Davis into a bloody mess forcing a stoppage after 11 painful rounds.

Warrington wants Russel Jr but doesn't get him. As Truss says, he continues to impress and stays unbeaten.

Inoue wants to fight Rigondeaux, but his team think otherwise. He carries on being brutal.

Ruiz Jr turns up at the Fury Wilder fight as if he's still relevant. Looks like he's sponsored by Taco Bell. Now weights 22 stone.

And finally, Canelo fights Smith at SMW. Smith picks him off easily at range, and soundly beats him in everyone's eyes except the judges, who give the fight to Canelo 118-111, 119-110 and 120-108. Oscar reminds everyone what a warrior Canelo is.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 11 Jan 2020, 8:57 am

Excellent post....Mr Bounce.

Suspect Porter will be too big for Crawford but it is a 55-45 fight..

Suspect Wilder will have more idea this time what to expect.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 11 Jan 2020, 8:52 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Excellent post....Mr Bounce.

Suspect Porter will be too big for Crawford but it is a 55-45 fight..

Suspect Wilder will have more idea this time what to expect.

Cheers Truss

I just think that Fury will be a bit too smart for the "all power, no technique" enigma that is Wilder. Wilder thought Fury was an easy push over, but the 60% fit Fury came within a whisker of beating him. That power is a massive leveller though. Say what you like about Wilder, but his power is a game changer.

I like both Spence and Crawford - I just can't split them at this time. Gun to head I'd also go Spence, as I really think he's something special.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 12 Jan 2020, 11:22 am

Every chance I'm wrong about Fury v Wilder...But Wilder can tinker with his game and has a better idea what to expect...Fury will be awkward Fury but Wilder will have 12 rounds to connect and more experience..

But Fury is one of life's survivors..

Lomo will beat Davis... But like when Chavez v Starling was mooted once he meets a bigger...accomplished boxer that takes his shot at a higher weight he is in trouble...

Starling would have played Chavez..Like Benitez toyed with Duran...Sanchez with Gomez.

Lomo's handlers need to be realistic....

Good stuff.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Mon 13 Jan 2020, 10:18 am

Can’t say I disagree with any of them apart from Smith beating Canelo.

Ryder was robbed and won that fight in my view. His footwork was good and got in front of Smith pretty easily without getting hit then unloaded, this happened pretty much every round. Canelo does that miles better and can dig so I fancy Canelo to stop Smith mid rounds. Having said that GGG may fancy the job after seeing the Ryder fight and we know how well he cuts the ring down. So my prediction is GGG steps up and stops Smith to become two weight world champion.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Mon 13 Jan 2020, 12:15 pm

As much as I would like to see Tyson Fury beat Deontay Wilder - I don't see it.  I think it is likely that Wilder knocks out Fury at some point during the twelve rounds.  If Fury wins then his stock as an all time great will go up - with this added to what he did with Klitschko in Klitschko's back yard.  Whatever happens with Tyson Fury he has already indicated this year is likely to be his last year as a professional boxer as he wants to pursue other areas of "entertainment / opportunity" or maybe even politics (he has said he was horrified about the poverty in US).

if Canelo fights Smith I think Canelo beats him.  Canelo has just got better and more professional.  He only seems to be looking for "legacy" fights nowadays.  That is he already seems to be retired from the grind of the sport - just cherry picking "mega-fights / legacy-fights".  He is not like a Pacquiao who just seems like he loves fighting and will fight anyone and wants to keep "busy" - even though he should retire - given he is already a "full-time" senator in the Philippino parliament.

I hope Ruiz Jr goes on a diet and proves he is the real deal with an unstoppable granite chin.

I hope Daniel Dubois continues to rise in the heavyweight ranks and begins to make a challenge at the top level of the heavyweight division.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by smashingstormcrow Mon 13 Jan 2020, 12:26 pm

Everyone seems to be saying the obvious "Wilder by stoppage or Fury on points". But I wouldn't be surprised by a Wilder points win. If Wilder scores knockdowns in three rounds, all of a sudden we're looking at a close fight. Assuming Fury can climb off the canvas again... Wilder on points could be an interesting bet.

Brook and Khan to fight, once it looks like there is no lucrative alternative for either of them. Khan to make a strong start before getting (inevitably) caught on the button. Khan announces retirement. Brook's eye injury is aggravated and he retires a few weeks later.

Usyk (just about) beats Parker on points for vacant WBO title. Gains a reputation as a paper champ.

Whyte doesn't land a title shot.

Spence and Crawford don't fight. One of them fights Pacquiao (and wins easily).

Canelo to beat Smith... the Saudis offer crazy money for Floyd/Canelo II. Canelo starts boiling down to the specified catchweight and damages his body irrevocably, and is never the same fighter again. Floyd pulls out with one month to go.

smashingstormcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 13 Jan 2020, 12:31 pm

No name Bertie wrote:As much as I would like to see Tyson Fury beat Deontay Wilder - I don't see it.  I think it is likely that Wilder knocks out Fury at some point during the twelve rounds.  If Fury wins then his stock as an all time great will go up - with this added to what he did with Klitschko in Klitschko's back yard.  Whatever happens with Tyson Fury he has already indicated this year is likely to be his last year as a professional boxer as he wants to pursue other areas of "entertainment / opportunity" or maybe even politics (he has said he was horrified about the poverty in US).

if Canelo fights Smith I think Canelo beats him.  Canelo has just got better and more professional.  He only seems to be looking for "legacy" fights nowadays.  That is he already seems to be retired from the grind of the sport - just cherry picking "mega-fights / legacy-fights".  He is not like a Pacquiao who just seems like he loves fighting and will fight anyone and wants to keep "busy" - even though he should retire - given he is already a "full-time" senator in the Philippino parliament.

I hope Ruiz Jr goes on a diet and proves he is the real deal with an unstoppable granite chin.

I hope Daniel Dubois continues to rise in the heavyweight ranks and begins to make a challenge at the top level of the heavyweight division.

Well Wilder didn't knock Fury out in the first fight and he was woefully underprepared in that one.

I don't think you can cherry pick mega fights myself, he fights the best there is and that's all there is to it.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 13 Jan 2020, 12:39 pm

Fury will still be fighting in ten years time...Extrovert that like other sportsmen will find the opportunities outside the sport will dry up..

Not sure Fury knows what he wants from one day to the next and fighting is in his blood....Anyway the state of Boxing dictates it needs Fury characters...Hope he sticks around.

As for Callum Smith think we need to be careful not to base too much on one fight....If we did then...

Sanchez v Cowdell....Benitez v Weston...Chavez v Laporte would dictate they were overrated at the time too..

But the jury is out on Smith and he may be overrated...

I don't think he is...We will see.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 13 Jan 2020, 5:52 pm

Not enough People giving us their predictions for 2020...I know Posters like Soul and Herman are "Told you so" types and Derby and Milky are too posh for 606 these days... But there must be some posters out of the 200 or so views with opinions to offer..

Don't be shy....Life is too short !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down