The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terry Pratchett's Discworld

2 posters

Go down

Terry Pratchett's Discworld Empty Terry Pratchett's Discworld

Post by king_carlos Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:30 pm

I've recently got back into the Discworld series after bulk buying a second hand collection from a charity shop. I read around 20 of the series whilst growing up due to my father being an avid fan hence them always being at arms reach on one bookshelf or another.

I started (arbitrarily it must be said) at the first books released hence reading the first two Rincewind novels The Colour of Magic and The Light Fantastic. In no time I've found myself running through Equal Rites (the first witches novel featuring Granny Weatherwax and Esk) and Mort (the first Death book and one of my absolute favourite Pratchett novels). I'm now onto Sourcery so back with Rincewind alongside Nijel the destroyer and Conina.

Having slipped out of the habit of reading for a time I'd forgotten just how engrossing good fantasy writing can be. Pratchett has that wonderful ability to transport the reader into a completely different universe whilst still making hilarious satirical observations about our own world.

I was wondering if there were any other Pratchett fans here and if so which of his books you most enjoyed or find yourself coming back to?

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Terry Pratchett's Discworld Empty Re: Terry Pratchett's Discworld

Post by mountain man Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:48 am

Only 2 years late replying but yes I have them all. In fact just reading Snuff at the moment. One of his last books and to be honest not as good as previous ones.
By far my favourites are the witch ones like Witches Abroad, Wyrd Sisters and Lord and Ladies. Superb and in fact I've recently re-read them for about the 4th time.
He was a fantastic writer with a brilliant grasp on foibiles of human nature. Such a shame he's no more.

mountain man

Back to top Go down