The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

+21
geoff999rugby
Oakdene
thebandwagonsociety
chris_501
lostinwales
No 7&1/2
PhilBB
QuickBall
Brendan
prop_lyd
LordDowlais
formerly known as Sam
Welshmushroom
BigGee
LeinsterFan4life
maestegmafia
Blueschief
Luckless Pedestrian
Stone Motif
mikey_dragon
RiscaGame
25 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 17 Empty Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by RiscaGame Wed 08 Jan 2020, 2:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

Because it seemingly hit his head. I understand why he did it, as they were slowing us down a fair bit and not getting penalised, but it needs to be a few more angles than the clip I have seen.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 17 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 15 Mar 2021, 7:46 pm

I didn't get around to watching the game, but Roberts has been one of our best players this season. I heard Baker did well again when he came on. No surprise to hear Griffiths did well too. We need to lose Moriarty IMO.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan - Page 17 Empty Re: Dragons Season Thread - 2019/20 aka Year 1 of the new 5 Year Plan

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 15 Mar 2021, 7:48 pm

geoff999rugby wrote:I just wonder about his power when a 5' 6" guy can have such a comfortable defensive game against him.

To be fair you obviously have seen him a lot more this year than me.
I would worry a little about having old men like him and Hibbard in the side .
Maybe they are the exception.
Another thing I would say/ask is do Dragons have a reliable kicker lined up for next season.
50% - Sam Davies stats according to the TV is a joke..

I genuinely wish Dragons well....except when they play Ulster of course Very Happy

I didn't know it was as bad as 50%... Both our halfbacks are inconsistent. We have addressed 9 by bringing in Bertrano. Hopefully we can get another 10, especially seeing as the alternative is Josh Lewis but good fly-halves aren't cheap.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 16 Mar 2021, 8:45 am

What's happened with Sam Davies? I remember him coming through and he really highly rated and was going to be the attacking playmaker that Wales and Ospreys desired. Doesn't seem like he's kicked on. If he's under pressure and it's affecting his kicking perhaps finding a placekicker from elsewhere in the backline could be the way to go.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Tue 16 Mar 2021, 8:53 am

To be fair, he has been under a lot of pressure carrying our backline. Ironically though, his form seems to have dipped, when he has a steadier 12 alongside him. He's not too bad ball in hand still, but his kicking is an issue. I guess Dean Ryan doesn't want to potentially lower his confidence, by letting Josh Lewis take the kicks.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 16 Mar 2021, 9:03 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:What's happened with Sam Davies? I remember him coming through and he really highly rated and was going to be the attacking playmaker that Wales and Ospreys desired. Doesn't seem like he's kicked on. If he's under pressure and it's affecting his kicking perhaps finding a placekicker from elsewhere in the backline could be the way to go.

Simply put, he played for Ospreys; their fans and the Welsh media overrate all their players. It amazes me how they still got some high-end reputation after the last few years. I didn't think he was international material back then and you're right, he hasn't really improved.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Tue 16 Mar 2021, 9:09 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:What's happened with Sam Davies? I remember him coming through and he really highly rated and was going to be the attacking playmaker that Wales and Ospreys desired. Doesn't seem like he's kicked on. If he's under pressure and it's affecting his kicking perhaps finding a placekicker from elsewhere in the backline could be the way to go.

Simply put, he played for Ospreys; their fans and the Welsh media overrate all their players. It amazes me how they still got some high-end reputation after the last few years. I didn't think he was international material back then and you're right, he hasn't really improved.

Agreed, if you take 5 minutes to look on the WoL you'll see there is always another Ospreys player being hyped up.

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by y ddraig goch Tue 16 Mar 2021, 7:32 pm

He was a good under 20 player playing in a good youth team who then struggled in men's rugby. He's now found his level at the Dragons and looks like a good club player but nothing more. He's not the first and won't be the last like that.

y ddraig goch

Back to top Go down

Post by y ddraig goch Tue 16 Mar 2021, 7:33 pm

I think the Dragons should be happy they brought in Jonah Holmes and got rid of Amos. He looks like a much better player and I don't understand how Amos started in the first game of this six nations for Wales.

y ddraig goch

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Tue 16 Mar 2021, 7:51 pm

Ah yeah, I’d forgotten about Amos v Ireland.

Holmes is looking good, when we manage to get the ball into his hands.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Wed 17 Mar 2021, 11:52 am

y ddraig goch wrote:I think the Dragons should be happy they brought in Jonah Holmes and got rid of Amos. He looks like a much better player and I don't understand how Amos started in the first game of this six nations for Wales.

Because Adams went to a party
PhilBB
PhilBB

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Wed 17 Mar 2021, 11:53 am

mikey_dragon wrote:

Was it the Ospreys and the Welsh media that voted him IRB Junior Player of the Year in 2013?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 17 Mar 2021, 12:19 pm

PhilBB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

Was it the Ospreys and the Welsh media that voted him IRB Junior Player of the Year in 2013?

Yawn. Take him at Cardiff if you want, we'll have Ben Thomas or Jarrod Evans.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Wed 17 Mar 2021, 12:23 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

Yawn. Take him at Cardiff if you want, we'll have Ben Thomas or Jarrod Evans.

The point of my post wasn't about the relative quality of Sam Davies, it was about your unworthy criticism of him.

I don't know why Davies turned down clubs outside of Wales to play for the Dragons in the first place, so I'm totally bewildered by his choice to stay there OTHER than his Billy Big Balls at that club and he wouldn't be anywhere else. He's an average player, well outside of the 38 and will be potentially 6th choice to play for Wales next season.

However, he was a good young player. We can all agree that he hasn't improved but it's a bit of a stretch to claim he was over rated when he won that award. He had huge potential and never kicked on, perhaps because of the same attitude that his Dad used when trying to get a job at the WRU and perhaps that's why he didn't leave Wales when given the opportunity.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 17 Mar 2021, 12:31 pm

It's not unworthy though as the stats back it up, and whenever I do mention it (just me specifically) you come back with "yeah butt he won junior player of the year tho." That just strikes me as someone who doesn't watch much rugby tbh. Jack Clifford was the best player in that tournament, must mean a lot coming from a Welshman...

I didn't claim he was overrated when he won the award, I claimed the Ospreys fans and the welsh media hyped and overrated him, like they do all their players. He was well into his pro career at this point. Ospreys had a very well drilled pack back then under Gibbes tutelage. That said I didn't think Davies was as good as made out for the U20s and can think of a few players that were better than him - it was a decent U20s team.

Davies did alright for Wales when called upon but if you're 6th choice then it means you aren't really at the level that is required.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Wed 17 Mar 2021, 1:42 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:It's not unworthy though as the stats back it up, and whenever I do mention it (just me specifically) you come back with "yeah butt he won junior player of the year tho." That just strikes me as someone who doesn't watch much rugby tbh. Jack Clifford was the best player in that tournament, must mean a lot coming from a Welshman...

I didn't claim he was overrated when he won the award, I claimed the Ospreys fans and the welsh media hyped and overrated him, like they do all their players. He was well into his pro career at this point. Ospreys had a very well drilled pack back then under Gibbes tutelage. That said I didn't think Davies was as good as made out for the U20s and can think of a few players that were better than him - it was a decent U20s team.

Davies did alright for Wales when called upon but if you're 6th choice then it means you aren't really at the level that is required.

I can't remember ever conversing with you before about Sam Davies but the jibe that you wish to portray me as "someone who doesn't watch much rugby" is a new one. I've been called plenty in my time but that's a rare one, fair play to you.

He was 'hyped' by the Ospreys fans and Welsh media because he won that award. He was not even 20 years old at the time and it took another three and a half years after that award for him to get his first cap.

You seem to be able to think of a few better players at u20 level than the bloke who won the award for being the best player at that level, at that time.

As noted, your issue is your fabrication of a hype rather than the quality of the player. He's too good a player to be at the Dragons, but he's not international standard.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Wed 17 Mar 2021, 1:45 pm

Interestingly, here's a match day selection from the 2013 u20 World Cup (the team that lost to England):

Wales: Jordan Williams (Scarlets/Llanelli); Ashley Evans (Ospreys/Bridgend), Steffan Hughes (Scarlets/Llanelli), Jack Dixon (Dragons), Hallam Amos (Dragons/Newport); Sam Davies (Ospreys/Swansea), Rhodri Williams (Scarlets/Llandovery); Gareth Thomas (Scarlets/Carmarthen Quins), Elliot Dee (Dragons/Bedwas), Nicky Thomas (Ospreys/Swansea), Carwyn Jones (Scarlets/Carmarthen), Rhodri Hughes (Ospreys/Swansea), Jack Jones (Ospreys/Rovigo), Ieuan Jones (Dragons/Newport), Ellis Jenkins (capt, Blues/Cardiff).

Replacements: Ethan Lewis (Blues/Cardiff), Thomas Davies (Blues/Cardiff), Dan Suter (Ospreys/Bridgend), James Benjamin (Dragons/Bedwas), Daniel Thomas (Scarlets/Llanelli), Joshua Davies (Dragons/Bedwas), Owen Jenkins (Blues/Pontypridd), Thomas Pascoe (Blues/Pontypridd).

Other than Ellis Jenkins and passable international players like Amos and Dee, that's a pretty poor 23.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 17 Mar 2021, 2:09 pm

Well I remember, you've done it a few times.

He was very hyped whist in the pivotal role for Ospreys, and he was about as good as he is now. I know Ospreys wanted to keep him but that was due to the fact Luke Price was the alternative. So over 3 years of hype? Not great is it.

You've lost me with the rest.

Aside from Clifford and Nowell of England U20s, I would rate the following Wales U20s as better players during that time; Jordan Williams, Hallam Amos, Rhodri Williams, Ellis Jenkins, Dan Thomas. Not rating them as better or worse now as that wasn't the argument, nice try on trying to move the goalposts though.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Wed 17 Mar 2021, 2:34 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Well I remember, you've done it a few times.

He was very hyped whist in the pivotal role for Ospreys, and he was about as good as he is now. I know Ospreys wanted to keep him but that was due to the fact Luke Price was the alternative. So over 3 years of hype? Not great is it.

You've lost me with the rest.

Aside from Clifford and Nowell of England U20s, I would rate the following Wales U20s as better players during that time; Jordan Williams, Hallam Amos, Rhodri Williams, Ellis Jenkins, Dan Thomas. Not rating them as better or worse now as that wasn't the argument, nice try on trying to move the goalposts though.

Right, I see. So he was overhyped for years - but only by Ospreys fans, so those who awarded him Junior Player of the Year didn't overhype him but those Ospreys fans who rated him because he was World Junior Player of the Year were overhyping him - and your 8 year old memory tells you others were playing better rugby at the time so that means those who did award him World Junior Player of the Year were over hyping him.

Hmmm. Okie dokie.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 17 Mar 2021, 3:27 pm

Why do you keep mentioning the novelty U20 POTY award? It's somewhat irrelevant to this entire discussion. My point is that he was being hyped up despite not being as good as the hype, I thought that was clear? I mean if he's the same level now which you and others seem to agree with then that would lead us to believe I'm correct. Unless your purposely sidetracking? I do remember that tournament well because Wales played well throughout the tournament, where a lot of them have gone on to have pro careers - pretty successful in other words. Your memory might be like a sieve, don't assume mine is.

Aren't you also the one that also said Faletau was made at Filton college, but all the valley boys were made by Cardiff Blues academy?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Wed 17 Mar 2021, 5:44 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Why do you keep mentioning the novelty U20 POTY award? It's somewhat irrelevant to this entire discussion. My point is that he was being hyped up despite not being as good as the hype, I thought that was clear? I mean if he's the same level now which you and others seem to agree with then that would lead us to believe I'm correct. Unless your purposely sidetracking? I do remember that tournament well because Wales played well throughout the tournament, where a lot of them have gone on to have pro careers - pretty successful in other words. Your memory might be like a sieve, don't assume mine is.

Aren't you also the one that also said Faletau was made at Filton college, but all the valley boys were made by Cardiff Blues academy?

Being named Junior World Player of the Year was the basis for the 'hype' you think existed only amongst Ospreys fans, so I'm not sure how you can legitimately claim it's somewhat irrelevant. How can the source of the hype be 'somewhat irrelevant'? Only if you wish to pain the 'hype' as misplaced.

You seem to be unaware that the hype was justified at the time you criticised a group of supporters for valuing Davies.

Faletau was made by Filton College
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 17 Mar 2021, 8:54 pm

PhilBB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Why do you keep mentioning the novelty U20 POTY award? It's somewhat irrelevant to this entire discussion. My point is that he was being hyped up despite not being as good as the hype, I thought that was clear? I mean if he's the same level now which you and others seem to agree with then that would lead us to believe I'm correct. Unless your purposely sidetracking? I do remember that tournament well because Wales played well throughout the tournament, where a lot of them have gone on to have pro careers - pretty successful in other words. Your memory might be like a sieve, don't assume mine is.

Being named Junior World Player of the Year was the basis for the 'hype' you think existed only amongst Ospreys fans, so I'm not sure how you can legitimately claim it's somewhat irrelevant. How can the source of the hype be 'somewhat irrelevant'? Only if you wish to pain the 'hype' as misplaced.

You seem to be unaware that the hype was justified at the time you criticised a group of supporters for valuing Davies.

Faletau was made by Filton College

Ah, another case of Phil arguing against points nobody made.

You mentioned the U20s POTY, not me. I did NOT say the basis for the hype was based on that. My point was they (Ospreys fans and media) overhyped him, this was during his playing day for the Ospreys. Again, not the Wales U20s. If he is good now as he was then, then you must think he was overhyped too because he's not that good right now. Well done for dropping yourself in that one.

I didn't claim he was overrated when he won the award, again an argument you made up by yourself to try and sound clever. All I said was is that I thought and still think there were better players in the top 2 teams of the U20s. Seeing as I wasn't talking about the U20s, only his pro career, it is not only somewhat irrelevant to the point I was making, it's totally irrelevant. You made a point of it so you can argue with yourself about that. You can shhh about the u20s now.

Whilst I have given praise and criticism, I don't see how criticism is unworthy when the stats back up my point. You disagreed with this but then went all quiet as soon as I alluded to the stats.
"You seem to be unaware that the hype was justified at the time you criticised a group of supporters for valuing Davies." - why / how? Are you still making up what I said? Telling lies is quite low tbh, miaow used to come here and do that often. If you're going to try and debate then also try not to lie.

Faletau was made by the Dragons, cry some more why don't you Very Happy.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 18 Mar 2021, 10:40 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
You mentioned the U20s POTY, not me. I did NOT say the basis for the hype was based on that. My point was they (Ospreys fans and media) overhyped him, this was during his playing day for the Ospreys. Again, not the Wales U20s. If he is good now as he was then, then you must think he was overhyped too because he's not that good right now. Well done for dropping yourself in that one.

I didn't claim he was overrated when he won the award, again an argument you made up by yourself to try and sound clever. All I said was is that I thought and still think there were better players in the top 2 teams of the U20s. Seeing as I wasn't talking about the U20s, only his pro career, it is not only somewhat irrelevant to the point I was making, it's totally irrelevant. You made a point of it so you can argue with yourself about that. You can shhh about the u20s now.

Whilst I have given praise and criticism, I don't see how criticism is unworthy when the stats back up my point. You disagreed with this but then went all quiet as soon as I alluded to the stats.
"You seem to be unaware that the hype was justified at the time you criticised a group of supporters for valuing Davies." - why / how? Are you still making up what I said? Telling lies is quite low tbh, miaow used to come here and do that often. If you're going to try and debate then also try not to lie.

Faletau was made by the Dragons, cry some more why don't you Very Happy.

I know you didn't mention the Junior World Player of Year. I did. I did because it was the basis for the "hype" Davies was given, a hype you claimed was unjustified. He was already playing for the Ospreys when he won that award.

You also seem to lack the ability to note the relativity of the award. We can see this by your own removal of the word "JUNIOR" from how you refer to it.

I don't even know what stats you think you are 'alluding to' when the point all along has been YOUR view on the Ospreys supporters "HYPING" Davies. I've tried to point out the basis for what you see as hype but even now you still can't accept it.

And God knows why you are writing accusations of lies. I've explained now three times to you the basis for the 'hype' but still you refuse to even understand the words being written for you.

The Dragons academy didn't pick up on Faletau initially. It's one of the reasons he went to Filton. The Dragons even recognise that on their own website where they write the following words:

"The son of former Tongan international Kili, Faletau at the Bristol Academy of Sport at Filton College when he was first spotted by the Dragons set up. He was fast-tracked into the Dragons' Under-20 set-up and Academy and made his debut for the senior side during the 2009/10 season." Here: https://www.dragonsrugby.wales/news/2020/april/ultimate-xv-taulupe-faletau.html

That's quite a self own you've done there. Quite a huge hole you've blown out of your own foot. They fast tracked him in to the u20s as they'd missed him at u16....

If you want more evidence to show your error on Faletau, read this: https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/incredible-story-taulupe-faletau-how-11014934

"My lad Dorian (now Dragons outside-half) was at Filton and I tried to get Taulupe to join Sale’s academy but there was a regulation that prevented the signing of non-English players unless they lived in England,” he explained. Fortunately, then WRU talent-spotter Will Thomas, who is now with the Hong Kong Rugby Union, was on the case and Faletau was picked to appear for Dragons’ Under-20 team as an 18-year-old."

Faletau was already an adult by the time the Dragons (because of the WRU) picked him.

So there's two huge screw ups by you in this conversation. Firstly, you can't accept the reason for the hype on Davies and then, when you tried to change the conversation away from that mistake by you, you've doubled down on your silliness by not comprehending the background to Faletau's career. Well done, Stirling work.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 18 Mar 2021, 11:01 am

Again, the hype was made and continued during his Ospreys playing days which I made clear (like the hype Dan Evans too just another blatant example), so you're talking an irrelevance. I don't have much else to add to that argument apart from advise you to go back and read what I already wrote. Try not to be a liar next time because it's pathetic.

On Faletau - he was playing for Cross Keys so would have been noticed anyway, but regardless of that, it's just your opinion and a pretty inaccurate one at that. Otherwise every player who went to Filton would be world class by now. I think you knew that though, and you're telling more lies. Is there much going on for you, that you have to always come here and start arguments that nobody made? Must make you feel worthless to then lose said arguments. I don't have time for you now.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 18 Mar 2021, 11:10 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Again, the hype was made and continued during his Ospreys playing days which I made clear (like the hype Dan Evans too just another blatant example), so you're talking an irrelevance. I don't have much else to add to that argument apart from advise you to go back and read what I already wrote. Try not to be a liar next time because it's pathetic.

On Faletau - he was playing for Cross Keys so would have been noticed anyway, but regardless of that, it's just your opinion and a pretty inaccurate one at that. Otherwise every player who went to Filton would be world class by now. I think you knew that though, and you're telling more lies. Is there much going on for you, that you have to always come here and start arguments that nobody made? Must make you feel worthless to then lose said arguments. I don't have time for you now.

You now can't seem to realise that I know what you wrote. I read it. I read it again and it was still wrong the second time. I've addressed your error by correcting it. By addressing your error and correcting it, you've somehow arrived at the false conclusion that I've lied. How odd.

It's not my opinion about Faletau. It's the opinion of the Dragons themselves and of the WRU. That's why I provided you with the evidence from, you know, the WRU and from the Dragons. Quite how Filton College making Faletau should mean that the college automatically makes each of its players "World Class" is the thinking of a child.

I know you don't have time for me know as I've shown you to have been writing nonsense. I've provided the actual evidence from the actual WRU and the actual Dragons on the career path of Faletau yet you claimed my opinion (which is based on the actual evidence presented) is "pretty inaccurate". That's a special take on face saving that you've chosen.

It doesn't fool anybody. You've been called out, disproved, yet you lack the necessary to admit your error. Shameful behaviour from an adult
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 21 Mar 2021, 5:00 pm

Well done Drags fans, you guys did the double on us this year, that must be the first time in a while.

Not a classic, but a couple of brilliant individual tries

Definitely looked like you guys wanted it more than we did.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Luckless Pedestrian, mikey_dragon and RiscaGame like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sun 21 Mar 2021, 5:16 pm

Great to see Davies have a good day off the tee.

Good result. Nice to end a mixed sporting weekend on a high.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sun 21 Mar 2021, 5:37 pm

Dragons did well to overcome a number of setbacks. Losing Lewis in the warm up and losing Griffiths and Doc fairly early.

Did think it wasn’t going to be our day, with the Bertranou try being disallowed.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sun 21 Mar 2021, 5:52 pm

Nice to see us scoring tries on a decent pitch too. Really can’t wait for RP to be sorted.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 22 Mar 2021, 12:40 pm

RiscaGame wrote:Nice to see us scoring tries on a decent pitch too. Really can’t wait for RP to be sorted.

Do you think the playing surface has an effect on your performances ?

I have always been critical of the pith at Rodney Parade, and for me it is because of that massive roof over the main stand.

https://www.rugbygroundguide.com/dragons.html

The Hazel stand has a massive roof leaning towards the pitch, and I was there once when it was absolutely hammering it down, for a Dragons game against Munster, a few years ago now I must admit, so I do not know if anything has changed, but the storm drains collecting the water off the roof could not cope, and the deluge was just pouring all over onto the side of the pitch off the roof, and collecting down the end by the changing rooms.

I do not know how much it would cost, but if that roof was pointing towards the sky, like your new stand, then the water would run backwards away from the pitch, just something I always though every time I saw the area all along the Hazell terrace and behind the goal line like a quagmire. I just spreads all over the pitch from there.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Mon 22 Mar 2021, 1:31 pm

Yeah, I think it does affect them. We seem a bit more creative now. Maybe it’s just coincidence, but I’m a bit gutted to have to play Northampton back on RP, after the past few games.

It may be a good point on the roof. It doesn’t help us that the water can’t drain fully anyway, as obviously the river Usk rises and there are factors like the increased housing around the area, which adds to the drainage strain. I can’t pretend to be a groundskeeper, but I always think the sand we throw down straight away can’t help the pitch either.

I think it has been coping pretty well overall, since the last relaying work carried out on it, but it is a year past its shelf life now.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by y ddraig goch Tue 23 Mar 2021, 9:28 pm

PhilBB wrote:
y ddraig goch wrote:I think the Dragons should be happy they brought in Jonah Holmes and got rid of Amos. He looks like a much better player and I don't understand how Amos started in the first game of this six nations for Wales.

Because Adams went to a party

You're misunderstanding my point. Holmes is a better player than Amos so should be starting for Wales ahead of him.

y ddraig goch

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri 26 Mar 2021, 12:24 pm

Dragons: J Williams; J Holmes, A Owen, J Dixon, A Hewitt; S Davies, G Bertranou; B Harris, R Hibbard, L Fairbrother, J Davies, M Screech, A Wainwright, H Keddie (capt), R Moriarty. Reps: E Dee, G Bateman, L Brown, B Carter, B Fry, R Williams, N Tompkins, E Lloyd.

Some bench Cool

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 26 Mar 2021, 1:16 pm

I might have swapped the TH's around though, and started with Roberts unless he's unavailable.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Fri 26 Mar 2021, 1:20 pm

RiscaGame wrote:Dragons: J Williams; J Holmes, A Owen, J Dixon, A Hewitt; S Davies, G Bertranou; B Harris, R Hibbard, L Fairbrother, J Davies, M Screech, A Wainwright, H Keddie (capt), R Moriarty. Reps: E Dee, G Bateman, L Brown, B Carter, B Fry, R Williams, N Tompkins, E Lloyd.

Some bench Cool

That's some back row too!!

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 26 Mar 2021, 1:31 pm

Looks as though the Edinburgh starting pack is largely 2nd/3rd choice.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 26 Mar 2021, 1:37 pm

With no Griffiths or Basham, to be able to call upon the quality of Keddie and Fry is unbelievable. We're well stocked at 7.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri 26 Mar 2021, 1:39 pm

Agree on the backrow. Would have been interesting to see the selection, had Griffiths been fit.

Shame about Roberts aye. Guess he hasn’t recovered from the dead leg last week, unless it turned out to be more.

I get why Brown hasn’t started. Barrel has earned the start for now too. Same as Hibbard really, although I expect FR replacements at around 50 mins if no injuries.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 26 Mar 2021, 2:40 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Looks as though the Edinburgh starting pack is largely 2nd/3rd choice.

I'd be spitting feathers if I was an Edinburgh supporter. Scotland have their match postponed through no fault of their own, and as a result they're missing a load of Test players. Same for Glasgow, in another match that affects us - Benetton will have their Test players back too.

Luckless Pedestrian

mikey_dragon and RiscaGame like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 26 Mar 2021, 4:43 pm

Their fans aren’t pleased that’s for sure. The only way to rectify it is for Scotland to beat France later on!

Any reason why Baker hasn’t featured the last couple weeks; injured? All the reports suggest that he’s been doing well for us off the bench. Before his long-term injury he was one of the best ball-carrying 8’s in Wales; probably not saying a lot as we don’t have many of those.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 26 Mar 2021, 5:29 pm

I haven't heard anything. I guess it's because he wasn't needed, with Griffiths back and now Wainwright.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 27 Mar 2021, 3:47 pm

So a BP win and a 44 pts difference required from you guys tomorrow to pip Glasgow to 4th spot.

A tall order, but Edinburgh look there for the taking. Hopefully for Glasgow they can put up some resistance.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sat 27 Mar 2021, 5:28 pm

If only Roberts was available, I think we’d do it Wink

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Mar 2021, 5:43 pm

The win is a decent possibility. The 44 points difference....not so much!

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 27 Mar 2021, 6:00 pm

I guess it means they will need to go for it from the off - don't die wondering!

Should be a decent game to watch then

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sat 27 Mar 2021, 6:11 pm

Bet they wish they’d gone for it against Leinster now. That could’ve made things a bit easier.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sun 28 Mar 2021, 2:53 pm

Good half, to be fair. I know we’re not going to do this 45 points realistically, but it’s good to see us having a go.

We need to take this into the derbies. Particularly the Cardiff game, as it has been a while since we’ve really shown up for one of those.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 28 Mar 2021, 2:57 pm

I don't know, I think you will do it unless Edinburgh can sneak a few more scores. They have nothing on their bench and are going g to seriously run out of gas later on.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 28 Mar 2021, 3:20 pm

Fabulous defence with Edinburgh, who have held out for nearly 20 mins this half now

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 28 Mar 2021, 3:27 pm

I think that might be Glasgow into Europe now, Drags have gone off the boil this second half

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 28 Mar 2021, 3:30 pm

Could Edinburgh win this game now?

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next